We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Firelord rework in December?

I just thought for a start I'd finally post on the forums about whats bothered me a little bit on Fire Lord and the changes he'll be getting. I was wondering if anyone somewhat knew what he'd get as changes, if there just simple buffs or drastic shifts of skills, I would love to know. I also would love to hear what everyone else thinks about Fire Lord, whether you play him differently from me, or don't even play him at all. If you could; what would you change about him? Frankly me personally I love this class down to the bone, the only thing I would want to change is some kind of buggy feelings with him(Hit detection/collision, Meteor fist, stuff not really connecting well like Fiery tantrum at times) but I also wish to see what others think about him(Since I haven't really ever talked to anyone about him in general!)

To sum it up briefly; I love his charge system his Energized end lag cancel, his grapples, massive damage spikes, his counter, his ultra and his ultra break. I'm not going over everything either, just stuff I feel is worth bringing up or stuff I love personally.

Over-Energize(Charge)
This is my favorite part of him. From holding charges to spending them, to the crit damage it gives, the ultra it grants and the endlag it gets rid of. I love all of the charge skills(Even Fiery Smite, which seems to be looked at as useless but I still love it myself), They bounce off eachother and feel very connected. The reason why I bring it up, is because I think they're changing how this skill works(Not sure how, but I've seen videos of Fire Lords holding their gauntlet then releasing a charge instead of withholding charges)

BURST DAMAGE
I think this is the most appealing part to him, he has some amazing burst in 3-4 skills. Fiery Tantrum deals a lot of damage and feels nice to land, Detonate is ridiculously strong, Meteor fist feels nice to execute and can deal a lot of damage if it lands fully, Fiery Counter is absurd but so good. So dang good. He feels so unbelievably good when you land those massive cooldown big hitters. It also feels VERY bad when you miss them.

FIRE
I love it. I love fire. Give me fire and I'm happy. I love Explosive, destructive characters and nothing quite compares to punching dudes with fire. Theres just something to it that makes me so happy whenever I play classes like these in games. His skills feel so destructive and explosive yet so simple, and thats what I love about him

KIT
Again, I love how his skills bounce off eachother due to Over-Energize. Spending charges while trying to maintain them, getting more by simply hitting an enemy with an ability grants more charges to spend on other abilities. I love how it all connects and interacts with eachother just by having the ability for even a useless ability to grant you "resources" back. I like Uppercut, Fiery Smite, Detonate, Tremor Strike, and even Volcano(To a certain extent), and how all the non-charge abilities can grant charges back EX; Even boompunch a sadly "useless" skill can be useful if you want it to be.

BUGS/RAMBLING

Of course I dislike all his bugs. Meteor fist just not really functioning right all the time, to in the arena how your Fire Slam grab works, or even how Enhanced Uppercut flies through them and feels awful, to Fiery Tantrum just.. being off at times where you'll miss a grab for no reason besides the fact they somehow escaped your grasp(even though you clearly landed it) but thats about it on that department. How does everyone like or dislike about Fire Lord? Not many talk about him. I'd like to see what others think of him, or know about his future in terms of reworks and anything else(I can't seem to find anything besides super old videos).

Comments

• It amuses me how FL goes completely against his archetype (brawler that just punches sh*t) by being the only class that requires precision when pressing buttons. Compare it to catspaw, the other supposedly unarmed melee fighter class, being one of the most forgiving if not the most forgiving class in the game. The only other class that requires you to pay some attention (more than FL) is assassin, but that's mostly cause 90% of her skillset has weird hitboxes that make no sense when paired with their visual effect and what area it makes you think they should hit but don't.

I think it's a fine class in pve, other than early leveling being terrible especially when game just came out (some bosses like ilya with ultra bar were a nightmare for a lv 30ish firelord) the endgame is fine.

The only thing I don't like is the right click charge, it's a huge momentum killer. What I'd improve is make certain skills give you one charge that you can then use up for other skills that require a charge without constantly needing to right click mid fight, similar to vamp and blood, or berserker and rage. Yeah you get used to it but still it's the main gameplay reason why I'm not gearing my FL seriously (120k cr alt atm). Outside of detonate, all you use your charges on is fillers anyway.

I'd also lower Volcano CD by 15-20sec and put an added effect on fiery counter's awakening that cuts 2 sec CD off per level. Then I'd make Fiery Smite require one charge to do max damage, because as of right now, that skill is just detrimental. It'd still be bad because of the forward motion it gives you forcing you to take steps back before using it to get full damage, since everything else is a lot more close ranged so you always end up close to the boss. Opening with it can get you killed very easily so you can't even use it for that.

Boom punch is "underrated", you can use it to tank stuff. Of course there's no place for it in a fully damage oriented build (and everything in kritika is fully damage oriented) but hey, that's its intended purpose imo, it's just not needed with the current content.

• Henry148Henry148 Member

@Schiz @RaukLee As far as I know, when imprint come out, there will be a glyph that reduces the charges necessary for Fiery Smite to do dmg down to 1 charges.

In my opinion, Boom Punch just doesn't do that good dmg when max, even when Awakened it, it does the same dmg as a none Awakened ( + CHARGED) Uppercut. But that's for PvE.

I love Boom Punch in PvP, that's how I juggle ppl in PvP. Also, I don't know why, but it appears that they change the dmg of Boom Punch in PvP so it matches the dmg of a fully lv and Awakened Uppercut (<3 it)

Other than that, I agree with you guys, Firelord is just a great class. It disciplines your playstyle so much that even if you make a single mistake (Either in PvP or PvE), you are going to get punished heavily.

Cheers,
    Henry148

• RaukLeeRaukLee Member, KOL

@Henry148 @Schiz Wow. My whole response got deleted v.v Well thanks for the insight on both, I agree on the Boompunch completely, it has its uses although I didn't know about the damage in PvP. Thats a pipe dream for PvE.. q.q

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

@Schiz said:
    It amuses me how FL goes completely against his archetype (brawler that just punches sh*t) by being the only class that requires precision when pressing buttons. Compare it to catspaw, the other supposedly unarmed melee fighter class, being one of the most forgiving if not the most forgiving class in the game. The only other class that requires you to pay some attention (more than FL) is assassin, but that's mostly cause 90% of her skillset has weird hitboxes that make no sense when paired with their visual effect and what area it makes you think they should hit but don't.

>

Of all things you compare it to catspaw, which probably require even more precision than firelord, almost every cat's ability needs to be aimed and hitboxes are really small compared to others.
    Say it's doomblade, zerker or psion who don't require any precision.

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭

What is lag cancel, give me a example.