We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Recommended Class List

2»

Comments

• ExpedExped Member

@imShu said:
    off topic: I hate partying with firelords, pushing bosses are not funny :(

Lol...

• yep , played a firelord in cb , not gonna play him in ob , the skills are too disruptive for the rest of my team mates but if I don't use them i sacrifice my damage and cc.

• ZylowZylow Member

@Asusa said:
    also wolf guardian cant group well.....

lol? you have clearly never seen an AoE speced WG then. Best grouping you'll probably ever see.

• todd1todd1 Member

@KWRWWNP39T said:
    yep , played a firelord in cb , not gonna play him in ob , the skills are too disruptive for the rest of my team mates but if I don't use them i sacrifice my damage and cc.

Fire lord only has 3 skills that can be disruptive to other players, the rest of his moves are fine.

• @todd1 said:

@KWRWWNP39T said:
    yep , played a firelord in cb , not gonna play him in ob , the skills are too disruptive for the rest of my team mates but if I don't use them i sacrifice my damage and cc.

Fire lord only has 3 skills that can be disruptive to other players, the rest of his moves are fine.

true , but its 3 skills that i can't use , paired up with the fact that he is not so good in pvp , at least until later patches . It's definitely discouraging although I like the class.

• todd1todd1 Member

@KWRWWNP39T said:
    true , but its 3 skills that i can't use , paired up with the fact that he is not so good in pvp , at least until later patches . It's definitely discouraging although I like the class.

You wouldn't have to dismiss using them completely, it's just they are really situational in party play and there are better options for damage. As for pvp, I can't give any specifics since I only focused on pve in the beta, but I agree he does get some good stuff later.

• wow I already know which classes I'm going to try out in OBT now. Already tried out Warp Mage so I'm keeping him, going to test out vamp, frost mage, and catspaw. I partied with a vamp before and she's really OP. She had this one skill that would drop the boss's HP bar from 35 to 10.

• UtsaUtsa Member

Warp Mage: Really crappy for party play tbh, especially if you have melee party members (which is the majority of the classes right now). You render your teammates useless 90% of the time by throwing mobs into the air. Also will bug mobs very often.
    Wolf Guardian: Not exactly sure how you "spec" for AoE grouping on a WG besides giving her skills more range. Even with awakening, her mob gathering abilities are still limited to 2 skills. That does not change. Her grouping abilities are mediocre, but her mob killing abilities are maybe good (excluding bosses). I don't really know what category you would put WG. She doesn't really excel in anything.

• @Utsa said:
    Warp Mage: Really crappy for party play tbh, especially if you have melee party members (which is the majority of the classes right now). You render your teammates useless 90% of the time by throwing mobs into the air. Also will bug mobs very often.

Not true, there's only 1 move that really does this and it's reverse grav/RG EX (which during my playthrough really wasn't worth using anyway) and can be fixed by using gravmatic mire which'll start to push them back down.

I haven't seen or played a class that was as good at grouping a room for my team as Warp Mage and keeping things bunched up in that spot for them, just don't use reverse grav in a party or do mindless things like using wall of guns/glitter gun on something that too high into the air for your team to hit and you'll be an asset.

• UtsaUtsa Member

@MarcusGraves said:

@Utsa said:

Not true, there's only 1 move that really does this and it's reverse grav/RG EX (which during my playthrough really wasn't worth using anyway) and can be fixed by using gravmatic mire which'll start to push them back down.

I haven't seen or played a class that was as good at grouping a room for my team as Warp Mage and keeping things bunched up in that spot for them, just don't use reverse grav in a party or do mindless things like using wall of guns/glitter gun on something that too high into the air for your team to hit and you'll be an asset.

Yeah, I agree with you. That's just hard to tell every Warp Mage to do if you're just partying with randoms. Everyone wants to do the most damage they can and it won't be fun for the Warp Mage if they're limited to a few skills to prevent their teammates from raging. That's why I think Warp Mage is better for solo even if they don't have the best survivability.

• @Utsa said:
    Yeah, I agree with you. That's just hard to tell every Warp Mage to do if you're just partying with randoms. Everyone wants to do the most damage they can and it won't be fun for the Warp Mage if they're limited to a few skills to prevent their teammates from raging. That's why I think Warp Mage is better for solo even if they don't have the best survivability.

It's just going to be a common thing with the class until the game and it's players become more experienced + more guides for people to read come out, then of course they're people that don't care and do whatever they want anyway, which nothing can be done about.

I still had plenty of other skills to use on the class in groups when I stopped using RG. WM to my surprise, was very heavy on micro'ing my skill rotation (especially on bosses) to make sure nothing got loose and having to constantly apply our auto attack buff that I really wish was our normal auto's with the attack bonus +planar debuff. I really hate this AA buff, it's so important to have up but it only lasts a measly 10 sec and tends to glitch out and not apply if you moved before the animation completed.

• @MarcusGraves said:

@Utsa said:

It's just going to be a common thing with the class until the game and it's players become more experienced + more guides for people to read come out, then of course they're people that don't care and do whatever they want anyway, which nothing can be done about.

