İ calling out to greedy and old players ...

edited January 19 in General Discussion

Friends my Tcp high.
but i realized that.
BB, Of, Hell
they do not help people with low Tcp, but rather they pursue higher Tcp for their teams.
Remember, New players leave the game if you don't help people.
we must support in dungeons they cannot do alone.
We don't have to be the same crew but we have to support.
They have BB greedy team leaders, they just run their teams' high Tcp.
There are people who do not even know how to distribute teams in the dungeon BB.
If this game dies, old and self-thinking players are responsible.
Only they are concerned about getting SSS.
they don't care about other team members.

Comments

• I have not experienced this at all. Most of the stroink people I came across when I first joined really helped me out, and I do my best to do the same when asked. I queue everything just to check if anyone needs help before I go in, most times there's simply no one queuing, and it's kind of unreasonable to expect people to spam shout asking if anyone needs help ALL the time.

Sorry if you've had a rough gig. You can add me and I'll help any time I can. (This goes for anyone else reading as well)

Cheers

• Well honestly I've seen a lot of Bb raids marked as "4m tcp only" I would understand that, if It was the Bb second raid (still, its 3m tcp but whatever) and I'm honestly pissed off. How the hell players who are 2m for example (which is like the minimum tcp for 1st bb raid) are supposed to do this if there are whales with idk 7m tcp who are treating them like this? I honestly hate that kind of people in here. But at least it's not always like that.

• You're calling out to a really really small lot of people who have poor management of squads or just don't care imo, just leave those people alone and choose a better room. My expectations were at least 3-4m range for the first raid on the 23rd but after that I didn't really care about it anymore, one person having low tcp per squad is totally fine by me.

This game hasn't been newb friendly especially for those who are first timers to the game. Take the op as an example who could gear up to 4m tcp because he knew what to do, but other people are usually gear rushed which explains why you see low tcp people around. It's not the veteran player's fault but rather the lack of promotion of the game to people outside of those who knew of the original server.

• RieidRieid Member

I've seen some people ask for certain amount of TCP in the world channel, however is very rare nowadays and dumb. The last time I saw this was maybe when bb raid was released. Before that I remember a few trying to get high tcp people for OF or divine battle, but it was always very rare.

In my case i never ask for tcp when trying to run something in group. I usually just ask for people to queue, as example:
    "Queue Dogra" or "Queue OF reverse"
    I remember that many times I even said: "I don't care about your tcp" since I just wanted people to speed up things or to get that fictional better drop rate.. :D
    There is also at least two other people I always see explicitly saying that they don't care about tcp, one of which is a known old player who is always talking and trolling on the world channel. In fact I was carried in some of my alts many times by that dude.

I think that considering the low population this game have and how most of the few people that still play run everything with their friends, crews and discord or whatever the voice chat their crew use... It is really dumb to try to ask for tcp in a game in which is already hard to make squads.

• BekirBekir Member

@Disposessed said

@Rieid said:
    @Lunalols said:
    @CerealXKiller said:

friends, new players are always coming to the game.
    but in order for these people to stay in the game, old players should always help..
    Otherwise, new players leave the game, which is one of the reasons why the game dies.
    One reason this game is alive depends on old and helpful players.
    You can get S instead of SSS, this is not the end of life.
    I think the important thing is to have fun together.
    This is what I say to people who think about themselves.
    Also thank you for the people that think like me :smile:

• I am of the idea that if you need to be carried, that is, not contribution anything to the group, then you are not meant to do that content.

• I'm having some trouble at the moment trying to gear up my alt. No one queues Hell really anymore so I wind up soloing with 28k raw and 3.4m TCP. Certainly not looking for a carry, just a little halp. I notice if there's like one other person queuing they won't accept because they're expecting a 5 minute run. (The not-so-spoken-of entitled nibs who think the stoinker people OWE them carries)

• ^ Or maybe because if one DCed, the other person is screwed.

This is why I never accept queues if it's not atleast a 3-man party or if I'm not confident to finish the raid alone with the character I'm using (in other words I'm the carry).

Another thing is that you can't view your party's TCP in queues unlike BB so you never know if the other person is undergeared like you, making it a 20-min run.

• @Mynoodles said:
    ^ Or maybe because if one DCed, the other person is screwed.

