Kritika servers are back up, and you should be able to freely enter the game. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

December 2017 Development Roadmap

One of our original goals with Kritika Online was to do our best to provide transparency to you, the community, about upcoming updates. We're hoping that these Development Roadmap posts accomplish exactly that! If you missed our latest update, you can check it out here.

This is a brief outline of content that's currently planned for December!

DECEMBER 2017

• Holiday decorations for town hubs.
  • As requested by players, we are introducing a per-class Arena ranking systems!
  • Fishing! An in-town activity with various rewards for awesome anglers.
  • PvP Revision: This is going to be a big one. Basically, if PvP is your thing, we want that to be a viable way to progress in Kritika Online.
  1. PvP Matching Overhaul: We are improving in-game matchmaking to pair players of similar skill levels.
  2. Damage Calibration Recalculation: Changing up how low-level players and high-level players deal damage against each other in PvP matches.
  3. New Rewards! We want PvP to be a rewarding, worthwhile activity. To make that happen, we are adding new rewards!
  4. PvP Equipment Evolution—all sorts of new gear, optimized for PvP.

UPDATE 10/27/2017: We've got some more details! Get the full update here: https://kritika.enmasse.com/news/posts/update-to-the-development-roadmap-update

• [DELAYED] 2v2 Mode In PvP
  • PvE-Focused Balancing For Multiple Classes (Wolf Guardian And Fire Lord At Least)
  • Region Boss Stage: Abelard And The Golem. Similar To Shattered Table, This Will Add New Gear And New Evolutions
  • Arena Renewal. The Arena Will Be Reset, With A New Set Of Rewards!
  • Fractured Memories Is Being Extended To 170 Challenge Levels, With New Rewards Past 150

UPDATE 12/1/2017: New updates to the roadmap! https://kritika.enmasse.com/news/posts/what-s-next-for-kritika-v600-update

• Holiday decorations for town hubs.
  • As requested by players, we are introducing a per-class Arena ranking systems!
  • Fishing! An in-town activity with various rewards for awesome anglers.
  • PvP Revision: This is going to be a big one. Basically, if PvP is your thing, we want that to be a viable way to progress in Kritika Online.
  • PvP Matching Overhaul: We are improving in-game matchmaking to pair players of similar skill levels.
  • Damage Calibration Recalculation: Changing up how low-level players and high-level players deal damage against each other in PvP matches.
  • New Rewards! We want PvP to be a rewarding, worthwhile activity. To make that happen, we are adding new rewards!
  • PvP Equipment Evolution—all sorts of new gear, optimized for PvP.
  • We are adding a new acquisition method for Ghostly Scales via the Shattered Table.
  • We are adding artifact evolution on some artifacts.
  • We have increased equipment drop rates from Starhenge.

Comments

• Lomy97Lomy97 Member
    edited October 2017

@Smoreceror said:

• PvP Revision: This is going to be a big one.

Well it is a big one, but is it the way you expected?
    In just the not even 2 days since this was released, many good players, patient players, have left for other servers/games. I bet you could even tell the downward spike once this was put out.
    It's a big one, indeed.. even after all these months spent preparing for psion, sucking up every problem, mistranslation and bug... now I'm even close to leaving.

Why did you remove so much endgame gear from the dungeons we have? So many endgame dungeons? So many even lower level dungeons that would have just added more things to do? Why do we not get anything new for PvE until February(or later), with dozens of unreleased dungeons left in the 65 cap alone?

Edit: Ok the new changes are pretty good, we did need the arena reset, and Abelard/Golem was a good tough dungeon. I still question what happened to the other 25 dungeons, but.. well, hopefully this means we're getting level 70 sooner than other versions.

• Every time you add a new class, there will be a lot of problems in PvP. Classes are extremely unbalanced even on SEA servers. Class ranking and damage scaling is one thing, but they should really check those classes topping the PvE/PvP arena charts. I only see a few wolf guardian player in top 100 PvE arena, and they need to have much higher CR than other classes to get that high.
    Currently, I don't have the motivation to do any PvP.

