We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Closed Beta Wrap-Up and Looking Forward

Comments

• DWJ7TRGK45DWJ7TRGK45 Member
    edited June 2017

I have one question, they will delete all our CBT characters?, if they do, i dont want to play anymore.
    Someone, answer please.

• L3HX5AW54ML3HX5AW54M Member
    edited June 2017

Literally, nobody is going to cry about the price of costumes dropping in OBT. The only person crying about it is an oddity whether or not they're for p2w.

What I do want is - Instead of changing the gold drop rate to 100% at 0RP, set actual selling prices on gear, not just 1g. This will give players the option to either sell items if they're running short on gold, and if not, they'll just salvage them. It gives players options. That's a good thing. Also, earning gold won't be much of a problem IMO, because you earn so much more after you hit level 60. But either way, I'm not complaining. I think the changes to gold drop rate won't really affect people much, since there aren't many items we can trade with gold in the first place.

• @DWJ7TRGK45 said:
    I have one question, they will delete all our CBT characters?, if they do, i dont want to play anymore.
    Someone, answer please.

Everything is going to get wiped with OBT release, sorry to say this but it was known since the start of CBT.

• @DWJ7TRGK45 said:
    Someone, answer please.

Like in every other cbt our characters and progress (Items and so on) will be completely wiped. We get our EMP that we spend back (120% value) and cbt mileage rewards (lvl 15 horns etc.) will be send to us in obt. Closed beta is made to help developers to improve the game, fix bugs and stress test servers in order to release a fully functioning game.

• BalferestBalferest Member
    edited June 2017

The only issue I have is gold. I didn't start doing Hard Mode until 62+. I leveled Solo doing all Insane. I started Beta late. 3 days I just logged in for the check-in reward(Tekken 7 got released lol). I never gt my RP bar Blue once. I Just did every quest and solo insane dungeon. Still managed to hit 65 on the last day. GOLD WAS A HUGE ISSUE! You simply could not get anything. I was still wearing Jelial(?) pieces in my 60s.

Lastly, on the topic of GOLD: _SALVAGE VERSUS SALE NEEDS TO BE A THING._ I get that you guys expect that people will just Farm dungeons but I quested and gold was pretty scarce. Quest Rewards need a bump in Gold and Gear needs to have REAL Gold Values.

• so im done dudes,i wasted my life to lvl 60 and i need to grind it again with LOWER xp rates, WTF?

• @DWJ7TRGK45 said:
    so im done dudes,i wasted my life to lvl 60 and i need to grind it again with LOWER xp rates, WTF?

You just have to do insane mode instead of hard mode and your progress will be the same (I would even recommend it because you get a good Title for 500 purple boss souls). Main goal of the cbt was to test out things not actually playing competitively.

• ExpedExped Member

@DWJ7TRGK45 said:
    so im done dudes,i wasted my life to lvl 60 and i need to grind it again with LOWER xp rates, WTF?

Cry me a river

• WilkyWilky Member

Regarding the XP change from 8x to 6x in hard. Well, I do understand the sentiment that we are not "supposed" to hit max level in 2 days, but don't judge the playerbase because someone went nuts on the game and blasted through.

Instead, Insane should have been buffed imho, the leveling curve for me personally seemed fine as a solo player (with elite status that is) I never had to grind until I hit 64, it was a very smooth and streamlined experience. Now soloplayers will hit certain quest walls alot easier and alot more frequently. I don't think that will be the most pleasant experience.
    Sure, Insane can also be done alone, but it takes more time and potentially your ressurrection stones.
    We will see how things play out, I don't really like that change, seeing as I prefer to play at my own pace rather than in a group when leveling up.

The lack of trading has it's pros and cons.
    The biggest pros in my opinion are:
    It's much harder for 3rd party services to set foot into a game like that, because actively selling gold/items is alot more limited.
    No freeloading. People have to play to get somewhere, I personally prefer that approach (quite similar to how BDO played out)

Cons are:
    Hard for friends to help them out, because you cannot give them starting gear or gold.
    Limits the value of certain items.