This is why I never accept queues if it's not atleast a 3-man party or if I'm not confident to finish the raid alone with the character I'm using (in other words I'm the carry).

Another thing is that you can't view your party's TCP in queues unlike BB so you never know if the other person is undergeared like you, making it a 20-min run.

I agree completely, there should be some system of seeing who you're running with before hand. Even if you're running with one other person who's semi in your range, it's still faster than soloing. My dodge skills are on point, but it's a LONG run to solo for gear that's about to be obsolete af (Amplifier).

• I kinda disagree, i'm an old player here but my TCP is quite low for an old player (only got 3.6 mil) and despite being low TCP so have I never had problem with BB raid and such, I've even seen ppl with less TCP to be allowed to join

You must have had really bad luck ish all I can say

• I am a old player that has been around since the closed beta and my TCP is low compared to most players. but I simply don't care about that as my team buff is maxed for all 15 characters and I use 8 of them as main characters. with two other mmos to work on and everything I have going on in irl I simply don't have the time or energy to care if my characters TCP is a little low. the story is what keeps me interested in Closers, I don't play a mmo simply to be the best.

we should still make a effort to help new players when we can though. I don't mind taking the time to help out players in mmos as long as they are nice players. my problem is I am a shy player that is not often the joining type and in Closers it is a bit more difficult to find players to team up with then it is some other mmos. but if ever asked by a player for help if I have the time there is a very high chance I will agree to help. might look into creating or joining a crew soon but recently I have been to busy irl to put much thought into it.

every player is still a person some are busier then others and what it comes down to for a new player is "is this mmo worth my time," and that all depends on the game, content, and the community. so I agree with the op, try to be friendly to new players when you can. it can be tough being the new player to any mmo but a friendly community can make a huge difference :)

• Scott95Scott95 Member
    edited January 23

I've seen some of these people but it's not really common tbh (maybe cuz 1-2PM est raid people are more friendly ??). I do have a small list of parties that I actively avoid though(not naming any1 here) usually just impatient leaders that don't wait for people to have a 2nd shot or straight up ignoring people's request for balancing the squads.
    Although I'd say that you should get at least 2.5m~2.8m tcp (depends on characters/squad average tcp) to even attempt to do this, like atleast a t5 puri core, cuz carrying or being carried is not always fun. Usually, you should be able to pair <2.5m with +4m 1:1, which is not super common but common enough
    And, if you don't feel good running it, you should just wait a bit and try to upgrade your gears (better tunes/ adding chips-pna/finishing your trinket sets), no need to rush cuz it'll take long-a$$ time to transcend the gear anyway. I'm more confident running with my 3m Luna than my 4m Yuri tbh, for whatever reason, she can out-score 4.5m people pretty frequently.

• Yeah I had a party like that yesterday. They didn't balance the squads and I believe the squad with the lowest TCP average gave up. I felt pretty bad for them >:

• Guys, will you help me with bb (I have almost 1m tcp :O!)

