Is this game p2w game or is it Grind ? or something between both

edited November 2017 in General Discussion

i have seen Elite and Platinum System in this game so i want to know before i buy a founder's pack
is it p2w game which means i pay more i get higher ?
or things can be farmed like i grind harder i get higher ?

Hope to get a reply soon :smile: i'm really interested in this game and i have been waiting for it for along time

Comments

• There is nothing to win neither if you pay or freeload in PvE if you care. You can climb in PvP if you learn it the hard way so the game is fine

• KeuanKeuan Member
    edited November 2017

@Natorious said:
    There is nothing to win neither if you pay or freeload in PvE if you care. You can climb in PvP if you learn it the hard way so the game is fine

okay thank you so much
    do you know what is the best character to start with cuz i missed the Alpha :no_mouth:

• I don't think there's a better character to start, there's certain characters whose people are more ''unaware'' of it's combos and skills on PvP ofc, but if you want to have fun, choose one by look, lore or gameplay. Since you liked the alpha, I grant you that you will enjoy the game with any character that you pick.

• this game PAY 2 LOOK GOOD XD

• I mean the game has some pay 2 win aspects. If you wanna drop a bunch of money and get your gear +13~15 then you're probably going to kick most peoples shit in when it comes to pvp, but it's not like many people are even capable or doing that, let alone willing, but those kind of people are an extreme minority, and even then if you're good enough you'll still beat their ass in pvp, you'll just have to take less trades.

• @DJHEADW6LM said:
    this game PAY 2 LOOK GOOD XD

This is the more accurate response, this game really is more of a Fashionista's game; so a lot of the money spent will be spent on looking good.

This is way more evident when the Union camp (player housing) content comes to our version.

• Flash back to elsword ib lol, still have a few sets on my Ara but haven't played in a lonnnnng time

• You probably want to play all 5 characters since each one gives a stat bonus to the other ones depending on level

PVP has caps on stats. Not sure if it's fully equalized as in Tera, but skill >>> gear in any case.

There are some minor p2w elements. Some costumes give set-bonuses that are better than the ones you can grind in game for (Hence the initial founder's pack drama). You can't pay your way to +15 gear though. The items that you need for that are all available in-game for grinding. The only p2w mechanic could be the tuning system, since you can buy items that reset tuning attempts in the cash shop, so you can get those perfect 4x A bonuses. However, those items are also craftable in game (I'm pretty sure). No buyable +15 scrolls, thank god. Hope EME stays on the straight and narrow and never implements those.

Edit: After I wrote this I suddenly had a deja vu where I was debating this with someone on this forum and they showed me a +15 gear upgrade cash shop item... Shivers

• @flumculus said:
    PVP has caps on stats. Not sure if it's fully equalized as in Tera, but skill >>> gear in any case.

Ehhh, I'd say it's more luck >>> everything.

The game isn't so much P2W as it is pay to speedrun. People who use cash items will have a stat advantage, but the stat advantage is very low compared to what a freebie player would have.