New to the game.

edited January 11 in General Discussion

Hello, I'm new to this game!

I'm holding it under review for my entire Discord server as we're looking for a new MMORPG to jump to. We currently reside in between Mabinogi [32 Members], Black Desert [26 Members], ARR and Monster Hunter World [70+ Members].

Other games like Soul Worker, KurtzPel, and Kritika:REBOOT are also under review by 4 other members. Take it as in these games have "Try outs" for our community to hopefully migrate into if it receives a good grade. I've also noticed the "free" (14 day time limit) Costumes [Gear?] new players get, which feels like a lure to bait new players in (Feels like a HUGE Red Flag) more than it helps them progress within the game and catch up to veteran players.

So with that said here are some of the popular Questions we have, and please be straight to the point when answering:

Community:
How healthy is the population of the game?
Can it be completely soloed or does a new player need to depend on other players?
Are veteran players connected and motivated help the new players maintaining a healthy player-base, and expand the population of the game?
How does Enmasse treat its player base?

Crafting, Time, and Gearing:
Is there a crafting system and a gathering system?
Are costumes considered gear and are they required to be upgraded?
What risks are we to encounter when upgrading gear?
Do developers or Enmasse respect the overall player's time spent within the game? (Drop rate balanced, enhancement rate balance, PvP Balance, RNG)

Cash Shop:
Is there anything in the cash shop that will benefit and GREATLY empower a player that's dual-wielding credit cards as opposed to single wielding or not wielding one at all? (VERY IMPORTANT, this will affect the migration to the game on a large scale)

Are cosmetics in the cash shop, is it a Gachapon Game (Lottery draws)? Or can cosmetics be bought outright?
Are costumes in the Cash Shop and does it give players an advantage?

Comments

• VagathVagath Member
    edited January 11

TL;DR: Don't bother trying it. Also Closers is not an mmo, there is nothing massive about it lol.

• How healthy is the population of the game?
      On a steady decline since its launch.

• Can it be completely soloed or does a new player need to depend on other players?
      For leveling yes, but you will need a party for high end content if you are new.

• Are veteran players connected and motivated help the new players maintaining a healthy player-base, and expand the population of the game?
      Uh I guess it depends on the person, it is hard to generalize.

• How does Enmasse treat its player base?
      They try their hardest to strip the whales of their money.(100usd packs lmao)

• Is there a crafting system and a gathering system?
      Yes and technically yes, although gathering is very limited.

• Are costumes considered gear and are they required to be upgraded?
      Yes, but you only need to get a special costume called signature costume and you are done.

• What risks are we to encounter when upgrading gear?
      From 0 to +10 none. From +10 onwards only -1

• Do developers or Enmasse respect the overall player's time spent within the game? (Drop rate balanced, enhancement rate balance, PvP Balance, RNG)
      Not really, although recently enhancing got revamped and it is way better.

• Is there anything in the cash shop that will benefit and GREATLY empower a player that's dual-wielding credit cards as opposed to single wielding or not wielding one at all? (VERY IMPORTANT, this will affect the migration to the game on a large scale)
      Yes. But if you are ok with black dessert you will probably be ok with Closers lol.

• Are cosmetics in the cash shop, is it a Gachapon Game (Lottery draws)? Or can cosmetics be bought outright?
      Both.

• Are costumes in the Cash Shop and does it give players an advantage?
      Yes. Not really, all the costumes share the same item set bonus.

• @Vagath said:
    TL;DR: Don't bother trying it.

This.
    As much as I would love to see a population boom, what little humanity remains in my soul could not recommend this game to anyone in it's current state.

• Game is worth trying... buit I'm not sure if it will be game that you are looking for. And yes, it gives advantages to paying players but it's minor compared to Black Desert :D.
    Still this one is in almost every aspect better than Soul Worker and Kritika.
    Kurtzpel is only good if your sole focus is pvp (but it's actually decent).

• @Neul
    Population is kinda whatever, in part with how EME treats the playerbase.
    Basically everything can be soloed, including the endgame, even without being overgeared. It's a matter of mechanics and piloting/knowing how to react to gimmicks and patterns. But at the same time, the leveling process is basically a solo-fest, due to the large amount of solo-only quests. Catching up in terms of equipment is actually extremely easy. Aside from acquiring gear though, there are other details like enhancing, tuning, and chipping.

The gearing system is a mix of dropped equipment, crafted equipment, and upgrades to those gears. You can also craft dropped gears as well. With the current raid, the trigger equips are from RNG box pulls, but you can also craft them by using materials from salvaging unneeded triggers.
    Costumes and accessories are indeed considered as gear, but it is also completely possible to play the game without them. Generally it's split into 10/10 (6/6 and 4/4 signature costume) set for critical damage and +2 fm3 skill bonus, and then 3/3 and 2/2 accessory sets for extra stats (they can also be seen as luxury for new players/alts). For 10/10 set, the 6/6 costume component can be crafted, while the 4/4 accessory component are from washing machine/gacha(although KR has occassional events where you can get parts); all of them can be bought off the market. The other 5 accessories are dungeon drop sets, and some can be crafted either from contribution shop or npcs.
    Something Naddic does well, and often, is to revamp the gearing process at lower levels heavily whenever gear upgrades, so it is rarely a hassle to catch up to endgame content.

For cash shop, in terms of gear-related, with the exception of SS tuningwhether you cash or not, you can always catch up as a matter of luck. Enhancement is RNG all the way through, as is transcendence. The real kicker that divides f2p and paying players would be elite/platinum status; some benefits include making tuning easier, some extra exp bonus, gives +1 entry to certain dungeons, and some extra end card rewards. It's not as much of a big thing as in the past, outside of tuning, since most things have been streamlined.
    You can buy certain costumes from the cash shop, but those aren't really anything. They do have stats, so they aren't entirely cosmetic, but the only costumes that really matter are the 6/6 signature costumes, which are crafted through synchro fibers, which are also pretty easy to get whether from events or market. The main thing would be that the 4/4 signature set accessories are gacha only, and can be difficult to afford on the market.
    If you're from say an Elsword background, you might notice there is a second skill bar thing here too; but unlike Elsword where it was basically mandatory, the one in Closers is basically completely useless and a waste of money.

All in all, although I'd be hard pressed to recommend this server to others(lol), the game itself is one I don't have many problems recommending. However, as with everything, you would probably have to try it for yourself to find out if it matches your tastes.
    If nothing else, luckily EME treats new players better than old players :joy:

• The population is ok, because its a niche game, and this kind of niche game is hard to get massive numbers past 2015.

Its a GREAT game. Unique gameplay, combos and storyline. I strong recomend, much better than SoulWorker in every aspect.
    If you have friends, you will literaly not care about population at all.