• Well .. Right now my tcp is a bit low because I just restarted the game (3m4) but i can solo all the raids (except bb12 obviously) in 2 minutes
    As for bb12, since im usually one of the lowest my contribution isnt very good but not bad as well.
    I used the be top 1 tcp when i was playing and at that time i was helping new players. Not only by giving "carries" but also by explaining the strategy and mechanics of each boss and how to deal with them, I also used to make guides about the different chars, the buffs to keep up while in fight, the combos that can make you get all your buffs aligned and then burst. Helping new players isnt just about carries, its about explaining how this game works, how to be able to do things alone, how to manage to get good and being good isnt only about the gear. Tho, sometimes, they do need carries because, as somebody said earlier in this topic, we are able to rush the game, get high level and low geared and in those cases yes they do need some carry to get gear. I can give you hoffman overclocked as example : I used to do it with a friend who had a lot of troubles on it. She got very very frustrated about the fact that she kept dying again and again (she had 1m3 tcp). I told her that the problems here wasnt about her skills and to prove it i soloed hoff oc with wolfgang as 1m5 tcp and it took me freaking 15 minutes to do it and I died oftenly because almost everything one shotted me. The buffs/debuffs created by the lack of ilvl is putting new players in shit when they try to do content to get gear. Obviously im not gonna tell a low lvl to go farm david/irina in order to have get before going to puri it would be a waste of time for him especially in a game where everything is made with daily entries. So, yes, at the beginning they're gonna need to be carried in order to get some gear and ilvl that not have the debuff anymore.
    Right now im ilvl 117 as wolfgang, hoff oc needs the ilvl 130 which means that rn if i go there i got a debuff reducing my dmg by 70% and increasing the dmg received by 160%. I know some of you will say "dont go in overclocked" and I half agree with you there because, as I said, this game works with dailies. Oc gives more lump so you can get the gear faster. Thats why im for carrying new players BUT also explaining them how the fight works that way when they get geared up they wont need to be carried and usually i check that myself by asking them, when they have enough gear, to carry on that same fight one of my low tcp char.
    We all need to do those dailies anyway in order to get gear, get money, get achievements, the objectives from the mission license thingy or just because we're bored. If youre not sure that you can carry alone just take one of your friend who have around the same lvl and gear as you and then take 1 or 2 new players with you. Dont carry them just to carry them and get rid of that, try to take your time to explain them things and help them improve. No one can improve alone, at some point we all had advices from someone, asked help, saw videos, read guides or anything to help us improve. Dont act like it all came by yourself alone without any exterior help. We've all been bad one day, heck since i restarted the game after a very long pause im shit right now ! xD So instead of thinking that "if you want to do this get good and dont bother me" think "If i help him get good, ill be able to play with a player who i know is good".
    Well I already wrote too much, lets stop here. Im not even sure you guys will have the patience to read everything :v Anyway, have a nice day guys and don't forget to enjoy the game. We are all here to have fun, not to get frustrated to have more problems.

• As someone who's being targeted by this for being a greedy player because I stack high tcp friends in the same party. Why are we obligated to split our friendship up and completely go against the reason were doing the raid together at the same time? I fully understand that people need help but to complain about this as if every person is a degenerate that cares about a meaningless points system is ignorant and rather selfish themselves. I think the issue is more if you don't think you can clear with your party maybe don't hit ready and try to open dialog with the leader and if that doesn't work get kicked or find a party that can accommodate your needs better. I do a fair share of helping people out but I didn't try to make my characters better to carry every person that needs a hand out and I shouldn't be expected to do so especially when i'm playing with my friends.

• MynoodlesMynoodles Member
    edited January 28

@PlasticMemories said:
    As someone who's being targeted by this for being a greedy player because I stack high tcp friends in the same party. Why are we obligated to split our friendship up and completely go against the reason were doing the raid together at the same time? I fully understand that people need help but to complain about this as if every person is a degenerate that cares about a meaningless points system is ignorant and rather selfish themselves. I think the issue is more if you don't think you can clear with your party maybe don't hit ready and try to open dialog with the leader and if that doesn't work get kicked or find a party that can accommodate your needs better. I do a fair share of helping people out but I didn't try to make my characters better to carry every person that needs a hand out and I shouldn't be expected to do so especially when i'm playing with my friends.

Blaming others for your own selfishness and calling them selfish. Nice logic.

Sure, you're not obligated to split your "friendship" and you can play as a squad but it doesn't mean you can poach points from others and when they complain about it you call them ignorant and selfish. It's not a "meaningless" point system either. Anything below SS means you've wasted your time for this raid.

I think the real issue here is to atleast tell your raid team that you're going for a 3rd run because they're too slow. If they say they can finish it, then don't be a jerk and still do it. Atleast this way you're giving them a holler. But hey, this is not what I have been experiencing. What I've been experiencing is that these high tcp players go under the radar, behind everyone's back without even "opening a dialog". When you call them out in-game, they give you childish replies like "kowgowdgwdg; sorry I didn't hear ya".

How about not taking advantage of 8 people to save your precious time and do BB raid by yourselves? You're fast enough anyway. But hey, that will take more time so you'd rather use 8 "ignorant" people.

Don't expect others to do what you can't do.

