Costumes

anyone thought of the game should make all past costumes available at all time? Returning players like me can't even buy the costumes especially since nobody sells it on BM anymore.

Comments

• KreiserKreiser Member
    edited April 25

unfortunally this is what closers have become whit 15 characters, less player base, greedy community and a greedy publisher it was just a matter of time soon will have 17 characters and more to come things will get even worse.
    I alway said that i rater would pay 10$ for each character outfit than use bitna , they can make A variant bitna exclusive for whales but B,C,D alway should be on the store and that for a inexistent player base like this one is a MUST.

As for myself bitna was ok wen there was only 5 characters i got pieces from her and bought the ones i didnt get from bm now thats is imposible whit both options so i prefer use my money in other games not rng based where i can bought outfits from stores and dont need gacha

Closers golden era is long gone

• Yes! I absolutely 100% agree with you. Please put all the costumes on sale as packs in the EMP store, if not at least what Kreiser explained and have all the non-A variants be always sold in the store. Even if they're like $20-$30+ each that would still be better than having to deal with all the RNG and rolling useless items in the washing machines.

Most recent example of this kind of thing being possible is the Domestic set. The A and B variants have been added to the store, while C and D were relegated to washing machine only.

More people would be less hesitant to spend money on this game if getting most costumes didn't involve the washing machine mechanic or limited time windows in which costumes are available. I know I would spend more money. Only offering the seasonal costumes during certain time periods I kind of understand, like the Halloween and Summer sets, but the rest of the costumes should always be available. It is extremely difficult to get older costumes now, or really any costume that simply is not in the current washing machine rotation, unless you constantly refresh the BM and/or are willing to pay exorbitant amounts of credits to get them from other players. And even if you decide to do the latter, you always run the risk of the costumes being sniped off of the BM by someone else.

• XusuyXusuy Member
    edited May 1

For the most part this is out of EME's control, Naddic make the decision on what sets can be bought.

Also in KR, they've done this for a lot of sets such as Shaman, All Stars, Opera, ninja and etc. (none with portrait). So eventually it could possibly come to the world server but we don't know when.

Naddic doesn't add old sets back into the cash shops because they do rerelease the gacha which they've done with Lovely Lace and Santa Helper being the most recent examples. And in KR they just did their rerun of Spring Fairy and Domestic (with Chulsoo and Mirae added). They also reran the character exclusive sets all in one banner recently as well. So if new players/ returning players did miss out on a set previously - chances are they will either rerun the gacha at a later time or the sets did poorly and will be added to the cash shop.

• RieidRieid Member

This is a good idea in my opinion. I always thought they should put more of the old stuff in the regular cash shop, this even if a few rare ones remain gacha exclusive, sadly I don't really think that Naddic want or care too much about our version anymore, also not sure if eme will be willing to do something like that.

On a side note and since I am kind of ignorant about Bitna: Did naddic at some point nerf the drop rate for some of the regular sets?

I ask this 'cause a lot of people was saying that in game and since I don't have access to kr version anymore, I am not sure if that is true or just that the game lost so many whales that there is less costumes influx to the market.

I mean, I remember that a few months ago you could still find 2* sets accessories at reasonable price and in abundance. Nowadays however the last sets not only use 2 accessories instead of one, but also it seems almost imposible to get those acc parts. As example I never saw the kitsune tail on Bm, only saw a few ears and really expensive, same can be said about wonderland, when it was on sale people was buying the acc for that set at a billion each part...

• KhleysKhleys Member

I mean, I'm posting 3 months after last post but this continues to be a problem.
    There are actually hundreds of nice looking costumes in the game, but nobody but the veterans can ever get them because there's only ever one costume being promoted.

This game would be 9000x more fun if there was just some shop that allowed you to buy old costumes with credit.
    If the concern is money, then just put all the old costumes as packages in the EME Shop.

Naddic doesn't want to do that? No problem, EME can just stick old costumes in Daily Deals.
    People love costumes, the only thing that happens when you don't make old costumes obtainable in some guaranteed way is loss of revenue, especially since Americans don't have the same buying habits as Koreans...

• @Khleys said:
    I mean, I'm posting 3 months after last post but this continues to be a problem.
    There are actually hundreds of nice looking costumes in the game, but nobody but the veterans can ever get them because there's only ever one costume being promoted.

This game would be 9000x more fun if there was just some shop that allowed you to buy old costumes with credit.
    If the concern is money, then just put all the old costumes as packages in the EME Shop.

Naddic doesn't want to do that? No problem, EME can just stick old costumes in Daily Deals.
    People love costumes, the only thing that happens when you don't make old costumes obtainable in some guaranteed way is loss of revenue, especially since Americans don't have the same buying habits as Koreans...

If you can get a large backing of the community wanting a certain costume back we try to forward this feedback.

• KhleysKhleys Member

@Lunalols said:

@Khleys said:

If you can get a large backing of the community wanting a certain costume back we try to forward this feedback.

That wouldn't really help with the problem, though. The issue I have is with the lack of variety—if they're only ever bringing back the most popular ones, then they'll basically be doing the same thing they're already doing.

• @Khleys said:

@Lunalols said:

@Khleys said:

That wouldn't really help with the problem, though. The issue I have is with the lack of variety—if they're only ever bringing back the most popular ones, then they'll basically be doing the same thing they're already doing.

If you're not going to try and gather feedback/poll the community, then no point making noise about a lack of variety and refusing to take further inititative.

• KhleysKhleys Member

@Lunalols said:

@Khleys said:

@Lunalols said:

@Khleys said:

If you're not going to try and gather feedback/poll the community, then no point making noise about a lack of variety and refusing to take further inititative.

I don't agree. I think there is a point in simply discussing it, because then the developers will know what players think.
    Not everything posted on the feedback forums has to invite change.

Now, as for the reason I refuse to take further initiative:
    1. There are more important things in life.
    2. Not being able to get the costumes isn't that big of a concern to me—Closers isn't the only game I play.
    3. It's not my responsibility to make the players of this game happy, and certainly not a responsibility I want to take over.
    4. Apathy from developers and publisher—game feels as though it is standing on its last legs and still has many system bugs that have been around since launch.

• LunalolsLunalols Member
    edited August 5

@Khleys said:

@Lunalols said:

@Khleys said:

@Lunalols said:

@Khleys said:

I don't agree. I think there is a point in simply discussing it, because then the developers will know what players think.
    Not everything posted on the feedback forums has to invite change.

Now, as for the reason I refuse to take further initiative:
    1. There are more important things in life.
    2. Not being able to get the costumes isn't that big of a concern to me—Closers isn't the only game I play.
    3. It's not my responsibility to make the players of this game happy, and certainly not a responsibility I want to take over.
    4. Apathy from developers and publisher—game feels as though it is standing on its last legs and still has many system bugs that have been around since launch.

1, 2, 3. 'For every problem there is a solution'. It is evident that you think what the OP suggested is a problem that naddic has created, but you'd rather shy away and let the problem snowball instead. And then we just end up being a problematic community.

1. Even KR has bugs and while not as many as us, we can't say for certain that the code for another server can interact with ours without any issues whatsoever.

And regarding your remark about the game being on its last legs... I find it hard to react to. The japanese server has been open double the time of us and are behind us by a pretty long shot now, and asides from hand-holding events that KR throws out we've been following KR content pacing pretty nicely if you went to do some investigation. It's just that without Q4 roadmap there is no confirmed date for the things people are looking forward to.