We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

Patch Notes - October 17, 2018 Update

edited October 2018 in Patch Notes

A new update is on the way for Kritika Online, arriving Wednesday, October 17 at 8 a.m. PDT! Thank you for your invaluable input, Public Test Server players!
Check out the patch preview post.

Valkyrie Class Second Awakening

Valkyries gain the ability to awaken to a Noble Valkyrie. After awakening, you will have a new appearance and six powerful new skills: four active skills and two passive skills.
Together with Second Awakening, we adjusted skill balance, including Major Imprints or Prime Attribute Bonus.

Base Skills
- Chain Stance Basic attack is now Slashing, rather than Crushing.
- Dash attack is now Slashing , rather than Crushing.

Major Imprint
- Gain Set: overall changed
- Pain Set: overall changed
- Chain Set: 1, 2 changed

Danger Zone

New side Danger Zone: Steelbone Shipyard!
- Enter through Windhome Danger Zone Highway (level 70).
- Recommended CR: 1,000k CR or 1,600k CR.
- Drops new chest and legs gear: [Dawn] Destrus, and [Dawn] Intrus. (These are Tier 12 and can be evolved.)

Ultimate Danger Zone

We have added a new Ultimate Zone—the Secret Warehouse—on the Windhome Danger Zone Highway. The Secret Warehouse is owned by one of the biggest Merchant guilds in Kirenos.

This Ultimate Zone is meant to challenge even the most accomplished players. Players can clear the Secret Warehouse up to twice a week.

• Drops: [Dawn] Destrus hands, Intrus hands (Tier 12, can be evolved), element accessories, a unique material, and Ultimate Soul.

Due to popular feedback, we're adding additional difficulties to this zone so that a wider group of players can participate.

• Normal: Recommended CR is 1,000K
  • Insane: Recommended CR is 2,500K (almost the same difficulty as the PTS)
  • Extreme: The greatest challenge available to players

Drop rates differ depending on difficulty.

Gear

Vamp and Artifex Dawn gear have been rebalanced from the PTS version. Special thanks to Ice of the Player Council for a ton of feedback on both classes! Unfortunately, not all feedback was possible to implement due to upcoming content and gear. Changes can be found below. We'll continue to monitor feedback - there's a chance we may make further changes in the future.

Vamp Gear
Current: Increases Thorn Spray damage by 32% and reduces cooldown by 20%
Updated: Increases Thorn Spray damage by 40% and reduces cooldown by 25%.

Current: Increases Blood Drive damage by 44%.
Updated: Increases Bloody Hell damage by 45%.

Current: Increases Scythe Rift damage by 20%. Reduces cooldown by 10%.
Updated: Increases Scythe Rift damage by 30%. Reduces cooldown by 10%.

Current: Increases Blood Drive damage by 9%.
Updated: Increases Thorn Spray damage by 8%.

Current: Increases Blood Drive damage by 13%.
Updated: Increases Thorn Spray damage by 15%.

Current: Increases Scythe Rift damage by 8%. Increases Bloody Hell damage by 7%.
Updated: Increases Scythe Rift damage by 20%. Increases Bloody Hell damage by 20%.

Current: Increases Scythe Rift damage by 14%. Increases Bloody Hell damage by 12%.
Updated: Increases Scythe Rift damage by 30%. Increases Bloody Hell damage by 25%.

Artifex Gear
Current: Increases damage of Tesla Stick by 25% and Reduces its cooldown by 20%.
Updated: Increases damage of Bazooka by 25%.

Current: Increases damage of Tesla Stick by 12%.
Updated: Increases damage of Bazooka by 15%.

Current: Increases damage of Tesla Stick by 18%.
Updated: Increases damage of Bazooka by 20%.

Current: Increases damage of Buzzsaw by 30%. Increases damage of Machine Gun by 22% also.
Updated: Increases damage of Buzzsaw by 40%. Increases damage of Machine Gun by 30% also.

Current: Increases damage of Buzzsaw by 50%. Increases damage of Machine Gun by 37% also.
Updated: Increases damage of Buzzsaw by 60%. Increases damage of Machine Gun by 45% also.

Arena

Expanded to five floors (75 total). Rebalanced from the PTS version.

