We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Founder's Pack discussion

I feel like these packs are lacking in content. The bulk of it is just EMP and Elite status. Also I couldn't find anything about the costumes. Are they Founder's exclusive or can they also be obtained through other methods?

Things I'd like to see added:
-Name reservation
-Some starter consumables pack, just QoL stuff to make levelling easier
-Elite status details soon tm?

Comments

• N0chtN0cht Member

I would like to see a bigger image of the Dark Guardians costumes. I can't tell if it's any good based on the small image on the packs page.

• AugrumAugrum Member

I bought it.

• RaptorClawzRaptorClawz Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Value wise the 75$ one is pretty good. I actually hate when founders packs throw in a bunch of random garbage like res scrolls and potions. I'd rather use the EMP they give to buy exactly what I want.

Even if I low ball the prices on all the stuff in the pack.

180 days vip. Say it's 15$ each month. 90$

The costumes will only be in the pack, wont be able to get it later on.

You get 4. Costumes will probably be 20$ each. So 80$

The pet? Maybe 10$?

The sunglasses aren't anything special. 10$ combined.

10,000 EMP is 100$ cash shop money.

So in total, it's worth about 290$

• Elite status is probably the VIP equivalent, so more fatigue to use, and other bonuses from instances. Though im not sure how the elite status will work here.
    As for the costumes they will be useful to you, but they're two types, and the ones we are given in founder pack are rare, but there are epic versions which ultimately have better stats.

I think early access to OBT is there way of letting us secure names.

• Seeing how heavily the $75 pack is discounted versus the normal price for freemium games actually makes me wonder how successful they expect the game to be.

• HaichiiHaichii Member

@N0cht said:
    I would like to see a bigger image of the Dark Guardians costumes. I can't tell if it's any good based on the small image on the packs page.

If you have the mobile version of the game (Kritika: The White Knights), 3 of the costumes are recolours and 1 is the exact same. From left to right in the preview they're Shadow Mage/Ice Warlock Dragon Master, Cat Acrobat/Crimson Assassin Ice Dance Attire (Black), Berserker/Demon Blade/Burst Breaker Demonic Dragon Knight Steel, and Dark Valkyrie/Blood Demon Queen of Death.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

@Haichii said:

@N0cht said:

If you have the mobile version of the game (Kritika: The White Knights), 3 of the costumes are recolours and 1 is the exact same. From left to right in the preview they're Shadow Mage/Ice Warlock Dragon Master, Cat Acrobat/Crimson Assassin Ice Dance Attire (Black), Berserker/Demon Blade/Burst Breaker Demonic Dragon Knight Steel, and Dark Valkyrie/Blood Demon Queen of Death.

Ok so that answers my question. The founder's don't exactly have much of a founder's pack feel to them. No exclusives, it just feels like I'm paying for the EMP.

• Founder's pack is a joke. I wouldn't even pay 30$ for the stuff you get in the 75$ pack. If overpriced content is the first thing EnMasse is showing us about this game then I'm starting to seriously doubt about how successful it will be. Recycled content will never be worth 75$.

• FinalSinFinalSin Member

the 75$ pack is worth it, i played on sea server and if the cash shop is like that then its worth . 10,000 EMP will be needed for like re rolling those stats on gear and etc

• LindecrantzLindecrantz Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Money wise... Those packs are defenitely worth it.. But if you care more about exclusives and unique cosmetics.. Then maybe not.. Since its good value for money I will probably buy it.

• 3NXL59JXHL3NXL59JXHL Member
    edited May 2017

I wonder are those packs only for closed beta? like after the closed beta it will all be gone? or you will continue to have it in open beta or even formal serving? oh, and it is said those packs are limited time offer, so when will it end?

• @3NXL59JXHL said:
    I wonder are those packs only for closed beta? like after the closed beta it will all be gone? or you will continue to have it in open beta or even formal serving? oh, and it is said those packs are limited time offer, so when will it end?

The Founder's Pack won't be available into Open Beta. I assume they will be removed sometime prior to the 2-day OBT headstart.

• xNectarxNectar Member

If you've already bought the first founder pack, can you upgrade to the third one by paying the difference? Or do you have to pay for the whole thing?

