We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

8/4 - Community Arena Update

Comments

• @36N4N9D3GF said:
    it sucks that the vineway weapon abusers don't get banned, they deserve to. I have no idea how can someone think it's okay to get 1 easy weapon that allows them to solo the whole arena, which isn't supposed to be possible without huge cr.

These are the kind of people who think duping is okay because they're just using game mechanics..

I don't know how you can compare to using an item with an overpowered mechanic that already exists to using an exploit to replicate items. I guess you havn't read the rest of the thread or any other inputs on the subject matter. OR even the developers input on it. Just continue to tune out everything you don't want to hear.

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

Oh well arena was the lone thing i was doing in this version i guess i will have to come back in after the august patch if its really that great as it was said on the stream

• Should've just shut down the servers and rolled back the moment this crap was found out. Now the people who abused it get to lord over their crap for an entire month, or more since it's highly unlikely 70 will come anytime soon. What's worse is the people who want to rank in arena will be in a much worse state than those who didn't abuse it because now they're lacking high level gems/charms that the abusers got.

• welp time to play poe until new content comes out.

• So basically, who cleared Floor 120 with weapon abuse gets theyr 1st clear rewards, plus eventually even more 1st clear rewards from abusing it on alts, plus 300 medals. On the other side, who refused to do it gets a big Fuck Off and a few days left to attempt? I'm personally stuck on 116, like many others.

Remove weekly rewards/rankings, lower the cost to enter to like 20k-50k but DO NOT REMOVE 1ST CLEAR REWARDS.

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

well
    @Enmasse kritika by now u learned ur lesson
    first u need public test + invite hardcore player to test it before it goes live and reward them for testing even if its little reward
    second i may sound harsh here like take course from BLIZ...
    lets be honest players if that company run kritika u will get ban when u say i wanna farm vine...... banned they dont tolerate cheesing eeasy way even if it was their mistake

• @knoxxer said:

@Elysuu said:
    Am I the only one wondering what these "coins" are? Also... if you're going to basically disable the current arena for the rest of the month and then revamp it again in the end of month patch anyway, why not just give everyone all the first-time clear rewards for uncleared floors? At the least, make sure every arena floor is immune to any kind of % health damage or make sure there's some kind of % damage limit/restriction when you do re-enable the arena so we don't end up with the same problem again.

Apologies it is Bronze Champion Medals.

so you actually think the best solution for this is to fuck everyone up who didnt abuse the weapon leave the rewards for vinewayabusers
    sry but this is a nogo how is this a fair solution? how is it fair that i wont get wings since i can actually clear my Floor without the weapon?
    how do 300 bronze medals make up for it? 300 bronze medals OP the only Thing i can buy with bronze medals is EMBLEM 7777 Bronze Medals
    3 different daily boxes for BADGES SCROLLS HAMMERS, if i dont buy anything of that lets say i want that Emblem where i get 60+50 a day i only have to Play for 70 days, but if i buy the daily boxes it takes me a bit more then a year of doing this dailies.

i mean lets be real with every single fix you fuck up the non 180k+ playerbase im a bit past first legendary charm Floor i can clear about 8 more Floors till im stuck at 116 but hey doesnt matter i cant get rewards anyway since top Player abused vineway now everyone else get screwed but hey here you have 300 medals and no REWARDS for a MONTH.

great fix for the Arena i really enjoyed the read
    what im supposed to do in August grind starhenge to get a Dimensional weapon for my class? jk i Need more guns for my nonexisting mage just to take inventory space since it feels bad to salvage "ENDGAMESTUFF" to get a bunch of yellow Crystals?

im ready to read at the end of August Arena rewards have been resettet to put those who didnt abuse memeleafe further behind and those who spend 1k on the game further ahead.

