We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

End of July Update, Starhenge Gear Explanation, and Designers Intent

Comments

• I honestly wouldn't mind if trading is completely removed, solves the issue of bots, real money traders and cheaters. You can create in game ways to get kred, like exchanging in game currency for kred or they could be rare drops. I don't think i had any fun with trading, i just use it to buy extra hammers mostly.

Rest points should be removed, increase devotion rewards to compensate those who leveled alts.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@noctred said:

The last time I played DFO people were just as salty about the (paywalled) RNG hell grind as people are salty about what's happening here. Maybe something has changed there in the last year or two but to my memory the hell grind was always bullshit. People most definitely had a problem with it - constant complaints about drop variance and the endless suffering that was OV and Grandine. Even Korea knew it was bullshit because they kept tweaking it on KDnF.

Don't mistake doing something because you have no other choice with doing something because it's actually worthwhile and/or enjoyable. I'll grind for as long as it takes because that's all this game is - I wouldn't be playing it if I wasn't willing to grind. But there are different ways to implement this kind of grind, particularly in games with competitive speed running aspects involved.

Full on RNG with no failsafe mechanism isn't the way to go. Even DFO came to that realization eventually.

I'm glad you're not full of crap and are actually providing a discussion instead of instantly flaming like some other people trying to give "feedback" on this forum. Yeah that was quite some time ago, now pretty much everything that isn't epic armor sets are guaranteed after some time, but armor sets are still the same hell grind as always has been and they're pretty much a necessity to run the latest end-game content. Basically it's exactly the same as what they seem to be planning to do with this next patch with a couple of major differences. Unlike DFO, we don't have any raid-type content (let alone anything remotely hard enough) to bother grinding the full RNG-locked BiS gear for, so even having this new tier of gear with the current content is pretty useless when speed runs are already about as easy as it gets with current gear. The other difference is that you would normally expect to get at least one random epic, if not a handful at best, from running a full fatigue bar worth of hell runs even if every single piece was trash. I agree that at the least, drop rates should be adjusted for current tier of Starhenge legendary drops since there's little to no expectation to get even a single drop on any day's worth of RP. I'm still okay with the absolute best/optimal of gear to be fully RNG-locked even with abysmal rates since I do believe the rarity of this kind of gear is what makes having RNG loot more exciting and meaningful when you actually do find one, and also that this kind of gear shouldn't be easily obtainable by just anyone. The way the current end-game is, I feel it should be closer to how the old OV grind was like since we don't even have any harder content to use the gear on. At this point I'm just tired and I don't even remember where I was going with this discussion anymore, but in general I really think it's better to just wait for new patch details to be released and tested by the players for a while first before getting upset about anything or questioning their decisions. You normally don't see patch changes being recalled immediately (especially before it's even been released) anyway, so I don't see much point in getting upset over changes we haven't even tried/seen in detail yet. If the changes really do turn out to be terrible after we've experienced it, then it's fair to start giving feedback.

• I think the new tier of gear should just have more required mats or a new material in order to craft it if we're trying to eliminate RNG or minimize it. I agree that completely RNG is a terrible thing. I think it needs to be reasonable. If not reasonable in terms of crafting, at least have it drop at rates that are actually possible to find for more than just a few players. if anything else, please make the current gear easier to find if the new gear is completely RNG. at least increase the drop rate of current gear or current gear materials in order to leviate that. It's a little unreasonable to keep current gear drop rate and also add a new type of gear that's EVEN lower of a drop rate. That's like making a penny that's one fourth the size and worth of a penny.

Aside from that, we probably need to have patches for quality of life sooner than later such as turning in quests from inside the dungeon or the merging gems system. Imprints would also be nice since they change characters by such a large margin. There's a lot of things that would make the game much more enjoyable.

• To people talking about DFO - Yeah 1000 Epic fragments with 0-1 fragment drop per Hell mode run and 1.5 a year grind for your Savior weapon with Anton souls if your arent a super lucker is a nice fail safe. I guess, you have not really played DFO in a while or seriously delved into DFOs Endgame.

• what about pvp ? any quickmatch mode? or rating climbing? that would be awsome..now most of the people play 3 matches of the day and thats it..we want more ppl to play pvp...maybe balance and make the stats fixed in pvp instance so the gear doesnt matter to be fair. i just want to see more stuff about pvp

• Sn4kySn4ky Member

I'm still unable to get all main and side quests.