• Please no need to get mad and start blaming each other. Some high tcp players might just want to stay on their side but not all of them. Tbh, yes, if you dont know a person and ask help out of nowhere that person might answer in a bad way. Not all the time but it does happen and thats not just because that person is a "high tcp jerk" or anything you wanna call them but because its not a good feeling. Ive been in that spot where people came to me, asked my help just because i could carry them and after its done poof nothing else like basically I was just here for their little person. Thats not a great sensation and you cant really enjoy your time playing with people like that. I do agree that some high tcp players are selfish BUT people are selfish in anyway both in high and low tcp. Its just in a different way. So low tcp will say high ones are selfish because they dont help and high ones will say low ones are selfish because they want us to help them otherwise they start complaining. Both are true and both are wrong. If you wanna ask a random person for help at least have the courtesy of asking politely and thanking that person afterward. High tcp players owe nothing to the low tcp ones, if they help its out of "kindness" (even tho some of them do it just to show off '-').
    Im not contradicting what I said the other day tho, I still think that players should help each other to improve. But just like there are some jerks in high tcp, there also are jerks in low tcp. Which is why I said that for the low tcp asking high ones, if its people you know like in your crew for example, its not very nice from you to never talk to that person and just when you need them ask for a carry and no more talking again. We're all people in here, not tools to just be used when needed. If its random people, as I said, have some courtesy and be, at least a bit, polite. A few words can make a lot of things better especially in those situations.
    Now for high tcp players, basically im gonna repeat what i said in the other post <.<' If you wanna truly help someone dont just do a carry. That person needs advices, needs to learn things, to understand things. You need to keep in mind that even YOU who is now one of the most badass player, able to kill anything anytime, who must be feared by Tiamat, Hoffman and Belzebub, you were a noob as well once. You were a new player, not knowing anything about that game. We all were there at some point.

@Mynoodles Please just try to stay cheerful. Its not by being angry and frustrated that things will get better. Sure, some players might prefer to stay with their friends but we can't really blame them for that. Closers gets boring really quickly by playing alone so playing with friends is never a bad thing.

@PlasticMemories No one said you can't play with friends. But you can be friend with a low geared player. Or how about having one char to play with your friends and one you use to help other players ? IF you have the time to have 2 chars with high tcp that could be a could solution tbh. Tho I won't try to convince you or anything. Most of the things i wanna tell you there were in my other post so if you didnt care then, you wont care now :v

• @Kittaro

The minimum for BBv1 is 2m, if you want a relatively good pacing then 3m is more than enough. So I don't really understand what's the standard others have for "helping or carrying low tcp". Like I said from another thread, it's more of them being overgeared rather than them carrying undergeared players. Even the latest Busan only requires you to have 4m tcp.

I have no issue with them playing with friends at all. However this is 12-man raid, not a 4-man raid so teamwork and consideration for 8 other people is just common courtesy. Everyone is here for fun so if you only care for your friends and it affects others' enjoyment and reward, then they should be able to atleast talk it out with you without receiving obnoxious responses like "blah blah blah" or "I didn't hear ya". Just so you know I never called them out in-game. Others did in the network chat. I'd politely ask to spare us some points and if they didn't conform, then so be it. You won't be seeing me in your raid team ever again.

I'm not really angry or frustrated. I'm just disappointed and can't help but sigh. People are telling you not to expect something from them but then they expect something from you.

• BekirBekir Member
    edited January 28

people who shout that the game is dead are people with high Tcp.
    I see people who think like that as idiots.
    If you don't help low Tcp, the population will of course drop.
    And then the dead game, sorry but you idiot.
    Player population is in the hands of old players.
    If you don't help new players, they will leave the game.
    And then High Tcp players, Ded game ded game ded game 2-4 dogra ded game 3-4 magra ded game blah blah blah.

• @Mynoodles I think you are misrepresenting my words and my claims, It was in response to the blanket statement that we all care about points only. I'm not going around stealing runs from people and I'm not defending anyone with a negative mindset towards other players, we don't all fall into this category we have been placed in or act in a way you have given an example for. You're clearly upset with others who acted maliciously by adding all this extra meaning to my post and that sucks but you don't have to take it out on me who's just trying to add some perspective to why some people stack players.

@Kittaro You are 100% correct about how to carry people and i mainly play 3 characters so i do raids 1-2 more times throughout the day depending how much free time I have.

@Bekir Player population isn't just on the player level though and doesn't just grow from handing out carries it grows with community engagement, which is why you shouldn't be telling people to just carry. Your time is better spent getting people more information on the games base mechanics than telling us to bypass them like dodging, which is never used properly until endgame bosses so they can stop dying to a large amount of boss gimmicks. Its not someones responsibility because they made numbers be higher than others cause every player has the ability to help new players. You cant single out the absolute smallest minority of player base cause they don't owe it to anyone anymore than you.