You better be jking this time, is it unfair to let us get rewards by having endless trys? i think maybe 10 People on eu can past 116 due high cr req just be fair this time and give us a way to recive all rewards the ones who abused got them handed for "free, well not free worst case cenario was to kite 100scnds on a puddle of poisen)
    give me Feedback tell me i should get gud

im ready to see Arenarevamp 2.0 where you cant get past a certain Floor since you didnt abuse a lvl 60 weapon 1 month ago.
    Everyone should have the same Chance and by Chance i mean Gemboxes im not bagging to Hand them out for free but give us a minigame of kiting 2 bosses around for 100 secs giving Arena rewards, and for the sake of god dont give the ones who abused the shit out vineway more stuff.

**GREAT NEWS this time

• @3R4LM4ET57 said:

@knoxxer said:

@Elysuu said:
    Am I the only one wondering what these "coins" are? Also... if you're going to basically disable the current arena for the rest of the month and then revamp it again in the end of month patch anyway, why not just give everyone all the first-time clear rewards for uncleared floors? At the least, make sure every arena floor is immune to any kind of % health damage or make sure there's some kind of % damage limit/restriction when you do re-enable the arena so we don't end up with the same problem again.

Apologies it is Bronze Champion Medals.

so you actually think the best solution for this is to fuck everyone up who didnt abuse the weapon leave the rewards for vinewayabusers
    sry but this is a nogo how is this a fair solution? how is it fair that i wont get wings since i can actually clear my Floor without the weapon?
    how do 300 bronze medals make up for it? 300 bronze medals OP the only Thing i can buy with bronze medals is EMBLEM 7777 Bronze Medals
    3 different daily boxes for BADGES SCROLLS HAMMERS, if i dont buy anything of that lets say i want that Emblem where i get 60+50 a day i only have to Play for 70 days, but if i buy the daily boxes it takes me a bit more then a year of doing this dailies.

i mean lets be real with every single fix you fuck up the non 180k+ playerbase im a bit past first legendary charm Floor i can clear about 8 more Floors till im stuck at 116 but hey doesnt matter i cant get rewards anyway since top Player abused vineway now everyone else get screwed but hey here you have 300 medals and no REWARDS for a MONTH.

great fix for the Arena i really enjoyed the read
    what im supposed to do in August grind starhenge to get a Dimensional weapon for my class? jk i Need more guns for my nonexisting mage just to take inventory space since it feels bad to salvage "ENDGAMESTUFF" to get a bunch of yellow Crystals?

im ready to read at the end of August Arena rewards have been resettet to put those who didnt abuse memeleafe further behind and those who spend 1k on the game further ahead.

You better be jking this time, is it unfair to let us get rewards by having endless trys? i think maybe 10 People on eu can past 116 due high cr req just be fair this time and give us a way to recive all rewards the ones who abused got them handed for "free, well not free worst case cenario was to kite 100scnds on a puddle of poisen)
    give me Feedback tell me i should get gud

im ready to see Arenarevamp 2.0 where you cant get past a certain Floor since you didnt abuse a lvl 60 weapon 1 month ago.
    Everyone should have the same Chance and by Chance i mean Gemboxes im not bagging to Hand them out for free but give us a minigame of kiting 2 bosses around for 100 secs giving Arena rewards, and for the sake of god dont give the ones who abused the shit out vineway more stuff.

**GREAT NEWS this time

Did you read RyceCream's post above?

• @RyceCream
    Because kiting for 2 minutes throwing a ranged attack here and there to proc the weapon requires lots of skills right?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I never used the weapon so I don't know exactly how it is procced, but seeing people with 20k cr in top 100-10 is a clear indication that is just an hit and run kind of thing, which in my book requires very little playing skills.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

u cant kite the ranged one elf dude... hes a nightmare for classes with few iframes

• @YLKGPEW9DL said:
    Because kiting for 2 minutes throwing a ranged attack here and there to proc the weapon requires lots of skills right?
    Correct me if I'm wrong, I never used the weapon so I don't know exactly how it is procced, but seeing people with 20k cr in top 100-10 is a clear indication that is just an hit and run kind of thing, which in my book requires very little playing skills.

