We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Gold Costs for Gear Evolution

edited January 16 in General Discussion

I've been hearing different arguments in game, discord, and various guild chats about the current costs of progressing into stronger gear. For some it's an understandable gold sink, while for others it's become more of a bigger concern affecting their gaming experience. It hasn't been mentioned on the forums yet, so I thought I'd open up a topic to see what everyone else thinks. These are the current gear costs:

ARMOR
Dusk Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 3 million gold per piece
Dawn Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 30 million gold per piece
Dawn Evo 1 to Challenger (Tuner) Evo 0 = 10 million gold per piece
Challenger/Memorial Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 15 million gold per piece
Challenger/Memorial Evo 1 to Evo 2 = 25 million gold pier piece
Challenger/Memorial Evo 2 to Evo 3 = 35 million gold per piece
_Total Net Cost of Full set of max Evo Dusk gear = 15 million gold
Total Net Cost of Full set of max Evo Dawn gear = 150 million gold
Total Net cost of Full set of max Evo Challenger/Memorial gear = 425 million gold (575 million, if you are beginning from dawn evo 0) _

ACCESSORIES
Dusk Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 6 million gold per piece
Antique Accessories Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 15 million gold per piece
Antique Evo 1 to Challenger Accessories Evo 0 = 50 million per piece
Challenger/Memorial Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 70 million per piece
Total Net Cost of Full set of max Evo Dusk accessories = 18 million gold
Total Net Cost of Full set of max Evo Antique accessories = 45 million gold
Total Net Cost of Full set of max Challenger/Memorial accessories = 360 million gold (405 million gold if you are starting from Antique evo 0)

WEAPONS
Helioflare Evo 0 to Evo 1 = 80 million gold
Empress evo 0 all the way through Evo 2 and then to Helioflare Evo 1 =110 million gold
King/Quest weapon to Helioflare evo 0 = 70 million gold
Thermalar Evo 0 all the way through Evo 4 and then to Helioflare evo 0 = 66 million gold
Empress weapon craft = 100 million gold
Since Helioflare Evo1 requires a Helioflare evo0 and an Empress weapon with its evolution routes, the cost of Helioflare Evo1 is roughly between 246 million gold and 290 million gold

In short it'll roughly cost a player, not including farming the required materials, 33 million gold to obtain max Evo Dusk armor/accessories, 195 million gold to obtain max Evo Dawn/Antique armor/accessories, and 785 million gold for Dawn/Challenger armor/accessories (980 million gold if you count the costs of building the previous set and max Evo through the next set). In addition, the cost of the Helioflare weapon is roughly another 250 to 300 million gold or so.

Comments

• SarahBryantSarahBryant Member, KOL

Should add this in Kritika Guide website

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

So a sum somewhere past a billion gold. Is there a game source that can grant such amounts while grinding for the rest of the materials that doesn't have to include the auction house? Also, have you counted all the enhance attempts? I mean, this game gets ridiculous in terms of enchant failure from +6 and up.... HECK! I once failed 4 consecutive times to +1 something. Sure, quest gives us +8 stones now. But still, you can fail (as I have failed), more than 20 times in a row just to +9 something. And that's all gold lost (not counting hammers and whetstones wasted). And we all know that on high end game, using +8 is like joining the fray wielding a wet noodle while dressed in ramen.

So yeah, I suppose we all should wear our best suits, adjust our neckties, go to the auction house, and practice our best smiles to sell our stuff.

• W97Y7P6EN6W97Y7P6EN6 Member, KOL

in a month or 2 even stronger new gear will show up anyway.
    you should not try spending gold to evo if you are not a top 10 tryhard.

• ReiatzuReiatzu Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited January 16

@W97Y7P6EN6 said:
    in a month or 2 even stronger new gear will show up anyway.
    you should not try spending gold to evo if you are not a top 10 tryhard.

You are assuming that mythic gear will be dropped base for our version. Elemental Tuner required the prior gear set, dawn, to to be fully evolved before being able to make Elemental Tuner. If the next gear requires the prior set, we will have to spend the gold regardless. We don't know what is going to happen for the NA/EU exclusive.

@Nopi said:
    So a sum somewhere past a billion gold. Is there a game source that can grant such amounts while grinding for the rest of the materials that doesn't have to include the auction house? Also, have you counted all the enhance attempts? I mean, this game gets ridiculous in terms of enchant failure from +6 and up.... HECK! I once failed 4 consecutive times to +1 something. Sure, quest gives us +8 stones now. But still, you can fail (as I have failed), more than 20 times in a row just to +9 something. And that's all gold lost (not counting hammers and whetstones wasted). And we all know that on high end game, using +8 is like joining the fray wielding a wet noodle while dressed in ramen.

