We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Shadow Mage Skill Build

I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing some ideas about which awakenings to take and where to put spare skill points. Right now I'm still trying to figure out the best build I want to use but I'd like to hear some other opinions :)

Comments

  • Well you should primary focus on Specter [EX] means you also max Specter Awakening first. As far as i know i have to pass quite a lot of skills because the higher lv. skills need a lot of SP. Thats my actual build: http://imgur.com/a/lHJ6d

  • DuskyDudeDuskyDude Member
    edited July 2017

    Yeah about specter i agree for sure. One thing to your build tho, why would you not take wraith strike? it's a great way to stun the boss and deal additional dmg to him so i think you should reconsider taking that probably. in my rotations it's pretty essential. and on the awakenings it gets 100% more dmg if you max it.

  • H4TFK55D6JH4TFK55D6J Member
    edited July 2017

    Yes its a good skill that you can only use effective against the boss. The problem is that you have to give up 1 more skill = less dps if you wanna take wraith strike. I think the skills i have at the moment are all necessary. Anyway if i reach max Level i will definitely go on wraith strike but i dont think that its better early on considered the fact of dps. However i test my build a lot and now i stick with that one: http://imgur.com/a/9WALD Seems actually pretty solid

  • MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Member
    edited July 2017

    @H4TFK55D6J said:
    Yes its a good skill that you can only use effective against the boss. The problem is that you have to give up 1 more skill = less dps if you wanna take wraith strike. I think the skills i have at the moment are all necessary. Anyway if i reach max Level i will definitely go on wraith strike but i dont think that its better early on considered the fact of dps. However i test my build a lot and now i stick with that one: http://imgur.com/a/9WALD Seems actually pretty solid

    You really should get 1 rank of Wraith Strike for the ultra break alone because it's 1 of SM's only 4 ultra breaks (specter + specter EX + Hidden Strike EX), not wanting to rank it early is fine because the duration is really short until later, but once you get the duration to a decent amount you can unleash explosive damage by hitting the boss and the shadow at the same time with something like Mire + EX gun fu (stupid huge, room wide AOE).

    -Don't put points into Shadow Smash, it's garbage because it's low damage and unreliable to proc when you need it, Umbric Double is also not worth it atm because it appears to be buggy and only occurring with Upshot and not any of the other skills listed in description, I don't trust anything about it right now.

    -Shadow Fist is a decent utility skill at 1 rank for few reasons, it stops movement which helps you keep something under control to continue laying into it, it's another grouping skill like Dark Talons/Shadow Surge and it's actual width is little deceptive because it's the size of the claw coming out, not the arm, so it's hitbox is much wider than it appears. The last reason is that it helps round out your Shadow's combo's to make sure it's always doing something at the same time as you which helps keep your DPS up.

    -Shadow Scourge (AKA the flying fuzzies), uhh... I think you either love or hate this skill for what it does. While it's damage is low, it has stupid long range, homing effect, and can keep an enemy suspended in the air longer. It also has this funky effect some other skills in the game have where because it's multi-hit and hits so fast that you can actually see a boss start to slow down for few seconds during all the hits, it's really weird but turns it into another pseudo CC skill.

    The only awakening skill I want to comment on atm is Dark Talon's because I don't think I could say enough nice thing about how awesome of a boost it is once you get it.

  • @MarcusGraves said:

    -Don't put points into Shadow Smash, it's garbage because it's low damage and unreliable to proc when you need it, Umbric Double is also not worth it atm because it appears to be buggy and only occurring with Upshot and not any of the other skills listed in description, I don't trust anything about it right now.

    -Shadow Fist is a decent utility skill at 1 rank for few reasons, it stops movement which helps you keep something under control to continue laying into it, it's another grouping skill like Dark Talons/Shadow Surge and it's actual width is little deceptive because it's the size of the claw coming out, not the arm, so it's hitbox is much wider than it appears. The last reason is that it helps round out your Shadow's combo's to make sure it's always doing something at the same time as you which helps keep your DPS up.

    Somehow i misunderstood the part about Shadow Smash. Definitely gonna change it.

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    @MarcusGraves said:

    @H4TFK55D6J said:
    Yes its a good skill that you can only use effective against the boss. The problem is that you have to give up 1 more skill = less dps if you wanna take wraith strike. I think the skills i have at the moment are all necessary. Anyway if i reach max Level i will definitely go on wraith strike but i dont think that its better early on considered the fact of dps. However i test my build a lot and now i stick with that one: http://imgur.com/a/9WALD Seems actually pretty solid


    You really should get 1 rank of Wraith Strike for the ultra break alone because it's 1 of SM's only 4 ultra breaks (specter + specter EX + Hidden Strike EX), not wanting to rank it early is fine because the duration is really short until later, but once you get the duration to a decent amount you can unleash explosive damage by hitting the boss and the shadow at the same time with something like Mire + EX gun fu (stupid huge, room wide AOE).

    -Don't put points into Shadow Smash, it's garbage because it's low damage and unreliable to proc when you need it, Umbric Double is also not worth it atm because it appears to be buggy and only occurring with Upshot and not any of the other skills listed in description, I don't trust anything about it right now.

    -Shadow Fist is a decent utility skill at 1 rank for few reasons, it stops movement which helps you keep something under control to continue laying into it, it's another grouping skill like Dark Talons/Shadow Surge and it's actual width is little deceptive because it's the size of the claw coming out, not the arm, so it's hitbox is much wider than it appears. The last reason is that it helps round out your Shadow's combo's to make sure it's always doing something at the same time as you which helps keep your DPS up.

