We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

End of July Update, Starhenge Gear Explanation, and Designers Intent

13»

Comments

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Etlia said:
    Honestly, I'm just kind of bored at this point. There isn't much to do.

I have the problem only <.1% of the playerbase has.

Yeah, it's my fault that I wanted to keep up and surpass the paying players by playing 4-5 alts and burning all of their RP in Starhenge every day and being able to craft 4-5 pieces of gear every few days.

I just want some more stuff to come out soon. I'm not complaining on behalf of anyone else, it's just a problem my group is experiencing.

This is why we have an RP system. People get burned out quickly. But yeah, I didn't even play as much as you yet and I can't even be bothered to do anything solo after I finish my main character's dailies in an hour or less. Grinding Starhenge for fragments doesn't even feel rewarding because they aren't even guaranteed and you still need so many for one full keystone. Also the Starhenge legendary drop rate is just abysmal, so I don't even try for that.

• EtliaEtlia Member

@Elysuu said:

@Etlia said:

Yeah, it's my fault that I wanted to keep up and surpass the paying players by playing 4-5 alts and burning all of their RP in Starhenge every day and being able to craft 4-5 pieces of gear every few days.

I just want some more stuff to come out soon. I'm not complaining on behalf of anyone else, it's just a problem my group is experiencing.

This is why we have an RP system. People get burned out quickly. But yeah, I didn't even play as much as you yet and I can't even be bothered to do anything solo after I finish my main character's dailies in an hour or less. Grinding Starhenge for fragments doesn't even feel rewarding because they aren't even guaranteed and you still need so many for one full keystone. Also the Starhenge legendary drop rate is just abysmal, so I don't even try for that.

It isn't so much that we're burned out. We're just literally out of stuff to do. It's only because the 2-month Starhenge grind was reduced to a week and some change.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Etlia said:

@Elysuu said:

@Etlia said:

It isn't so much that we're burned out. We're just literally out of stuff to do. It's only because the 2-month Starhenge grind was reduced to a week and some change.

Oh, well that's generic Korean MMO end-game for you. Normally they make the grind last much longer (several months to years) but they made this content incredibly fast and easy in comparison. Also not having any kind of raid or real challenging content pretty much makes the gear you farmed for entirely useless. Hopefully we will get something like this in the future.

• Make a keystone as a loot or rewards on card flip! Or put fragment as rewards on card flip

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Might i add. If you would love to help your F2P players. add a way for us to farm hammers, people are making it rather pricy. Also have us farm a way to earn kred for god sake, that doesn't take 25 days to farm or something plz.

• I got a question the drop only gear will that be for the class you play with because i finaly got a legy drop and geuss what it was for a gunmage im not a gunmage, badly rolled so cant even sell that wortless drop on the AH.

• @Tyronica said:
    I got a question the drop only gear will that be for the class you play with because i finaly got a legy drop and geuss what it was for a gunmage im not a gunmage, badly rolled so cant even sell that wortless drop on the AH.

Did you read it at all? It says it on the chart. "Not Guaranteed" i.e the drop can be for any class.

Also, rolls wouldn't be much of a reason as to why it wouldn't sell. The reason it likely wouldn't sell is because A. The Whales already have the gear they want. B. F2P players that want it either don't have the 10+k Kred to blow on one piece of gear that will be outdated soon or they already have some parts thanks to the hardcore grind on multiple alts. People get 450 reappraisals a day and the odds of getting "perfect rolls" i.e so that a player doesn't have to use recalcs are about as low as winning the lotto.

• ExVireExVire Member
    edited July 2017

@knoxxer said:

@WarFaceSystemX said:
    Hmm, seems like it might work, will have to see how it works.

Thanks! We think it will, but if it doesn't we will work to improve it further.

1St to sell items on AH .. we need to drop those... i ran 400/500 + instances not single leg to date. I really dubt you guys Played your own game once.

• I will have to see these legendary items drop at any sort of rate at all. Running areas in hard or insane usually only drops green gear rarely blue and even after grinding the same area and getting a SS rating still gives BS gear. Is the rating system even used to determine what loot is going to drop. Since I began the OB I have had maybe 3 legendary items drop. I think the rating system and item drop for a particular score may need to be examined a bit closer. I dunno, but I'm not to thrilled with the item drop rate but I do enjoy crafting the gear

• edited July 2017

Just want to go ahead and put this out there but if you really want to put a stop to gold sellers then you absolutely have to get rid of the "Sold By" in the AH.
    Nobody needs to know who is listing an item. All any player needs to know is that items are listed. The only people that benefit from knowing who listed something are the ones paying gold sellers and the gold sellers. With trading not being an option this is their only way for them to effectively "Gold sell"/"Kred sell". Yes, you can grant set prices but unless you get rid of the "Sold By" then they will buy up any items the payer lists. This will become an issue when there is a surplus of items in the AH and many of said items would otherwise never sell. Anything that can be sold for a lot should have a very small difference in the min/max as well. That will keep players from listing an odd or different price from others that would otherwise stand out to the gold sellers. Lower priced items could have a higher difference in items but high priced goods must NOT. This is so that even if they manage to continue gold selling it would have to be for insignificant amounts repeatedly.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

Will Elite status vouchers stay in the auction as kreds or will they be converted to gold?

• @RyceCream said:
    Will Elite status vouchers stay in the auction as kreds or will they be converted to gold?

They will most likely stay in as Kred. This is because Gold has no real value at this point.(thanks to Bots/Gold Sellers) What they are likely referring to are the costumes/costume bundles and maybe the pets. This is because both of those kinds of things can be obtained in-game already. (i.e Guardian Angel and Kagerield Costumes) I very much doubt that they will add something like the Kred consumables, high tier repair tools, scrolls, Elite status etc. for gold. It's likely that none of those will be "easily" obtainable for free players after OBT. We may get some of these things in the daily login reward chests and perhaps in some events but that would be where it would end.

This is all just speculation as eme hasn't stated what will or won't be tradable from the store. So, take what i said with a grain of salt :wink:

• is it possible to make the chaos kritium thing account bound? i would love to do my invasion runs just on my main instead of having to do them on all my 6 chars

• Looks promising, as I always tell my friends. Enmasse is one of the (if not the) best publishers in the west. No matter what other ppl say.

I hope you keep the hard work, you'll be rewarded 100%.

Much love <3

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

Nice one i just hope the boost in drop rate for current starhenge gear will do something coz man its getiing frustrating to run a dungeon over and over and over a gain just to get few boss souls and 3 green gears

• The droprate is not a problem, the boring grind is. Running the same dungeon 100 times isn't fun, especially when you one shot the boss

• @36N4N9D3GF said:
    The droprate is not a problem, the boring grind is. Running the same dungeon 100 times isn't fun, especially when you one shot the boss

idk about you but im running up on 1k runs and havnt seen a single t7 drop. my friend is coming up on 500 runs and hasnt even seen a single t6 drop. the nature of rng is a bitch.