We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Patch Notes - v153 Hot Fix

Comments

• @K4YGCALN64 said:
    Really everyone, u still don't get it why it was all implanted? OK let me explain. The game has huge monetary problems, maybe there were not enough players to buy founders pack or I don't know but there is a big problem with money, that miens that u can't afford that much workers on the game, so u can't afford to balance pvp for all lvls so u lock it for last lvl and u have less work, easier to balance. The items can bee bought but u still can farm them so it is not p2p, and the game needs money so I think it is OK since u can get items if u farm. As for the megafones, u don't really need them, u have a question? Go to the forum, u need a guild? Go to the forum, so not using megafones actually is positive because u finally have a reason to ..... Go to the forum. So yes it might not bee good changes but the other option is to close the game in 2-3 months, would that bee batter? So think before u judge.

Well it's drive away players which means to close the game in few months already mentioned about a solution...

• YungNAYungNA Member

Hi there.

I'm Yung from NA server. I've been playing this since CBT, literally counting the days to finally play the OBT and been addicted to it since then and to be honest it wouldn't be nice if the game dies already, I don't have much experience in a lot of MMO's so i don't really know if this is a good or a bad move, but listen:

If you really need money for game development, I'm totally sure that everyone will understand that, you have workers to get paid, but there's others ways to ask for it, for example literally telling the truth about the money issue and there's absolutely no problem with it.
    But when you say that this Hotfix is only to get people geared, then everyone (including me) feel the big lie in those words, because its so obvious that if you actually want to get people geared, just can just make it faster (like Tera double drop weekend).

I really like the fact that you guys actually respond to comments, listen to the feedbacks and try to do what you think is the best for the game, but you know what's the best for the game?, happy players.

Like I said, I don't know if this is a good or a bad Hotfix, if its gonna help f2p or p2w, but its not all about doing what you think is good; Its all about listening to the players.

Thanks to whoever read it, and I hope the game last many years!

• Cool, so since I don't have time to play a lot I cannot get my 1k kreds from pvp quests.
    Also I've heard, that from now you can buy the best gear in game with cash shop currency (kred?).

This game is live only for a 1 week and it's already heavily p2w.

Have fun, I'm out o7

• @MWP3YF9T5P said:
    Get over it - No one is forcing you to buy kreds to buy items. The only thing you can own is the arena and PvP, big deal.

The only thing you can own is the only thing in the game that's actually competitive. No big deal.

lmao

• @4JXLGLF96J said:
    Cool, so since I don't have time to play a lot I cannot get my 1k kreds from pvp quests.
    Also I've heard, that from now you can buy the best gear in game with cash shop currency (kred?).

Have fun, I'm out o7

so u dont have the time to level 2 chars to 15?
    and nobody cares if u quit or not

• @PE3REW754J said:

@4JXLGLF96J said:
    Cool, so since I don't have time to play a lot I cannot get my 1k kreds from pvp quests.

Have fun, I'm out o7

You know that pvp event is now available only to 65 lvl characters?

My 5 friends had quitted today as well. We really wanted to complete all the events, but looks like, with today changes, developers are trying to tell us to gtfo.

• CloudtwonjCloudtwonj Member
    edited July 2017

@PE3REW754J said:

@4JXLGLF96J said:

Have fun, I'm out o7

What do you mean level 2 characters to 15? They changed it so that no player under level 65 is unable to access the PvP event quest or the arena, which prevents any newer F2P players, presumably the ones they want to get "geared up," from getting any of the free kreds that would allow them to make use of the purchasable equipment.

• And Nothing about dealing with the bots ? Way to go for the second week EME...

• X3T7R4EAE6X3T7R4EAE6 Member
    edited July 2017

@Arccai said:
    So let me get this straight, everything can now be obtained with Kreds? :p

-> look at Auctions and search for items sold for Gold
    -> Can't find anything

I smell pay2win in the air

• NguyenLegendsNguyenLegends Member
    edited July 2017

Damn. I didn't know you could simply pay to win into the leader boards so you can reap the rewards to win some more. Just bought a founder pack for me and my sister too. Not sure if I want to risk charging back or not since I have a old founder tera account as well.

This same crap happened with Devillian. The people who were winning in leader boards were paying to win and got even more rewards.

Here is something you should do - Don't do the same crap Diablo 3 did with thier auction house. That killed the game. Make it to where you can trade items with your party members for just that one run only. This will allow friends who play together be able to help each other. I had gotten a legendary level 20 dagger and my sister could have used it since she is a catpaw character and I found out I couldn't trade it to her. That just feels bad.

You guys could have just went the Tera route. Pretty sure you made a lot of money in Tera already.

Greed ultimately destroys your game.

