We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Can you guys get rid of the minimum values in AH please?

Can't sell any of my SH gears when there are 3 pages filled with them at minimum prices. Literally doesn't deter kred or gold sellers but is making it a pain for legit players to trade gear to a friend through the AH (while getting hit by the fee) and to purchase or sell gear.

This sort of communism has to be implemented and perfected somewhat at the on set like in BDO. Also note that the lack of gold or kred sellers MEANS THE GAME IS DYING most of the time.

Comments

• Let me sell my crap for 1000 or even 500 kred please.

• 1 kred pls

• @SupremeTentacle said:
    1 kred pls

Can't do that. The house takes 20 kred no matter what.

• edited August 2017

That's the point. Remove that garbo.

There's no reason to tax a CASH CURRENCY in the first place. Like honestly, this is almost as bad as if they added taxes in the in game EMP store. "This costume set costs 995, but general sales tax bumps it up to 1150. Have a nice day!"

Fucking bullshit.

• Also with my example in Black Desert Online. It works in that game because you can AFK and do nothing and still make in game currency while you have to physically kill stuff in this game to make any currency what so ever. The communism in BDO is actually benefiting most of the player base since thier way of obtaining currency is much easier.

• Someone pointed out an example (@Laikennus) in another thread where the minimum price is relevant. It does need to be lower though, but not completely removed. Also, the new auction doesn't always take 20 kred minimum in the tax. I've sold a bunch of things for 20 kred in the new auction and it only taxes 10 kred when you sell for 20.

• DownIoadDownIoad Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

@NguyenLegends said:
    Also note that the lack of gold or kred sellers MEANS THE GAME IS DYING most of the time.

As someone that came from an essentially dead game (Vindictus), I disagree with this.

Since its launch around 6 years ago, it has had bots selling gold every single day 24/7.

As for the AH min prices, I think the minimum price helps the bots make more money tbh. If there was no minimum then players and bots compete for lowest prices, giving players a chance to beat out bots. Instead, you have players and bots ALL listing minimum prices.

But whatever, they think limiting everything to 65 actually helps lol...

• NguyenLegendsNguyenLegends Member
    edited August 2017

@DownIoad said:

@NguyenLegends said:
    Also note that the lack of gold or kred sellers MEANS THE GAME IS DYING most of the time.

As someone that came from an essentially dead game (Vindictus), I disagree with this.

Since its launch around 6 years ago, it has had bots selling gold every single day 24/7.

As for the AH min prices, I think the minimum price helps the bots make more money tbh. If there was no minimum then players and bots compete for lowest prices, giving players a chance to beat out bots. Instead, you have players and bots ALL listing minimum prices.

But whatever, they think limiting everything to 65 actually helps lol...

Well I did say most of the time and not all ways. You found that gold sellers were still selling in Vindictus which would mean someone is at least buying from them still even if its small minority or the game is easy to operate in.

@NguyenLegends said:
    Well I did say most of the time and not all ways. You found that gold sellers were still selling in Vindictus which would mean someone is at least buying from them still even if its small minority or the game is easy to operate in.

Sad but true.

• @Elysuu said:
    Someone pointed out an example (@Laikennus) in another thread where the minimum price is relevant. It does need to be lower though, but not completely removed. Also, the new auction doesn't always take 20 kred minimum in the tax. I've sold a bunch of things for 20 kred in the new auction and it only taxes 10 kred when you sell for 20.

I saw what he posted. It is still punishing the playerbase cause a couple gold sellers. They could have used the same system in Tera and ban gold sellers aggressively.

• If they're gonna put such high minimum, then they better put ways to actually farm kred instead of being a 1 time thing. Gear is an infinite resource, the whales supplying kred aren't.

• LaikennusLaikennus Member
    edited August 2017

Unfortunately you guys are better off assuming they will not remove the minimum price and think of other ways to be able to sell your stuff. One way is suggesting the prices that should be adjusted, as they asked. I made a thread to get all suggestions in one place. You can just put that there are many ppl trying to sell that item for 2500 kreds and are unable to sell it, making it obvious that the min price should be lower

• edited August 2017

The problem is that them not responding immediately to the minimum price changes is only going to cause item values to plummet further. The longer they take, the more items people are going to stockpile and hence the lower the price will plummet once the min is changed. It's extremely difficult to resolve the current situation without an extremely low minimum price given both eme's response time and the fact that some starhenge equips are completely useless.

Like seriously, who in their right mind would actually go out of their way to purchase the spirit run pants? They're literally garbage.

• Perhaps they can keep the maximum prices static, while making the minimum prices automatically adjust itself based on certain conditions. The minimum price can be a certain percentage of the maximum price. Just an example:

Condition A: If there are any listings set at the minimum price and there have been no sales at the minimum price for X amount of days, set the minimum price to Y% of maximum price (e.g. drop the previous minimum price by some %).
    Condition B: If there have been no listings set at the minimum price for X amount of days and there have been recent sales for the item above the minimum price within X amount of days, set the minimum price to be the cost of the lowest recent sale.
    Condition C: Neither Condition A nor Condition B happened, so keep the current minimum and maximum prices.

