We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

September 11 PTS Patch Notes

A new update has arrived on the Public Test Server! Check out the preview article here.

Please remember, this is an early version of the update build, so all content/naming is subject to change. The goal here is to get the update to you as early as possible to gather player feedback!

DANGER ZONE

A new side Danger Zone, the Black Market, is now available!

• Enter through Windhome Danger Zone highway. (You must be level 70 to enter.)
  • Recommended CR is 1,000k CR or 1,500k CR.
  • Drops new head and foot gear: [Dawn] Destrus, and [Dawn] Intrus. (Tier 12, and can be evolved.)

FRACTURED MEMORIES

Check out the latest changes to Fractured Memories!

• Normal monsters no longer appear in Fractured Memories. All monster spawns are elite or higher.
  • We rebalanced the difficulty to improve optimization on player PCs.
  • We have increased Max level and Abilities level to 220.
  • Maril’s shop is updated with new rewards.

REWARDS

• Imprint Danger Zone bosses now drop a single “Major Imprint Piece.” Players can talk to Philo or Cerulean to exchange 70 Major Imprint Pieces for one Major Imprint.
  • All Ultimate Bosses now drop Ultimate Souls.
  • Drop rate of Thermalar Weapon Selector is increased. It also drops on Titan's Rage.

NPC SHOP UPDATES

• Philo, Cerulean. New rare and legendary Artifacts are added to Excellent Artifact Crate.
    -- Deleted:
    --- Minor First Aid Kit (×10), Minor First Aid Kit Pack (×5)
    --- Inferior and Progressive Whetstones
    --- Fixit-10 Hammer (five times daily)
    --- Costume Dye Voucher (×100)
    --- Event Game Ticket
    --- Pet Food
    -- Added:
    --- Major Imprint Scroll Box (can be obtained by exchanging Major Imprint Pieces)
    --- Excellent Artifact Crate (can be obtained by exchanging Ultimate Souls or Rune Fragments)
    --- [Unstable] Artifact Fuse (exchangeable with Rune Fragments)
    --- Dye-Mania (1 Day)
    --- Fixit-25 Hammer (three times daily)
    --- Whetstone III

• Maril
    -- Deleted
    --- [Reward] Progressive Whetstones ×50
    --- [Reward] Blessed Elixir ×10
    -- Added
    --- [Unstable] Artifact Fuse
    --- Whetstone III
    --- General Costume I Box (same as Kagerfeld Costume I)

• Tamsi
    -- Added
    --- Enhanced Super HP Vial III
    --- Witch Brew
  • Alandra
    -- Deleted
    --- 7-Day Blue Name Scroll, 7-Day Red Name Scroll, 7-Day White Comics Speech, 7-Day Red Comics Speech
    --- [Event] Blessed Elixir ×30
    --- Event weapon skin
    -- Added
    --- Event Game Ticket
    --- [Event] Blessed Elixir I ×30
    --- Dye-Mania (1 Day)
    --- Daily Box and Water of Life I cost are discounted.

MISCELANEOUS

• The Prodigy can now rank in both Arena and Fractured Memories. This begins a new season.
  • “Juli, Fox Clan” is now named “Feathered Juli.”
  • Chat window is divided into Gigaphone section and general section. (This change has already been applied through a hotfix.)

KNOWN ISSUES

• Some KR voice is output on some Danger Zones. (This will be corrected in the next update.)
  • Prodigy costume was listed on Monk category.
  • Players can get Monk costume piece from Prodigy box.

Comments

• EWNMAHJEJMEWNMAHJEJM Member, KOL

PLEASE BUFF/UPDATE GEAR GIVEN AT LVL 65 FOR NEW PLAYERS AND NERF ACTION ZONE DMG - EVERYTHING BOSS OR MOBS DO 1 SHOT ITS RETARDED

• VarioussVariouss Member, KOL

action zone is fine

Chat window is divided into Gigaphone section and general section. (This change has already been applied through a hotfix.)

please revert this back, this is freaking annoying

• "Imprint Danger Zone bosses now drop a single “Major Imprint Piece.” Players can talk to Philo or Cerulean to exchange 70 Major Imprint Pieces for one Major Imprint."
    so they will only drop pieces or we still can get a major imprint as a random boss drop?

• DiabelliaDiabellia Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Guess I better stock up on Dye Vouchers since you are removing the one way in the game to get permanent dye.
    Why not just add things? Why always add a few things, remove a bunch of things?

and I agree with @EWNMAHJEJM , its way past time to update the gear you get at 65. Maybe give a set for going through all of Xanadu like you get from Starhenge. Either way, the game gets more and more crazy with CR requirements yet he still get a set of gear that puts you at just enough CR to do nothing. You cant even do ST in it unless you get great rolls and enchant the heck out of it. Thats a lot of waste to use on SH gear. Perhaps its time for the questline that ends at Abelard solo dungeon should give the Thermalar weapon. There is no reason to gate that behind a month and a half long quest.