I still had plenty of other skills to use on the class in groups when I stopped using RG. WM to my surprise, was very heavy on micro'ing my skill rotation (especially on bosses) to make sure nothing got loose and having to constantly apply our auto attack buff that I really wish was our normal auto's with the attack bonus +planar debuff. I really hate this AA buff, it's so important to have up but it only lasts a measly 10 sec and tends to glitch out and not apply if you moved before the animation completed.

What is your opinion of warp made so far (pve and pvp aspects)? Compared to mainly frost mage for pve (I heard shadow is not that good for pve).

• @MarcusGraves said:

@Utsa said:

I actually prefer a warp mage in my party over something like a DB or catpaw. No hate for them but I just don't like their pushing skills.
    Melee DB is great though, only though Moonlord DBs are less preferred.

• UtsaUtsa Member

@ExistentialAlpaca said:
    What is your opinion of warp made so far (pve and pvp aspects)? Compared to mainly frost mage for pve (I heard shadow is not that good for pve).

He can be good at both.
    PvE: Better at clearing mobs than killing bosses. Good for party play if you don't piss off your teammates.
    PvP: Annoying as hell to fight against. Positioning your skills is key to winning matches vs other classes being combo oriented. May be a bit harder to go against ranged classes.

• Really nice class review list.

Made me decide on quite a few characters i wanna try out and possibly main like:"Assassin as Duelist and Frost Mage as my Party Monster." when open beta is out.

I'm sure it will help a LOT of new players that don't quite know what each class does yet as well.

Thanks @RyceCream <3

• I wonder what a end-tier class list would look like? Seem like styles changes a lot once hitting level 65.

• @ExistentialAlpaca said:

I had a bigger comment for this earlier but it was eaten by the forums edit system.

Like @Utsa said, AoE good, single target bad which will make your solo runs slower and you desiring a team more than other classes with the trade off being that it's pretty safe to play with teleport, CC and very long range homing auto's.

SM I actually got up 60 and heard the same thing about it not being good at PvE, but I was doing totally fine clearing rooms and bosses with it. Wraith Strike after I put more ranks in it to have a longer duration also turned out to be a funky kind of party damage buff if you're in a more organized group that can hit both the shadow and boss to double the damage output or just hit the shadow cause it's safer and doesn't fight back.

@SirVincent said:
    I actually prefer a warp mage in my party over something like a DB or catpaw. No hate for them but I just don't like their pushing skills.
    Melee DB is great though, only though Moonlord DBs are less preferred.

I can get why for DB, it's like when WM uses reverse grav and lifts things too high, but with DB's it's if they use Phantom Cross mindlessly after the start of a room. Great grouping skill but people need to be careful of using it after a mob has been grouped up and make sure they're pinched against a wall so they don't get pushed away.

• UtsaUtsa Member

@MarcusGraves said:
    I can get why for DB, it's like when WM uses reverse grav and lifts things too high, but with DB's it's if they use Phantom Cross mindlessly after the start of a room. Great grouping skill but people need to be careful of using it after a mob has been grouped up and make sure they're pinched against a wall so they don't get pushed away.

I got so mad at @ImPhat during our early levels cause he was still using that skill... as a zerk... c: ... f- you phat. We were with a WM too, so he had no need to use it LOL.

• +1 since this is pretty accurate for vamp + valk.

• So... i assume this "guide" was created based of either SEA or CB informations? because i dont really feel like the valkyrie is placed totally right (not that its totally wrong either), Sure, the Valkyrie has lots of AoE power, but i would also put her on the Duelist-part. With her Combos (especially if you switch during combos between chain/blade stance) and ultra-break skills you can pretty much pin down alot of bosses so that they cant even attack anymore before they die.

But ok, i've been playing for not even 48 hours yet and im lvl 40 now, so i dont know about endcontent, but sofar the Valkyrie is really easy against (almost) all bosses i encountered sofar... except those that cant be combo'ed due to there shield especially if the shield recovers if you dont Keep hitting the Boss (they are a pain xD)

• Ladies and Gentlemen, who overpovered in PvP (Shadow Mage\Doomblade or another subclass) and can something in PVE? Thanks for answer

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

@M4PJH6PLLF said:
    So... i assume this "guide" was created based of either SEA or CB informations? because i dont really feel like the valkyrie is placed totally right (not that its totally wrong either), Sure, the Valkyrie has lots of AoE power, but i would also put her on the Duelist-part. With her Combos (especially if you switch during combos between chain/blade stance) and ultra-break skills you can pretty much pin down alot of bosses so that they cant even attack anymore before they die.

But ok, i've been playing for not even 48 hours yet and im lvl 40 now, so i dont know about endcontent, but sofar the Valkyrie is really easy against (almost) all bosses i encountered sofar... except those that cant be combo'ed due to there shield especially if the shield recovers if you dont Keep hitting the Boss (they are a pain xD)

All info is from CBT only. Valk's AoE powers are far more apparent than her ability to lock down single mobs.

• 7RHFFK3JHH7RHFFK3JHH Member, KOL

Also... Add Psion into speedster,,,
    She have quick move,, ez to escape, and very flexible Todo hit&run.. and also very versatile as it does mele and range . But so squishy. That why she have ability to run and escape.. I think it's as fast as Kitty's paw or whatever itis

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

so far from truth actually :smile: