We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Need help to decide

Hi! I started the game like a week ago, and I cant decide that shadow mage or berserker would be better main class. What do you think guys?

Comments

• WolfSanityWolfSanity Member, KOL
    edited November 2017

The Berserker isn't that bad if you plan on doing just PvE later down the road, to make it short.
    I've never played a SM yet, so I don't exactly know his capabilities.
    I'd still recommend the SM as a main over Berserker any day of the week since zerk is a pretty tough one to play as if you're still starting out.

• I need a not easy, cool looking class. The only problem I have with the SM is that he looks like a gay stylist.

• If character name is not super important to you make both and get to lvl x with both and keep playing the one you like more... watch some yt videos etc...

• @64PXEX575E said:
    Hi! I started the game like a week ago, and I cant decide that shadow mage or berserker would be better main class. What do you think guys?

If you wanna try hard I think zerker if not either is fine but sm is much more useful in party play and fractured memories.

• Please write cons and pros for each one

• @64PXEX575E said:
    Please write cons and pros for each one

Shadow mage pros: Wraithstrike in party = party loves u
    zerker cons: Using skills in party moves bosses outta skills party hates you.

• WolfSanityWolfSanity Member, KOL
    edited November 2017

Berserker;

Pros: Very easy to use at first, brute strength and face-tanking attacks is really all you need to do from 15-45ish. Can be a very useful shield in parties and can easily corner-trap bosses or gather mobs with quite a few of his skills.

Cons: When you get past that brute strength and face-tanking stage, it gets a bit more complicated and difficult as bosses and small mobs will start to do massive damage to you, so you can't go all-out any more.
    (which is what the Berserker does best ^, basically, massive con)
    Most of the time, you'll just interfere with your parties attacks and end up pushing the mobs out of the way of their skills, parties don't often like zerks (especially new ones) because of this.
    Zerks are known to be weaker than most classes in PvP, if you're only going the PvE route, you won't need to worry about this.

Hope my bit of info helped, I've never played a SM, so I can't list the pros and cons for that.

• And what if I often play solo?

• Shadowmage is probably better if you're soloing. It is much lower maintenance as well. You get a lot of hidden CR in Dark Tide removing resistances. Gun Fu is an incredible skill. Spectre hits like a truck. I'd say the only real negative about the class is some of the skills have really weird aiming (goes where the character is facing not the camera) even if you are in FPS mode. The demon and its animations can mess up your flow too.

Can't really compare it to the zerker never played one. I've watched a few streams and they look pretty fun if you like that warrior playstyle. However, they appear to be quite underpowered in late game pve/Arena.