We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

PATCH INCOMING AT 3PM PDT: V205 Patch Notes

edited August 2017 in Patch Notes

UPDATE: We ended up doing one more change to Green Leaf weapons to further reduce the damage from the special options.

UPDATE: Bonus drop rates and Danger Zone completion will begin today at 7PM PDT (4AM CEST) and last 24 hours.

We always appreciate your feedback and opinions about Kritika Online. We know it comes from deep passion for the game and we really do value it.

Since our last update, we’ve made adjustments to alleviate some of issues surrounding the Starhenge difficulty changes.

Additionally, we agree that Green Leaf weapons are a wee bit too powerful. Technically this was not a bug, or an exploit, but rather an imbalance that ultimately resulted in players clearing the Arena at a much higher rate than designed.

It’s nearly impossible for us to accurately identify exactly who used what weapon in what capacity throughout the week. As such, we are not punishing anyone that used the weapon in the Arena. We're continuing to discuss ways to reward last week's Arena players in as fair a way as possible. We appreciate your patience on the matter.

Alongside this hotfix, we’re providing a 30 percent increase to drop rates and Danger Zone completion EXP for 24 hours, beginning August 1, 7PM PDT (4 AM CEST).

On to the details of the changes!

Starhenge Difficulty & Reward Changes

We initially made our changes to Starhenge to make it more challenging and more engaging for users alongside an increase of rewards. With the intent of higher difficulty equals higher rewards, we overshot our mark—especially for easy, normal, and hard difficulties. Your feedback and data both showed too big of a hurdle between users and the content.

The lesson we have learned from this Starhenge patch is that we should not put hurdles in front of your current playstyle. In response to this we are bringing down the requirements for all 4 difficulties, deleting the shield gauge that was added, and decreasing monster’s attack/moving speed.

If you were to compare it to v153 (before the v202 update), then you will see Easy, Normal, and Hard back to similar difficulty levels – while Insane mode will still land a bit higher than before.

The drop rates will remain the same as the v202 update and since we are increasing the difficulty, we will be increasing the Violet Boss Soul drops.

Summary of Starhenge Changes:
1. Removed all Starhenge boss shield gauges.
2. Starhenge accuracy requirement is reduced.
3. Violet Boss soul drop amount will be increased, based on difficulty. (Easy: 1 to 2, Normal: 2 to 4, Hard: 4 to 8, and Extreme: 8 to 12)
4. Monster’s attack/moving speed will be decreased on Hard and Insane modes.
5. Recommended Combat Rating reflect the changes. (Easy: 15000 to 12000, Normal: 35000 to 25000, Hard: 70000 to 35000, and Extreme: 150000 to 130000)

Other Changes
1. The Green Leaf weapons weren’t designed to do this much damage—reduced damage to their intended percentage.
2. Many auction house min/max prices were set too high. We’ve revised a bunch of them—too many to list. As we mentioned when we first implemented the min/max, we expect this to take a few updates to get right. Keep letting us know where we are off.
3. Added Costume Badges to the Arena coin exchange shop, with a daily purchase limit.
4. Revised the Dark Companion’s (Founder’s Pack pet) item collecting range to its intended 20m range.
5. You can now add the Vasilisa Claymore to the auction house.
6. Added more information about rewards to the Arena entry screen.
7. Numerous bug and localization fixes.

Comments

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

Omg the patch of all saviors has come! THIS IS WHAT PLAYERS ARE LOOKING FOR! OUR PRAYS HAVE BEEN HEARD AND ANSWERED!

• MasazumiMasazumi Member

Finds a way

• I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

:) great changes, i mean we learn something everyday

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Are you resetting RP aswell?

• MorgianaSenpaiMorgianaSenpai Member ✭✭✭

Patience is a virtue!!!!

• I Love this patch ♥ Thxx

• very happy with this patch.

• KatsuieeKatsuiee Member

That's some good stuff, and hopefully more goodies to come.

