We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Titan feedback megathread

Hello everyone! With the recent changes to the Bella helmet not instantly killing the Titan bosses arms and head, the encounter has become a lot harder. I know there are a lot of opinions on this and I think it would be valuable if everyone could give their feedback. I know it's an abrupt and hard change that seems unfair to those of you who need items from this dungeon and that the 200k CR requirement is not reasonable. Please make your opinion heard about topics like I just mentioned and how we can go to making the encounter reasonable.

Comments

• Stop trying to make this game Dark Souls difficulty level.

• DownIoadDownIoad Member ✭✭✭

Revert the changes? What about the massive population of players who didn't benifit from the way it was before and are now stuck with this.

I hate these flip flop decisions. Indecisive is the word that best describes our dev team currently and its always the high CR players who benifit while the low CR players trying to improve themselves get walled constantly. Dafuq is that. And the best part is the high Cr players claiming all the rewards like FM. There is such greed in the player base and dev team it is sickineing.

/rant

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

300K is not reasonable, have you fight that fucking 3rd boss? Let's say if it wasn't for fucking dps check on every boss, probably.

Edit: Put 5 mins for rage time and maybe.

• NAWAXEYNR5NAWAXEYNR5 Member ✭✭

this is not the bug fix we asked for

edited January 2018

Now you need a geared party to clear titan, LUL. Gonna try get that gloves with 2 entries per week, better gear more alts.

• From what I understand, many players are frustrated at the long-term grind based on RNG in order to become geared. At the moment I do see why players feel like it is difficult and very grind-y for new/lower CR players (Below 200k CR range) to gain a consistent or substantial progress towards their gear. Many aspects in the game require you to sink gold and other resources for moderate to small to even no progression depending on RNG. I believe this is what frustrates the playerbase; players want to be able to feel like they can make significant progress and have a better chance against the top CR bracket of players. An example would be Fractured memories, where the high CR players capitalize the top rewards. ~100k CR and below are forced to stick to lower tier rewards while the 300k+ can keep getting the top rewards (like Kred). An idea would to make CR brackets for fractured memories to promote more skill and fair competition. (For example, split the leaderboards by 5k - 50k, 51k - 100k, 101k - 200k, 201k - 300k, etc.)

However, we'll stick to Titan. Bella hat's property allowed players with the 1% chance of bring the boss's health down to 10%, once. As a player, when it comes to gear, you should choose between low risk / low reward vs. high risk / high reward (in terms of the way this game seems to be built). 1% should be a very rare chance. Same way rare loot should be a rare drop.

Part of me feels the player base's out-lash is a bit much, seeing how the one of the hardest dungeons in the game are no longer 'consistent one shot'. It should also be noted you shouldn't be able to get the top gear in the game by paying a few million gold pieces and being lucky while the guy who worked on his character for 6+ months, gearing it daily, still has to work for that gear by carrying themselves. I feel a good amount of players might be a bit conceited, being upset that they lost their ability to cheat past the grind/lower tier gear - instead of slowly building up like other players have.

Overall, it may seem that the game still needs balancing in several aspects (Economy, Bugs, Difficulty, Gear, etc). To be fair, the game release from beta not too long ago. We shouldn't be too surprised with needing to tweak multiple things and possible mistakes being made. Not to mention all the bugs like Warp Mage Magic Bullet bug. I believe Enmasse needs to put more focus onto how exactly it wants its players to progress in the game that feels challenging but also rewarding at the same time. Critically analyze what they already have in the game and what effects would new implementations make. Learn what changes need to be made to make the game challenging, but fair and satisfying to the players. In the meantime, the playerbase needs to focus on learning more about the game and what they can do to progress in the game. If you focus on how to get better and keep at it, you will eventually become better.