• nyxonnyxon Member

I dont get why people are complaining about the kred....i dont see how having Kred makes the game a pay-to-win....i mean most (actually all I think) of the necessary items that you need for dungeons,crafting, pvp, character design(costumes) are all attainable without spending any actual money (EMP)... the only difference that i see is of course spending EMP will help you acquire these items much quicker whereas not spending any money will require a FAIR BIT of effort. but that is the perks of using EMP of course....if you take this perks out for spending EMP and make pretty much everything for free....whats the point of having this EMP then lmao....plus the company need to earn money ...how else will they be able run a MMO....

frankly....this is one of the few mmorpg that I played that isnt FULL ON PAY-TO-WIN where free-users can actually compete paid-users unlike most mmorpgs these days... (particularly the ones that are in SEA...Jesus f*** lmao)

• Confused... isn't the next tier of gear from the new Pirate areas? You say new starhenge gear will be added, so does that mean instead of releasing the new pirate areas yet you'll just add new gear into the already faceroll-difficulty starhenge dungeons? Most people are already done with title quests and simply farming belladonna already, soloing the place in 1-2 mins. :open_mouth:

• @nyxon said:
    I dont get why people are complaining about the kred....i dont see how having Kred makes the game a pay-to-win....i mean most (actually all I think) of the necessary items that you need for dungeons,crafting, pvp, character design(costumes) are all attainable without spending any actual money (EMP)... the only difference that i see is of course spending EMP will help you acquire these items much quicker whereas not spending any money will require a FAIR BIT of effort. but that is the perks of using EMP of course....if you take this perks out for spending EMP and make pretty much everything for free....whats the point of having this EMP then lmao....plus the company need to earn money ...how else will they be able run a MMO....

frankly....this is one of the few mmorpg that I played that isnt FULL ON PAY-TO-WIN where free-users can actually compete paid-users unlike most mmorpgs these days... (particularly the ones that are in SEA...Jesus f*** lmao)

The first issue with Kred is that there is no realistic means for free players to obtain it. Yes, a free player can post an item on the AH for Kred but that doesn't mean it will sell. This issue will likely be the downfall of this game. Too many things can ONLY be sold for Kred and the only reliable way to obtain that is to pay. Atm, we get 1k per level 65 character we make but how long will that last? How many people are doing that just to buy the bundles? How many people will still have Kred the coming months when the whales move on to another game?

The second issue with Kred is that it does provide an advantage. This advantage comes from the Arena. The players who built up Badges from dismantling costumes got higher CP which allowed them to get more for their runs in the Arena which in turn allowed them to scale up faster. This is a snowball effect that has allowed them to easily take the top spots and, as Carth said, once someone has the top spot it is hard to take it from them. Not only do they get 600 badges a week for holding their spot but they get significantly better wings than those who did not place in the top 3. The current top players are all either Founders or Whales.

The third issue spawns from the second. It is slowly creating a toxic community. If you haven't noticed a lot of people are now hiding their character sheet. This is because people are now judging others by their CR and if you don't meet their expectations expect the boot or to be ignored. It's not too bad atm but this is normally how things get started. As long as it doesn't get out of hand like B&S then i'm alright. Let's hope it doesn't get to that.

Now to address your:
    "if you take this perks out for spending EMP and make pretty much everything for free....whats the point of having this EMP then lmao....plus the company need to earn money ...how else will they be able run a MMO"

Well, by that logic, how is PoE, a free to play game with multiple FREE expansions, still running? No, not only running but thriving. PoE is a shining example of how F2P games, even MMOs, don't have to have paid for advantages and can instead have cosmetics/storage space when the content is good and the devs are dedicated.

• nyxonnyxon Member

@shinigamiscall said:

@nyxon said:

The first issue with Kred is that there is no realistic means for free players to obtain it. Yes, a free player can post an item on the AH for Kred but that doesn't mean it will sell. This issue will likely be the downfall of this game. Too many things can ONLY be sold for Kred and the only reliable way to obtain that is to pay. Atm, we get 1k per level 65 character we make but how long will that last? How many people are doing that just to buy the bundles? How many people will still have Kred the coming months when the whales move on to another game?

