We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

I know I made a tons of thread being super critical of Kritika. Lets highlight some good points.

First off the enchantment system is really generous. This is what I really like about it. You pretty much keep all your progress unlike most other games in its genre where your items gets destroyed pass a certain point. You can enhance transfer which is really neat and the regression of one level is really forgiving, or you can bypass that with a bit of kred. This is the best thing going for this game other than its combat system.

Secondly, the pets and costumes. You can get decent pets from just red boss souls or violet boss souls and you can RNG for costume pieces that also give the same stats as the paid versions. Also the fact that pet food isn't gated behind a hideous paywall.

Comments

• Letting us get the amount of reappraisal scrolls that we can a day is REALLY nice. Recalculation is much harder to come by sadly, but I do appreciate the amount of scrolls they let us get daily.

• LMAO

3 f*cking small sentences of good points, whole paragraphs of bad points divided into severals threads ! Don't tell me it's not sarcastic plz

• @ElynciaS said:
    LMAO

3 f*cking small sentences of good points, whole paragraphs of bad points divided into severals threads ! Don't tell me it's not sarcastic plz

I dunno, most satisfied customers dont come to your door to tell you how good their experience is as opposed to dissatisfied customers who are more than willing to paste their ass on your forehead.

• The new patch is the best to happend to the game right now, so lets highlight that info!!!

It should be obvious, but for some ppl who dont get it i let this here /s

• YamazukiYamazuki Member, Pre-CBT Tester

The enchantment system is actually fairly normal for games released in NA recently. The whole you degrade or it breaks is from older games.

To be honest, the only thing that's done differently on Kritika than elsewhere in modern times as a norm. would be the enchantment transfers. Some games have something similar but for the norm it seems games still rely on having people start over completely every time as an artificial way to extend the patch.

• @Yamazuki said:
    The enchantment system is actually fairly normal for games released in NA recently. The whole you degrade or it breaks is from older games.

To be honest, the only thing that's done differently on Kritika than elsewhere in modern times as a norm. would be the enchantment transfers. Some games have something similar but for the norm it seems games still rely on having people start over completely every time as an artificial way to extend the patch.

Most games that I know of have item breaking or regression like Black Desert Online, Elsword and Dragon nest.

• TheFeederTheFeeder Member ✭✭

There are hundreds of highlights that I can name Here are some really good ones:

• No lockboxes. Yet.

Credit where credit is due.

• @Yamazuki said:

So... huh... can you give a single example of another brawler MMO with such a "no breaking on upgrades" system?

• @Raksura said:

So... huh... can you give a single example of another brawler MMO with such a "no breaking on upgrades" system?

The big issue with that question is that no Western or European company has really tackled this particular genre; this means that the entirety of genre conventions are coming from a Korean development bubble, and so opportunities for revision or replacement in core systems and mechanics are considered staples instead of room for improvement. This doesn't present proof-positive that risk of equipment breakage during enhancement or massive resource sinks and RNG grindwalls are particularly good ways to retain and grow a playerbase; in fact, if you look at some of the gradual changes that DFO, Elsword, Dragon Nest, and [this] have made in response to mounting playerbase exasperation expressed regarding these game elements, we can at least suspect that SOP progression models for these increasingly dated titles fails in the long run.

It would be interesting to see a "brawling MMO" handled by a larger, possibly western company; I'm not saying it would necessarily be better, but it would at least provide something to contrast with. Perhaps the issue at hand is that all of the competition between these games is effectively internal, and maybe outside innovation might give this genre a long-overdue and needed kick in the pants. Perhaps not.