• @XeroSypher said:
    I completely understand these dungeons are supposed to be difficult, and that completion in party is what it's aimed towards encouraging. However, in practicality considering how many players have already benefited from pre-patch, and where many of them stand now, it's just seems poorly thought out. Titan is much more difficult than Abalard dungeon is, even in a party with growing players who don't have thermal weapons, or pieces for the set, that already feel like are almost impossible to get to drop, fighting over-tuned room 3 and dealing with the poorly designed or executed cannon fight (cannons don't register when fired for a lot of players). Titan randomly turns around and can't be damaged as intended for hand cannons anyway, which is a dead run. And you've basically locked out any player who had hopes to gear up with friends through getting carried or buying sell runs. If you intend for players to be able to play together and challenge content, you might want to scale content appropriately. Take groups of non thermal weapon players in groups of 4 in what is obtainable at their grinding level so tier 7-10 starhenge gear within the 290-320k CR range assuming they're all charmed and gem'd up something nice, and you'll find they still will have a lot more trouble than the dungeon says it is. "Cake for you" is a slap in the face for 400k+ CR players that can't get passed room 3 without a death or triggering berserk mechanic, let alone fight the titan since due to the janky cannon response time when firing leaves you with around 1 minute on average to take out the hand cannons (that aren't always hittable by the way, the light up, take no damage, and phase is over). Hand swinging phases eat up 30-40 seconds alone and rarely give you a pattern that is viable for your time limit even in a group. If your'e going to strip the only advantage players had at lower CR levels which is bella helm, balance the titan defense mechanics. It shouldn't take 4 people their entire skill pool to kill 1 hand, only to have it regen or have timer run out. Without the use of Dev items, thermal weapon, or set items, has your team tried clearing Titan?

Again, I have no problem with extremely difficult content, as long as it plays as advertised. This is not a 200k CR dungeon, and you've already allowed a relatively large chunk of the in game population to benefit from being able to use equipment that helped them get to a point other players will not be able to obtain. If your goal was to stop making it easier for people to sell runs, you've just made it so only full geared players can sell, and now they can charge a premium on it. Which is their right. they're putting in the work, they can charge what they deem their services worth. Revert the change, and look into balancing the dungeon appropriately. Remove the bella helm after there's been an intelligent redesign of the dungeon fight and the mechanics through out, post an ACCURATE gauge for it's difficulty, and stop making knee jerk decisions. This is just as misguided as the Starhenge revamp you guys did where my entire group and many other players quit when you implemented Hyper Bosses and giving so many enemies Super shields and absurd amounts of HP and defenses. Your heart is in the right place, and I get your'e trying to balance and satisfy a rough player base, but your heads are clearly somewhere else not appropriate to say publicly without offending someone.

I'm rooting for you guys, but this feels like pre-Beta mass exodus again. I don't think you can afford that a 2nd time.

Good post, fully agree with you here.

• DiabelliaDiabellia Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

have @Smoreceror do this fight solo at the recommended CR or revert this. Seems fair. If they can't do their own content, why ask the players to?

Its is starting to become VERY clear that the direction they are taking NA Kritika is a mess and a bad idea. People wanted the game "A little harder than SEA". They took that the wrong way and completely went overboard. I think it is super funny that they cant even run their own content.

Oh and why is ALL the new content on EX? Why not at least add a "Normal or Hard" level? Should everyone other than whales and day 1 players just keep running Bella 24/7 and play floormat for the new EX content or is there a gameplan here? As far as I can see, the gameplan seems to be alienate a good 90% of the playerbase to milk the other 10%.

People might be a little overreacting here, but keep in mind, this is the bed EME decided to lie in. They started this silliness with the SH patch and every since that patch they havent toned it down, but taken it farther and farther. Watch the Livestream of this patch, they couldnt even run the new content with what was it? 10,000,000 CR? Its like they have no idea what they are doing at this point.

Sure, the titan bella hat alone isnt a huge deal (though REALLY annoying), but when you pile this on to the other insane choices they have made with our version...it is starting to become very clear the direction they are taking this game and it is very sad. They dont seem to want a fun game everyone can enjoy and play. They seem to want a broken game 5% of the playerbase can do and focus on milking them dry.

• It's pretty clear what players think about it, there's no mixed toughts about it. We are talking about how the dungeons are crazy insane since it come to pts but everything we said was for nothing and we didn't even had a good feedback for all we said. I wish the only problem here was the way people need to endure to reach 200-300k cr, but if you guys can't aknowledge the real problems, this kinda of conversation have no value at all because in the end the game will never change.
    Look at the forum, the reactions are not only because we can't one shot titan using bella hat anymore, but the sum of several bad choices and things that doesn't work, or dont' help, the game at all, and even so people endure the bad changes because they love the game. Whoever expecting people will endure this forever is really naive, and if this kinda of thing continue more people will be angry and more people will quit the game.

I totally agree with what Download said, the dev team is always too indecisive with their decisions, for me it's look like they are not sure what they doing, if that's the case i don't understand why those things don't come to open public to players decide with dev team what would be better for the game, a simple question could have prevented this scenario. But it always like this, "our feedback matters", but nothing changes unless it is profitable for EME. So what's the real deal here? What we need to do to EME at least hear us?