BUT WHERES THE NO MIN MAX ON KREDS? REEEEEEEEEEEE :*

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

@Typicaldemon said:
    I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

Because the weapon made its way into the game in such a powerful state, we didn't feel it would be right to take action against players who used it. It's a difficult situation to address, but we wanted to lean less towards punishing and more towards fixing the issue. We're still discussing the best way to proceed with this week's Arena rewards and will have more updates soon.

@G47DYF5DJL said:
    what about the arena rebalance for some huge spike bosses and reduced entry fee ?

That's definitely something Allm is working on, but we wanted to get these changes out the door as soon as possible.

• I think shield could've stayed for SH bosses especially for hard/extreme, but glad to see you guys are listening. Still conflicted that grazing is here and min/max on auction house. But good change and I approve

@Katsuiee said:

We want to spend a bit more time tweaking this min/max system to see if we can strike the balance between profitability for players and making things difficult for gold sellers. That's not to say that we won't change it in the future, but we didn't want to bail on it right away. As mentioned in the notes:

"Many auction house min/max prices were set too high. We’ve revised a bunch of them—too many to list. As we mentioned when we first implemented the min/max, we expect this to take a few updates to get right. Keep letting us know where we are off."

Please keep the feedback on these min and max values coming! We'll continue to tweak them regularly.

• NguyenLegendsNguyenLegends Member
    edited August 2017

So this patch just went out? I used up all my RP already...

Hopefully the patch resets everyone rest points too or else people who ran dungeons in the morning would be out of luck on that +30% bonus for today.

Still kind of salty about green leaf exploit though. The people who knew about it and hoarded that weapon profited so much and got to 120 on many characters.

• No mentioned fix for K-Perks and buff CR fix?

• at the market you are off pretty much everywhere, as it's self regulating and always depending on the inflation and playerbase... if you don't update it weekly on a very detailed base, auction house will stay dead

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

@Jezabhel said:
    No mentioned fix for K-Perks and buff CR fix?

K-perks and buffs still work just not in Hubs but in dungeons

@Zyvex said:
    at the market you are off pretty much everywhere, as it's self regulating and always depending on the inflation and playerbase... if you don't update it weekly on a very detailed base, auction house will stay dead

We've committed to making very regular updates for Auction House values, but we need your feedback on the prices. Keep it coming!

• Ok so ppl that have\got Green Leaf weapon during bug was able to clear 120 floors and get all first clear rewards, now u fix that and don't punishing them. So only reasonable reward for all this mess would be give to all first clear reward for 120 floors from their current floor lvl.

• @Smoreceror said:

@Typicaldemon said:
    I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

Because the weapon made its way into the game in such a powerful state, we didn't feel it would be right to take action against players who used it. It's a difficult situation to address, but we wanted to lean less towards punishing and more towards fixing the issue. We're still discussing the best way to proceed with this week's Arena rewards and will have more updates soon.

It's understandable. The issue is that it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It's difficult to justify banning for the use of Greenleafs due to the circumstance, however, the circumstance will likely be omitted when the precedence is set for "exploiting". Obviously no one hopes for another abusable mechanic to arise, but if (and when) it does, I hope to see a faster and more aggressive response. For what it's worth, wings should likely be equalized in Arena. It's already difficult to catch up in this game in terms of gearing and clear speed, but it's damn near impossible trying to catch people at Rank 1-10 with their wings.

All in all though, a solid patch. The boss soul changes and difficulty rebalancing are certainly a step in the right direction, and the addition (or reintroduction) of Kagerfeld Badges to the Arena shop is great all around, especially for F2P players. The AH changes sound good, but we'll have to wait to see those in practice to make any firm judgement.

