We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

How do you deal with bosses that can't be knocked down and attacks fast?

edited June 2017 in Player Guides

Like Ilya? I figured out that running in a circle lets you avoid most of her attacks, but there still the problem of dealing damage. Is there some kind of special stat or ability to do it? I'm so busy trying to dodge her attacks, that when I knock her down by accident, I already ran away too far to follow up and she's already teleporting to some random part of the map.

Playing valk in insane difficulty. I just don't get how to knock her down. That giant whip attack that takes out shields doesn't affect her at all. The same attack I use to knock down every other boss when they try to use their ultimate. I can get Carson from 100% to 0% without any breaks, but I just can't do anything to Ilya. I can only do glancing shots since it's most likely insta death if I get too close.

Comments

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

I am a valk too i never really had a issue with Ilya but i never used the chain stance on her its better on the blade stance coz you can close the gap really fast with dash+jump and you can just knock her down also she has 2 skills which allow you to go behind her

• EyriesEyries Member

Question is, if you're leveling, why you're doing insane? Hard and Insane have the same EXP modifier, only reason to do insane is for the red boss souls. If leveling up, it's best to stay in hard.

Aside from that, the key to illya isn't keeping too far it's to avoid her traps and to get behind her.

When she does her shuriken throw, you run in a circle around her til it disappears then attack her. When she is flashing, you have to ulti-break her, but if you're fighting her at that level, you may not have any ulti break skill to use, in which case you have to take advantage when it drops.

• VesporaxVesporax Member
    edited June 2017

Does she just not do damage if you get behind her? She's doing her spinning combo 90% of the time. Or is that just frontal damage only?

Insane is pretty so far, until this part. So I just went with it.

• How do you avoid Ilya's homing shuriken? I try to jump over and iframe it, but it doesn't stop.

• @Vesporax said:
    How do you avoid Ilya's homing shuriken? I try to jump over and iframe it, but it doesn't stop.

It stops. Just run away from it until it does.

• S.H.I.F.T

• clau4dclau4d Member

Indeed shift and a simple kick and she is crawling on floor enough to tab + best dmg skill u have :)

• @Eyries said:
    Question is, if you're leveling, why you're doing insane? Hard and Insane have the same EXP modifier, only reason to do insane is for the red boss souls. If leveling up, it's best to stay in hard.

Aside from that, the key to illya isn't keeping too far it's to avoid her traps and to get behind her.

When she does her shuriken throw, you run in a circle around her til it disappears then attack her. When she is flashing, you have to ulti-break her, but if you're fighting her at that level, you may not have any ulti break skill to use, in which case you have to take advantage when it drops.

That changes now since people will be doing Insane more since they nerfed XP modifiers to Easy - x2, Norm - x4, Hard x6, and Insane - x8.
    Everything else I agree to what you mentioned.

• Is she the assassin that you meet around level 30-ish? If so, then yeah, she's real annoying.

• Try get one big hit without the animation lock and keep kiting her. Her homing shuriken make sure you far enough to dance around it. Can't jump that sadly.