    -Shadow Scourge (AKA the flying fuzzies), uhh... I think you either love or hate this skill for what it does. While it's damage is low, it has stupid long range, homing effect, and can keep an enemy suspended in the air longer. It also has this funky effect some other skills in the game have where because it's multi-hit and hits so fast that you can actually see a boss start to slow down for few seconds during all the hits, it's really weird but turns it into another pseudo CC skill.

    The only awakening skill I want to comment on atm is Dark Talon's because I don't think I could say enough nice thing about how awesome of a boost it is once you get it.

    I'd like to see your skill build, can you screen it? There's no guides for shadow mage at all.

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    Btw guys, if anyone can answer, do I need dark weapon damage charm on shadow mage? Almost all of his skills are dark element by themselves, does dark weapon damage increase actual damage output? Or can I probably take second element?

  • xManiNekoxManiNeko Member ✭✭✭

    Never take 2 elements it's useless for your damage output (50% or 100% damage increase). And yes you need, Alteo skills (the ones with the shadow) are dark attributed, but all gun skills are non-elemental. So you need a dark conversion charm to change the gun skills (Gun fu, ShadowBolt, Rapid Fire etc) into a dark element.

  • @DuskyDude said:
    I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing some ideas about which awakenings to take and where to put spare skill points. Right now I'm still trying to figure out the best build I want to use but I'd like to hear some other opinions :)

    I don't play sm but if u wanna be useful in party gotta have that wraith strike bound. In fractured memories wraithstrike is worth like 2x average dps and 2000x average wolf guardians combined.

  • @MarcusGraves said:

    @H4TFK55D6J said:
    Yes its a good skill that you can only use effective against the boss. The problem is that you have to give up 1 more skill = less dps if you wanna take wraith strike. I think the skills i have at the moment are all necessary. Anyway if i reach max Level i will definitely go on wraith strike but i dont think that its better early on considered the fact of dps. However i test my build a lot and now i stick with that one: http://imgur.com/a/9WALD Seems actually pretty solid


    You really should get 1 rank of Wraith Strike for the ultra break alone because it's 1 of SM's only 4 ultra breaks (specter + specter EX + Hidden Strike EX), not wanting to rank it early is fine because the duration is really short until later, but once you get the duration to a decent amount you can unleash explosive damage by hitting the boss and the shadow at the same time with something like Mire + EX gun fu (stupid huge, room wide AOE).

    -Don't put points into Shadow Smash, it's garbage because it's low damage and unreliable to proc when you need it, Umbric Double is also not worth it atm because it appears to be buggy and only occurring with Upshot and not any of the other skills listed in description, I don't trust anything about it right now.

    -Shadow Fist is a decent utility skill at 1 rank for few reasons, it stops movement which helps you keep something under control to continue laying into it, it's another grouping skill like Dark Talons/Shadow Surge and it's actual width is little deceptive because it's the size of the claw coming out, not the arm, so it's hitbox is much wider than it appears. The last reason is that it helps round out your Shadow's combo's to make sure it's always doing something at the same time as you which helps keep your DPS up.

    -Shadow Scourge (AKA the flying fuzzies), uhh... I think you either love or hate this skill for what it does. While it's damage is low, it has stupid long range, homing effect, and can keep an enemy suspended in the air longer. It also has this funky effect some other skills in the game have where because it's multi-hit and hits so fast that you can actually see a boss start to slow down for few seconds during all the hits, it's really weird but turns it into another pseudo CC skill.

    The only awakening skill I want to comment on atm is Dark Talon's because I don't think I could say enough nice thing about how awesome of a boost it is once you get it.

    As I said before I don't play sm but I did read this post at an earlier time maybe this will clear things up about shadowsmash and umbric double https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/3855/the-truth-about-umbric-double

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    @xManiNeko said:
    Never take 2 elements it's useless for your damage output (50% or 100% damage increase). And yes you need, Alteo skills (the ones with the shadow) are dark attributed, but all gun skills are non-elemental. So you need a dark conversion charm to change the gun skills (Gun fu, ShadowBolt, Rapid Fire etc) into a dark element.

    OMG DUDE Greets to you, I'm Vallutaja, cat main, we did st together couple days ago xD 300k cr sm, ty, I trust your advice. Just didn't expect to meet you here, so cool <3

  • xManiNekoxManiNeko Member ✭✭✭

    Ah yeah I remember you XD I am actually quite active on the forum XD If you need any information regarding SM you can ask me~

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭
    edited November 2017

    I'd like to see your skill build if you might want to share. Not sure what skills should I use and which I don't even want to put sp in. Like rapid fire seems pretty much expendable, not much damage, no special properties, no ultra or ub, and on the top of it doesn't allow your to move for the duration, so I decided not to use it at all. Wraith strike seems to be one of the strongest abilities, am I right that I'm maxing it, and put awakening points into it? It gives +100% attack power just for two awakening points. What about upshot and shadowlunge? they are low cd, and used often, so I probably want to put points into it, even though damage isn't highest, but not sure.

  • @knight6 said:

    @DuskyDude said:
    I was wondering if anyone would mind sharing some ideas about which awakenings to take and where to put spare skill points. Right now I'm still trying to figure out the best build I want to use but I'd like to hear some other opinions :)

    I don't play sm but if u wanna be useful in party gotta have that wraith strike bound. In fractured memories wraithstrike is worth like 2x average dps and 2000x average wolf guardians combined.

    thanks but I figured out my own build ages ago and know enough about my class by now xD Made this post when the game came out kinda.

Sign In or Register to comment.