We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

Patch Notes - August 29, 2018 Update

2»

Comments

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    just wondering, why do you people focus on costumes so much instead of actual p2w elements? Costumes are cosmetics part, ANY f2p game has cash buyable cosmetics that's how they live. Looks more like you are upset because of something was taken away that wasn't even meant to be like this in a first place. Rather have harder time to obtain cosmetic stuff than going deeper in a p2w mode.

  • jerycho007jerycho007 Member

    @RPN7NPCCG6 said:
    just wondering, why do you people focus on costumes so much instead of actual p2w elements? Costumes are cosmetics part, ANY f2p game has cash buyable cosmetics that's how they live. Looks more like you are upset because of something was taken away that wasn't even meant to be like this in a first place. Rather have harder time to obtain cosmetic stuff than going deeper in a p2w mode.

    Except that costumes do give an actual stat advantage.

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    @jerycho007 said:

    @RPN7NPCCG6 said:
    just wondering, why do you people focus on costumes so much instead of actual p2w elements? Costumes are cosmetics part, ANY f2p game has cash buyable cosmetics that's how they live. Looks more like you are upset because of something was taken away that wasn't even meant to be like this in a first place. Rather have harder time to obtain cosmetic stuff than going deeper in a p2w mode.

    Except that costumes do give an actual stat advantage.

    no, they dont. All costumes have same stats and are easy to obtain by ingame means. Do action zones, farm sh/letters, do fractured memories, buy for gold on ah or from other players.

  • ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

    There are multiple ways of getting costumes without paying. It can be easily farmed in game and they all provide the same stats. The cosmetic part of looking a certain way in many "free to play" games usually requires cash shop purchases. The stats between costumes are all the same, unlike KR, JP, and CN Kritika. Costumes are far from p2w, but the many other aspects that were pushed in this patch like new accents and pets are pretty p2w.

  • MeshakMeshak Member

    There is no other free way to get multiple costume types for your class in game. if you get a costume piece from a sh box or letters it may not even be for the class you want. Even if you don't think this is a big deal, please stop making it sound like there are other just as simple ways to get multiple different costume pieces for your class. This is a big deal to some people, just because you don't think so doesn't make it less true.

    Maybe the costumes are gone because with the new badge trade in cost you could have gotten unlimited badges by just buying costumes and trading them in. If so, it doesn't mean they had to do away with the costumes, they could have raised the price or done something else. Its not like they raised the amount of badges you get from dailies, just costume turn in so it feels like just one more free thing gone, and this frustrates some of us.

  • 76MP9RCT4L76MP9RCT4L Member, KOL

    Costumes easy to obtain in game, easy to obtain farming? Please, get your facts straight.
    Be my guest, go ahead farm letters/action/SH dungeons and come back here and post when you get the piece of costume for the class and slot that you wanted.
    Like seriously, go and do it, I want to see how much time it takes you. By the time you do that I'd probably be recycling my -insert # here- costume piece from Kagerfield because it's not the one that I want.

    And no, these costumes weren't 'free'. You had to pay Badges for them, a currency that you have to farm in game and that are, in fact, quite important for your character progression, something that makes you think twice before trading them just for the 'looks'.

    @Meshak said:
    Maybe the costumes are gone because with the new badge trade in cost you could have gotten unlimited badges by just buying costumes and trading them in. If so, it doesn't mean they had to do away with the costumes, they could have raised the price or done something else.

    I also think this might be the real reason why costumes are gone from the NPC, still, like you mention, there can be workarounds to keep both changes in place.
    As of right now, they didn't only remove the best way to get costumes, but they also removed the costumes sets itself from the game (at least bring them back) I now have incomplete sets with no option to get the remaining pieces..

  • ChooletaChooleta Member, KOL

    Why would they remove costumes from kagerfeld?! That was basically the meaning of the NPC imo.. give people who cannot spend their real money on a freaking game a chance to get costumes! And I'm sure most of the players here are not mad about the 'stats' every costume part gives, they are mad because it was a fun and nice way to dress up your characters. What a great bullshit you started eme. Another backstab, thanks for that. :| Honestly a reason to quit this game. :| :| :|

  • ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

    @76MP9RCT4L said:
    Costumes easy to obtain in game, easy to obtain farming? Please, get your facts straight.
    Be my guest, go ahead farm letters/action/SH dungeons and come back here and post when you get the piece of costume for the class and slot that you wanted.
    Like seriously, go and do it, I want to see how much time it takes you. By the time you do that I'd probably be recycling my -insert # here- costume piece from Kagerfield because it's not the one that I want.

    And no, these costumes weren't 'free'. You had to pay Badges for them, a currency that you have to farm in game and that are, in fact, quite important for your character progression, something that makes you think twice before trading them just for the 'looks'.

    @Meshak said:
    Maybe the costumes are gone because with the new badge trade in cost you could have gotten unlimited badges by just buying costumes and trading them in. If so, it doesn't mean they had to do away with the costumes, they could have raised the price or done something else.

