We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Closed Beta Wrap-Up and Looking Forward

Comments

• 5PF73G7N555PF73G7N55 Member
    edited June 2017

@Exped said:
    Me and most of my guild will start with purple costume + purple sigil , 3 purple badges 6 blue badges. Roughly 1.800$. 180,000 EMP. I also know a few people going 9/9 purple badges and purple with purple sigil which is 300k emp

So purple whales incoming!

• ExpedExped Member

@5PF73G7N55 said:

@Exped said:
    Me and most of my guild will start with purple costume + purple sigil , 3 purple badges 6 blue badges. Roughly 1.800$. 180,000 EMP. I also know a few people going 9/9 purple badges and purple with purple sigil which is 300k emp

So purple whales incoming!

We should be 60k CR day 1

• TFoxenTFoxen Member

@Exped said:

lies! :smiley:

• ExpedExped Member

@TFoxen said:

@Exped said:

lies! :smiley:

Well most of got refunded 200k+ EMP, you'll just have to wait and see.

• DaermonikDaermonik Member
    edited June 2017

@Exped said:

Are you sure that you can do that? I think that you cant stack purple badges until you are lvl 65. Even blue ones has a lvl 45 restriction. And white ones lvl 30. I may be wrong tho

• any approximation when the game will be out again?

• ExpedExped Member

@Daermonik said:

@Exped said:

Are you sure that you can do that? I think that you cant stack purple badges until you are lvl 65. Even blue ones has a lvl 45 restriction. And white ones lvl 30. I may be wrong tho

No we know that, was speaking end game. Thank you for reminding me though, converting then waiting would be bad haha.

• Can´t wait for OBT!!! any dates yet? I've heard that June 31st may be it, but I'm not sure

• ExpedExped Member

@NKL5GA5XNG said:
    Can´t wait for OBT!!! any dates yet? I've heard that June 31st may be it, but I'm not sure

I heard that too, June 31st eh. Kappa

• @Exped said:

Thanks for allowing this game to have a future.

• @P396F9PPKX said:
    I want to know is when is going to exit the OBT?

Yeah, I'd like to know when OBT will be up and running too

• @Smoreceror said:

@NKL5GA5XNG said:
    No OBT date yet? I want to play again!!!

@Grievuuz said:
    @Smoreceror "Charms are something else that folks have requested, which you can get by trading Red Mega Boss Souls from Starhenge."

You mean orange kritium, not red mega boss souls, right?

Gah! Yes, you're right :s

I'd like to know also trying to get CN Kritika to work such a pain when I don't understand Chinese

• ExpedExped Member

@Obio said:

@Exped said:

We got you

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

@Exped said:

@Obio said:

@Exped said:

We got you

That's often not how it works though.

People said the same thing about Devilian. That game died a few months in, and I'd hate to see Kritika go belly up as well.

I personally knew a whale that dropped 35.000$ on that game, and knew that there were many others like him, but games only survive if they do F2P properly. If the whales get to sh*t all over the free playerbase, the free playerbase leaves the game, and without the free playerbase, the whales move on. End result is an abandoned game that could have done well.

Cash shop costumes need to not be salvageable, or there has to be a way to endlessly farm something for costume badges (and no, the guard uniform & arenas arent enough), the system we saw in CBT was beyond broken.

Easiest way to fix this would be to straight up let people trade red megaboss souls for badges and/or make them bankable.

Still leaves the whales with a week 1 advantage, but not half a year, also lets EME capitalize on those who wish to spend a bunch on costumes for salvaging, while giving the free playerbase a way to catch up.

• ExpedExped Member

@Grievuuz said:

@Exped said:

@Obio said:

@Exped said:

We got you

People said the same thing about Devilian. That game died a few months in, and I'd hate to see Kritika go belly up as well.

I personally knew a whale that dropped 35.000$ on that game, and knew that there were many others like him, but games only survive if they do F2P properly. If the whales get to sh*t all over the free playerbase, the free playerbase leaves the game, and without the free playerbase, the whales move on. End result is an abandoned game that could have done well.

Cash shop costumes need to not be salvageable, or there has to be a way to endlessly farm something for costume badges (and no, the guard uniform & arenas arent enough), the system we saw in CBT was beyond broken.

Easiest way to fix this would be to straight up let people trade red megaboss souls for badges and/or make them bankable.

Still leaves the whales with a week 1 advantage, but not half a year, also lets EME capitalize on those who wish to spend a bunch on costumes for salvaging, while giving the free playerbase a way to catch up.

I agree

• TFoxenTFoxen Member

So wait until June 31st eh? Didnt June have 30 days? Oh i c what u did there...

• @Exped said:

@Grievuuz said:

@Exped said:

@Obio said:

@Exped said:

We got you

I agree

Agree too, cash shoper shouldnt be able to do what ever they want coz of money, En Masse should put a limit EMP charge or something to control "Balance".
    Be really carefull, it's a very sensitive topic, im really up to see what way you're gpnna choose :blush:

• @LoliSuccubus said:

@Exped said:

@Grievuuz said:

@Exped said:

@Obio said:

@Exped said:

We got you

I agree

Agree too, cash shoper shouldnt be able to do what ever they want coz of money, En Masse should put a limit EMP charge or something to control "Balance".
    Be really carefull, it's a very sensitive topic, im really up to see what way you're gpnna choose :blush:

Limiting the amount of EMP that can be charged is like saying: "Hey lets close the shop earlier today we have enough money for now..." Not going to happen. Would be better to aim for a balance ingame to make things farmable in an appropriate time for non paying players. Time is money.

• CahirCahir Member

@SupremeTentacle said:

@PhoenixShi said:
    Then I'm sure this will be unpopular, but you may want to reduce base XP gains for level 25+ content. When using less than 100 RP per day, no XP bonuses, or doing any extra dungeon runs after level 25, I hit level 65 without having even touched the last dungeon in Xanadu. Usually you should have to at least clear all the content, then likely do some extra dungeon runs on top of it.

Yup, we level way too fast. I actually really agree with the nerfs to hard mode's exp...

people don't have time to keep playing all day long.
    Make us reach the endgame faster, then we can grind a casual 2 hours a day (purple RP) and tryhards can just level alts and farm there.

• With proper gear, Insane is very solo-able. I feel like there should be an even high difficulty that's specifically made for 4-man parties and cannot be accessed outside that.

• ShindyShindy Member

i got my refund got 25k emp also open beta incoming?

• edited June 2017

WOAH I totally agree with this
    We need a queue option for dungeons

There was one, or something like it in fact. However there was no UI button I saw to access it. You needed to hit ] to open up the party menu or the LFG menu, whatever you would prefer to call it.

Oh, to that note, to any devs reading this, please do include a button for that on the UI. That will help players find and join groups faster :)

• @SupremeTentacle said:

@PhoenixShi said:
    Then I'm sure this will be unpopular, but you may want to reduce base XP gains for level 25+ content. When using less than 100 RP per day, no XP bonuses, or doing any extra dungeon runs after level 25, I hit level 65 without having even touched the last dungeon in Xanadu. Usually you should have to at least clear all the content, then likely do some extra dungeon runs on top of it.

Yup, we level way too fast. I actually really agree with the nerfs to hard mode's exp...

I honestly think the leveling rate was not too bad in this game. The issue was the grind. Whoever made it should have included more stages instead of just forcing us to run the same stage 3, 4, 5, and even 6 times in a row. Lowering the exp gain forces you to run them even MORE, and that is bad for player retention, but perhaps will help with grouping up to speed past "the horrible parts" of the game

Keep in mind tho that the level speed is "per character". Almost all of us want more then a single character to play with in the game, so that is weeks and weeks worth of time invested. Assuming you have all your alts to max level, is that the end? No, because then you can run daily's on each alt, arena on each alt, and what not. With just 4 alts at lv65, thats a good 4+ hour investment each day. Thats a good amount of time. The same stages will get annoying, sure. but at the same time it will help prevent burnout - a factor that must be considered with balance changes.

• Honestly, the only way to prevent super spending on day 1 is to have a daily limit on hot items that provide mega bonuses - such as costume set boxes. At the same time tho, this is a game that rewards you for spending kreds in the shop, so perhaps a daily limit on Kred conversion instead?

• @EMT3J99EJH
    Just play on insane, it doesn't take much longer to complete and was always better given that it gives red mega boss souls.... There was no reason for hard to be that rewarding; you shouldn't have been able to completely bypass any and all level grind by playing the game on hard mode with purple RP every day for like four days.

• We want trading! and 1 of u whales buy me a sick pc <3

• UtsaUtsa Member
    edited June 2017

@5PF73G7N55 said:
    Limiting the amount of EMP that can be charged is like saying: "Hey lets close the shop earlier today we have enough money for now..." Not going to happen. Would be better to aim for a balance ingame to make things farmable in an appropriate time for non paying players. Time is money.

Kukukukuku... Don't know if you've played Revelation but the whaling got so bad they had to put a 1 purchase a day limit for premium currency.

@Grievuuz said:
    @Utsa The raw badge stats (120 purple badges) are 4x higher than what non-paying or low-paying players will have to begin with, which is like +24% crit damage, +200 crit rate, +4000 attack, +5% attack speed etc. outside of the set bonuses, which are very, very good, I dont remember what the 9/9 set bonus was, but it was really good.

On top of that there are the purple costumes + sigils which also have significantly higher stats.

There are a very, very big difference between the whales and low paying playerbase, especially since they will earn a top spot on the Arena (PvE) scoreboard the first weeks, which will give them wings that in turn provides them with even higher stats like +10% boss damage and 1k attack.

low paying players will catch up for sure, but it'll take months, maybe even half a year.

the P2W aspect of the costume badges will ruin competitive PvE for a long time - if there were no scoreboards, we wouldn't be complaining, but seeing how theres character progress (you win badges based on your weekly arena rank + potential wings if high enough), and the competitive aspect involved, it has a high impact on a lot of the playerbase.

It's fine if you don't feel it impairs you personally, but you can't speak for everyone.

I specified that it doesn't impair people's game play directly, but I can't speak for everyone's emotional distraught that such thing exists.

Since En Masse has already done so well to minimize the P2W aspect of this game in comparison to other versions, I would say not to expect the OP costumes to last a very long time with increased feedback on changing it. I also wouldn't expect them to even be there as OBT rolls out, as anything can change between CBT and OBT. Even if they have not mentioned anything about it, it would suck for players to drop that much money on their costumes and then have their stats and benefits changed. It is OBT, so buyer beware.

I also don't really know the exact stats for badges/costumes/sigils because our version is already different from others. Other versions never used badges as a stat item. So I have not confirmed if the grade of your costume affects any stats besides grade of sigil and set bonus. Badges, I have no idea.

• ExpedExped Member

En masse where ?

• Dammit finally get the game to work and beta is closed fml

• I really want to play this game. Why taking so long to OBT?