Please define progress.... Because if its PvE progress you're killing this game... PvE and PvP should be two different things i don't want to do dungeons with a 300k CR PvP player cuz i know for sure he is gonna drag me down i prefer a whale than a PvP player in PvE....

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

so basically we get t9 gloves, armor and legs ?

• Arena reset is good news. Hope the rewards aren't gutted tho.

• PvE-Focused Balancing For Multiple Classes (Wolf Guardian And Fire Lord At Least)

This is the best news for me as a WG, hope you update the skills tooltips as well , totally excited for December update now.

• LilirukoLiliruko Member, KOL

OMG, buffs for WG, gimme it already

• Hey development team are you going to add the imprint system after the noblia update in the future?

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭
    edited November 2017

Damage Calibration Recalculation: Changing up how low-level players and high-level players deal damage against each other in PvP matches.

What does that mean? I hope you're not doing it wrong, because I already often get beaten by players who have SIGNIFICANTLY lower CR and SR in pvp. Sometimes it feels like all my stats, my cr and sr just don't exist in pvp, like today I got beaten by guy who has 12k sr and 21k cr when I have 25k sr and 106k cr. My whole idea from the start was to grind and develop my character just to be stronger in pvp. Such losses agains 20-50k cr laggy abusing ultras players are heartbreaking to me. So I hope this damage calibration recalculation means that players with lower stats that are barely able to beat starhenge on hard difficulty won't be able to beat much more developed characters in pvp so easily.

• @Lomy97 said:

@Smoreceror said:

• PvP Revision: This is going to be a big one.

Well it is a big one, but is it the way you expected?
    In just the not even 2 days since this was released, many good players, patient players, have left for other servers/games. I bet you could even tell the downward spike once this was put out.
    It's a big one, indeed.. even after all these months spent preparing for psion, sucking up every problem, mistranslation and bug... now I'm even close to leaving.

Why did you remove so much endgame gear from the dungeons we have? So many endgame dungeons? So many even lower level dungeons that would have just added more things to do? Why do we not get anything new for PvE until February(or later), with dozens of unreleased dungeons left in the 65 cap alone?

Edit: Ok the new changes are pretty good, we did need the arena reset, and Abelard/Golem was a good tough dungeon. I still question what happened to the other 25 dungeons, but.. well, hopefully this means we're getting level 70 sooner than other versions.

Entire Golden Port Hub Area removed - Check.
    Ultimate Mode for those new(not really) 4 Xanadu lvl 65 Dungeons Not planed/Removed -Check.
    Clockwork Challenge mode Hub Area removed/Not planed - Check.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

They keep adding higher and higher PVE stuff, but have yet to address the WALL new players face. heck, they even took away that SH quest event that allowed new 65's to at least gear at a somewhat decent pace. With that event quest you could at least make a piece or 2 of gear a week. Without it it takes 15 days of dailies roughly for new players to make one piece of gear.I dont understand why keep adding higher end PVE stuff when most people are still not even capable of running ST without a carry.

Here is an idea. Scrap this new harder than ST dungeon and stick Golden Port in instead. It makes so much more sense. Or is the idea to just keep adding higher and higher CR dungeons til no one but Whales and nolife/day one payers can do them? I would like to be able to play the game and not have to pay people to run me through content.

• knoxxerknoxxer Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff, Pre-CBT Tester admin

Quick update from the development of the 2v2 PvP Feature. We need to move this one out of December to the TBD land. We had hoped to make it in along with the other PvP changes but the work was too much to do it right. We going to evaluate our changes in December for PvP then revisit timing for it.

• TheFeederTheFeeder Member ✭✭

@Smoreceror said:

PLEASE fix / buff psion damage. It is way too low for endgame compared to classes like doomblade/assassin

• MCNDP66RNNMCNDP66RNN Member, KOL ✭✭

Region Boss Stage - This dungeon drops the glove, chest and legs?

• Is there going to be a Christmas pack that includes: costume, pet, elite status, weapon skin, etc? If so, that would be awesome. I wasn't a huge fan of the Elite Templar Set, on thing i care for was the dragon pet but I'm not planning on buying it.