• @Elysuu said:
    Perhaps they can keep the maximum prices static, while making the minimum prices automatically adjust itself based on certain conditions. The minimum price can be a certain percentage of the maximum price. Just an example:

Condition A: If there are any listings set at the minimum price and there have been no sales at the minimum price for X amount of days, set the minimum price to Y% of maximum price (e.g. drop the previous minimum price by some %).
    Condition B: If there have been no listings set at the minimum price for X amount of days and there have been recent sales for the item above the minimum price within X amount of days, set the minimum price to be the cost of the lowest recent sale.
    Condition C: Neither Condition A nor Condition B happened, so keep the current minimum and maximum prices.

Condition A is probably going to create a new shitstorm that will be used by goldsellers or naughty players to bump the price to something ridiculous, because they got moneh. If each price adjustment takes days, does that mean if someone makes the price to go ridiculously maximum high, will it take like 1 year to return to the low price?

Similarly for condition B, there is always those super rich people that can buy anything even if the price is like 10k kred each. In the end the so called lowest sale price is still going to be high because of those minority super rich people.

By definition, an auction is used to allow players to sell items through biddings. Players with higher bid should win the item. With such a high minimum price, forget about bidding...everyone are trying to sell things at the lowest price because nobody wants to buy them. With the current system, the seller has no control over the price. Its like the seller has to beg other players to buy their stuff. There shouldnt be a minimum price in the first place.

According to EME,
    "Added min/max values for certain listings to help prevent abuse from goldsellers. These min/max values are set automatically. Due to the large quantity of items we may find it necessary to adjust items min/max prices. As always please provide your feedback."

bullsht...why add a minimum price when all they have to do is make equipment bought from auction untradable?

@Laikennus said:
    I made a thread to get all suggestions in one place.

Yeah thats useless and a waste of your effort and time.

• LaikennusLaikennus Member
    edited August 2017

@Elysuu said:
    Perhaps they can keep the maximum prices static, while making the minimum prices automatically adjust itself based on certain conditions. The minimum price can be a certain percentage of the maximum price. Just an example:

I also think these kind of automatic adjustments are the way to go because it combat gold sellers while letting the prices be adjusted by offer / demand. The only problem here is if they will have the motivation to do that system

@DownIoad said:

@Laikennus said:
    I made a thread to get all suggestions in one place.

Yeah thats useless and a waste of your effort and time.

I won't deny that possibility. But that's the best chance we got because they asked us to give feedback. That's why I'm using my time and effort on that. If they ignore I will refrain from doing these things in the future.(doing what they ask)

• @Elysuu said:
    Someone pointed out an example (@Laikennus) in another thread where the minimum price is relevant. It does need to be lower though, but not completely removed. Also, the new auction doesn't always take 20 kred minimum in the tax. I've sold a bunch of things for 20 kred in the new auction and it only taxes 10 kred when you sell for 20.

A bit late to the party. This is because you have Elite Status. Elite Status reduces auction house fees by 50%.

• @9GALY9PMMY That's what the huge sales tax is for. Rich people attempting to control the market by buying out everything will end up losing a ton of money. I've also thought of the same scenario you mentioned, and it realistically shouldn't happen because people will be required to actually buy the overpriced items for the minimum price to increase. If no one buys the overpriced items, the minimum price won't increase. I think the only way for the rich to control the market in this way is for the rich to collaboratively buy and sell between each other (e.g. Person A buys out everything and sets everything at max price, Person B buys out everything set at max price). Even in this scenario, the other key restriction is the number of days they set for the prices to change. If even a single listing sells for less than what the rich are trying to fix the price at within X days (e.g. any sales at the current minimum price, which should happen often), the minimum price won't adjust. This means that for the rich to fix the prices at the static maximum price, they would have to camp the market for at least two price adjustment cycles and hope that not a single person lists anything below the maximum price by the end of the second cycle, otherwise they will have to start camping again from square one. Additionally, any rich players trying to collaborate on this would end up losing a ton of currency due to the high tax, and they would end up selling at a huge loss which further discourages this kind of market control. This automatic price adjustment system would also need to be combined with a system I briefly discussed with Laikennus in another thread: "force players to only be able to buy the cheapest listing first".

@Minarinn No. I don't have elite status. If you get some random trash item and just register it on the market for 20 kred, it literally tells you how much will be deducted from your sale in the market window before you confirm the listing (it will show a 10 kred deduction).

• @Vesporax said:
    If they're gonna put such high minimum, then they better put ways to actually farm kred instead of being a 1 time thing. Gear is an infinite resource, the whales supplying kred aren't.

My comparisons with Black Desert Online fits with this. BDO has price ranges on items listed in thier marketplace just like we do now, but theirs update in real time and very quickly. They also have a system in place where you can create currency by AFK fishing and with your trading empire so silver can be an infinite resource to compete with infinite items. The market price ceilings means that you will eventually be able to get your items most of the time.

• Agree please remove min prices so we can sell for our own cheap price. This is really killing auction and should be removed +1