Also, how about increasing the droprate in WH on EASY/NORMAL/HARD? Its is abysmally low. Did over 700 runs last week, did not see a single piece of gear drop.

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Jfc, plz buff drop rate for new map, its bad

• RanavaRanava Member
    edited September 2018

Removing costume dye voucher and pet food is a bad move. I don't think anyone want to dye their costume everyday when you log in the game.
    About major imprint, I hope that the boss still drop the full one. The piece is only there to help out the people who are unlucky with drop.
    Stop removing the good stuff from game and stop adding more p2w element in. The game population is low enough.

• 3FTDJM4WJK3FTDJM4WJK Member, KOL

"The goal here is to get the update to you as early as possible to gather player feedback!" HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA like our feedback about costumes on kagerfield that enmasse just ignored? What about now? Our feedback about don't remove 100 dye points to just enmasse ignore another time? HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• LW566XNN9FLW566XNN9F Member, KOL

For what I read on the gear Doomblade set is almost useless, really? buff on Soul Steal and Purgatory wave 0_o ???, why not make it stronger like the cat set, why not Vortex and Cutting wave dmg buff.
    And also WolfGuardian set is also kind of Blah

• 3FTDJM4WJK3FTDJM4WJK Member, KOL

Finally uninstalled game, ty Enmasse for the first year of fun with kritika, this is a very fun game, but i can't give all of my time to play 24/7 of my time to farm hard and try to get some fun playing free, when you take my most biggest diversion (kagerfield box) and now are going to take my daily dye points, I'm decided to leave this game to keep at last good memories instead of lots of deception on each patch like you started to make from prodigy patch, good luck to everyone and having fun, goodbye guys.

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

Great patch definitely a step in the right direction, a few balance concerns but besides that overall this is a great patch !

• PL3XKKEHENPL3XKKEHEN Member, KOL

The patch sounds good overall!
    Still, there is the problem with Kagerfeld's costume boxes. 1 Memory Page for a single random costume piece is unbelievably overpriced. This way it would take FOREVER to get 9 pieces out of the box to fill the costume slots - which are especially important for new players to increase their stats a little. I don't even want to think about getting a full set of a costume.
    In addition to that, removing the option to buy dye points for boss souls is simply stupid. Can't say it any other way.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭

@PL3XKKEHEN said:
    Still, there is the problem with Kagerfeld's costume boxes. 1 Memory Page for a single random costume piece is unbelievably overpriced. This way it would take FOREVER to get 9 pieces out of the box to fill the costume slots - which are especially important for new players to increase their stats a little. I don't even want to think about getting a full set of a costume.
    In addition to that, removing the option to buy dye points for boss souls is simply stupid. Can't say it any other way.

I totally agree with this. Overall the patch looks decent. I just simply don;t understand why remove the Dye Points? No one wants to redye their gear every single day when they log on. It's nice to have the Dye Mania, but both should be in the store. Also, 1 Memory Page for 1 random costume piece is totally absurd.

• RomanHolidayRomanHoliday Member, Player Moderators mod

This patch has a couple of good things going for it, with some real potential. There are some minor concerns like moving dye points and pet food out of the shop
    but, at least you can purchase pet food from Alandra and dye points from the friend store with friend points so there are still ways to obtain them.

Here are some of the positives that I see in this patch:

• Black Market (the new dungeon) is attempting to smooth out progression for access to Eeri and other ultimate danger zones which is nice.
    • Buffing the drop rate of Thermalar will help some players get access to a powerful weapon early on to assist in their journey
    • Increasing the total amount of hammers we see per day will be nice and it's convenient they're on 1 NPC now
    • Fractured Memory change feels great and any form of optimization is welcome.
    • Prime 5 will be achievable more readily
    • Imprint change is nice, helps out those who are looking for a specific imprint and haven't been able to collect it.

My two biggest criticisms for the patch comes from two things: dawn gear and artifacts.

As it stands, dawn gear balance is all over the place. Most of the sets have a clearly superior version that you would be silly not to pick which makes me question why they're there, other than to dilute the drop pool. Also, some of the strongest classes get some hefty buffs from dawn gear while the weakest ones barely benefit, widening the gap of power. I'd like every class to be viable and class balance isn't in the best spot for Kritika, especially not with the way dawn gear is set to release.

New artifacts seem very pay to win; there is currently no free to play way to obtain stable fuses for artifacts. Unstable fuses reset your artifact level after failing an attempt but do not destroy it while stable artifact fuses do not cause you to lose a level. A small change like changing the unstable artifact fuse from the Fractured Memory NPC Maril to a stable fuse would mean that players would get a chance per week to upgrade their artifact. If some way to obtain these stable fuses in the future, there will be claims (as there already has been) of the artifact system being pay to win due to this. There is a lot of RNG involved with unstable fuses and it will provide an overall negative experience to someone who is below the average threshold of luck should they not have another alternative to seek out other than the cash shop. A suggestion that was mentioned from a friend I spoke to about this matter was that the unstable fuses turn into stable while the cash shop variant has a much higher success rate. I'm not sure what the best course of action here is but if there is no f2p method to obtain them, I don't see anyone walking around with a +9 artifact without having spent some premium currency on it.

