We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

rip arena

135

Comments

  • @Exped said:
    Man someone really follows me and what I do. A lot of time on your hands xD

    I mean. its easy to get curious when you spam 10 gigaphones with your CR and twitch link, talking about beating floor 120. don't advertise?

  • @TheFaker said:
    Someone whaling while you grind all day could mean they work a lot harder than you irl and are paid for it. Never forget that.

    I only play about 3 hours a day and I've been done with SH gear since I can buy them with kred. I don't think that means I'm lazy.

    I don't mind him. I find the hate for the whales quite unwarranted. they buy my shit so I can get kred too. which is one thing I like about the kred for weps system. Its fun to poke the bear when hes defensive tho XD

  • ElysuuElysuu Member

    I suppose if they go for the search and destroy approach, they could hand out temporary bans for like a week (a full arena cycle) to the exploiters as a slap on the wrist and make them fall behind a bit.

  • ExpedExped Member

    I'm like Donald trump xD

  • @Elysuu said:
    I suppose if they go for the search and destroy approach, they could hand out temporary bans for like a week (a full arena cycle) to the exploiters as a slap on the wrist and make them fall behind a bit.

    from a business perspective.. theyre losing a lot of cash from the combination of kred rewards and failing to fix it quick.

    • Banning would lose more cash(especially banning Mr.Caped Crusader.
    • Reset would get them back the most value. but piss off a lot of people. gotta figure if that's worth.
    • just starting fresh and wiping the weapon is probably the best approach, but anyone who didn't exploit gets rekt and falls behind
  • ElysuuElysuu Member
    edited July 2017

    @PCYGCLGRFE I think they should have the tools to be able to just rollback the players that participated in the exploit. At the least, we know that every player's CR is snapshotted at some point during every floor of the arena, so it's probably reasonable to assume there would also be some snapshot or record of the gear used to complete each floor. Those who completed floor 120 would be the most suspicious to check out first. After checking floor 120 completions, they can narrow it down to specific players and check player logs that would probably show all their gear before, during, and after entering the arena floors. Obviously the players caught red-handed with the weapon would be passed judgment on top of selective rollback. Personally I think this is the best way to fix it at this point considering how much damage has already been done, and will continue to be done until sometime next week hopefully.

    @Gration By search and destroy I meant selective rollback on the players that participated in the exploit. So not only will those players lose all the arena rewards they cheated, they will also be suspended for a week and lose a week of progress as well as the ability to participate in the next arena cycle.

  • @Elysuu said:
    @PCYGCLGRFE I think they should have the tools to be able to just rollback the players that participated in the exploit. At the least, we know that every player's CR is snapshotted at some point during every floor of the arena, so it's probably reasonable to assume there would also be some snapshot or record of the gear used to complete each floor. Those who completed floor 120 would be the most suspicious to check out first. After checking floor 120 completions, they can narrow it down to specific players and check player logs that would probably show all their gear before, during, and after entering the arena floors. Obviously the players caught red-handed with the weapon would be passed judgment on top of selective rollback. Personally I think this is the best way to fix it at this point considering how much damage has already been done, and will continue to be done until sometime next week hopefully.

    @Gration By search and destroy I meant selective rollback on the players that participated in the exploit. So not only will those players lose all the arena rewards they cheated, they will also be suspended for a week and lose a week of progress as well as the ability to participate in the next arena cycle.

    Again... Takes a lot of time and hourly resources to go through that many logs. idk if theres a search function for weapon in hand. Probably easier to just let it slide... plus theyd piss off a lot of people and spend more cash.

    I'm betting they nerf weapon. cut losses. and give some kind of comp

  • ElysuuElysuu Member

    @PCYGCLGRFE Well they need to be paid to do something right? I'm sure they have plenty of money to go around from Tera. They made a mess and it's their job to fix it. Whatever they do though, they need to make sure to make the legitimate players happy and also the exploiters deserve to be punished in some way.

  • SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

    Letting this "slide" sets a dangerous precedent for future, maybe even more damaging exploits. I would not recommend a ban, rather some form of reward removal for the exploited.

  • ExpedExped Member

    @Elysuu said:
    @PCYGCLGRFE I think they should have the tools to be able to just rollback the players that participated in the exploit. At the least, we know that every player's CR is snapshotted at some point during every floor of the arena, so it's probably reasonable to assume there would also be some snapshot or record of the gear used to complete each floor. Those who completed floor 120 would be the most suspicious to check out first. After checking floor 120 completions, they can narrow it down to specific players and check player logs that would probably show all their gear before, during, and after entering the arena floors. Obviously the players caught red-handed with the weapon would be passed judgment on top of selective rollback. Personally I think this is the best way to fix it at this point considering how much damage has already been done, and will continue to be done until sometime next week hopefully.