It depended on the class. For classes with plenty of stuns/iframes (ie vamp and catspaw) it was that easy. For classes with little to no mobility and iframes kiting for 2 minutes isn't as easy as you might expect. I first got the weapon when I was at floor 102. Ended up having to switch back to my regular gear because it was easier to try to burst them down than survive the time I would need to kill them with the poison. The weapon did help in higher floors though where I didn't have enough damage to burst them down, but even then I didn't make it past 112 because I couldn't survive that long vs petra and lylo.

• @Propitiate said:
    Pushed myself pretty hard to clear up to floor 97 for the week, finally comfortably in the top 100, and then memed by staff that my gold and effort are only worth 300 coins with nothing to show for being one of the top 5 zerkers still trying to show relevance in the arena.

I'm emotionally distraught and I need a hug :cry:

ur just in top 100 because many ppl are stuck on high floor and cant rank because need to clear one floor

• @RyceCream Thanks for taking the time to explain. I was wondering why there weren't more players at 120 during that time if it was really as easy as everyone was saying the weapon was. I hope they're not stupid enough to change the rewards completely in the arena update... because if they do that then everyone who didn't get this set of rewards will never have a chance at getting them (outside of the usual long-term grinding methods) and of course this would just remind everyone of the Greenleaf controversy at the end of the month.

• InvincibleExistenceInvincibleExistence Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

If I was you guys, then I'd reset all times and leave the people on the floors they're at. That way, all of those PLAYERS that used the greenleaf exploit can't clear 120 any longer and they'll never be able to get rewards because they don't show up on the ranking anymore unless they clear the floor they're at, at least once.

• Didn't they mention that there were 4 one time clear rewards? Each character being able to clear the tower 4 times offering different rewards and after that are just rewarded with bronze shards. Meaning that with arena reset, the players who already got this set of reward would not get it again.

• @knoxxer said:
    While the July 26 update came with a ton of great new content and features, it has also come with a a decent amount of pain, in particular for the Arena. The experience we provided wasn’t to the caliber we hoped, both in terms of bugs but also design. This has created an uneven playing ground when it comes to ranking and created some angst in the community.

To address the issues, next Tuesday 8/8 at 3pm PDT we will take an update maintenance in which will deliver 300 Bronze Champion Medals to all who participated in the arena from 8/2 to 8/9 - but no other rewards will be given for this time period. In addition, we will be temporarily disabling the cost to enter the arena, as well as eliminating the ranking and rewards for participating.

If you wish to continue to test, or experience the Arena you can, but we don’t believe the experience is good enough to provide rankings and rewards. We fully expect the rankings and rewards to come back at the end of August patch with a higher level of polish, adjusted balance adjustments for each floor, expanded access from level 1 through 65, and showing the clear time in the rankings.

We know that this hasn't been ideal, but we want to provide the best experience possible. We learned a great deal from our first major update and I intend to apply this knowledge going forward. We are quite lucky to have great development support from ALLM, but that also comes with the cost of more thorough testing before we push an update live. I hope to have more information in the coming weeks on how we hope to improve that experience.

As we get closer to the end of August we will update you with more details on how it will be improving. Thanks for your patience, and as always, your feedback.

Transparency is much appreciated, and I'm sure despite the community's mixed feelings and rage, we deeply appreciate the efforts on the continued development of Kritika here in the west, keep it up.

• NotrsNotrs Member
    edited August 2017

I had just posted an innocuous criticism to EME's update and it just poofed.

Something about setting a precedent and how players react to "too good to be true" situations in the future.

Unbelievable. Bye EME.

• @Redicecream said:

@YLKGPEW9DL said:

It depended on the class. For classes with plenty of stuns/iframes (ie vamp and catspaw) it was that easy. For classes with little to no mobility and iframes kiting for 2 minutes isn't as easy as you might expect. I first got the weapon when I was at floor 102. Ended up having to switch back to my regular gear because it was easier to try to burst them down than survive the time I would need to kill them with the poison. The weapon did help in higher floors though where I didn't have enough damage to burst them down, but even then I didn't make it past 112 because I couldn't survive that long vs petra and lylo.

depending on the class you Play you are either bad or your class isnt that great for Arena wg zerk

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

@Myrias said:

There are still people out there, WHO CANT PATCH 206!!!!!!!!
    Launcher always rolls the game back to 203, game version error, repair error, unable to determine version, etc.
    Im getting sick of trying to play.

