We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

I guess the damage has been done.

People in my high level guild of close to 180 players all level 65 with more than 25k CR haven't even logged in for a a couple of days now. One of our highest CR players haven't logged on since the first big patch.

Making farming content more tedious was a bad move overall. You never should make content that is already out harder. Other games that I have played died when they do such a thing and the developers attempts to reverse thier mistakes too late.

Then the precedent of allowing exploits to go unpunished because it was not balanced really killed the competitive drive in some people. This same thing happened to other games as well and they died because of it.

I really like this game and I believe it will eventually make its way to Steam just like Tera has.

Comments

• Is this Halycon? Because DashAttack is alive. For some reason halycon joining my guild. If anything DashAttack has spots for 45k+ CR player so hehe

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

Not sure what you're talking about, but with the patch v205 that hit, SH is a lot easier to farm with hard mode being only 35k CR requirement to run it and actually farm it, most parties of 20-60k CR people are now farming hard as hard now provides 8 violet boss souls(can now get daily SH box every day if you farm) and a 2.0 drop rate for items/equipment. Don't just be one of those people who sit in town all day and do nothing as there are plenty of players who are again within that 20-60k range CR looking for a farm party/daily party. If parties require you to have 40k+ for their farm party just make a 20k-35k CR party and farm with them it takes time but you can at least get things done now.

• @AngryPurplePurps said:
    Not sure what you're talking about, but with the patch v205 that hit, SH is a lot easier to farm with hard mode being only 35k CR requirement to run it and actually farm it, most parties of 20-60k CR people are now farming hard as hard now provides 8 violet boss souls(can now get daily SH box every day if you farm) and a 2.0 drop rate for items/equipment. Don't just be one of those people who sit in town all day and do nothing as there are plenty of players who are again within that 20-60k range CR looking for a farm party/daily party. If parties require you to have 40k+ for their farm party just make a 20k-35k CR party and farm with them it takes time but you can at least get things done now.

He's referring more to what happened when that first patch hit, and I will say one of the hardest things for a game to achieve is getting players to return after a bad patch. Unless email alerts are going out to people that quit, most of the time people will simply go "F this game", forget about it completely and find another of the many F2P games out there to play.

A patch like v202 was not a good idea for a game so early in it's lifetime when it's fresh, new and has people starting to get into it. If I do see this game end up heading to Steam soon then I will be dropping out, because Steam is where most F2P games go to die after bad patches. It also won't help that with Steam people will be able to easily see how many players are currently on and the amount of player traffic it's been getting, which can really make or break the game's survival.

• yeah for a mmorpg is really hard to retain players ,and way harder to make players that quit comeback , the only reason ppl come back in games like kritika is new classes ,or huge content patchs

• NguyenLegendsNguyenLegends Member
    edited August 2017

@MarcusGraves said:

@AngryPurplePurps said:

He's referring more to what happened when that first patch hit, and I will say one of the hardest things for a game to achieve is getting players to return after a bad patch. Unless email alerts are going out to people that quit, most of the time people will simply go "F this game", forget about it completely and find another of the many F2P games out there to play.

A patch like v202 was not a good idea for a game so early in it's lifetime when it's fresh, new and has people starting to get into it. If I do see this game end up heading to Steam soon then I will be dropping out, because Steam is where most F2P games go to die after bad patches. It also won't help that with Steam people will be able to easily see how many players are currently on and the amount of player traffic it's been getting, which can really make or break the game's survival.

I mean this game should be succeeding where Dragon Nest and Rusty Hearts failed. Its a niche that it could over take by it self just by being on steam, but the recent big patch wasn't the right call.

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭

NSFW used to average 20-30 people on at any time. since patch we have 2 maybe 3 people on. Say what you will, but to me this says something.

• They decided to take a risk and gamble with trying to make NA completely different from other regions instead of just porting over KR patches, and they got an unlucky dice roll on that patch. We can only hope that they can make amends with future updates and not make the same mistakes again. At least they mentioned on stream that they've learned not to do something like v202 again, but I'll believe that when they prove it.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@NguyenLegends said:
    People in my high level guild of close to 180 players all level 65 with more than 25k CR haven't even logged in for a a couple of days now. One of our highest CR players haven't logged on since the first big patch.

Making farming content more tedious was a bad move overall. You never should make content that is already out harder. Other games that I have played died when they do such a thing and the developers attempts to reverse thier mistakes too late.

Then the precedent of allowing exploits to go unpunished because it was not balanced really killed the competitive drive in some people. This same thing happened to other games as well and they died because of it.