    @Gration By search and destroy I meant selective rollback on the players that participated in the exploit. So not only will those players lose all the arena rewards they cheated, they will also be suspended for a week and lose a week of progress as well as the ability to participate in the next arena cycle.

    Whoever is giving you information about me is very wrong about elsword Void XD. I am Superman , fire lord FLFLFL. Strongest FL!!

  • ElysuuElysuu Member

    @Exped You quoted the wrong person. :|

  • ExpedExped Member

    @Elysuu said:

    Let's all go back to farming hammers xD

  • @Elysuu said:
    @PCYGCLGRFE Well they need to be paid to do something right? I'm sure they have plenty of money to go around from Tera. They made a mess and it's their job to fix it. Whatever they do though, they need to make sure to make the legitimate players happy and also the exploiters deserve to be punished in some way.

    Here's my thoughts and its unfortunately kind of negative... BDO has weekend support... GW2 has weekend support... Blade and soul has weekend support. Most gaming is done on the weekend... I would think that as a company, you would give someone Tuesdays and Thursdays off, and have them answering tickets and questions on Saturdays and Sundays....

    From what I've gathered from Smore's streams and various forum posts.. Management is concerned with releasing new content and preparing the game to take off... They want éclair, nobleria, monk, raids, and content. They make more money when we want to buy costumes and pets for our new characters, which is understandable. I will gladly support a game publisher with minimal spending(cause im poor) if the game is really well made. They don't want this SH period to last long because it makes them no money.. We only have 1 gear tier and +15ing stuff is easy... They want us at +20 where we actually might pay 1.5 mil for stability hammers cause the enhancers blessing charges slow enough to warrant it. when people can spend 200 dollars on stability alone trying to get there.

    If AH glitches, bugged skills, arena exploits, and gold sellers can be left unaddressed and unchecked for as long as they do; How can they expect to create bigger and better things? How can the game grow?. Blade and Soul had a good excuse for poor early customer service; their game blew the heck up and they weren't expecting it. This game has the opposite problem, we have a player base of maybe 1000 people. Yet do you see kritika advertisements anywhere?. additional hiring for support staff?

    Right now it feels like this game is being made to milk whales and die off in 6 months. Kinda suspicious that all the auction imbalance ends up doing is incentivizing you to spend EMP for hammers, or buy kred to pay 5k for weapons, or buy costumes to sell for 5 mil a piece. Also suspicious that Smore said on stream that they could fix it any time without a patch and literally nobody has done anything. If they really wanted a self sustaining business model they would be more focused on growth, testing, and perfecting the product as its made before trying to bring even more new buggy things to the table. "Hey, I know we didn't fix anything we said we would, but heres this new pet pack for 60 dollars".. this business model is almost always doomed to tank.

    Do you see where its going if you really think about it?

  • Well, now I know where Gration and Noctred went. :x

  • to answer your question. no I don't think they have the laborforce to manually reset players 1 by 1

  • @Gration said:

    did anyone actually buy that pet pack? it was so ridiculously stupid.....

    that aside, if they actually did release that stuff it'd already have the fixes in it. so there's that little ray of light lol.

    The best part is I totally want some pets, but their concept of money is pretty weird. Founders pack was an amazing value; pet pack is a waste of money. Idc how cute kachu is. If they doubled the EMP or halved the cost i'd be all over it. I am far too lazy to pick up drops.

  • ElysuuElysuu Member

    @PCYGCLGRFE I don't remember BnS even having advertisements either until they came out of OBT there too, and I was around on BnS since the start of CBT and a handful of months afterwards until the game became overrun with bots. I didn't have to think about such a thing, but I won't deny your thoughts on it. I've said this in another thread recently and I'll say it again: I came into this game expecting it to shut down from day one. Unfortunately, I've pretty much experienced and seen it all done before... it's not and won't be any surprise to me if this happens to be the first game Enmasse shuts down. Still, this won't stop me from trying to enjoy my time here while it lasts and at least try to do what I can to try to help keep the sinking ship afloat, whether it's trying to give suggestions or trying to answer random questions or just trying to promote a more active community. We can only hope that they aren't all talk and no action, and if they planned for the game to be a quick cash grab from the start then so be it. They won't get any money from me until they've proven that their intentions are to keep the game alive. It would be sad to see yet another unique game bite the dust, but I won't be surprised if it does.

    @Gration I've seen a few people with the pets in my channel alone, so at least some people probably bought it.