• xNectarxNectar Member

Nevermind, I have bought both the first and third, it just accumulates, which is kinda stupid

• KSibKSib Member

In regards to the founders pack items: will the costumes, pet, and sunglasses be account-bound, character-bound, or what?

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin
    edited May 2017

I'll rapid-fire answer a few questions below. Also, I'm aiming to get all of this info into an FAQ, so keep an eye out for that in the next few days.

• Name Reservation: We'd hoped to have the early OBT access act as a sort of name reservation system, but I'll pass along the feedback that folks would like a more formal name to reserve names beforehand.
    • Elite Status Details: Elite provides daily rewards and some increased progression. From the store page "You'll get additional EXP as you play, more rewards for completing Danger Zones, access to exclusive items and costumes, and much, much more!" We'll have additional information available soon!
    • The Dark Guardian costumes are exclusive to the Founders' Pack and won't be directly sold in the shop once the Founders' Pack retires.
    • The Founders' Pack will be available at least until the Open Beta
    • Founders' Pack items are delivered to each account, so any character can claim it, but it is a one-time claim.
  • ExpedExped Member

@Smoreceror said:
    I'll rapid-fire answer a few questions below. Also, I'm aiming to get all of this info into an FAQ, so keep an eye out for that in the next few days.

• Name Reservation: We'd hoped to have the early OBT access act as a sort of name reservation system, but I'll pass along the feedback that folks would like a more formal name to reserve names beforehand.
    • Elite Status Details: Elite provides daily rewards and some increased progression. From the store page "You'll get additional EXP as you play, more rewards for completing Danger Zones, access to exclusive items and costumes, and much, much more!" We'll have additional information available soon!
    • The Dark Guardian costumes are exclusive to the Founders' Pack and won't be directly sold in the shop once the Founders' Pack retires.
    • The Founders' Pack will be available at least until the Open Beta
    • Founders' Pack items are delivered to each account, so any character can claim it, but it is a one-time claim.

Let's make sure that thats will no re colours of those sets in he cash shop later? This has to be exclusive right?

Also tradeable-sellable ?

• The problem I have is how expensive the Founder's Packs are. Like I've been playing KR and SEA for years now and for SEA $25 gets around 75k Gold (Which is our EMP). The VIP should just be increased maximum fatigue, an extra card at the end of each stage (which is the best thing about VIP), and a few other things. The thing is guys, if the VIP is similar to SEA's version then it's not really worth the money. Especially if it's $15 like Tera. Tera's Elite is actually worth the value for the most part. The $75 pack is really just to show off for a little while and for EMP. The outfits are not THAT good and you can get better ones later. If. Kinda don't get why we are also only launching with 4 base classes, I was hoping for Eclair as well (She's by far the best class in Kritika, and the most fun imo). But I guess they need to hold content to release to keep people playing.

• @AvenRath said:
    The problem I have is how expensive the Founder's Packs are. Like I've been playing KR and SEA for years now and for SEA $25 gets around 75k Gold (Which is our EMP). The VIP should just be increased maximum fatigue, an extra card at the end of each stage (which is the best thing about VIP), and a few other things. The thing is guys, if the VIP is similar to SEA's version then it's not really worth the money. Especially if it's $15 like Tera. Tera's Elite is actually worth the value for the most part. The $75 pack is really just to show off for a little while and for EMP. The outfits are not THAT good and you can get better ones later. If. Kinda don't get why we are also only launching with 4 base classes, I was hoping for Eclair as well (She's by far the best class in Kritika, and the most fun imo). But I guess they need to hold content to release to keep people playing.

I definitely think Kritika's Elite will be similiar to Tera's w/ 2x exp, 2x fatigue, an extra reward at the end of every dungeon, and various other stuff.

