We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

February 22 Hot Fix: Arena Adjustments

edited March 2018 in Patch Notes

UPDATE: We are aware that Arena issues were not correctly fixed during this downtime. We will be applying the fix during the live server March update (timing to be announced soon). We are also investigating compensating players who were tied at one second and lost their position due to the ranking bug. We will have exact timing available for compensation and a full fix soon. Thank you for your patience!

We'll be going into maintenance mode today at 2 p.m. PST to deploy a hotfix for Kritika Online. This hotfix will address several arena issues. As a temporary measure, the re-try button has been removed as it was related to several of the Arena issues that players have been experiencing. Here's a rundown on what's changing with today's hotfix:

• The Arena re-try button is being removed temporarily while we troubleshoot some of the bugs around it.
  • First time clear rewards for Arena rewards should be functioning correctly again.
  • An issue causing clear time and dates to be overwritten when re-challenging the Arena should no longer occur.
  • Thermalar weapons weren't always dealing a fixed percent of opponent HP, as intended. This has been fixed.

Please note, we have more fixes and improvements for Arena coming in March. Our hope with these changes is that they alleviate some issues players are facing in the meantime. We expect to be back online within an hour!

Comments

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭
    edited February 2018

was thermalar doing too much or too less dmg?

also

wheres the 1 shot fix?

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

So therm getting a nerf from my understanding? I still haven't gotten my hands on therm so those who already did got to abuse it in RD...thanks guys thanks, what a great fair advantage players who have RNG on their side get....

• MPonderMPonder Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

This Arena has no need for thermalar, 1 sec even with Epic skyship, nothing wrong about it fixing it now, and it is just arena. I'd be mad if they did something about FM though.

EDIT: Nvm, I read wrong, expect as that shadow mage thing on middle season.

edited February 2018

You know, I faceroll abelard since first week, and no Thermalar drop yet, and gonna get it when it is nerfed?

• How do you even come to conclude "nerf'd" from "Thermalar weapons weren't always dealing a fixed percent of opponent HP, as intended. This has been fixed." Even at the intended percentages, it's still OP. Regardless, why would it matter if you got it before or after being fixed? Unless you have a time machine, you're not getting anything out of the weeks that you didn't have it.

• BeFrostBeFrost Member ✭✭

lmfao you do not need thermalar to 1 sec arena some people just like to cry

• Actual arena results will be wiped?

• @SoftWord said:
    Actual arena results will be wiped?

unlikely

• Without this trick, to be a hacker ... vindom+artifackt.
    I kill the arena 50 oneshot too. i dont need a bug to kill him so .(without vindom , without thermal )
    i play without hacking and the patchnotes are correckt . many people ( me too ) dont get the rewards from arena after clearing... so there fix that.

mfg . łnaktiv

und myrias ? viele leute beschweren sich über eure gilde ^^ weil niemand niemanden hilft . macht euch nen kopf ma darum .. ne gilde steht für zusammenhalt ... aber is net mein bier , ich wollt dich nur ma drauf hinweisen^^

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

I never once cried about needing therm to 1 shot in arena, I 1 shot in arena with kholdar, I'm talking about RD.

@AngryPurplePurps said:
    I never once cried about needing therm to 1 shot in arena, I 1 shot in arena with kholdar, I'm talking about RD.

RD is?

• MasterGeneralBMasterGeneralB Member, KOL
    edited February 2018

Why didn't you guys HOTFIX the major issue with Arena... the fact that top 100 people have 1 sec time because its so ridiculously easy. The old arena may have been convoluted and difficult but at least everyone plus their friends (who don't even play the game) did't have 1sec arena times. Especially now when its a matter of being a login-ninja and being first to play arena guarantees first place arena. FIX YOUR SHIT.

I mentioned this was gonna happen even before the major update that gave everyone god-tier damage. I explicitly told a dev this would happen, clearly en masse dev's rather see the game turn to shit.

But you know... you guys prioritize, lets leave arena as a broke piece of crap and focus on disabling the restart button, because THAT'S important. Thats like staring at a car that's on fire and deciding to re-detail the bumper.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

1 second arena so easy, a caveman can do it. (Or in this case, a WG with no weapon)

• Why was the retry button removed temporarily now? The window for the kind of exploit involving it has passed now it's just an inconvenience.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

@knight6 said:
    Why was the retry button removed temporarily now? The window for the kind of exploit involving it has passed now it's just an inconvenience.

Probably to calm down higher-ups, stake- & shareholders and investors...

• NAWAXEYNR5NAWAXEYNR5 Member ✭✭

hmmm I was ranked 3rd 15 min clear after reset then went in yesterday and die to collect the daily medals. checked today. ranked 12. but still 1 second. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• RomanHolidayRomanHoliday Member, Player Moderators mod

"An issue causing clear time and dates to be overwritten when re-challenging the Arena should no longer occur." This is currently not working. Any who are concerned with their ranks please refrain from entering. They are aware of this and are investigating.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

as said, wont play arena on main the next 31 days... risk too high to loose rank :/

edited February 2018

Not gonna stay without doing arena, that's +1500 medals lol

• KonishiKonishi Member
    edited February 2018

@knight6 said:
    Why was the retry button removed temporarily now? The window for the kind of exploit involving it has passed now it's just an inconvenience.

In some floors under certain circuntaces if you use retry you get stuck on the floor forever. I have 3 characters who are stuck in different floors because of that.

• KinhuHKinhuH Member, KOL
    edited February 2018

My cat with 100k CR clear the 50th, this is insane. Fix it pls