  • @Elysuu said:
    @PCYGCLGRFE I don't remember BnS even having advertisements either until they came out of OBT there too, and I was around on BnS since the start of CBT and a handful of months afterwards until the game became overrun with bots. I didn't have to think about such a thing, but I won't deny your thoughts on it. I've said this in another thread recently and I'll say it again: I came into this game expecting it to shut down from day one. Unfortunately, I've pretty much experienced and seen it all done before... it's not and won't be any surprise to me if this happens to be the first game Enmasse shuts down. Still, this won't stop me from trying to enjoy my time here while it lasts and at least try to do what I can to try to help keep the sinking ship afloat, whether it's trying to give suggestions or trying to answer random questions or just trying to promote a more active community. We can only hope that they aren't all talk and no action, and if they planned for the game to be a quick cash grab from the start then so be it. They won't get any money from me until they've proven that their intentions are to keep the game alive. It would be sad to see yet another unique game bite the dust, but I won't be surprised if it does.

    @Gration I've seen a few people with the pets in my channel alone, so at least some people probably bought it.

    Hey. More power to them for buying the pet packs, I want those lil bastards. I think smore mentioned they're coming to the kred shop as a solo purchase. as long as they're in the 1k-1500 range ill probably pick one(or 3) up.

    I didn't know enmasse has never shut a game down, that's actually somewhat encouraging... I guess maybe I was a little harsh because of the pet packs and the lack of support. I will keep in mind that it's beta. Still would be nice of them to double/tripple their support staff and add some GM's in game.

    The best thing I could do for the community is stroke Exped's ego and follow him on twitch. Make it rain at enmasse HQ... joking ofc xD.

  • ElysuuElysuu Member
    edited July 2017

    @Gration Probably a good amount of the backlash on the Starhenge buffs were because so many were used to the dungeons being completely trivial before the patch and they ended up going from one extreme to the other and it caught a lot of people off guard. It was already a mistake before the patch that they didn't scale up the "difficulty" in Starhenge in the same way they scaled up all the regular dungeons from CBT. I'm sure I'm not the only one that noticed immediately when venturing into Starhenge pre-patch for the first time, that all of the dungeons were a cake walk compared to many of the regular bosses during the leveling process.

    @PCYGCLGRFE Yeah... with the way things have been going and from my current knowledge, I'm not too sure on what to think of this yet. As far as I know, Enmasse has pretty much done the opposite in terms of publishing games. I don't think they've ever shut one down yet, and I'm pretty sure they actually took in games (ZMR and AVA) that have previously shut down. I would like to think of them as a kind of foster home for abandoned games. At the same time, all of these issues lately and the fact there's barely 2 forum representatives remind me of another game I've played that also shut down and had similar forum activity. The only difference I see between Kritika and that other game is that the developers (ALLM) are actually still around to support the game, which gives me at least a slight ray of hope. Time will tell.

  • ElysuuElysuu Member

    @Gration They mentioned in the last stream that this is what ALLM said they were probably going to do (keep the current Extreme and make the rest of the difficulties easier again). We'll have to wait and see what they do with it, but for now there are definitely some more pressing issues to fix first. If they can manage to fix it all in one shot then that would probably be impressive.

  • SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

    A fix could be to make all arena bosses immune to anything that deals percent damage, including the helmet. Though that might just be me jealous of not having that helm.

  • ExpedExped Member

    @Spirea said:
    A fix could be to make all arena bosses immune to anything that deals percent damage, including the helmet. Though that might just be me jealous of not having that helm.

    Got it as a drop the other day.

  • NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

    @Elysuu said:

    @Gration said:

    @Elysuu said:

    @Abaddonoffire said:

    @Elysuu said:

    @Abaddonoffire said:

    @Gration said:

    @Elysuu said:

    @3YX5LGY3TC said:

    @Spirea said:
    Vineway weapons cost more than tier 7 starhenge weapons now. Hilarious.

    no, u can only put them up to 2k cred in AH... :/
    if you could theyd be more than 5k worth though

    Someone actually bothered to +13 one.

    Enmasse please. Send halp.

    this just makes me laugh really hard cause he either just lost a TONNN of money or just gave someone a reason to make him the richest man in the server. Either way this exploit needs to go.

    other people have sold them at that price once enhanced. so hes rich. people will pay out the ass to exploit.