Either I cant, or I can but with stronger mobs (shields still up), bugged weapons (vine insta crashes when dungeon loads, or equipped) and market manager fails to list items (can only list t7 at 5000 cred, not 2500).

Im not sure if that insta crashing could potentially even be used to roll back characters, allowing real DUPES... But apparently, you can patch your game locally to be DIFFERENT than anybody else´s!

My patcher is still stuck at 203 for some magical reason... No reinstall, repair, port forwarding, different install folders fixes this issue... I can only play with a broken version if i manually change version.txt to point to current number.

• @Myrias said:
    @Myrias said:

There are still people out there, WHO CANT PATCH 206!!!!!!!!
    Launcher always rolls the game back to 203, game version error, repair error, unable to determine version, etc.
    Im getting sick of trying to play.

Either I cant, or I can but with stronger mobs (shields still up), bugged weapons (vine insta crashes when dungeon loads, or equipped) and market manager fails to list items (can only list t7 at 5000 cred, not 2500).

Im not sure if that insta crashing could potentially even be used to roll back characters, allowing real DUPES... But apparently, you can patch your game locally to be DIFFERENT than anybody else´s!

My patcher is still stuck at 203 for some magical reason... No reinstall, repair, port forwarding, different install folders fixes this issue... I can only play with a broken version if i manually change version.txt to point to current number.

Sad to read that, i know is a beta, but still the game is getting so bad for some ppl, guess is time to check others games from the moment, hope you guys can have some fun still.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

@ecchiless said:
    Sad to read that, i know is a beta, but still the game is getting so bad for some ppl, guess is time to check others games from the moment, hope you guys can have some fun still.

Update:
    Got it to work for real this time. So i can play normally, but every time i close the game, the launcher doesnt recognize the version and will destroy it via repair again... At least i know which files i need to switch back...

• @Myrias You might want to try removing literally everything related to the launcher and the game from your computer (other than stuff like screenshots and recordings, or just make back-ups first) and doing a fresh install, but make sure you specify your own custom installation locations. Having the game files installed in two different locations might be what's causing the problem for you. The launcher might be randomly finding the game files between both locations when you start up the launcher, and of course this is going to cause weird conflicts. Just something for you to consider trying if it keeps happening.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

@Elysuu
    No. Problem is related to the internet connection. I used a proxy on my second machine and there the launcher immediately repaired to a working 206. Once proxy was deactivated, launcher destroyed it to 203 again.

Not sure why or whats blocking the (new?) patch servers to get through, but my game folder is a GIT repo now and i see which files change and can simply switch between versions... Good enough for me

• Heres a FUN idea, why not revert back to original vine weapon and allow those that didnt "earn/exploit" to floor 120 a chance to do so that way people cant complain about missing out.

Then once end of August patch hits everybody would be on equal grounds.

• main issue with this currently is that new players are screwed if they want badges.

• why not just leave in the first time clear rewards while you shut down the arena for a month?

• DragoKanDragoKan Member
    edited August 2017

Mmm maybe a rool back of server & patch can be better solution than do this... But too late to do this option, really a strange thing solution.... But ok better then do nothing. Just need to wait for second update then, and this time fix stuff first not after ppl abuse them so bad xD

• @Spirea said:
    IMO removing rankings and gold cost but leaving the first clear rewards sounds like the best option.

THIS

• 300 medals ... seriously ? Thats it ? Might aswell give nothing and simply type "hahaha you guys are f'ed and we don't give a sh.. oh and we are closing down the arena" would have had the same effect in the end.

Extremely disappointed to say the least.

• Not to Forget that on this gearcap the awesome charms actually do make a difference i mean 30% critdmg, the scrolls to reroll also and basicly everything they got makes a difference and all other Plays are getting closed out of catching up