We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

why no optimazation

can we please stop getting the 2fps spikes i log in a 6am and the game is literally unplayable due to the immence lag dont know if its from server of pc starup
to be clear my pc doesnt do that

Comments

• 4TFHGWT9MN4TFHGWT9MN Member, KOL

FPS has nothing to do with latency. It seems you have a low-end cpu.

• xManiNekoxManiNeko Member ✭✭✭

Not really, I have an i7 5th generation, with a decent graph card. I don't lagg in other games, but here in Kritika I do. The game misses some sort of optimization, I played on Sea before and there I wasn't lagging. I know someone with a high end gaming pc that has lagg/fps drops. The reason why we lagg isn't because of the graphics, but what's happening in the background. For some reason certain skills cause tremendous amount of lagg, even if they aren't flashy at all. I from time to time have the feeling that we also should run 1 dungeon first before we have a stable connection. Something old Lunia players probably remember as we had to do a first load to a stage before we had normal loads. I'm not sure, maybe we are the special snowflake server(s) that has this issue. Tbh I prefer have the FPS drop fixed before getting new content. For example most mages are more like a support type class now, since they don't do damage. But we can not give that support, since we cause FPS drop to our party members :/

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

lags and stuttering have always been an issue on our kritika version. But thing is, feels like it only becomes worse with every update and nothing is being done to fix it. After last patch I legit get an error report everytime i close the game. And here I remember I wasn't happy with abelard/titan updates and lags on abelard last boss, but for now going back and playing old content feels silky smooth compared to what we experience on new dungeons, especially pirates and eeri. Now even mentioning fractured memories, as everyone is well aware how bad it is. And doesn't matter how much I like this game, playing with constant stuttering and fps drops simply causes headaches and makes me want to uninstall game :|

• EWNMAHJEJMEWNMAHJEJM Member, KOL

U say that but u know you're sinking with this ship

:(<3

• LabeliLabeli Member, KOL

I got decent FPS when playing but only with a lot of programs turned off and solo in dungeons. Streaming this game is horrible because of the FPS dropping like it does. Not to mention fractured memories is like the father of lag.... it is insane. I've seen people literally crash just by entering it or when mobs gets killed.

I hope they fix this soon because a lot of people are gonna quit the game when they have had enough of the FPS issues.

• LaichronusLaichronus Member

The only thing that helped me in fractured memories was turning off floating damage, a lot less lag now.

@Laichronus said:
    The only thing that helped me in fractured memories was turning off floating damage, a lot less lag now.

doesnt make difference for me.

• knight6knight6 Member
    edited July 2018

@RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@Laichronus said:

Try turning off > @cody8535 said:

can we please stop getting the 2fps spikes i log in a 6am and the game is literally unplayable due to the immence lag dont know if its from server of pc starup

Try turning off show buffs in party settings. Not sure about single player. People with Nvidia graphics cards can turn off multi threaded optimiztion in nvidia control panel to help with some fps issues in some cases. This game more or less performs based on single thread performance having an i7 over an equivalent i5 is virtually useless. You can refer to this chart to figure out about how well your cpu will perform in this game. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

@knight6 said:

@RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@Laichronus said:

Try turning off show buffs in party settings. Not sure about single player. People with Nvidia graphics cards can turn off multi threaded optimiztion in nvidia control panel to help with some fps issues in some cases. This game more or less performs based on single thread performance having an i7 over an equivalent i5 is virtually useless. You can refer to this chart to figure out about how well your cpu will perform in this game. https://www.cpubenchmark.net/singleThread.html

It was discussed so many times, and it's clearly not a player problem. Kritika has no excuse for it's optimization, it's an instance based game with small spaces, small dungeons divided to rooms and outdated graphics.

• xManiNekoxManiNeko Member ✭✭✭

I like to add, that it's completely stupid (and it is not a fix) that we as a user need to turn off multi-treading (something I can't do because of my work as a programmer) to have a better game optimization. Think about it, we need to "Downgrade" our "computers" to get a better optimization. How I look at it, it would be maybe more useful to change the game into a server-client game instead of p2p system. Which would also help with the "hacking" issues. Don't get me wrong I completely understand that this a tremendous amount of work. But since the last updates, I only seeing more lag occur (FPS drop) rather then decreasing. I think the sole reason why people do not lag anymore in Abelard/Titan/ST, is because they one shot them, rather then having the FPS drop got fixed. But if you take Fractured Memories or one of the new ultimate dungeons it's rather a lag fest for me (and I think for others too). It shouldn't be that you need to hold in, because otherwise your party members can not play properly because you cause FPS drops when attacking....

• @RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@knight6 said:

@RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@Laichronus said:

It was discussed so many times, and it's clearly not a player problem. Kritika has no excuse for it's optimization, it's an instance based game with small spaces, small dungeons divided to rooms and outdated graphics.

I was trying to help the dude improve his fps. I am in no way defending the lack of the optimization of this games iphone 2 graphics running at 15 fps. As far as the cpu chart goes i'm not saying his i7 isn't good in general it just won't help in games like this.

@xManiNeko said:
    I like to add, that it's completely stupid (and it is not a fix) that we as a user need to turn off multi-treading (something I can't do because of my work as a programmer) to have a better game optimization. Think about it, we need to "Downgrade" our "computers" to get a better optimization. How I look at it, it would be maybe more useful to change the game into a server-client game instead of p2p system. Which would also help with the "hacking" issues. Don't get me wrong I completely understand that this a tremendous amount of work. But since the last updates, I only seeing more lag occur (FPS drop) rather then decreasing. I think the sole reason why people do not lag anymore in Abelard/Titan/ST, is because they one shot them, rather then having the FPS drop got fixed. But if you take Fractured Memories or one of the new ultimate dungeons it's rather a lag fest for me (and I think for others too). It shouldn't be that you need to hold in, because otherwise your party members can not play properly because you cause FPS drops when attacking....

I never said to turn off multi threading on your computer only on a single application through Nvidia Control Panel if you have an Nvidia GPU. I'm not sure if you are referring to hyperthreading or globally turning off multi threaded optimizations but either way turning those off is not necessary and honestly not recommended. Although I would support them converting the game client server but they chances of that is much less than an optimization and the work required is much greater lol. The population would have to be up by at least 100 times for me to even think they would consider that but I don't work at ALLM and their decision making has surprised me repeatedly in the past.

• cody8535cody8535 Member, KOL

@knight6 said:

@RPN7NPCCG6 said:

@Laichronus said:

a threadripper 1920x and a gtx 1070 founders shouldnt be lagging like that you dont know what you are talking about