The second issue with Kred is that it does provide an advantage. This advantage comes from the Arena. The players who built up Badges from dismantling costumes got higher CP which allowed them to get more for their runs in the Arena which in turn allowed them to scale up faster. This is a snowball effect that has allowed them to easily take the top spots and, as Carth said, once someone has the top spot it is hard to take it from them. Not only do they get 600 badges a week for holding their spot but they get significantly better wings than those who did not place in the top 3. The current top players are all either Founders or Whales.

The third issue spawns from the second. It is slowly creating a toxic community. If you haven't noticed a lot of people are now hiding their character sheet. This is because people are now judging others by their CR and if you don't meet their expectations expect the boot or to be ignored. It's not too bad atm but this is normally how things get started. As long as it doesn't get out of hand like B&S then i'm alright. Let's hope it doesn't get to that.

Now to address your:
    "if you take this perks out for spending EMP and make pretty much everything for free....whats the point of having this EMP then lmao....plus the company need to earn money ...how else will they be able run a MMO"

Well, by that logic, how is PoE, a free to play game with multiple FREE expansions, still running? No, not only running but thriving. PoE is a shining example of how F2P games, even MMOs, don't have to have paid for advantages and can instead have cosmetics/storage space when the content is good and the devs are dedicated.

I see....fair point....(my opinions probably differ as i mainly used to play mmorpg from SEA and the majority of mmorpg from SEA are extremely Pay-to-win)

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

@Nylonbeat said:
    Confused... isn't the next tier of gear from the new Pirate areas? You say new starhenge gear will be added, so does that mean instead of releasing the new pirate areas yet you'll just add new gear into the already faceroll-difficulty starhenge dungeons? Most people are already done with title quests and simply farming belladonna already, soloing the place in 1-2 mins. :open_mouth:

O.O lol what pirate place are you talking about? there isnt such thing as 1 dungeons which at lv 70 there is one dungeon missing from starhenge its harder then all those 4 and it has a 3 piece set boots helmet and a weapon

• DAOWAceDAOWAce Member
    edited July 2017

@Smoreceror said:
    Please Note: The "100% guarantee" for medium-tier gear is guaranteed based off average play from between 10-30 days.

We believe that collecting gear is one of the best parts of an RPG.

EME or Allm need to look at Diablo then, because Kritika's way of obtaining gear is so horrifically RNG grind based that you can hit cap without getting a single legendary drop, and if you do, it can be for a different class. Getting gear drops at endgame? What gear? Nobody I know has had anything drop, including people who have all the starhenge titles completed.

This is where the game fails hard.

The Auction House is getting updated at the end of July. In-fact most items from the EMP Store will be available to sell on the Auction House for gold.

Kred is a unique currency in the En Masse version of Kritika Online. It was designed specifically for us to help prevent the game from becoming “pay-to-win,”

I don't even have words for this.

EME has missed the mark by such a huge margin that they're not even in the same universe anymore.

Will customer support refund my unused EMP? Because I don't want to support nor play the game anymore.

• when will the server be up again? :>

• as long the game will be still fair as today in the future for free players and paying players, iam probalbly fine with the current system.
    btw. will you include more payment systems in the future like paysavecard?

• at first i felt this game was very pay to win, but the more i check the patch notes and lay the game, the less pay to win it feels, im loving the direction this is going in, catering to both paying players and free players, while still leaving room to make money for the company and support what looks like a promising game. keep up the good work!

• Soooo, is Monk coming end of july ? I'm bored can't find my playstyle actually :(

@FLAWFHMM5A said:
    Soooo, is Monk coming end of july ? I'm bored can't find my playstyle actually :(

You will have to wait for monk for a loong time we will get eclair first then lolis and then Monk

• FLAWFHMM5AFLAWFHMM5A Member
    edited July 2017

@Natorious said:

@FLAWFHMM5A said:
    Soooo, is Monk coming end of july ? I'm bored can't find my playstyle actually :(

You will have to wait for monk for a loong time we will get eclair first then lolis and then Monk

Well I don't know since we got Loli and Monk game files but there isn't Eclair actually and some people are talking about this so xD

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@HXKLGAY5J7 said:
    To people talking about DFO - Yeah 1000 Epic fragments with 0-1 fragment drop per Hell mode run and 1.5 a year grind for your Savior weapon with Anton souls if your arent a super lucker is a nice fail safe. I guess, you have not really played DFO in a while or seriously delved into DFOs Endgame.