    I also think this might be the real reason why costumes are gone from the NPC, still, like you mention, there can be workarounds to keep both changes in place.
    As of right now, they didn't only remove the best way to get costumes, but they also removed the costumes sets itself from the game (at least bring them back) I now have incomplete sets with no option to get the remaining pieces..

    It takes 1-2 days of rp to farm 1000 boss souls for the free Guard costume set from the NPC. That is if you farm bella, it takes less than an hour of game play over two days on one character to get a free costume. Sure it might not be how I want to look, but it has the same stats as every other costume. I don't mind spending the kred I make through my sales or fractured memory/monthly arena to buy a costume. Maybe because almost all other games I've played require you to pay for cosmetics while kritika lets you obtain the p2w kred currency without actually paying. It's pretty easy to obtain a costume set. Badges weren't hard to farm. you got a significant amount in arena, arena daily buys, and you get 60 every weekend per character for the dailies.
    .

  • 76MP9RCT4L76MP9RCT4L Member, KOL

    @Reiatzu said:
    It takes 1-2 days of rp to farm 1000 boss souls for the free Guard costume set from the NPC. That is if you farm bella, it takes less than an hour of game play over two days on one character to get a free costume. Sure it might not be how I want to look, but it has the same stats as every other costume. I don't mind spending the kred I make through my sales or fractured memory/monthly arena to buy a costume. Maybe because almost all other games I've played require you to pay for cosmetics while kritika lets you obtain the p2w kred currency without actually paying. It's pretty easy to obtain a costume set. Badges weren't hard to farm. you got a significant amount in arena, arena daily buys, and you get 60 every weekend per character for the dailies.

    I don't see your point.
    I already have the 1k boss souls costume. May I farm 1k more and get another one? No, it's a one time only costume.
    I also buy costumes with kreds, in fact, costumes are the only thing I spend money on this game. Can you point me where are the costumes they removed in the store now, so I can buy?

    I agree, badges weren't hard to obtain in the first place, so we don't really need average (green) badges from salvaging in the NPC, can we rollback the change? Get our costumes and get inferior badges from salvaging instead. Thanks

  • SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

    I get that you can get a costume or 2 for free, but you cant pick the costume or pieces you want anymore.

    Also, dont kid about stuff like "its fast and easy to get a costume from Letters or SH/Xanadu drops". I am just over +9,000 boss souls since I started trying to get the Eerie costume from Bella dungeon. So far I have 2 pieces. It is one thing to say "yes, you can get a costume or 2 for free still", its a totally different thing to say you can PICK a costume you want now. I have been farming the Psion costume since it came out and still dont have the whole thing. As far as the costume boxes from intrusions? I have a grand total of 3 random pieces, 1 of which i could actually wear, since i started this game last year.

    The least they could do is up the droprate on costumes, remove the invisible pieces from the boxes, and/or maybe even make all the costume drop boxes the "piece selector boxes" instead of random pieces. Nothing is as disappointing as opening a costume box that finally drops after like 200+ runs and its a completely invisible piece or a duplicate.

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭
    edited September 2018

    @Spookles said:
    I get that you can get a costume or 2 for free, but you cant pick the costume or pieces you want anymore.

    Also, dont kid about stuff like "its fast and easy to get a costume from Letters or SH/Xanadu drops". I am just over +9,000 boss souls since I started trying to get the Eerie costume from Bella dungeon. So far I have 2 pieces. It is one thing to say "yes, you can get a costume or 2 for free still", its a totally different thing to say you can PICK a costume you want now. I have been farming the Psion costume since it came out and still dont have the whole thing. As far as the costume boxes from intrusions? I have a grand total of 3 random pieces, 1 of which i could actually wear, since i started this game last year.

    The least they could do is up the droprate on costumes, remove the invisible pieces from the boxes, and/or maybe even make all the costume drop boxes the "piece selector boxes" instead of random pieces. Nothing is as disappointing as opening a costume box that finally drops after like 200+ runs and its a completely invisible piece or a duplicate.

    One piece of that costume daily just for action zone farm?

    @76MP9RCT4L said:

    @Reiatzu said:
    It takes 1-2 days of rp to farm 1000 boss souls for the free Guard costume set from the NPC. That is if you farm bella, it takes less than an hour of game play over two days on one character to get a free costume. Sure it might not be how I want to look, but it has the same stats as every other costume. I don't mind spending the kred I make through my sales or fractured memory/monthly arena to buy a costume. Maybe because almost all other games I've played require you to pay for cosmetics while kritika lets you obtain the p2w kred currency without actually paying. It's pretty easy to obtain a costume set. Badges weren't hard to farm. you got a significant amount in arena, arena daily buys, and you get 60 every weekend per character for the dailies.

    I don't see your point.
    I already have the 1k boss souls costume. May I farm 1k more and get another one? No, it's a one time only costume.
    I also buy costumes with kreds, in fact, costumes are the only thing I spend money on this game. Can you point me where are the costumes they removed in the store now, so I can buy?