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭

@Diabellia said:
    People might be a little overreacting here, but keep in mind, this is the bed EME decided to lie in. They started this silliness with the SH patch and every since that patch they havent toned it down, but taken it farther and farther. Watch the Livestream of this patch, they couldnt even run the new content with what was it? 10,000,000 CR? Its like they have no idea what they are doing at this point.

Sure, the titan bella hat alone isnt a huge deal (though REALLY annoying), but when you pile this on to the other insane choices they have made with our version...it is starting to become very clear the direction they are taking this game and it is very sad. They dont seem to want a fun game everyone can enjoy and play. They seem to want a broken game 5% of the playerbase can do and focus on milking them dry.

I have to agree here. I rage quit when they decided to make SH ridiculous for new players AFTER they let everyone farm it for several months. Then I came back and saw the ST patch, the dungeon was even more ridiculous. Then they add Abelard and Titan that are even more ridiculous. I am not sure where they are going with this versiob of this game. I played the SEA version for a long time and always enjoyed it. It might have been a little easy, but I will take a little easy over "broken stupid hard mega speed sliding SH monsters with a shield and even more broken and overpowered ST, Abelard and Titan". This game just isnt built for the difficulty they are trying to achieve.

Dark Souls is difficult but fair, this is just annoying. There is nothing fair about the way they are tuning stuff in our version. And if somehow we find a way to win against this broken bosses, they just nerf US.

• WLKE4E45GCWLKE4E45GC Member, KOL

increase the time the head stays down by 1 second and we are good

@WLKE4E45GC said:
    increase the time the head stays down by 1 second and we are good

Are you able to do hands, if yes, solo or part of 2-4 ?

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

i am going off topic here and talk about general mess and what is happening

they are doing content difficulty based on the item u get within the dungeon they will never based it on the cr like come on ST+ Titan share the same cr rec and i think ppl can tell titan is nowhere near 200k cr rec, u need more + tons of elements damage too eme just stop fooling people with cr rec

then u have this disgusting RNG incoming in the recent patch they need us to have it easy while getting the new gear is nearly impossible how can people progress? idk how

i understand new gear is op is massive jump but in other hand u have till march till new content is coming , ok the gear is not supposed to be handed in gold plate ya sure but dont make it nearly impossible to get it

they forgot the glorious days in kritika because the end game used to have fail safe then they release dimension RNG heavy wall + masive buff+ speed hack in sh dung i guess half of the playerbase quit at that time and they fixed it after 2 week

then ST end gear game hidden somewhere in the RNG wall with 2 chance a week and ppl start to quit again because some people are not getting end gear for weeks and to be honest in my opinion ST gear have decent drop rate

then FM aka lag fiesta content ,and when u have players reporting why do i get lag or fps drop the answer is pls can u tell me ur spec or run eme diag like plsssss when some 1 report u with 6k $ PC i dont think his pc is problem ur game is the problem

then we have this abelard + titan update shoving the end gear (weapon) in selector box with abysmal drop rate and semi abysmal gear drop rate with no fail safe again
    and call it a good patch day ppl start quitting again due abysmal drop rate + extreme difficult to these dungeon

let me talk about the fixes in this game

v200 when player report the problem it get fixed in 3days-1 week

then it became slower
    now u need to wait for the next update to fix drop rate or bug and some bugs is not fixed yet for months or simply go to the middle ground between eme and the players satisfaction u see where this is going? later wait till next year maybe ? but i wont let it go when temp accent can be combined it didnt take them 48 H to fix it that was hell of a fast fix

i am not gonna talk about the cash shop evolution in this game and why people are quitting because of it its just pain to explain i dont wanna see ur future cash shop and how it gonna be later

and then this today patch which is just bad man they disabled the bella hat but they didnt revamp the dungeon and how it supposed to be like any other server (nerf the players) i still can carry and no dung buff will stop me here but i am still mad about it , because all u did is nerf the players again while not fixing ur stuff to begin with

want me to talk about arena ? nah, arena in shell with eme +allm is they never get it well they need to mess it up on every level from time attack to 1 shoted to 90% damage reduction to 50 floor of facerolling

PTS? is the most fail pts by far from any game that have pts server limited ultimate dungeon run cant test well limited option waste of time to just properly test it
    we didnt have the chance to test the drop rate and here we go fail to drop the weapon ? cya next week failed again ? next week failed again ............. till the player loose hope