If I can have things to be changed then it would be:
    Removal of enhancing items from the cashshop. No hammers, no whetstones, no scrolls. The boosters, fine by me, if someone wants that extra boost, but the other items should be farmable ingame. And by farmable I do not mean dailies, because those puny two hammers you can buy ain't gonna cut it.
    Implement more sources or more reliable sources for farming those items. I don't mean hammers dropping every run, but I ran out of materials very very quickly at the end, and other than the few daily dungeons and daily hammers you can buy, you are left with RNG to get some hammers going.

The min/max prices will help to keep the hammer prices in check, generally though, gold was much less of an issue for me than the other materials.
    I don't want to run around in full +15 gear on day two, but in the current state, the lategame was quite tedious towards the stones and hammers, while I still had a couple of millions lying around unable to use them because my items had no stability left or I ran out of whetstones.

• Good morning, I really would like to know when the OBT will be released? Cuz it would be very tedious to wait a couple of days to start again from 0

• controller support for obt please.

• @donepi1 said:

Good morning, I really would like to know when the OBT will be released? Cuz it would be very tedious to wait a couple of days to start again from 0

With the announced changes eme is going to implement its not a matter of days rather several weeks. But no official obt date has been announced right now so lets be patient and wait for the update.

• @wolfrunner12 said:
    Weather u pay or not for costumes is irrelevant, yes, u can get badges and better perks but you can spend time on game and grind for it, u think this game will stay if no money is made, no good games need people to buy the good stuff. I'm sorry some are upset, but these designers put there time and heart into making this game and if they make no money why make a game.. Think about it people.

they did not make the game,they bought it and modified some stuff and translated to English,its not like they made the game from scrap,so next time just say they need money to keep the game alive,or just say they need money to keep servers alive and pay employees.

• @DWJ7TRGK45 said:
    Someone, answer please.

yes they will lol :)),everything will be lost,and you`l get rewards based on your level cap.

• @DWJ7TRGK45 said:
    Someone, answer please.

This was a beta test.. of course it will be deleted, but why on earth would this prevent you from playing?

• Lv 65 in 2-3 days? Is that even possible? I did all dungeons on hard until my RP hit 0 every day, did all quests along the way and still had to grind all the time. In the end it took me almost 7 days to hit max Lv and about 35h in-game without the Elite Bonus. And that is quite a lot. It took me only about 20h to hit max Lv in the SEA Version. From Lv 50 onward the grinding became really annoying and boring. Especialy the last 5 Lv were a pain in the a** xD And now they want to cut down the Exp for Hard from x8 to x6? This will make the grind even worse. I guess i was playing the game wrong then... It would be better if they would just rise the Exp and Drops for Insane from x8 to x10 or even x12

• @K4NC7XAX33 said:
    Lv 65 in 2-3 days? Is that even possible? I did all dungeons on hard until my RP hit 0 every day, did all quests along the way and still had to grind all the time. In the end it took me almost 7 days to hit max Lv and about 35h in-game without the Elite Bonus. And that is quite a lot. It took me only about 20h to hit max Lv in the SEA Version. From Lv 50 onward the grinding became really annoying and boring. Especialy the last 5 Lv were a pain in the a** xD And now they want to cut down the Exp for Hard from x8 to x6? This will make the grind even worse. I guess i was playing the game wrong then... It would be better if they would just rise the Exp and Drops for Insane from x8 to x10 or even x12

Im registered my account on the 9th and in 2 1/2 days i lvled one character to lvl 65. Something you could have overseen is the 5x 5% exp boost that you get from invader treasure boxes! Particularly for the Endgame these 5 times 5% exp pushed your progress really fast. I also did Insane skyship party and always have someone spamming invaders to use my RP efficiently.

• Oh i see. I didn´t know that, thank you for telling me and the other players cuz this will help a lot in the Open Beta ^^ I have run into invaders while playing but i have never fought them as they can be really brutal at times xD Lv 65 in 2 1/2 days... now that is what i call fast lvling. I will have to look for a faster way to lvl up. Any tips?

• Insane xp should have been increased. Decreasing hard xp will only make the grind harder.