• LA7NTGXCAGLA7NTGXCAG Member

@Smoreceror said:

@Katsuiee said:

We want to spend a bit more time tweaking this min/max system to see if we can strike the balance between profitability for players and making things difficult for gold sellers. That's not to say that we won't change it in the future, but we didn't want to bail on it right away. As mentioned in the notes:

"Many auction house min/max prices were set too high. We’ve revised a bunch of them—too many to list. As we mentioned when we first implemented the min/max, we expect this to take a few updates to get right. Keep letting us know where we are off."

Please keep the feedback on these min and max values coming! We'll continue to tweak them regularly.

In any country, when the goverment messes with min/max prices the market suffers and the poor people of the country can't afford to buy stuff, it's true gold sellers are cancer, but what about a different aproach? i mean, you guys must leave the market be and let the invisible hand of the market do it's thing.
    As Adam Smith proposed:
    First, voluntary trades in a free market produce unintentional and widespread benefits. Second, these benefits are greater than those of a regulated, planned economy.
    Stop trying to regulate the economy and find ways to give players power to report gold sellers. in other games players can't trade, sell or buy stuff unless the character has had at least 3 days of creation and only after they make a class change. This will prevent gold sellers to just create a character and actually play the game in order to try and get some profit, making it harder for them and stopping the economy balance you are trying to pull.
    Thanks for reading if you did.

• LucasOgawaLucasOgawa Member

What about the Warp Mage's Magic Space Bullet bug?...

• Npcs need better potions aka 1.1k-1.3k heals. and does this come with starhenge having breakable boxs that give hp/mp? would be great to get a reheal before the boss fight.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

@Smoreceror So I take it that the Kaidaj helmet is now confirmed legit, and won't be nerfed? (procs 10% of boss health as dmg, only once per boss - meaning cutting 20% hp off arena encounters beyond floor 80)

I mean it wasn't as broken as the memeleaf weapons, but it's still pretty much a requirement for the higher floors atm.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

So all illegitimate top 10s will get their wings?

• MorgianaSenpaiMorgianaSenpai Member ✭✭✭

@Grievuuz said:
    @Smoreceror So I take it that the Kaidaj helmet is now confirmed legit, and won't be nerfed? (procs 10% of boss health as dmg, only once per boss - meaning cutting 20% hp off arena encounters beyond floor 80)

I mean it wasn't as broken as the memeleaf weapons, but it's still pretty much a requirement for the higher floors atm.

I would feel that the helmet is intentional to be that way however the memeleaf weapons were way overtuned as they said. So you don't have to worry about it.

• @Typicaldemon said:

@Smoreceror said:

@Typicaldemon said:

It's understandable. The issue is that it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It's difficult to justify banning for the use of Greenleafs due to the circumstance, however, the circumstance will likely be omitted when the precedence is set for "exploiting". Obviously no one hopes for another abusable mechanic to arise, but if (and when) it does, I hope to see a faster and more aggressive response. For what it's worth, wings should likely be equalized in Arena. It's already difficult to catch up in this game in terms of gearing and clear speed, but it's damn near impossible trying to catch people at Rank 1-10 with their wings.

All in all though, a solid patch. The boss soul changes and difficulty rebalancing are certainly a step in the right direction, and the addition (or reintroduction) of Kagerfeld Badges to the Arena shop is great all around, especially for F2P players. The AH changes sound good, but we'll have to wait to see those in practice to make any firm judgement.

Well with this EME is actually telling us, that if we find another exploit we can use it, cause is not our fault, is the game fault so we cant do wrong, glad to know. Now to check and see what is the exploit in Starhenge is.

Now i understand that any decision gonna be hard and maybe impossible to implement, but if you dont take action with this exploit, you cant come later(with other exploits) and try to take any kind of punitive action against the player, we have now a precedent and is a bad one.

• You guys shouldn't even put a min price, but only a maximum price.

• The best way to filter out who was taking advantage of the vine weapons is to not give out arena awards since v204 and reset the arena awards starting today, that way whoever was using them does not get a huge CR boost from the higher tier arena awards