• G3Y5PW6H5FG3Y5PW6H5F Member
    edited January 2018

@2EndLifes4u said:

i am going off topic here and talk about general mess and what is happening

they are doing content difficulty based on the item u get within the dungeon they will never based it on the cr like come on ST+ Titan share the same cr rec and i think ppl can tell titan is nowhere near 200k cr rec, u need more + tons of elements damage too eme just stop fooling people with cr rec

then u have this disgusting RNG incoming in the recent patch they need us to have it easy while getting the new gear is nearly impossible how can people progress? idk how

i understand new gear is op is massive jump but in other hand u have till march till new content is coming , ok the gear is not supposed to be handed in gold plate ya sure but dont make it nearly impossible to get it

they forgot the glorious days in kritika because the end game used to have fail safe then they release dimension RNG heavy wall + masive buff+ speed hack in sh dung i guess half of the playerbase quit at that time and they fixed it after 2 week

then ST end gear game hidden somewhere in the RNG wall with 2 chance a week and ppl start to quit again because some people are not getting end gear for weeks and to be honest in my opinion ST gear have decent drop rate

then FM aka lag fiesta content ,and when u have players reporting why do i get lag or fps drop the answer is pls can u tell me ur spec or run eme diag like plsssss when some 1 report u with 6k $ PC i dont think his pc is problem ur game is the problem

then we have this abelard + titan update shoving the end gear (weapon) in selector box with abysmal drop rate and semi abysmal gear drop rate with no fail safe again
    and call it a good patch day ppl start quitting again due abysmal drop rate + extreme difficult to these dungeon

let me talk about the fixes in this game

v200 when player report the problem it get fixed in 3days-1 week

then it became slower
    now u need to wait for the next update to fix drop rate or bug and some bugs is not fixed yet for months or simply go to the middle ground between eme and the players satisfaction u see where this is going? later wait till next year maybe ? but i wont let it go when temp accent can be combined it didnt take them 48 H to fix it that was hell of a fast fix

i am not gonna talk about the cash shop evolution in this game and why people are quitting because of it its just pain to explain i dont wanna see ur future cash shop and how it gonna be later

and then this today patch which is just bad man they disabled the bella hat but they didnt revamp the dungeon and how it supposed to be like any other server (nerf the players) i still can carry and no dung buff will stop me here but i am still mad about it , because all u did is nerf the players again while not fixing ur stuff to begin with

want me to talk about arena ? nah, arena in shell with eme +allm is they never get it well they need to mess it up on every level from time attack to 1 shoted to 90% damage reduction to 50 floor of facerolling

PTS? is the most fail pts by far from any game that have pts server limited ultimate dungeon run cant test well limited option waste of time to just properly test it
    we didnt have the chance to test the drop rate and here we go fail to drop the weapon ? cya next week failed again ? next week failed again ............. till the player loose hope

Some people already have 2, even 3 Abelard weapons. So it's not impossible. You just haven't gotten it yet.

• I tried today titan, i killed it but only with brute force make only cannons part than hit boss (im at 530k cr db and it took 4 resurection) coz if u try make it as its must be u just dont have time for it, if u lucky u spent 1-1:30 min for cannons and then arond 30 sec waiting for one hand down to the ground and u cant kill it in one attempt, so 2 hand around 2+min and thats it than boss enraged. I rly hope they will revert their change coz atm its unplayable.

edited January 2018

I know lots of more ppl that are running 7-14 chars every week than ppl with the actual weapon. From the ppl that I started playing with or trading, only one got the weapon.

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

@Diabellia said:

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

Some people already have 2, even 3 Abelard weapons. So it's not impossible. You just haven't gotten it yet.

Some people won the lottery. Some people won it a couple times. Should we base the minimum wage off that? The game is taking an awful turn to p2w and alienating most of the playerbase. I am asking you an honest question here. Do you think the state of the game and the direction the are taking is a good one for the game and for the overall future?

the state of the game is horrible just like it was in august-september oh talking about lottery i attempt 140 abelard so 28 a week we are in the fifth i didnt see the therm box yet FeelsGood

@2EndLifes4u said:

@Diabellia said:

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

Some people won the lottery. Some people won it a couple times. Should we base the minimum wage off that? The game is taking an awful turn to p2w and alienating most of the playerbase. I am asking you an honest question here. Do you think the state of the game and the direction the are taking is a good one for the game and for the overall future?

the state of the game is horrible just like it was in august-september oh talking about lottery i attempt 140 abelard so 28 a week we are in the fifth i didnt see the therm box yet FeelsGood

buy more lootboxes. It makes you happy! Lootboxes make joy and good game time!