I really like this game and I believe it will eventually make its way to Steam just like Tera has.

Or it will just close servers and we will forget about it and move on to the next game. Big deal for EME who will be the ones losing money. No big deal to players who have thousands of other options.

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

We'll just have to see if they can make it right with that end of the August patch they promised us, I'm hoping for new dungeons/maps and mega bug fixes

• @Elysuu said:
    They decided to take a risk and gamble with trying to make NA completely different from other regions instead of just porting over KR patches, and they got an unlucky dice roll on that patch. We can only hope that they can make amends with future updates and not make the same mistakes again. At least they mentioned on stream that they've learned not to do something like v202 again, but I'll believe that when they prove it.

Not gonna happen. It's pretty clear they have no testers whatsoever when you look at the first emergency fix for vine. Bugs will pop up constantly as they mess around with the code. It wasn't even an obscure scenario. All they had to do was literally equip one and see if it's changed.

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

@Vesporax said:

@Elysuu said:
    They decided to take a risk and gamble with trying to make NA completely different from other regions instead of just porting over KR patches, and they got an unlucky dice roll on that patch. We can only hope that they can make amends with future updates and not make the same mistakes again. At least they mentioned on stream that they've learned not to do something like v202 again, but I'll believe that when they prove it.

Not gonna happen. It's pretty clear they have no testers whatsoever when you look at the first emergency fix for vine. Bugs will pop up constantly as they mess around with the code. It wasn't even an obscure scenario. All they had to do was literally equip one and see if it's changed.

it was a complete blind fix , change this tweak this and here we go and boom nothing changed

many company cannot hire real experienced players to test their game .but does it hurt or make them less respected publisher if they invite some players from here ? like make test server
    ya this path will cause a leak to what gonna come next ofc the tester will leak information with his friend/ guild and its gonna spread but in the same time the game will get greater experience gaming its not 1 player but many player will have different report and opinion and let the dev+ publisher decide

like in v202 man poor berserker poor icemage poor wolf guardian i feel their pain why is this happening ? because there was no test by real player experience

• RaksuraRaksura Member
    edited August 2017

@Nopi said:
    No big deal to players who have thousands of other options.

Do you know many other MMO brawlers that are not heavily pay to win, do not force PVP on their players and feature a similar upgrade system (i.e. no risk of going backward when upgrading)? I am very interested, because otherwise, it appears to me my number of options is in the single digits, and is more precisely pretty much limited to this game. So yeah, them seemingly not caring about this game is a big deal to me.

• @AngryPurplePurps said:

Could Solo any map within 1 and 2 minutes on old extreme with my WG at 70-80k CR. Now I'm near 150k and hard takes as long if not longer than old Extreme, with roughly the same rewards as old extreme.
    Note that I got double the CR and way more Accuracy / element bonus since then. I usually do normal solo on my main cause I can't be bothered wasting my time on maps I've done 20 billion times and don't need extra boss souls, and leave hard for alts if I really really need boss souls and if I can do the dailies in a party. Doing anything that's not bella on high difficulty is, as of right now, a huge ass waste of time. Especially MoW and MoA with RNG damage reduction and RNG blue drones and all that. Can't really make it faster with skill and experience, since it just happens and it's beyond the player's control.

Last week's patch made SH doable again, but those CR requirements are pretty weird. The only difference is that old extreme bosses used to hit harder than current hard, but in terms on how much HP and how fast they go down, current hard has a lot more than old extreme. Probably even normal has more HP than old extreme lol.

• most of my friends took a break from the game the second they removed arena rewards thanks to memeleaf. lots of people went to path of exile for their new content also.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@Raksura said:

@Nopi said:
    No big deal to players who have thousands of other options.

Do you know many other MMO brawlers that are not heavily pay to win, do not force PVP on their players and feature a similar upgrade system (i.e. no risk of going backward when upgrading)? I am very interested, because otherwise, it appears to me my number of options is in the single digits, and is more precisely pretty much limited to this game. So yeah, them seemingly not caring about this game is a big deal to me.

Do you only play "MMO brawlers that are not heavily pay to win, do not force PVP on their players and feature a similar upgrade system (i.e. no risk of going backward when upgrading)?" If the answer is yes, then it will be a huge deal to you. If you can play other kinds of mmos, or other genres in gaming, then there's a lot of options out there.

I think I'm rather picky about what I play. I don't play every game out there. Yet I don't feel it will be too big of an issue if Kritika NA just pulled the plug. Heck, I could even get me an Android emulator and try to play the mobile version, or go to the SEA version as others have stated. There are options out there.