Events

• Halloween decorations are appearing in villages!
  • Special Events!
    -- Halloween Leveling Challenge
    --- Wednesday, October 17, to Wednesday, November 28
    --- Requirement: Minimum level of 15
    -- Fright Fight Challenge
    --- Wednesday, October 17, to Wednesday, November 7
    --- Requirement: Level 40–70
    --- Reward: Halloween Pumpkin and Pumpkin Head
    -- Halloween Featured Challenge
    --- Friday, October 26, to Wednesday, November 7
    --- Requirement: Level 15–70
    --- Reward: Halloween Decoration, Trick-or-Treat Candy Weapon, Halloween Ghost Accent
    -- Halloween Item Challenge
    --- Friday October 17, to Wednesday, November 7
    --- Requirement: Level 15–70
    --- Reward: Jack Pumpkin, Mysterious Halloween Pumpkey, Artifact, Pet Gem, Dusk Gear

Rewards are once per account. The final leveling event item isn't, in fact, tradeable.

NPC Shop

Scar
Items Adjustments:

Deleted

• Arena gear
  • DZ90-30m EXP Boost
  • Inferior, Progressive Whetstone
  • Arena Costume Reward (Top 70%)

Added

• Whetstone III (Bound)
  • Whetstone IV (Bound)

Grand King Piglet
- Added Hydro Tortoise Pet Crate.
- New item in Mysterious Box.

Tokina
Two new pets are available from the Coin Toss:

• Baron Cogwheel Chibi
  • Prototype Lael Chibi

EMP Shop

• Event
    -- Kritoken Shop
    --- Wednesday, October 17, to Wednesday, November 28
    --- Trade Kritokens (obtained from purchasing certain bundles in the EMP Shop) for prizes!

Comments

• Why is the CDR for tesla stick gone that was a great part of the set effect cause it has synergy with the rest of the set the just bazooka damage increase instead is terrible since allmost all damage comes from the minigun any ways. With the CDR on testla stick it would have been allot more off a buff to artifex with full set atleast then just some spam skill damage increase.

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

Would it be possible to just give the current Dusk gear evo to be on par with Dawn gear tier (plus 21, stat bonuses, and enhanced effects)? Right now dawn sets seem to give huge bonuses to a few skills for each class and if it doesn't hit the the main damaging skills for your class or the skills that you use for your class, you pretty much lost out. Some dawn sets are still not too great and even the lower tier dusk gear properties outweighs dawn gear. Instead of depending for a balance patch to correct current dawn gear, making dusk the same tier as dawn like it is in other versions (KR,SEA), will give players the options of building a way that doesn't rely on a few skills and work towards improving their gear.

• For any next patches plz dont make any last moment changes if people arent happy with the numbers of stuff or effect then keep it for another patch so u can tackle it all together and not a portion. Cause i main artifex and i was hyped for the set effect and the tesla stick is a big thing for it (not damage but utility). Because i didnt feel like there was anything wrong with it i didnt check forums cause its a giant sea of stuff that i cant all check for other peoples complaints. I wil agree that the damage increase on tesla is garbage and doesnt help so for the gloves to be changed to bazooka fine but the 2 item set effect had great synergy with the 5 item set effect so if u wanted to "buff" or what ever the 2 item set part for tesla stick give it just simply a bit more CDR even tho i dont feel like that is needed. With it being changed over to bazooka it now just feels like allot of random stats just thrown together with no clue on why.

• xFlyToSkyxFlyToSky Member, KOL

Why delete arena gear?Pvp is dead anyway,but if someone wasnt able to farm medals (bound to char, same as gear so let's say stright: new players) for gear it gives adventage (20% more dmg for example for weapon) for ppl who were able to get it so it's unfair pvp.

• QuintinwQuintinw Member

@xFlyToSky said:
    Why delete arena gear?Pvp is dead anyway,but if someone wasnt able to farm medals (bound to char, same as gear so let's say stright: new players) for gear it gives adventage (20% more dmg for example for weapon) for ppl who were able to get it so it's unfair pvp.

The PvP gear is so weak compared to actual gear, since the PvP gear is only Tier 7/8 and top end gear is Tier 12/13.