/s

• @Diabellia said:

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

Yes I do. All you guys want to do is make the game more casual.

When it was casual.

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

@Diabellia said:

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

You act like you are doing something hard and not casual. All you do in this game is casual, repetitive grind. Grind Bella, to Grind Xanadu, to grind ST, to grind Abelard, to grind Titan. Everything in this game is based around repetitive grind. Grind for gear, blow through content. When is the last time you spent more than 5 minutes or a couple revives on a map? Either you have the CR to blow through the content or you dont. There is no skill in this. You either overgear that crap out of this version of the game or you grind Bella. There is no in between. You idiots acting like you are curing AIDS by running the same dungeons on 20 alts all day every day make me laugh.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

They "fixed" this just like they "fixed" earrings. But of course the bug where titan turns around still happens.
    P.S GJ making the absolute best charms right now buy-able with cash, while still nearly impossible to get normally.

edited January 2018

@Spirea said:
    They "fixed" this just like they "fixed" earrings. But of course the bug where titan turns around still happens.
    P.S GJ making the absolute best charms right now buy-able with cash, while still nearly impossible to get normally.

this is my favorite part:

"Players can no longer one-shot Titan's hands using the hat item from Bella's Manor. We are continuing to discuss the difficulty of this encounter and will be looking into further changes in later updates."

so they can nerf the hat without any thought to what that will do right off the bat, but they need more time and discussion to decide if the fight needs fixing. Nerfs come instantly, fixes come months later.

As a fellow WG I am still beyond bitter about the earring nerf and the subsequent "some WG skills increased by 10-15% damage". What a total laugh. A class that totally relied on the earring gets like a 99.9999% nerf then a 10% buff? lol. Rock on EME

• issmissm Member, KOL

Remove all entry restrictions while keeping drop rate the same. Hell, boost drop rate on Abelard.

It's not like this crap is easy to run in the first place, and then we can only go in twice a week? Sod off.

• @Diabellia said:

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

@Diabellia said:

@G3Y5PW6H5F said:

You act like you are doing something hard and not casual. All you do in this game is casual, repetitive grind. Grind Bella, to Grind Xanadu, to grind ST, to grind Abelard, to grind Titan. Everything in this game is based around repetitive grind. Grind for gear, blow through content. When is the last time you spent more than 5 minutes or a couple revives on a map? Either you have the CR to blow through the content or you dont. There is no skill in this. You either overgear that crap out of this version of the game or you grind Bella. There is no in between. You idiots acting like you are curing AIDS by running the same dungeons on 20 alts all day every day make me laugh.

So go play another game if your feelings are hurt this bad? I told you I feel the drop rate is fine, a bunch of people on the server have it already, some even 2 of them, so that alone shows it's not "impossible" like you said it is.

@Diabellia said:

@Spirea said:

this is my favorite part:

"Players can no longer one-shot Titan's hands using the hat item from Bella's Manor. We are continuing to discuss the difficulty of this encounter and will be looking into further changes in later updates."

so they can nerf the hat without any thought to what that will do right off the bat, but they need more time and discussion to decide if the fight needs fixing. Nerfs come instantly, fixes come months later.

As a fellow WG I am still beyond bitter about the earring nerf and the subsequent "some WG skills increased by 10-15% damage". What a total laugh. A class that totally relied on the earring gets like a 99.9999% nerf then a 10% buff? lol. Rock on EME

Earring fix wasn't a nerf, it was a fix. Just because your class relied on it doesn't mean it was a nerf? It got fixed to it's corrected value, you just got too used to it when it was broken.

Seems to me youre mad about everything since it doesn't go your way.

• F5C5YNF6NDF5C5YNF6ND Member, KOL

Letting rng weapon drop deciding arena ranking is a total slap to players who are playing this game from day 1. What was the use of grinding every single day? when everything in the end you need is rng drop to win. The dungeons are out for over 5 weeks already and yet there was no fix for drop rate. Now many players who do not own weapon has no hope on the 1st season of arena no matter how much time they have spent on the game. The game now is becoming more relied on rng and whaling instead of skills or hard work. Very disappointed as I thought eme as a very good company before who will never go that direction for their games.