We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

Arena buffed or not?

The Arena feels more difficult to me. Despite gaining 15,000 attack power from item buffs I felt like I hit like a wet noodle. However, others have said it feels the same to them (but that doesn't make sense to me because if you gained 15,000 attack power it should be much easier). How will this be going forward? I see three scenarios; Arena is buffed and not reset, Arena is buffed and reset, or Arena is unchanged. The first one will probably cause lots of salt and rage quitting because pre-patch times will be very hard to beat. The second seems unlikely to me since I doubt they want to give us first clear rewards three times in 42 days, and the last option is going to leave every class hitting like for a bazillion with 15,000+ AP and imprints probably creating multiple ties of 1s, 2s, or 3s times. The first tiebreaker is a pretty big joke too, and who knows what the second tiebreaker is.

It looks like a possible train wreck is about to happen. Maybe the item buffs and possible Arena buffs do not go through to live and they are saved for Feb reset/patch?

Comments

• YavanaYavana Member
    edited January 2018

I guess none of these happened and the boss randomly lost 750m~ HP lol maybe partial credit on scenario three?

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

I have 3 chars with Nura/Dimensional accss, and they are killing the last arena boss faster without almost none increase in CR after patch.

edited January 2018

2 sec tomorrow maybe? (I have a shit computer btw)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=oQcL-N_m12E&feature=youtu.be

Think ppl with thermalar will just need one skill to kill it.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

That looks like a 1 minute+ kill, apparently with the arena nerf they also changed how the timer works, the timer starts as soon as you enter.

edited January 2018

OH, lul

EDIT: Hum, I think I did samething on Wednesday, and my time is 5 sec. Are you sure?

Well, see that tomorrow.

• I think the timer is when you move or use a skill -- or there is a 3 second runoff like the old Arena had.

edited January 2018

Thinking better, I did the same shit with FL, it is still when you dmg the boss. Unless they changed sometime after the patch when I already had done Arena with them.

• Well, I 1 hit the boss before it moved yesterday and I was still 3s. Literally, Bella'd it.

Hum, I remember how I killed him with FL, I did the 3 charges - Bonus dmg buff - 3 charges again, bait the stomp, lava before the cast of the stomp was done, volcano as he leaps. While he is in lava, he is more slow to do an type of action, I waited for his dive to fiery counter and detonate for the kill.

This took more then 7 seconds for sure.

edited January 2018

Seems it is not really after dmging the boss, but I didn't remember killing him in 5 sec. Kind funny everybody 5 seconds on Top 10 but Yavana.

It is still a bad change during Arena without no reset.

• YavanaYavana Member
    edited January 2018

I think it is capped at 5s. Maybe it is an anti-cheat measurement? Or the timer doesn't end until after the MVP animation which felt like 4-5 seconds. I have no idea what they did. All I know is the boss went from like 1.1-1.2b HP to about 350m-ish. I can kill it in 00.01, 1.00, or 2.00 and my time will not move. Hopefully, we get some kind of clarity and/or fix before the season ends. I'm 100% sure it isn't on entry because people can wait for DG proc and still get very low times just nothing can go below 5s for some reason.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

After some testing, 5 seconds is the quickest regardless of how fast you get (after patch), meaning the arena NEEDS to be changed/fixed before the season is over.