So yeah, I suppose we all should wear our best suits, adjust our neckties, go to the auction house, and practice our best smiles to sell our stuff.

+1 for that analogy

Besides unit insignia which were added last year and a slight increase in card rewards for challenger zone, there hasn't been much of a substantial way to obtain gold. I heavily relied on selling new gear that would drop to make gold/kred, but all the new gear is bind to account. And not much seems to sell except once in a while you see that rare wealthy donor looking for that one specific costume/accent/or rare item.

• DarkySaytyDarkySayty Member

For the financial trade in the game does not die even more, I believe that new form of obtaining gold should be implemented, taking into account the high costs to evolve our equipment. With the mechanics of evolving exclusively the items, the sales of Ultimates Zones was practically extinguished, ideally the future items would have the option to evolve, but that could also be obtained through sales among the players, so we would have the option to choose the path that most fits our standards. And that could improve the item sales industry and Ultimates Zones. Another thing that makes gold farme very frustrating is to depend on repeating several times the same dg to get a significant amount of gold. For example: Why do DGs in WH drop only gold in the cards (sometimes a box of material) and the new Challengers Zones drop green and blue items? currently we have 6 CZ, 120 daily entries and gold is becoming a great barrier to progression to the point that we have materials to evolve the items, but not have gold to be able to do that. The trade of items and the sales system of DGs must be resumed so that there is a better circulation of gold in the game.

• Everyone is now basically broke and trying to sell items have become like 10 times harder now since no one really has the gold to spare to buy items. Even if you tried to sell items at half price, it's hard to find buyers for some items, even popular and high demand items. They need to either reduce the cost of Evo (which could upset people who already evo'd items) or just add more ways to make gold like you said. Also would be nice if some of the future gear or items that gets dropped to be tradeable as well. We need some thing that is farmable that can be traded to players, should of really made the gear from the new CZ tradeable like how Helio is...

• J6FMCKRXXYJ6FMCKRXXY Member, KOL

The biggest issue with these costs is that the benefits aren't linear over time, the people who spend this gold early power-up fastest and generate more income faster. If you have been around a while its fairly easy to generate around 50m gold a week without too much effort, but if you aren't at the 1m+ cr tier you are gonna struggle unless you put in serious time. And as we've seen from the PTS notes there's already new gear on the horizon and the newest content is almost always the most profitable so it becomes a cycle of rich getting richer and you know the rest....

@J6FMCKRXXY said:
    The biggest issue with these costs is that the benefits aren't linear over time, the people who spend this gold early power-up fastest and generate more income faster. If you have been around a while its fairly easy to generate around 50m gold a week without too much effort, but if you aren't at the 1m+ cr tier you are gonna struggle unless you put in serious time. And as we've seen from the PTS notes there's already new gear on the horizon and the newest content is almost always the most profitable so it becomes a cycle of rich getting richer and you know the rest....

I understand your point of view, but the biggest problem is with the trading going on like this until the rich got poor, because it all depends on the rotation of gold in the server, we are seeing prices dropping from 50% to 70% depending on the items and even then we are not having buyers.

• J6FMCKRXXYJ6FMCKRXXY Member, KOL

Oh for sure you are right, which makes me wonder if this is intentional by the devs? Since no one's really buying eventually the rich are gonna blow through some of their gold reserves and soft 'reset' the economy. But that would mean they would need to bring the evo costs / etc down to reflect this new 'normal'. Until they do that people aren't gonna be too happy.

FYI another reason I am inclined to believe this theory is the Alandra Merchant Event which is yet another big gold sink - they seem to be intentionally draining the overall gold level.

I hope this situation changes with a future update, because I'm just managing to accumulate resources having as the greatest difficulty the lack of gold.

• HmoobLaujHmoobLauj Member

By the time that most people have farmed up the mats, they won't have the gold to evolve or they go broke after evolving. Seems like future evolutions will only get more expensive with helioflare evo2 requiring I think 80mil? with next patch. An easy band aid I can think of is increase the amount of unit insignias that we get from titan/abelard and increase the rate that we're able to get an actual increase of gold from alandra's daily boxes.

@HmoobLauj said:
    By the time that most people have farmed up the mats, they won't have the gold to evolve or they go broke after evolving. Seems like future evolutions will only get more expensive with helioflare evo2 requiring I think 80mil? with next patch. An easy band aid I can think of is increase the amount of unit insignias that we get from titan/abelard and increase the rate that we're able to get an actual increase of gold from alandra's daily boxes.