I've played it recently post-90 expansion, never bothered with the raid though because it was just too much and the grind got boring after reaching a certain point. I think the point is that at least it has a fail safe even if it's terrible. In this case, there isn't one at all. But as I said in my previous post I'm personally okay with it for the current content we have, but there should probably be one later down the road depending on what kind of content we get.

@FLAWFHMM5A said:

@Natorious said:

@FLAWFHMM5A said:

Well I don't know since we got Loli and Monk game files but there isn't Eclair actually and some people are talking about this so xD

Eclair is in the game files look for sidecharacter 1 and also her skills videos are also there if you interested in some of her skills or others unreleased ones go kritika/Resource/applemain/UI2/movie/skill you can play em with VLC player blade dance for example :)

• Haven't played since closed beta, but how does cash shop items for gold make sense when ingame items can only be sold for KRED? This entire system is just dumb. Nice to know that you can seemingly outright buy the medium tier gear with real money, that alone pretty much kills any drive I might've had to take part in this train wreck.

• @Smoreceror thanks, the only thing made me sade, is the fact you guys had to "draw" all those thing, because players could not understand these simples things.

On CBT, first time i saw KRED i was like "OMG freaking P2W game, don't know if i will play" .... got at end game, and then i learnd how to earn my own kred, and turns out that is a pretty good system, and now with those changes, will be EVEN more better, so thanks guys keep the good work!!!

the only think i'm a little afraid, is the "priece-range" on AH, on the paper looks really great, shall we see how will work outside that.

• are green and above badges gonnna be tradeable? i dont see it in your post

• ElysuuElysuu Member
    edited July 2017

@Hastrer said:
    @Smoreceror thanks, the only thing made me sade, is the fact you guys had to "draw" all those thing, because players could not understand these simples things.

On CBT, first time i saw KRED i was like "OMG freaking P2W game, don't know if i will play" .... got at end game, and then i learnd how to earn my own kred, and turns out that is a pretty good system, and now with those changes, will be EVEN more better, so thanks guys keep the good work!!!

the only think i'm a little afraid, is the "priece-range" on AH, on the paper looks really great, shall we see how will work outside that.

The price range means the developers are basically controlling the market instead of the players. They will set a minimum and maximum price that is allowed for any item listing which guarantees players can't do things like buy low/sell high and will also cripple the exchange between players and gold/Kred bot services. This is the same system used in BDO (except BDO is only gold) and it seems to work great over there. It depends on what prices they set items to though, but they said they will be adjusting it over time to see what works best.

• NikzNikz Member

Is the new gear same tier as SH?

@Nikz said:
    Is the new gear same tier as SH?

should be a tier higher if i remember right from other versions and its also not a full set of gear just a weapon boots and a helmet

• people seem to have forgotten what hardcore means. THANKS DEVS MUCH APPRECIATED. looking forward to the content. your decisions so far have been awesome!

• @Elysuu said:

@Hastrer said:
    @Smoreceror thanks, the only thing made me sade, is the fact you guys had to "draw" all those thing, because players could not understand these simples things.

The price range means the developers are basically controlling the market instead of the players. They will set a minimum and maximum price that is allowed for any item listing which guarantees players can't do things like buy low/sell high and will also cripple the exchange between players and gold/Kred bot services. This is the same system used in BDO (except BDO is only gold) and it seems to work great over there. It depends on what prices they set items to though, but they said they will be adjusting it over time to see what works best.

this also means the market cant crash when gold becomes something everyone has. as with all games the longer it goes on the worse the AH gets. things either get too expensive or too cheap every. single.time. this will solve that problem entirely.

• NikzNikz Member

Can someone confirm if they made a statement about the new gear being a tier higher than SH?

• EtliaEtlia Member

Honestly, I'm just kind of bored at this point. There isn't much to do.

I have the problem only <.1% of the playerbase has.

Yeah, it's my fault that I wanted to keep up and surpass the paying players by playing 4-5 alts and burning all of their RP in Starhenge every day and being able to craft 4-5 pieces of gear every few days.

I just want some more stuff to come out soon. I'm not complaining on behalf of anyone else, it's just a problem my group is experiencing.