    I agree, badges weren't hard to obtain in the first place, so we don't really need average (green) badges from salvaging in the NPC, can we rollback the change? Get our costumes and get inferior badges from salvaging instead. Thanks

    Again, what are we on about? You asked to get facts straight - farm 1k souls -> get a costume with same stats like every other. Is it hard? Is it p2w?
    If you are on about cosmetics stuff, name me any f2p game with free cosmetics, I dare you.
    Most of the costumes that been removed from kagerfeld are available for kreds, 125kred for a piece you want. Also you can buy them for gold from players/on ah? Except for queen club costume, but I do not personally like it, so not gonna miss.

  • ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

    @76MP9RCT4L said:

    @Reiatzu said:
    It takes 1-2 days of rp to farm 1000 boss souls for the free Guard costume set from the NPC. That is if you farm bella, it takes less than an hour of game play over two days on one character to get a free costume. Sure it might not be how I want to look, but it has the same stats as every other costume. I don't mind spending the kred I make through my sales or fractured memory/monthly arena to buy a costume. Maybe because almost all other games I've played require you to pay for cosmetics while kritika lets you obtain the p2w kred currency without actually paying. It's pretty easy to obtain a costume set. Badges weren't hard to farm. you got a significant amount in arena, arena daily buys, and you get 60 every weekend per character for the dailies.

    I don't see your point.
    I already have the 1k boss souls costume. May I farm 1k more and get another one? No, it's a one time only costume.
    I also buy costumes with kreds, in fact, costumes are the only thing I spend money on this game. Can you point me where are the costumes they removed in the store now, so I can buy?

    I agree, badges weren't hard to obtain in the first place, so we don't really need average (green) badges from salvaging in the NPC, can we rollback the change? Get our costumes and get inferior badges from salvaging instead. Thanks

    My point was to answer your comment about getting "the facts straight." I simply answered your question about how long it takes you to get a costume set.

  • destROYer2357destROYer2357 Member, KOL

    No wonder I see people leaving/quitting...

  • RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

    No wonder I see people joining/playing...

  • WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

    @HXKLGAYHamster said:

    @WarFaceSystemX said:

    @Spookles said:
    This patch feels like the final squeeze to rid the game of f2p players and have nothing but EME players and whales. This is a total miss. Yay, I can level up for free now, yet cant buy any costumes anymore.

    Funniest thing I think i saw was when the new dungeon was broken and we could not enter it in the PTS the entrance said "80,000 CR". like it is in EVERY OTHER VERSION OF THE GAME. Yet here we are needing like 2 million CR while 1/2 the people at level cap still cant even do Abelard solo.

    This game is such a shitshow and its so funny that they keep listening to the player council that seems to have zero idea how the game actually is. I guess when EME is loading up your account with Kredd each month its hard to understand just how broken the endgame is.

    Keep adding more and more broken higher CR crap. Keep taking away stuff like badges costumes. Keep pretending CR dailies exists. This game is in such a mess now; it is pretty obvious they have given up. SEA did the same thing with full EXP/infinite RP about 2 months before it shut down.

    I would honestly be SHOCKED if this game makes it to 2019. I am done with it at this point. Why stay around? more overinflated CR dungeons no one can run? Yay for spending 2 months to gear up to be able to run a shitty dungeon 2x a week. "oh, whats that you say?, i can just pay whales to run me through the content?" lol. Come on.

    FORCE a CR requirement for dungeons. make gear Bind to character. Remove selling top end gear and carries, then we might have a game. As it is now, there is really no point to play. Log in and grind bella a few hours then pay whales to run me through content i could never do so i can have gear to run bella slightly faster to buy more gear from said whales.

    I will just save myself the hassle and play on the PTS whenever something new comes out. Broken CR requirements that no one aside from whales can meet and losing stuff like badges costume boxes pretty much shows me the direction the game is headed.

    Why bother leveling up another character? So I can be stuck buying Abelard runs for 2 months just to maybe gear up enough to maybe kill 2-3 bosses in Eerie?

    How many people can honestly even clear Eerie? Like 20 RMB spamming DG and a few of the other classes? How many people can clear Pirate? like 10-30 a server at most?

    how about this new dungeon? like 5 people?

    Why even bother trying to solo the grind gear for it if its cheaper and easier to just buy carries from Player council and whales each weeK? This is the major problem. We should not be able to buy runs or gear from endgame.

    I solo grind, and i can do all the dungeons on my own solo. WHat you on about it being hard? xd I also forgot to say, i play zerk.

    Welcome to Korean Instanced/Hub based ARPGS where you either pay with giant chunks of your time or giant chunks of your wallet to get anywhere and reach anything.

    i uSe tO PlAy KoReA bEfOrE m8 and CN + JP version, game not hard

  • Nana8Nana8 Member, KOL

    Any idea how to exchange Prodigy scrolls?D: And where exactly inside the emp store?

  • destROYer2357destROYer2357 Member, KOL

    @Nana8 said:
    Any idea how to exchange Prodigy scrolls?D: And where exactly inside the emp store?

    Its in events tab to exchange them, and to get them, go to EMP store bundles section. The items with [Prodigy] prefix are the ones.

Sign In or Register to comment.