Would be a good way to get around the lack of gold a little bit, considering that the unit insignias that we get from titan / abelard have always been a good way to get gold, but as the evo price is only increasing even with many alts weekly value is not enough

• ForgetMercyForgetMercy Member, KOL ✭✭
    edited January 17

Removing gear from the challenger zone cards is a good idea, i can get behind that considering that we do farm these quite alot. In Addition i personally like that the end game gear is account bound it stops the people that basically want to buy their way to the highest gear in-game and actually requires you to make an effort/play the game to gear up.

• MajorThorMajorThor Member ✭✭

@ForgetMercy said:
    Removing gear from the challenger zone cards is a good idea, i can get behind that considering that we do farm these quite alot. In Addition i personally like that the end game gear is account bound it stops the people that basically want to buy their way to the highest gear in-game and actually requires you to make an effort/play the game to gear up.

Meanwhile it's played a good part in killing the economy (coupled with the ridiculous gold cost for Evo) . No ones buying or selling shit because there's nothing to buy and sell. Having Dawn and Antique tradable was actually a very good thing.

I'd buy things if I had gold to spend.

And whoever has made the new dungeon in PTS knows that our drop of materials will be competing with purple, green and blue items, there simply should not be such a drop in weekly DGs, not to mention the fact that we do not have the drop of boss souls Seven days waiting to make a specific item and we came across these items trashs =/, how many times we were not disappointed with a drop of a grand gloves in a UZ where they should drop end game items.

edited January 18

@MajorThor This is my personal opinion and i know some won't agree but I wouldn't say that's the particular reason the market died, it's the evo costs in general and there's alot of ways the game's economy can be fixed aside from unbinding the strongest gear in the game and making it possible to buy/upgrade it on day one if you're loaded which kinda removes any reason for you to even play the game, introducing new & creative methods to make gold like some of the ones mentioned in this thread would fix the majority of the problems, it's not that people can't make gold it's that people don't have expendable gold or gold to trade/buy things with aside from the gold they use or have to save for their evo costs. On a side note more events like Alandra's merchant shop would be appreciated, was quite a great event.

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited January 20

I would like to see older gear be able to be sold on the marketplace for Gold instead of just kredd. Like maybe everything up to Dusk or early Dawn stuff? I understand that the newest gear shouldnt be able to be sold for gold, but why is older gear (even Starhenge gear...lol) still only able to be listed for Kredd? This would make life a lot easier and help ease gold problems. I can see no reason to not allow this since people already sell the gear to each other for gold, its just a hassle to have to stand in town looking to buy an item or sell an item for hours on end.

• HmoobLaujHmoobLauj Member

@Aist said:
    I would like to see older gear be able to be sold on the marketplace for Gold instead of just kredd. Like maybe everything up to Dusk or early Dawn stuff? I understand that the newest gear shouldnt be able to be sold for gold, but why is older gear (even Starhenge gear...lol) still only able to be listed for Kredd? This would make life a lot easier and help ease gold problems. I can see no reason to not allow this since people already sell the gear to each other for gold, its just a hassle to have to stand in town looking to buy an item or sell an item for hours on end.

I'm all in for having ALL gear to be sold for gold on the aunction house actually. That way, seller can sell it based on what the seller needs. But that doesn't solve our gold issues since thats just gold circulation between players. The issue here is gold generation and if you don't have an army of alts, theres no way for you to generate gold in a reasonable time to offset the gold evolution costs.

• 4LN5LANMTK4LN5LANMTK Member, KOL

Yes i agree we need more ways to make gold like improving cards rewards or increasing gold from selling dropable gear/materials, or a nice event where you can make some extra gold

• SaekiiSaekii Member, KOL

I would be nice if they could somehow implement a weekly or a RNG spawned treasure dungeon ex. how this current Alandra event works, where you can enter and have certain amounts of gold and treasures drop that are far more than regular dungeons. Seeing as lower geared players are more than likely turned off once they see that Evo price tag and have no where close to enough funds to progress.

I also think having a player based market system for Kred to gold might be a nice idea if players who wanted to sell kred could instead list it to a market system instead of having to list everything for kred.
    That's just my two cents though.

@Saekii I like the weekly dungeon suggestion i think that should be a thing aswell, would be quite nice

@Saekii would be great and of great help, because in the matter of gold, the ways to achieve it are not keeping up with the growing demand.

• MajorThorMajorThor Member ✭✭

Evo2 Helioflare has a modest 80,000,000 gold crafting fee. Looks like our concerns are being taken into consideration. /s