Now don't get me wrong. I do not want Kritika NA to fail. But if those handling it do a poor job, then they deserve what they get.

• Turning into some Nexon tier shenanigans.

• @Larfreeze said:
    Turning into some Nexon tier shenanigans.

Talking about nexon, how good/bad is icarus?

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@ecchiless said:

@Larfreeze said:

Pretty much your average Nexon experience.

• @Nopi said:

@ecchiless said:

@Larfreeze said:

xDD, so gonna play again POE then, but to be honest im willing to play/give a chance to icarus or first assault, big fan of gits, maybe go back to tera to kill time waiting for ddon new season.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

@ecchiless said:

@Nopi said:

@ecchiless said:

@Larfreeze said:

xDD, so gonna play again POE then, but to be honest im willing to play/give a chance to icarus or first assault, big fan of gits, maybe go back to tera to kill time waiting for ddon new season.

I've lost my faith on the mmo genre in general. I just play a bit, then move on to either other games or other activities altogether. Guess I'm burnt out already. Doesn't help that I'm at an older age for gaming and my skills are far from what they used to be, and I wasn't THAT good on my peak anyway. So yeah. I now see cash grabs everywhere. :p

Edit: Grammar!

• @Nopi said:

@ecchiless said:

@Nopi said:

@ecchiless said:

@Larfreeze said:

I've lost my faith on the mmo genre in general. I just play a bit, then move on to either other games or other activities altogether. Guess I'm burnt out already. Doesn't help that I'm at an older age for gaming and my skills are far from what they used to be, and I wasn't THAT good on my peak anyway. So yeah. I now see cash grabs everywhere. :p

Edit: Grammar!

Well DDON is not really that bad, you dont need to expend money to get the best stuff, the lvlup is not bad neither, you actually can lvlup and learn your class, playing with pawns or friends is fun, you also have Grand Missions where you can make a pt of 8 players. Combat is pretty good, not as fast as tera, but still good, craft system is also nice, grind is not bad, the only cons i can think is that you need to lvlup all the classes to certain lvls to get use of the BO tree.

• @Nopi I'm a bit long in the tooth for these shenanigans myself, but I still bounce around various online titles all the same. It does get exhausting seeing the same mistakes being made by different studios over and over again.

The real problem I tend to have is the issue of recommendation; I can count on one hand how many MMOs I can genuinely recommend to others without caveat or disclaimer. I really wish that number was higher, because I've played a LOT of MMOs, and have come away from each mostly poorer and little else.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@LordTorstein said:
    @Nopi I'm a bit long in the tooth for these shenanigans myself, but I still bounce around various online titles all the same. It does get exhausting seeing the same mistakes being made by different studios over and over again.

The real problem I tend to have is the issue of recommendation; I can count on one hand how many MMOs I can genuinely recommend to others without caveat or disclaimer. I really wish that number was higher, because I've played a LOT of MMOs, and have come away from each mostly poorer and little else.

I can't recommend any without having a 'but' or 'expect this' on them. Though that's mostly because I know not everyone's into the same thing. Now as you say, it's sometimes baffling to see different companies falling into the same mistakes. Maybe they think they won't fail where others did. Who knows. They still end up slamming the floor in the exact same place others did. Sure, they are humans and we all make mistakes. But we are also capable of learning from the mistakes of others as well, which reason is why I usually wonder, what were they thinking...

• Have you guys tried Warframe? It has a pretty much perfect business model, far from everything else I've seen in a MMO. It's kind of a mix between brawler and shooter, with a rather ingenious customization system.

I wish there were actual brawler MMOs with that kind of business model. I had hopes for something close when I took a look at Kritika, but them having destroyed the economy (as well as the fact that not everything can be bought for kred) seriously ruined any chance of it. Oh, and I have never seen any goldseller on Warframe.

• Warframe was, for the most part, phenomenal, and presented perhaps the best f2p business model I've seen. PoE was another. I haven't played either in over a year, though.

• @LordTorstein said:
    Warframe was, for the most part, phenomenal, and presented perhaps the best f2p business model I've seen. PoE was another. I haven't played either in over a year, though.

WF has a gigantic update coming in September with the highlight of it being they finally add an open world area for people to mess around in, and the archwing being usable as well to get around the map.

WF also has the hilarious side effect of a game that attracts people that were disappointed by other games. Didn't like Destiny (or what you see in Des 2 coming)? go play WF, Didn't like The Division? go play WF, didn't like any other kind of looter/shooter type game? march on over to WF.