    In hindsight, I don't see how it's even worth it to pay that much just for the easy first-clear rewards. The ranking rewards are pretty much nothing more than bragging rights now compared to the old rewards, and after the first clear it's just badges. We're eventually going to have the gear to get those rewards relatively easier and legitimately anyways. Once we get the gem upgrading system as well, those free top tier gems won't seem as big of a deal too. The legendary charms are kind of a big deal, but even for those someone can just farm up the gold eventually to buy them from someone else. If anything, the people abusing the exploit now are just wasting either their time, effort, money, or all of the above.

    its incredibly annoying for someone to grind their ass off to get top 100 or top 10 only to have some scrub come in and use this shitty weapon to steal their spot when the person stealing clearly doesnt deserve it. atm its not as bad cuz they dont get badges just wings but still.

    That's understandable. As long as they fix this as soon as possible (it better be next week), overall it actually shouldn't hurt the game too much especially in the long-run since the arena resets weekly anyways. The people who needed the exploit to reach the top won't be able to get there again if this gets taken care of. Now the problem is the short-term damages... it's definitely far too late. At this point it would probably be difficult to even do a simple rollback because who knows how the exploiters would have already spent or used the rewards and such. If more people were more understanding to the fact that this won't have a huge impact in the long-run of the game and willing to be more patient then things should be okay... but we've already seen how people have reacted to this.

    This and people complaining that their class is suddenly shit because Arena is hard (Like it's supposed to be) seem to be really big problems. EME and AllM need to fix Arena and completely ignore people begging for balance changes cause they can't easily abuse their own class' strengths anymore. i swear if anyone gets an additional I-Frame or a buff in general from a bunch of scrubs complaining i'm just done, cause now all i need to do is complain that something's unfair from my POV to make my class better than others

    I think that problem might have to do with all the missing content we don't have and they skipped. I'm not sure about the content order myself and someone (@Natorious) could probably tell us, but I'm guessing that this new arena tower system was supposed to be after we got level 70 content or at least imprints and maybe other balance changes.

    This arena is meant to be for the level 70 cap with imprints 2nd awakenings and mastery levels, gear evolution and much more included. It doesnt suit the current gear and content as we have right now Starhenge gear is again a starting point for the real endgame content which will be located in Xanadu.

  • @Gration said:

    and yet an unchecked level 60 item is more powerful than anything you just listed. people actually think it's not a problem just because it's in the game lol

    It's a natural response of a cheater. Deny everything.

    I've seen plenty of cheaters claiming they got banned for doing nothing, and then reveal later that they did cheat once they realize that they aren't getting their account back.

  • Reposting this for pure shaming purposes, gaze upon those who succumbed to the exploit.

  • AbaddonoffireAbaddonoffire Member
    edited July 2017

    @NMP4YMLDHH said:

    Reposting this for pure shaming purposes, gaze upon those who succumbed to the exploit.

    i love how everyone who worked hard to reach their rank now is going to lose it to scumbags. gg hope they fix it soon

  • S0ulCal1berS0ulCal1ber Member

    @Abaddonoffire said:

    @NMP4YMLDHH said:

    Reposting this for pure shaming purposes, gaze upon those who succumbed to the exploit.

    i love how everyone who worked hard to reach their rank now is going to lose it to scumbags. gg hope they fix it soon

    Im struggled to reach level 74 as it is. was wondering how people, who had only a little more CR than me were getting really high up the ladder with almost no effort.. this little exploit also must be why not many have complained about the entry fee as there not burning through gold like some of us who have to keep retrying.

  • @S0ulCal1ber said:

    @Abaddonoffire said:

    @NMP4YMLDHH said:

    Reposting this for pure shaming purposes, gaze upon those who succumbed to the exploit.

    i love how everyone who worked hard to reach their rank now is going to lose it to scumbags. gg hope they fix it soon

    Im struggled to reach level 74 as it is. was wondering how people, who had only a little more CR than me were getting really high up the ladder with almost no effort.. this little exploit also must be why not many have complained about the entry fee as there not burning through gold like some of us who have to keep retrying.

    finished 104 personally. passed a lot of people with a higher cr than me in doing so (123k atm) garuntee i lose my top 100 spot. thanks to this i dont even feel like trying to get higher.

  • 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

    that list really dissapoint me they were honorable players and worked hard for their gears and now this happen use cheap tactic just to keep or gain top3/10 wings and show to people later how good he is but not to us we know what u did back there

  • IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

    None of these players are asking for praise LOL. You guys make it seem like they're asking to be recognized by using the greenleaf. Most of us have cleared it with real gear at some point.

    This thread is full of babies whining that would never achieve top 10-50 anyways in a fair competition. Try improving your own gameplay before bashing on others because you can't accept that someone is better than you.

    Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to defend the use of the weapon. Allm will eventually void the effect and most likely overlooked it because our version is so different. It's just a matter of when.

This discussion has been closed.