• RieidRieid Member

@Bekir said:

people who shout that the game is dead are people with high Tcp.
    I see people who think like that as idiots.
    If you don't help low Tcp, the population will of course drop.
    And then the dead game, sorry but you idiot.
    Player population is in the hands of old players.
    If you don't help new players, they will leave the game.
    And then High Tcp players, Ded game ded game ded game 2-4 dogra ded game 3-4 magra ded game blah blah blah.

While I agree with you in general about the whole "People should help new players and not worry to much about tcp " argument. I don't really think that people stating that the game is dead are necessarily high tcp ones, nor does saying that make them dumb.

The irony of your comment here is that the person who spam those messages during divine battle, If they are who I think they are, I never saw them ask for tcp, so even if their message seems a bit negative, it seems to me that they are just trolling.
    Also considering that said person seems to have a large amount of well geared characters and is running divine battle with all of them, it is obvious that they are actually helping people (even if it is for their own gain) so in this case you are probably attacking someone who actually helps people and is not some sort of elitist as you may see them..

• Yesterday's raid only reminded me of how I have beef with piss poor management of squads. I had to carry all the alts and low geared people which I didn't really mind but the other two squads were beyond well geared and the people in my squad either dced, afk, or just gave the impression that they didn't know how to raid. That's why I'd rather solo the entire raid or go with someone that actually knows what they're doing. You have to find the better rooms or people and usually it's at the start of raid. It's not high tcp that's always the problem it's these asshats that always keep existing.

• @Lunalols said:
    Yesterday's raid only reminded me of how I have beef with piss poor management of squads. I had to carry all the alts and low geared people which I didn't really mind but the other two squads were beyond well geared and the people in my squad either dced, afk, or just gave the impression that they didn't know how to raid. That's why I'd rather solo the entire raid or go with someone that actually knows what they're doing. You have to find the better rooms or people and usually it's at the start of raid. It's not high tcp that's always the problem it's these asshats that always keep existing.

I feel like I was in the raid you're talking about. I remember mentioning that your squad would be screwed if you DCed, the leader did nothing. I guess I have to be more explicit about poor management when I see it. I just hate seeming like I'm telling people what to do.

• RieidRieid Member

From what I notice this has turned more about BB raid than anything else. Here is my take on this:
    As I said before, people need to be realistic about it, I don't really see too much people asking for high tcp for that, but the ones that do it should understand that is unrealistic to try to get a random squad full of max tcp whales, this specially on a game with low population like this one.

However, I also feel that people who is new to the game should really not try to rush to end game too much. Don´t get me wrong, I am not saying that a new player should do every single boss out there before BB raid. But one thing is that your average player who is relatively new and not OP, but at least have gear to survive a few hits in BB is invited to said raid, which is fine in my opinion, and what most of veterans can do.
    But if a person who played for a weak or something, maybe that power leveled, managed to enter end game hub somehow and without even understanding game mechanics, with really low tier gear is expecting to be carried in a 12 people raid which is our current end game content, and that probably should not even be doing, I think that is completely different story.

I feel that both new and old players need a bit of common sense in this issue. Because on one side you have a few veterans that indeed are extremely elitist, selfish and overall rude. But also you have some new players that are very entitled and that see the help from old players as some sort of ¨absolute human right¨ which is not.

• BekirBekir Member

Actually, Tcp is not very important, Just knowing the mechanics is enough for BB.
    i entered BB with a low Tcp team, but they knew the mechanics I observed well.
    There is no need to be mad at people who actually play this game.
    Just having fun from the game and knowing that the end of the world is just death.
    :smiley:

• BlackyERBlackyER Member
    edited January 29

i just want to say, we will have another new raid BB soon, so just have fun
    most of the time i only play one char and do multiple runs to help other players.

• So anyone wants to do some raids with low gear person?

• HimeHime Member

Admittedly I have heard of people doing this, though not so often now. I'm not really a fan of it nor do I condone it, since I think people should be helping out others, but that's just me.
    Anyway, I don't mind carrying others in BB regardless of their TCP (assuming I'm not busy on that day with other errands). So just hit me up.

• GrayShadesGrayShades Member
    edited January 31

Geez, all i can say is pepeYIKES

ok i'll go back to my grave