This change doesn't really matter much, unless they intend to add even better gear available through actual PvP and not PvE Arena

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭

*10/10 I'm loving the multiple difficulties for ultimate zones this was a very needed change for the Veterans to be able to enjoy a challenge aswell thank you.
    *A few concerns though regarding a few bugs that have not yet been addressed one of them being the ability to extend pet gems which is extremely frustrating, the other bug being the +20 enhancement properties not working which can be very frustrating for alot of people that can't yet upgrade to +21, also the Voidmonk gear becomes character bound on evo.
    *One thing i am hoping for personally is to see a different fractured memories mode like the one in Korea (Chaos FM). FM becomes really boring and repetitive a new mode with new different things to upgrade would be a fresh change.

• MCH7FE6Y4DMCH7FE6Y4D Member, KOL

This game should have 5 difficulty levels vamp/easy/normal/hard/insane.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Sitting on 984k CR as a recently returned player and I can't get past the miniboss in the secret warehouse on normal (the lowest difficulty, 1m CR rec), her shield never breaks and she's faster than a khajit on 200 bottles of skooma. She heals to full when you die so you can't even brute force it.

Getting my teeth kicked in everywhere because boss shields last longer than their health pools so you literally never get to juggle them (you'd think I was exaggerating, but it's literally the case in places like the steelbone shipyard, action zones and more).

This game had two things going for it; The satisfying min/maxing, and the combat in general. I understand why shields were introduced in the first place as we were just juggling bosses from start to finish which meant that difficulty was only related to how long the fight took if you could juggle constantly, but you went from one extreme to another where you now have zero control and have to spend most of the time brute forcing encounters by throwing res stones at them while you try to weave your iframes back to back so you don't get crapped on.

Iframe-simulator2k18

Edit: Also the mini bosses in steelbone shipyard have like 2-5 times more health than the last boss, and take what feels like 2 years and a summer to kill.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018

Between the ridiculous shields turning everything into a 5 hour marathon fight and monsters speed hacking all over the place it makes me think back to that horrible Starhenge patch that they ended up reverting. Sure, the shields are okay in theory, but this is not the right way to make things fun. having bosses just ignore your attacks and spam instant cast oneshots with 8 bajillion health is really awful.

Is it more challenging? Sure, I guess.
    Problem is... it just isn't any fun.

About the only thing this game had going for it was the fast, fun combat, but all the new stuff feels like a slog.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

@Spookles said:
    Between the ridiculous shields turning everything into a 5 hour marathon fight and monsters speed hacking all over the place it makes me think back to that horrible Starhenge patch that they ended up reverting. Sure, the shields are okay in theory, but this is not the right way to make things fun. having bosses just ignore your attacks and spam instant cast oneshots with 8 bajillion health is really awful.

Is it more challenging? Sure, I guess.
    Problem is... it just isn't any fun.

About the only thing this game had going for it was the fast, fun combat, but all the new stuff feels like a slog.

The starhenge patch that ended up reverted wasn't even this bad, you could still consistently destroy shields and get some good combos in before they went back up. Now a bunch of bosses literally die before dropping the shield :p

• J6FMCKRXXYJ6FMCKRXXY Member, KOL

Think this patch may have actually killed NA... Like no one is doing public parties for this new dungeon, even black market had a decent amount of people looking for parties - and this is a drop bonus weekend!

• J6FMCKRXXYJ6FMCKRXXY Member, KOL

Whetstone box IV from scar is broken, game refuses to buy it.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭

Removing our dye scrolls that you could buy every day with 9 grey boss souls and get 150 dye points ....and replacing it with a (1 every 5 days) 1 day dye mania ticket for 200 boss souls is absolute garbage. It might seem petty, but that was just the last straw for me.

First it was removing the costumes from the COSTUME VENDOR, then it was all these stupid "EMP scroll shops", now the dye points are gone. 65-70 is still a shitshow with you so kindly handing players gear at 65 that is just good enough to not be able to actually do anything, including continuing leveling.

Have fun with this mess. Looks like someone said "hey, you know all those completely moronic decisions we have been making in Tera that is driving everyone off? Let's do that in Kritika, but WAY more."

• DiabelliaDiabellia Member, KOL ✭✭✭

Yeah, I hadn't played in a while. Decided to come back and check out all the updates and changes. It's like a completely different game now. Sadly, after all the changes, it isn't a game I have any interest in playing. Feels like for every 1 positive change there has been about 10 negative changes.

I hate seeing when games change like this, but oh well, was fun while it lasted.

• FrijinFrijin Member, KOL

Deleted
    DZ90-30m EXP Boost

why