We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

Let's Talk Elements

edited June 2017 in General Discussion

Anyone tried this?

My friend, who is a catpaw, stacked lightning element, and ma... does it shock all the time. It made bossing easier than easy.

I use dark element as a vamp and I have to say, I'm enjoying it.

However elemental build is just another gimmick build.

There's better builds like atk speed build or crit dmg to boss or boss dmg increase builds that perform better for certain classes, but elemental builds are fun to mess with.

Discuss your experience if you tried an elemental build below.

Comments

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

I'm mostly interested in learning how elemental damage functions on its own. If, for example I stack lightning damage % on my Catspaw, will it affect all the skills that don't have an elemental affix already and add it to everything that doesn't, or the other way around?

• CarthhCarthh Member

I can answer any ele questions you guys have, we've tested it fully over the last couple days. Ele damage increases your skills damage at 0.3% per 1 point. This effects any skill that has the same element related to the one you are increasing.

What you can do, is charm your weapon to gain an elemental bonus, when you do this, any skill that has no element attached to it, gains the element you added to your weapon, but will not change any skill that already has an element.

• EyriesEyries Member

Yup.

Basically on my Vamp, I got her to 121 Dark Bonus for that set activation.

Then use Greater Darkness on my scythe which basically turns all my attacks into dark element so I benefit from it.

It's like a major boost on damage.

• do you need to stack elemental bonus for this to apply or the element charm only?

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

Not sure at all

• CarthhCarthh Member
    edited June 2017

I'm not sure if those levels for elements are correct. I have 180 fire and the 60/90/120 buffs do not do what is listed in the first post. They each do a level 1 fire spell, a level 2 fire spell, a level 3 fire spell, which are, an aoe debuff dot, a forward firing flame attack, and a fiery explosion. Everything else looks correct aside from what the bonus themselves actually provide, just wanted to give a heads up.

• EyriesEyries Member

You can combine charms together by making them at the wonder machine 3000 (the one that looks like a big round gachapon machine).

And combine them both and hope you get a dark element. I also heard you can get it from daily dungeons, but I am not sure myself.

• EyriesEyries Member

Yes, you should get a random weapon element if you combine the charms.

But it's really all by luck.

• MaljasMaljas Member

Amazing information that I had no idea about. Thank you very much.

• ZagrimZagrim Member

Didnt know about this at all. Great information, but as a frost mage you are screwed? Since ice element seems kind of garbage?

• So there is no point at all in getting weapon_lightning_charm for a Wolf Guardian? Is it? And what about limit cap for attribute; how far can u get after 120 points, still getting benefits to dmg overall?

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017
    • Edited: Regardless if your class has an element or not, you still need an elemental weapon of that element to be effective.
  • WarteWarte Member

where to get weapon charm? level 60 and still to see 1 drop

• EyriesEyries Member

You can get some from lv.65 exchange in npc for your dimensional charge. Some are drops from mobs... but some people get it by combining charms and getting a weapon charm randomly (level 3 combine)

• I've been getting lvl 1 charms quite often in dungeons, spamming hard mode though.

• EyriesEyries Member

What element are you trying to achieve, Eroboros?

• Anyone get the bug after stacking Dark element?
    I currently have 43 Dark on my Crimson Assassin, and instead of just debuff/petrify monsters, I get petrify myself too.
    This is very annoying.
    Is it how dark element work? It doesnt only affect enemies but can debuff yourself as well?

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

That's not the DARK element, that's an effect from your ACCESSORIES. Check your necklace, ring, and earring's special property.That's the main culprit.

• @Eyries said:
    That's not the DARK element, that's an effect from your ACCESSORIES. Check your necklace, ring, and earring's special property.That's the main culprit.

Oh is it? I will check it.
    Thank you for the quick reply!

• @Eyries said:

Well currently I have 120 poison lol but I am aiming at either lightning or dark at 65. Catspaw btw but apparently this game refused to go my way and give me a dark IV of lightning, this thing is pretty beast though Dark Elemental weapon + 81 attack and since I found out the hard way that I need to DO elemental damage of said kind to get the procs to work, the 120 poison is just sitting there and rot since I have no poison III to make this weapon poison, trying to grab dark gears now, if my speculation is right, dark daily should be in 2 days lol.