• ShiniDShiniD Member

@5PF73G7N55 said:

@ShiniD said:
    Sad to see this and not sure if you guys have been reading any of the player feedback, no one asked for lower rewards on hard, people were asking for an increase in the really lacking rewards on insane.

Selling hammers for gold also seems like a stupid move as most hammers will be generated by players who spend money, I understand the need for a cash shop, but an item that is mandatory for enhancing should not be sold in the cash shop.

Making progression more time intensive (insane needs more time to clear) makes the grind more exhausting, I like it that way but most people seem to be allergic to grinding so yeah, its part of every MMO and RPG so deal with it or play another genre. Hard work pays off. Doing Insane Solo is possible for every class so bo problem if you find no party atm.
    In comparison with other f2p games its a clever move to offer Hammers for gold, because if you have maxed out gear you wont need hammers (atleast until next content is updated) and can spread it into the auction house, which will be good for nonpaying players, because it´s possible to farm gold even with 0 RP if you´re really Hardcore f2p player (playing with all twinks and then with 0 rp).

In other versions your gear is going to break if you try to enhance your gear above +10, so you have to buy multiple legendary weapons for a few million gold only to fail again! <<<< Now thats real p2w

Right so you are saying it's great that they nerf hard mode and keep insane the same? Rewards on insane are not worth the difficulty, unless you are a hardcore pro gamer insane difficulty is too hard to solo for a huge majority of players and with revives costing real money for the most part you will have to waste RP when you die or spend money to res. Instead of nerfing hard they should have buffed insane, that way it would have been more worth it.

As for hammers being sold for gold, I will say I jumped to conclusion without thinking too much, regardless the hammers you get free ingame are crappy 3-7 and 10 stability hammers, selling those is fine. But any other hammer above that is mostly from the cash shop and events(I hope) so that makes it stupid lol. If I wanted I could sell a bunch of stuff from the cash shop and never need gold again. Not a good idea at all.

• ExpedExped Member

25$ cash hammers are going to be bank for me $$$$. Any other whale agree ?

• @Exped said:
    25$ cash hammers are going to be bank for me $$$$. Any other whale agree ?

Gold for what though? Charms? Gold is not exactly a scarce resource in this game.

• @ShiniD said:
    Right so you are saying it's great that they nerf hard mode and keep insane the same? Rewards on insane are not worth the difficulty, unless you are a hardcore pro gamer insane difficulty is too hard to solo for a huge majority of players and with revives costing real money for the most part you will have to waste RP when you die or spend money to res. Instead of nerfing hard they should have buffed insane, that way it would have been more worth it.

As for hammers being sold for gold, I will say I jumped to conclusion without thinking too much, regardless the hammers you get free ingame are crappy 3-7 and 10 stability hammers, selling those is fine. But any other hammer above that is mostly from the cash shop and events(I hope) so that makes it stupid lol. If I wanted I could sell a bunch of stuff from the cash shop and never need gold again. Not a good idea at all.

Im glad we will be able to party up with other people later on (60-65 Dungeon) particularly to farm invaders, but in early lvls its not really worth it to search for a party (maybe make a duo with a buddy if it gets to hard). But being able to progress faster for risking your life in insane seems legit. If you wasted your res stones look for a party which can help you survive better (without leeching on them). Im not a hardcore pro gamer (some people play this game 4-5 years these people are real vets) good thing is that learning to play this game is quite easy (pve-wise, especially if you played similar games), but to master it seems to take more time and effort. So im looking forward to improve my skills^^

• LostAnxietyLostAnxiety Member
    edited June 2017

Nerfing the EXP gain from 8x to 6x is a huge change.. the people who did manage to cap in two or three days clearly have no life. I got my CBT code this month in June and couldn't even cap my player. Level was 64.. exp bar was 81% full. This just makes me depressed.. I've grinded so hard on the last day and still couldn't cap. I don't understand how people can cap in two or three days..

• 5PF73G7N555PF73G7N55 Member
    edited June 2017

@WAJ3JWYENY said:
    Nerfing the EXP gain from 8x to 6x is a huge change.. the people who did manage to cap in two or three days clearly have no life. I got my CBT code this month in June and couldn't even cap my player. Level was 64.. exp bar was 81% full. This just makes me depressed.. I've grinded so hard on the last day and still couldn't cap. I don't understand how people can cap in two or three days..

