From 7 a.m. to noon PST on Tuesday, December 18, we will be completing updates for our account management system as well as other game systems and servers. During this time, players will be unable to log in or play Kritika.

Thank you for your patience while we make these updates!

Just finished up most of the new quest stuff that is supposed to help low CR people....

edited December 7 in General Discussion

edit: I was wrong.

Comments

• ThewolfshadowThewolfshadow Member, KOL

The quest gear can be upgraded via evolution. You are given the mats needed (quest items tab) as you complete the quest lines which will upgrade the gear as you progress throughout the series of quests. I have only tested it lightly, but seems to progress from set to set this way (bonuses) as you go as well some charms and +8 stones to upgrade with. This series continues from Starhenge back to the other series through Titan ect.

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭

You do know the quest line comes with special material that evolve the free gear given to you right? It literally has its own quests telling you that you need to upgrade your gear and gives you the mats to do so before continuing to the next content. The free gear is its own special evolution path and progresses with the player as they go. Players are landing over 200k with the free gear and doing the quest.

• VertanaciaVertanacia Member, KOL

keep doing the quests they give you... my new voidmonk ended up with way over 300k cr and 45k sr

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 7

As I said as reply in the other thread, didn't you get a bunch of items to evolve your gear? As you keep doing quest stuff, you get some evolve stones, a bunch of mats, several sets of charms and +8 whetstones.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭

ok cool. I thought that was the end of the quests. I see now that it continues on and you end up much better off. Sorry for freaking out guys. At first I was confused with ending up at like 30k CR, but apparently I still had quite a few quests to do.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

Cool. Few things. You will be sent several times to complete a quest by talking to the evo blacksmith (the fat drunk guy). He will give you some items. These items are exclusive to the [Quest] labeled gear and won't work on regular pieces. The good thing is that to evolve this quest gear, all you need are those items and some gold. The quest itself will complete as soon as you get the items, so take some time to evolve the gear right there and then as soon as you get them. They won't work anywhere else anyway.

Second. At least once, I received a set of charms, two of them almost confused me, so always read where each charm goes beforehand. In my case, I got a charm usable on chest and legs, and another for chest only. If you use the chest/legs one on the chest, then you won't have any charm for the legs, because you will be left with the chest-only one. Mind those bits.

Lastly, use all you are given on the gear you are given. Since, again, the quest items allow you to only evolve the quest given gear, using anything on regular gear you will need to evolve the hard way is a waste. Do save any legendary gear you may obtain from your runs, though. It may be useful later.

• SpooklesSpookles Member, KOL ✭✭✭

I ended up with about 450,000 CR after enchanting to +8 (+9 on weapon), gemming, and rerolling the full gear set.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

That's great. I derped with the +8 stones and ended up with only 431K. So I have to get off my lazy butt and farm some enchant mats... But first, gotta finish my archer event thing. Still at 35 on that one.