Troubleshooting Launcher and Connection Issues
This post was written by Geletron, our Technical Producer.
I have seen questions on the forums on launcher error messages and connection error messages so I'm writing a post that will tell you what those error messages mean and how you can troubleshoot them. I will add information about additional error codes as needed.
C0007 - Problem starting the launcher. This error typically shows up before you see the log in screen and usually means there was a problem updating the launcher to the current version. You can resolve this issue by downloading the installer from the game download page and running it. The installer will detect your current installation and repair the files.
C0009 - Game client unexpectedly quit with an unknown error code. This error typically shows up after clicking the Play button and before the game finishes launching. We are working with the developers so we can get better information on why some users see this error message. We advise running the "Repair Tool" from the launcher to make sure your client files have been patched to the latest version.
Connecting to Server Error - There are several reasons why you may be getting this error. You may not have the latest game client files, there may be some network trouble that is preventing the game client from communicating with our servers, or the servers may be down for maintenance (please check our web site for maintenance announcements). You can try running the "Repair Tool" from the launcher to make sure your game client files have been patched to the latest version. If that doesn't solve the problem, you can try running the "EMEDiag.exe" file that is located inside the same directory as your launcher. That utility gathers information about your computer, runs some network checks, and saves the results to a text file on your desktop named "EME-Diagnostic.txt". We recommend that you attach this file when submitting a support ticket.
Our general advice to troubleshooting all launcher problems is the following:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of the launcher. You can get the latest version by rerunning the installer.
- The patcher can't recognize modded files. If you have attempted any mods and are experiencing issues connecting to Kritika, right-click the Kritika shortcut on your desktop and select "Open File Location." Find a file called "game.version" and delete it. Re-start your launcher and the launcher will re-download the latest patch.
- Try running the launcher as an administrator by right clicking on the shortcut and selecting the "Run as Administrator" option.
- Try temporarily disabling virus protection software.
- If you are running Windows Defender, make sure you add an exception for your launcher folder
- Once you are able to log in to the launcher, try running the "Repair Tool" from the game options drop down menu to make sure your game client files are patched to the latest version.
If the above steps do not work for you, we recommend that you submit a support ticket with the following information:
3. What error message are you getting?
4. When do you get the error message (e.g. after the launcher starts, when trying to log in, after Xigncode or Gameguard loads, etc.)?
5. What operating system are you using?
It is also helpful if you can upload the "EME-Diagnostic.txt" file and any screen shots you took with your ticket.