Everyone has the same amount of RP (except Elite with +30 RP! thats like 4-5 runs extra) so having no life has nothing to do with lvling one character to lvl 65. If you wanted your whole day playing you had to use the RP of all 4 characters (12 hours for slow people, atleast 8-9 hours for efficient people, if your gear is bad).
    So you spend about 3 hours to use up your whole RP, thats not my definition of having nolife :wink: Dont forget your daily exp boosts (100% drop from invader) which gives 5 times 5% exp each day.

• @5PF73G7N55 said:

@WAJ3JWYENY said:

Everyone has the same amount of RP (except Elite with +30 RP! thats like 4-5 runs extra) so having no life has nothing to do with lvling one character to lvl 65. If you wanted your whole day playing you had to use the RP of all 4 characters (12 hours for slow people, atleast 8-9 hours for efficient people, if your gear is bad).
    So you spend about 3 hours to use up your whole RP, thats not my definition of having nolife :wink: Dont forget your daily exp boosts (100% drop from invader) which gives 5 times 5% exp each day.

I spent more than 3 hours.... was I playing wrong?

edited June 2017

@WAJ3JWYENY said:

@5PF73G7N55 said:

@WAJ3JWYENY said:

It depends if you soloed hard mode for your whole RP you couldnt do it better at cbt and using the 5% xp boost items pushed your progress also. If you have done alot of Insane mode it gave you a little party bonus exp while in party but it takes longer (particularly waiting for members to be rdy).
    Doing quest only if you reached 0 RP and concentrate to make the hardest avaiable dungeon (hard mode) first was key to lvl up fast. Getting purple weapon at lvl 20 for purple boss souls made your progress even faster.

• @5PF73G7N55 said:

@WAJ3JWYENY said:

@5PF73G7N55 said:

@WAJ3JWYENY said:

It depends if you soloed hard mode for your whole RP you couldnt do it better at cbt and using the 5% xp boost items pushed your progress also. If you have done alot of Insane mode it gave you a little party bonus exp while in party but it takes longer (particularly waiting for members to be rdy).
    Doing quest only if you reached 0 RP and concentrate to make the hardest avaiable dungeon (hard mode) first was key to lvl up fast. Getting purple weapon at lvl 20 for purple boss souls made your progress even faster.

I did mainly insane, and there was this one other person with me in a party. We did story quests up until 64 and since we didn't have enough time we decided to do the last dungeon (Sky something o) since it was short and easy and gave a good amount of exp. It took us about 4-5 minutes per run while the other dungeon took 10 minutes. It took me 13 hours grinding non-stop from 54 to 64 and I still couldn't cap. I only needed 19% more exp and I've already defeated like 4 intruders which gave 20% but I already used those boosters. This all happened yesterday since there was this 2x exp bonus going on. I just feel like my time and hard work meant nothing. I was only 10-15 minutes behind and I didn't even take a morning/lunch break. Still pretty mad that I couldn't cap..

edited June 2017

@WAJ3JWYENY said:
    I did mainly insane, and there was this one other person with me in a party. We did story quests up until 64 and since we didn't have enough time we decided to do the last dungeon (Sky something o) since it was short and easy and gave a good amount of exp. It took us about 4-5 minutes per run while the other dungeon took 10 minutes. It took me 13 hours grinding non-stop from 54 to 64 and I still couldn't cap. I only needed 19% more exp and I've already defeated like 4 intruders which gave 20% but I already used those boosters. This all happened yesterday since there was this 2x exp bonus going on. I just feel like my time and hard work meant nothing. I was only 10-15 minutes behind and I didn't even take a morning/lunch break. Still pretty mad that I couldn't cap..

Yeah the exp curve at the end is just horrible, thats why started ignoring quests until i reached 0 RP and just did Insane with 4 people at endgame (just rushing through with good gear player). Otherwise i had to do inner sanctum quests (which takes a long time with bad gear alone) and gave me less exp than skyship. Atleast the weapon skin gives no stats its just fancy stuff to have :wink: