We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

PATCH INCOMING AT 3PM PDT: V205 Patch Notes

Comments

• PCYGCLGRFEPCYGCLGRFE Member
    edited August 2017

@Smoreceror said:

@K6WGX5M35H said:
    So how about just giving everyone who didnt wanna use exploits in the arena all the first time clear rewards since tons of people who dont deserve them now have them.

We're discussing what we're doing with the first week's Arena rewards right now and will have updates soon.

As someone who didn't use any exploits. I'm kicking myself in the butt for not farming vine way and cheesing arena. Even if it was considered more of a balancing issue or whatever, it felt pretty dishonest to take advantage. I was hoping for a slightly harder stance on this issue. A lot of honest people got somewhat punished for not taking advantage of an available exploit for fear of some form of ban. I hope you'll do us justice, too. Not just a free pass to people who knew they were screwing the arena system.

Second and more importantly, Can this exp/drop rate buff please come with an RP reset?. A lot of people already used their RP for the day, so they aren't really getting any form of exp or drop rate buff from it. I'm not sure if this has been addressed already but scrolling through comments i didn't see it. Is it possible to add that in on the main post?

• is the server down yet since the launcher isn't patching yet

• about the auction house again - the fact that you completly rely 100% on your players to give feedback rly makes me wonder if the system has any chance to work on a long shot. the first min/max patch for example has set Lv60 skyship legendary weapons to 600 kred min. when you get one for free at 65... so if this wants to work, get some of your staff to actively play this game on endgame levels!!!

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

@Meowzzia84 said:
    is the server down yet since the launcher isn't patching yet

the maintance started 10 minutes ago

• @LA7NTGXCAG said:
    Stop trying to regulate the economy and find ways to give players power to report gold sellers. in other games players can't trade, sell or buy stuff unless the character has had at least 3 days of creation and only after they make a class change. This will prevent gold sellers to just create a character and actually play the game in order to try and get some profit, making it harder for them and stopping the economy balance you are trying to pull.

I agree with this idea, if economy and commerce exists in this game it's mostly for end game content anyway (lvl 60-65 gear), so why not make trading available around lvl 50 or 60? In my opinion i only started looking at AH and prices around lvl 60 when i was trying to gear up anyway, like there is no point of using trading for lvl 20 weapons for example since u lvl up quite fast for it to be worth the investment. Also scrolls and stones are mostly used to +15 late game gear, so those materials are quite important late game rather then early where a +3 is enough for most dungeons. So with that i think economy should be for the veterans and for the ones who invest time into the game. Again its my opinion, i can be wrong but if power is given to everyone then yeah stuff breaks, so why not give it to those who work for it?
    Thanks for reading and for any feedback guys.

• @Smoreceror - Any chance RP will be reset with the patch? It seems like the boosted drop rate always comes down the line after I have burned all my RP :(

• edited August 2017

@36N4N9D3GF said:
    So you basically reverted all the difficulty increase in starhenge? This is what i call casual privilege, whine about something and devs actually listen.. Meanwhile i liked the higher difficulty and i could enjoy it.. for a week while hearing everyone whine about it. Welp, back to 1 shotting bosses

I just expected this game to be harder but most of it at end game seems too easy, farming bella is a snooze fest, walk to boss, hit 5 spells, boss dead. Wait mvp screen, wait load screen. Most time is spent waiting on load screens lol

welp ill just play casually for now, cant be bothered more than daily

Lmao you're not the only player here...so dont feel so important...just because you enjoy it doesnt mean everyone does

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators

When you burned all your RP earlier today and then they posted, "we’re providing a 30 percent increase to drop rates and Danger Zone completion EXP for 24 hours!" :'(

• @PCYGCLGRFE I mean, it doesn't make sense to ban people because a mechanic they implemented was better than expected in arena. Poison mechanics are used to clear harder dungeons in many games, but this is usually balanced by resistances from bosses etc. The mistake was that anyone can poison the arena bosses 100% of the time. People aren't dishonest for using a mechanic in the game even if it was stupidly strong.

• hmm im rather impressed with how well you guys are handling the situation and i really appreciate how yall listen to the community
    I would like to say on behalf of most especially ppl who only post to criticize Thanx Alot and Keep it up!
    @Smoreceror

• BunnyBunny Member, Player Moderators

@bruggles said:
    @Smoreceror - Any chance RP will be reset with the patch? It seems like the boosted drop rate always comes down the line after I have burned all my RP :(

Yes, please! Hopefully this is granted.

• @TheFaker said:
    If they reset RP all the people that didn't farm today get screwed out of 330 extra.

Are you people dense?

Either way someone gets screwed, you get screwed out of 330, we get screwed out of the additional drop rate. Calm your tits

• @Spirea said:
    Here is my experience doing bella extreme both before and after:

Before: 1 shot all 3 rooms, takes me 20-25 seconds full run.
    After: 1 shot first room, 2 shot second room. Then I take bella to 70% then I alt tab out for 15 seconds while she does her mechanics(her "1 shot" does not actually 1 shot me". Take her to 20%, suicide from poison so I get my 1 shot ability back, alt tab for 10 secs, blow her up while she is humping her broom. Total time: 1 minute 15 seconds.

It did not get any harder, just more boring.

Funny cause it's true lol

• ExpedExped Member
    edited August 2017

@Smoreceror extend last week's arena rewards for those that got it? Don't send out this week's arena rewards, and make it seem like it's the start of last week arena again.

Side note;

Why is PvP have capped aspd with other capped stats? What did you guys do to mess up with the stats in arena. The pvp weapons doesn't even work, not even damage reduction. Like did you guys even look at that? I use to pvp with 162% attack speed. Now it's stuck at 130% like. I can't even combo, hardly OTG. Explaination ?

• @Timelined said:
    @PCYGCLGRFE I mean, it doesn't make sense to ban people because a mechanic they implemented was better than expected in arena. Poison mechanics are used to clear harder dungeons in many games, but this is usually balanced by resistances from bosses etc. The mistake was that anyone can poison the arena bosses 100% of the time. People aren't dishonest for using a mechanic in the game even if it was stupidly strong.

Things have limits. For example, the sh helmet only lets you take off 10% once per fight. Meanwhile this level 60 weapon let's you take off 100% just by hitting the boss any number of times.

• PCYGCLGRFEPCYGCLGRFE Member
    edited August 2017

@Timelined said:
    @PCYGCLGRFE I mean, it doesn't make sense to ban people because a mechanic they implemented was better than expected in arena. Poison mechanics are used to clear harder dungeons in many games, but this is usually balanced by resistances from bosses etc. The mistake was that anyone can poison the arena bosses 100% of the time. People aren't dishonest for using a mechanic in the game even if it was stupidly strong.

I mean. It is still by definition an exploit. 5 minutes with it and you can see that it wasn't exactly working properly. Maybe the correct way to phrase it, is that it was working waaaay too well. In a game like dark souls or some final fantasy, its totally cool to cheese bosses. I'm confused how people can look at cash valued rewards like kred and a ranked online environment and clear with a vineway weapon at 120k CR and not anticipate some consequences. I don't think people who cheesed arena thought about how balanced and fair it was. They mostly thought "haha this is broken, but Enmasse can't possibly ban all 30/50/70 of us. So lets all cheese this and get free stuff!"

That's mostly off-topic at this point cause my opinion means butt. Lets talk about this juicy auction house fix we've been begging for and drop rate buff.

Maybe my pile of SH gear will finally find a home Q.Q.. If nothing else i can make it cheap for a few buddies who were fresh 65's getting depressed by the low cr endgame struggle.

• @Natorious said:

@Jezabhel said:
    No mentioned fix for K-Perks and buff CR fix?

K-perks and buffs still work just not in Hubs but in dungeons

They should make so that it shows in hubs. It worked before starhenge patch so why it was "disabled". Etherforce attack also don't increase combat rating in hubs but when learning in dungeon CR increases. In dungeon my CR shows as 80K but in hubs it is 70K. When someone is looking for party members they don't care that my CR hits the mark in dungeon as long they see my CR in hub they don't invite. I can't play with big boys because I have small wee wee.

• BlastieBlastie Member
    edited August 2017

I always considered you the best publisher cause you ACTUALLY HEAR your players and you confirmed it once more. Good job EM, thank you!

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

@DAiNiROK said:

@Natorious said:

@Jezabhel said:
    No mentioned fix for K-Perks and buff CR fix?