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Artifacts are main issue for alot of people. Dawn gear for zerks, Seems pretty damn good to me. Other classes stuff.. Seems..Useless? yeah useless. The new map works fine, seems simple straight forward, if u could buff drop rate, would be loved. Also can you remember to update the PTS boxes? So we can test the new gear? Cause..Yeah 8 chars of full purple RP and not one drop, seems pretty annoying lol. Also, Help new players more...To much of a gear gap between SH to WH. Its making people rage quit the game to fast.

• Wujek1382Wujek1382 Member
    edited September 2018

In new danger zone drop is bad but its farmable, no entry restriction, so its not so completely bad. Bad thing is however that there are 65!!! or so items there and its too much RNG to get one u aim for. Plis change it for like 80% of the drop is drop for class who farm it rest of 20% its whatever class. It will be mega frustrating to finally get some item and realize its for shadow mage when i need it for my cat... i mean come on!!! I can trade it with other players but lets be honest there are just to few SM :(
    Another thing when we are around cat class... what u guys thinking when adding that buff for cat class with down gear? CAT IS OP already and u are pushing it to GODLIKE tier. Why u do so!?!? Plis dont make OP classes to be even more op. CAT is fine where it is no need to godlike buff on it. Just some minor buff on main skill or bigger for other not so OP skill. Plis focus on reapers class to make it stronger and more playable...
    I can accept the situations where best class title is being rotation between all classes its oke and healthy cos i dont demand 100% balances between classes just try to avoid situation like 1mln Cat is clearing FM, ultimate zone arena etc with better time that lest say Valkyrie with 5mln CR... its totally not fair.
    About dyes and costumes, well u can get some from FM merchant and if u aim for other piece of choosen fashion set just use kreds from arena to buy them!!! its only 125 kreds per piece and u got 1k kred for arena. Also when u need costume just for stats buy a whole set of costume for 1k boss souls and thats it.
    Removing dye voucher will make dyemania more "needed" i believe that was devs intention and its whatever for me cos u can still get voucher through friend points on your all characters so not a big deal after all. Dunno why ppl so much rage for it where there are bigger problems with broken classes, even more imbalances between them, and P2W :(
    this artifact stuff well is good that u are adding sth fresh and new on this filed but dont push another thing to p2w section. My suggestion here its makes artifact safe to enhance to at last +6. U will still get some money from ppl that will buy fuse safer to get it to +9 but starting from +3 to +9 i mean its really bad looking PW2!!! dont be a game forge guys plis abandon this path u already hit us with new rare accents...

For the and and to be fair wanna say that I appreciate u guys remove p2w +21 enhances as it was on previews PTS its good move in the right direction.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

can the new gear even be enhanced to 21? or only 19?

• MCH7FE6Y4DMCH7FE6Y4D Member, KOL

Make twin meme sisters great again.

• RPN7NPCCG6RPN7NPCCG6 Member, KOL ✭✭

@PL3XKKEHEN said:

WDYM, overpriced? It's totally fair price to get a costume, I'm pretty surprised they put it back in game. You can get free memory page not only from every alt you have doing just floor 1 every 2 weeks, but also exchange 100 blue hexagrams for one, which makes it straight way farmable. 100 hexagrams are like 30 minutes of doing fm on 100+? That is cheap!

• MCH7FE6Y4DMCH7FE6Y4D Member, KOL

The new items for the reaper are a joke. The person responsible for all these patches should be released. Separating 2a class, thanks to which 80% of Valkyrie and other characters left the game, or were forced to change their main class to a stronger one and able to do anything. All vamp skills are a failure. It proposes to change prime attributes, values of skills and inprints. I would start by changing the duration of the thorn crown bloody to 10 min, or lowering the cd by 80%. Another issue is the big cd skilli: blood hell is shitter, and has 60 sec cd changed to 30 sec + any boost dmg to it. The next step is to correct the impale that don't work properly. Suggests that you apply a stun debuff for 7 seconds. Prime vamp bonuses don't make sense with such a cd skills. This is one of the weaker classes in the game. Cats 1.5m cr each do all the dungeons 4x faster than a 3-4m cr reaper. You will introduce a new gear that is not balanced. Someone probably chose 4 skills with the name of blood and randomly bored them from 7% to 62%, but they did not fall on these very significant skills.
    I feel so bad that you spoiled so much game. Maybe instead of streaming enter your discord more often and read what people have to say about improving the game conditions. I don't know why you have councils if you don't take their opinions into account. The optimisation should have been 5 months ago, but it should have been an honour to have seen something change at last. Also begin to pay more attention to translating the items descriptions.
    I invite the representatives of memereapers to express their opinions on this subject.