Overflow/BB Raid Times and North America...

I'm surely not the first person to have brought this up, but has there ever been any consideration for adding some additional overflow/BB raid windows into the current schedule? The way the times stack up currently, both the opening times for Beelzebub and Overflow are almost entirely overlapped with NA's working hours (Average 8AM-5PM). There is some space for those on the east coast of NA (3 hour ish window from 5pm to 8pm?), but this window progressively shrinks as you move west across the continent. Personally, I'm on the west coast and have pretty much zero chance to get any access to endgame content during the week.

For reference (Add 3 hours for conversion of PST to EST):
Overflow Times
10-11 UTC 2(AM)-3(AM) PST
15-16 UTC 7(AM)-8(AM) PST
18-19 UTC 10(AM)-11(AM) PST
20-21 UTC 12(PM)-1(PM) PST
23-24 UTC 3(PM)-4(PM) PST
0:30-1 UTC 4:30(PM)-5(PM) PST
1:30-2 UTC 5:30(PM)-6(PM) PST

Beelzebub:
16 - 2 UTC 8(AM)-6(PM) PST

With the times laid out as above, hopefully its clear enough to see the time restrictions. Assuming those of us who have jobs have on average a 30 minute to 1 hour commute, that pretty much takes out all the available access times [for the west coast or anyone who's unfortunate to have to work long hours on the east]. I'm not asking for the times to be changed, but as this server does service both NA and EU, it would only be fair that access times be equally available for both regions. It would make far more sense if Overflow was open every other hour or even every two hours, while Beelzebub was open for a full 12 hours (16 or 24 would honestly be more accommodating, but I won't be greedy). I'd even be happy if a tiny 30 minute window was available between 2UTC and 8UTC was opened. At least that would give us a sliver of opportunity to get a little bit done...

Comments

• MirrianeMirriane Member
    edited January 14

This.

For SEA Players the BB Raid schedule were started on 12am to 10am on Wed/Fri/Sun/Monday (GMT+8)

While I can only be doing the raid on Sunday since the rest were working days, our trigger progress will be slowed down and probably will take a long time just to get a 3/3, despite of crafting it or drop by RNG.

• HimeHime Member
    edited January 15

If I recall right, there was feedback sent to Naddic to add more timeframes for OF when it was first released, however nothing came out of that. Though, it doesn't look like OF times were fixed in this patch (or at least reverted to the previous times), which also doesn't help the fact.

As for BB, I haven't heard anything about increasing the timeframes for it. But feedback was sent earlier regarding the possibility, especially because a lot of people agree on the topic as well.

Regardless, I'll ask again.

• Putting a time gate on activities is a significant deterrent to some types of potential players on WORLD server. Especially when the game limits "windows" to times in their life is working or sleeping hours. We can do Hell any time on any day. What possible gain is there for limiting OF/OFR to specific time windows on specific days?

• YonggYongg Member, Player Council

@7MJYAJR3EK said:
    Putting a time gate on activities is a significant deterrent to some types of potential players on WORLD server. Especially when the game limits "windows" to times in their life is working or sleeping hours. We can do Hell any time on any day. What possible gain is there for limiting OF/OFR to specific time windows on specific days?

Its mostly Queue times to make sure people are able to find a party

• @Yongg said:
    Its mostly Queue times to make sure people are able to find a party

There are other solutions that can provide a better customer experience then time gates. One such system that i've seen in other games is a dialog window that lists activities and you 'queue' into multiple (typically max 3-5) and as long as you stay in a hub when the system has enough for a particular event it spawns a dialog for trying to start it. Entering a stage would remove you from the queues.

Closers unfortunately has a single minded approach and if there are 8 people that want to do Hell, OF, Tiamat, orBearland. They have to magically hope they all try to complete them in the same order. I've lost count the number of times at the end of a stage simply stating "I plan to do X, Y, Z next" leads to working with the same group for several raids.

• JochiraJochira Member
    edited January 18

yeah, I felt that the time schedule was very bad for NA players

for us EU players so is this a good time, since BB opens at 5 PM, in my time, but I always knew that evening for me meant morning for NA

my idea for this (now i'm gonna focus on BB, since your idea of good OF time is really good tbh)

reduce the open time for BB by 4 hours and instead have those lost hours added to a time that's convient to the NA players (when it's evening for NA players). this way we will have 2 open times for BB, 1 during evening at EU and 1 during evening at NA. now this causes the issue that some players might run BB Raid 2 times a day, but that's something I won't touch upon, the plus is outweights the minus

• TarasikTarasik Member
    edited January 18

@Jochira said:
    this causes the issue that some players might run BB Raid 2 times a day

should be locked per day anyway - for example you have multiple open times for OF but can only run once per char per day.

• You can already run investigation as many times as you want. Rewards are already locked to once per character per raid day.

• @Lihzakivi said:
    You can already run investigation as many times as you want. Rewards are already locked to once per character per raid day.

yeah, but with my suggestion so can 1 char run it 2 times a day, unless they do it like @Tarasik said

• there's no reason for 1-2 runs per day per char. our server is already dead enough. if that happens there's a good chance even less pts will be formed cuz players wont be able to practice. having unlimited runs with only once reward claiming is good.
    only problem about BB is the time. if u make the time frame for BB too long ppl that cant do it on open / closing times will have a harder time finding pts since the time frame is so spread out. by limiting the time its on , it can make queues more alive since people cant run it always. even so , i've noticed that even with our current schedule i can be pretty hard to find pts like 4-5 hours after BB has been opened from time to time. maybe splitting it into multi like 2x3 hour and a 2 hour intervals per day or something like that could help. then again even with that option ,players can choose to "favorite" one of the intervals which doesnt fit a part of the playerbase depending on their time , so there'll be problems with queues again. the problem isnt running unlimited times. thats actually really helpful. the problem is the times raid is on. as long as the reset for claiming rewards happens on "days" instead of bb closes , bb opens (which shouldnt be that hard to implement if its not working that way i suppose?), everything should be fine.

the problems with ur suggestions are ( jochira's,terasik's )
    1. favored time frames will make yet again some countries not be able to find queues or have problems with times in general.
    2. making runs per char limited will cause drop in queues. A. its unfair because people cant practice all they want B. getting someone who ran already to help you will be impossible.