K-perks and buffs still work just not in Hubs but in dungeons

They should make so that it shows in hubs. It worked before starhenge patch so why it was "disabled". Etherforce attack also don't increase combat rating in hubs but when learning in dungeon CR increases. In dungeon my CR shows as 80K but in hubs it is 70K. When someone is looking for party members they don't care that my CR hits the mark in dungeon as long they see my CR in hub they don't invite. I can't play with big boys because I have small wee wee.

well as i remember right this CR thing was released on the KR server with the new arena. There were releasing 2nd awakenings and you need a certain number of CR to complete the 1st quest it was 170 k cp or cr ( different scaling in KR) and people would cheese this with potions K perks and other stuff and actually have done those quest with 100 k and more.

• @Spirea said:
    Here is my experience doing bella extreme both before and after:

Before: 1 shot all 3 rooms, takes me 20-25 seconds full run.
    After: 1 shot first room, 2 shot second room. Then I take bella to 70% then I alt tab out for 15 seconds while she does her mechanics(her "1 shot" does not actually 1 shot me". Take her to 20%, suicide from poison so I get my 1 shot ability back, alt tab for 10 secs, blow her up while she is humping her broom. Total time: 1 minute 15 seconds.

It did not get any harder, just more boring.

Comment of the year... I liked this... and then i unliked it... just so i could like it again.

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭

@Smoreceror said:

@K6WGX5M35H said:
    So how about just giving everyone who didnt wanna use exploits in the arena all the first time clear rewards since tons of people who dont deserve them now have them.

We're discussing what we're doing with the first week's Arena rewards right now and will have updates soon.

One solution would be simply not give any rewards this week, that way we all get an equal start without wings difference this week.

One question about this patch - does it fix the problem with the new high tier equipment? Right now they are weaker than middle tier (enhancement gives much lower attributes than it was supposed to).

https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/2993/absurd-bug-new-high-tier-starhenge-items-weaker-than-middle-tier

• ExpedExped Member
    edited August 2017

@TheFaker said:

@Exped said:
    @Smoreceror extend last week's arena rewards for those that got it? Don't send out this week's arena rewards, and make it seem like it's the start of last week arena again.

Side note;

Why is PvP have capped aspd with other capped stats? What did you guys do to mess up with the stats in arena. The pvp weapons doesn't even work, not even damage reduction. Like did you guys even look at that? I use to pvp with 162% attack speed. Now it's stuck at 130% like. I can't even combo, hardly OTG. Explaination ?

Did you manage to get into top 3 last week?

I'm superman, almost impossible to do 120 as fast as catspaw/vamp

• It's overall a good patch, nice ! ;)

• this is great, tbh the 202 patch has put me off all my alts completely as it was too hard to find a party for SH dung with 20-30k cr and doing easy/normal didnt feel rewarding enough, but now i can see my self going back to activating my alts again :smiley:

• @TheFaker said:

@Exped said:

@TheFaker said:

@Exped said:

Side note;

Did you manage to get into top 3 last week?

I'm superman, almost impossible to do 120 as fast as catspaw/vamp

I know. I meant the week before that, before arena became class based and I got kicked out of my permanent top 3 spot haha.

Think it was me, coolgav, and you wasn't it ? I got 1:40

• @TheFaker said:
    If they reset RP all the people that didn't farm today get screwed out of 330 extra.

Are you people dense?

The people who didn't play yet won't get screwed out of anything at all since they would still not have used ANY RP. It would only give them +30% extra for the day. Its like talking about piracy losing you money when the dude wasn't ever going to buy it in the first place regardless.

• I'll still need to see how things are post patch before I feel strongly one way or another, but either way, I'm quite glad to see a hotfix instead of waiting for the next major content patch to fix things. All & all, I'm at the least optimistic. Still hoping to see accuracy just get the axe, but I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth as long as he doesn't bite my head.

• So the patch didn't reset RP. So I am going to miss out on the +30% drop rate for today.

• @36N4N9D3GF said:
    So you basically reverted all the difficulty increase in starhenge? This is what i call casual privilege, whine about something and devs actually listen.. Meanwhile i liked the higher difficulty and i could enjoy it.. for a week while hearing everyone whine about it. Welp, back to 1 shotting bosses

I just expected this game to be harder but most of it at end game seems too easy, farming bella is a snooze fest, walk to boss, hit 5 spells, boss dead. Wait mvp screen, wait load screen. Most time is spent waiting on load screens lol

welp ill just play casually for now, cant be bothered more than daily

If it's way too easy for you heres what you can do. go use no gear, or maybe clean gear, without pots or skills or anything boosting your cr/dmg etc, then you can have fun reviving. on extreme mode of course..