• EyriesEyries Member

@Eroboros said:

@Eyries said:

Well currently I have 120 poison lol but I am aiming at either lightning or dark at 65. Catspaw btw but apparently this game refused to go my way and give me a dark IV of lightning, this thing is pretty beast though Dark Elemental weapon + 81 attack and since I found out the hard way that I need to DO elemental damage of said kind to get the procs to work, the 120 poison is just sitting there and rot since I have no poison III to make this weapon poison, trying to grab dark gears now, if my speculation is right, dark daily should be in 2 days lol.

The reason I ask is that you can get lightning or poison weapon charm easily from the lv.65 boxes. If you're interested in it.

Curerntly DARK is one of the hardest charm to get a weapon elemental charm for.

• @Eyries said:
    The reason I ask is that you can get lightning or poison weapon charm easily from the lv.65 boxes. If you're interested in it.

Curerntly DARK is one of the hardest charm to get a weapon elemental charm for.

oh? I opened one of the boxes and got the IV lol, was surprised. should I grab lighting or dark? since I can't dual element anyway so I gotta choose one

• EyriesEyries Member

Ah, what good luck. Yeah, I wish you the best. Lightning and DARK are amazing on catpaws. Though catpaws has a lot of interrupts so it works fine.

If you want to be even more dominating. Get a petrify necklace + haesar accessory.

You'll have DARK and chance to do petrify.

• @Eyries said:
    Ah, what good luck. Yeah, I wish you the best. Lightning and DARK are amazing on catpaws. Though catpaws has a lot of interrupts so it works fine.

If you want to be even more dominating. Get a petrify necklace + haesar accessory.

Ah alright, good to know, I'll probably start stacking Dark for now lol and maybe get my hand on a decent weapon

• what are the exact benefits of having a certain element? ive been thinking about this for a while and i would like to know for sure to plan things out for myself and to keep it in mind.

• EyriesEyries Member

What class are you thinking of playing and what element is your choice?

• im a catspaw, i was thinking about lightning. but i want to know more information before i take any more steps forward. dont want to waste resources and go back on it after

• @Eyries said:

I still don't know where to find the charm to activate DARK on my Assassin.
    I tried to follow your advice to craft charm from the 3000 machine, however, I don't know where to find the Pure Kritum to make the thing.

Regards

• EyriesEyries Member
    edited June 2017

@5RFM4NEL97 said:

@Eyries said:

I still don't know where to find the charm to activate DARK on my Assassin.
    I tried to follow your advice to craft charm from the 3000 machine, however, I don't know where to find the Pure Kritum to make the thing.

Regards

The blacksmith in any city, if you go to "crystals" can forge them from the salvage stuff you've been building.

@RTFXAN3434 said:
    im a catspaw, i was thinking about lightning. but i want to know more information before i take any more steps forward. dont want to waste resources and go back on it after

Lightning is great on a catpaw (make sure to have a lightning weapon).

If you wanna be the TopDog among the catpaw (ahaha), try to get these 2 accessories:

And

You need both to go hand in hand with each other, or else you'll petrify yourself a lot. One gives the petrify effect while one CANCELS the petrify effect on you and petrifies only the monsters.

Once you get both accessories, get a weapon lightning charm, charm your weapon. Then get lightning charms, power cores, etc. and reach 120.

Laugh as you PETRIFY the enemy and SHOCK them with increase lighting damage.

Best part? It says 1% trigger chance, but because catpaws MULTI hit a lot, you'll petrify and proc lightning often.

My friend Reya, who is a catpaw, uses this combo, and she's been soloing star henge easily on insane.

You can get both accessories in Keskyu Outpost from the Resistance Quartermaster.

Make sure to enchant them with minimum ligtning II or lightning III charms!

• Are the weapon elemental charms lowest grade blue? ? So I'd have to be incredibly lucky to merge several inferior gems, then merge average gems, then merge blue gems to even have a shot at getting a weapon charm.......?