• @AvenRath said:
    The problem I have is how expensive the Founder's Packs are. Like I've been playing KR and SEA for years now and for SEA $25 gets around 75k Gold (Which is our EMP). The VIP should just be increased maximum fatigue, an extra card at the end of each stage (which is the best thing about VIP), and a few other things. The thing is guys, if the VIP is similar to SEA's version then it's not really worth the money. Especially if it's $15 like Tera. Tera's Elite is actually worth the value for the most part. The $75 pack is really just to show off for a little while and for EMP. The outfits are not THAT good and you can get better ones later. If. Kinda don't get why we are also only launching with 4 base classes, I was hoping for Eclair as well (She's by far the best class in Kritika, and the most fun imo). But I guess they need to hold content to release to keep people playing.

First of all, since they are claiming that 10k EMP = 100% value, its wrong to assume that 25$ = 75k gold (Which is our EMP). Like wut? this makes no sense whatsoever! Im not going to judge VIP before gettin info on what exactly we are getting, so ill skip that part. As for outfits... Saying that they are "not that good" is your personal opinion, i personally like them quite a lot. And if you are referring to their rarity, then... All rare costumes provide same stats, so they technically cant be "not that good", they all "the same". Unique ones are rng, if im remembering correctly: you need to combine existing rares to have a chance to get unique or something like that? I dont quite remember, but i havent seen any game that would willingly give away such a great source of income... Also, exclusivity. If you care just about stats, then yeah, fine, go ahead and ignore it, but do you have any idea how much people want to stand out in video games? Just one example is Excalibur Prime warframe from "Warframe". Its been years, and people still whine about not being able to get that purely cosmetic piece.

• AvenRathAvenRath Member
    edited May 2017

@E6KEY5E4MX said:

@AvenRath said:

First of all, since they are claiming that 10k EMP = 100% value, its wrong to assume that 25$ = 75k gold (Which is our EMP). Like wut? this makes no sense whatsoever! Im not going to judge VIP before gettin info on what exactly we are getting, so ill skip that part. As for outfits... Saying that they are "not that good" is your personal opinion, i personally like them quite a lot. And if you are referring to their rarity, then... All rare costumes provide same stats, so they technically cant be "not that good", they all "the same". Unique ones are rng, if im remembering correctly: you need to combine existing rares to have a chance to get unique or something like that? I dont quite remember, but i havent seen any game that would willingly give away such a great source of income... Also, exclusivity. If you care just about stats, then yeah, fine, go ahead and ignore it, but do you have any idea how much people want to stand out in video games? Just one example is Excalibur Prime warframe from "Warframe". Its been years, and people still whine about not being able to get that purely cosmetic piece.

WTF are you talking about? In SEA $25 gets you like 75k Gold which is basically EMP for our version of the game (North America). My point is, the value you get on SEA (Around 7-8x your money) is hard to justify spending $75 on a Founder's Pack for the NA version. Chill the hell out. The whole thing about the Outfits, that's not an opinion that's fact. They are not THAT good compared to other outfits stat wise, which is clearly want I meant. You pick between 1-3 stat types to keep on each part of your outfit and can change them later but the stats will always be a set amount. So certain outfits are simply better. Visually of course it's opinion based, never said it wasn't.

• @AvenRath said:

@E6KEY5E4MX said:

@AvenRath said:

WTF are you talking about? In SEA $25 gets you like 75k Gold which is basically EMP for our version of the game (North America). My point is, the value you get on SEA (Around 7-8x your money) is hard to justify spending $75 on a Founder's Pack for the NA version. Chill the hell out. The whole thing about the Outfits, that's not an opinion that's fact. They are not THAT good compared to other outfits stat wise, which is clearly want I meant. You pick between 1-3 stat types to keep on each part of your outfit and can change them later but the stats will always be a set amount. So certain outfits are simply better. Visually of course it's opinion based, never said it wasn't.

you dont get it, do you? you are saying that 75k gold = 75k emp? you cant know that. you cant know how much emp anything will cost. they claim that 10k emp = 100$ value, so if 25$ in SEA = 75k gold, then 300k SEA gold = 10k EMP and cash shop prices will be adjusted accordingly. there should be no noticeable difference in how much you can buy in cash shop per dollar, so whats your point? As for costumes, ALL COSTUMES OF SAME RARITY HAVE SAME STAT OPTIONS!!! they cant be better or worse! they are literary the same!!! the only difference between different costumes is how they look! you get better stats ONLY from costumes of higher rarity (unique) and thats another story altogether.