• @knoxxer said:

-Changing Starhenge legendary equipment to "bind on equip" and tradeable with Kred on the AH (see below)
    -Changing admission to the PvP channel, and PvP quest level to Lv. 65. (see below)

Really bad changes in my opinion.
    The trading system in this game is just like vanilla Diablo 3 RMAH, which failed miserably and got completely removed from the game shortly after.
    What makes you think such a system can work in Kritika online, when it failed already for Blizzard on a game like Diablo with millions of players?
    On a side note, D3 also had a Gold AH to buy gear, here is Kreds only so it's even worst.

• Well that update just killed all my hype. All you have to do was letting us trade with other players. Not some shitty Ah where you can buy only with kred. Who will even bother buying my 20 level legend weapon with kred? What is the point of playing with friends if you can't share?

• @senix187 said:
    There are a million ways to get people geared faster for new upcomming content.
    you decide to make it a Kred/Real money thing.
    Things you can do.

• Increase drop rate on (Fragments).
    • Decrease the amount of Hero Keystones it cost to make a legendary.
    • Increase Legendary drop rate.
    • Remove daily purchases of Starhenge Daily Suprise box.
    • Decrease the amount of Recalculation/Reappraisal scrolls to Reroll Stats to 7EA (like the korean and sea version).
    • Remove the daily purches of repair hammers.
    • Decrease the amount it cost to buy repair hammers
    • Make two Kred options one bought with emp one earned ingame.
    • Decrease the amount of RP it costs to enter Starhenge dungeons.
    • Make Legendary drops tradable in party. (forces more party play) Makes it feel like a actuall MMO.
    • Increase the enchancer's blessing you get using (enchant stones).

This is alot of things you can do in order to get people geared faster and all of them are better then the kred option.

I agree with almost everything but think they should go even further.
    Something like this -
    Remove Stamina, remove daily purchase limits, remove Kred (only gold AH and trade), add player trade, remove Stability etcr Basically make game super chill and casual so you can be done with each new content tier withing 1-2 months.
    The only problem will remain is that some people will complain that there is nothing to do in the game or they are bored but such a crowd exist in any online game.

• AlexG2AlexG2 Member

No news about badges ? cant trade my badges -.-

• HXKLGAYHamsterHXKLGAYHamster Member
    edited July 2017

@AlexG2 said:

And yes make green and higher rank badges, scrolles and other stuffs account bound so F2P players can farm them in huge billion bulks with alts.

• @Aist said:
    This is just embarrassing. I love how they try to hide the true reason for this change It's like peeing on my leg and telling me its raining. No one can be dumb enough to not realize this is just a cash grab. "We are doing it to help the players"..lol, yeah right

because letting people make 120 bucks for selling a item they found while playing is a cash grab lmao

• @Jasonfly said:
    Oh wow I'm honestly not sure what you guys are on about.

Me as a F2P player, what I need the most are KREDS. This change will make it easier for me to get KREDS by selling starhenge drops, thus making me close the gap to P2W players. What you need to remember is that for there to be a buyer, there needs to be a SELLER. The difference here is that the seller is not EN MASSE, but it's the player. A P2W buys, a F2P sells. A P2W gets item, a F2P gets KRED. With those KREDS a F2P can buy cash shop items, or even buy their own starhenge items.

Will this change make starhenge less rare? Yes.
    Will this change turn game P2W? Hell no, it will just bring more KREDS to me.

that would be true if it was a real transaction, but there is no way for you to materialise your kred in real money, you will still end up spending it on the game if you think any company would do anything for you you are mistaken profit its all that matters. Some are suble about it some less so, some even try hard to release content to prove that they deserve the money of their players, and i can tell you for sure that en masse is not the latter.

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭

@9P4XJ75F5G said:

@Jasonfly said:

Me as a F2P player, what I need the most are KREDS. This change will make it easier for me to get KREDS by selling starhenge drops, thus making me close the gap to P2W players. What you need to remember is that for there to be a buyer, there needs to be a SELLER. The difference here is that the seller is not EN MASSE, but it's the player. A P2W buys, a F2P sells. A P2W gets item, a F2P gets KRED. With those KREDS a F2P can buy cash shop items, or even buy their own starhenge items.

that would be true if it was a real transaction, but there is no way for you to materialise your kred in real money, you will still end up spending it on the game if you think any company would do anything for you you are mistaken profit its all that matters. Some are suble about it some less so, some even try hard to release content to prove that they deserve the money of their players, and i can tell you for sure that en masse is not the latter.

I dont understand why exactly not being able to materialise kreds in real money would make anything I said not true. What we're discussing here is the abity/inability of F2P players closing the gap to paying players. The more ways there is to make kreds ingame, easier it is to close the gap.

I'm not saying that I like the fact of being able to simply buy end-game gear. It indeed makes endgame gear less rare and easier to get, but It's not necessarily negative for F2P players since we can just farm and exchange it for kreds instead. If people want to use the P2W argument, there are other much worse aspects in the game that can be used. Costumes<->Badges and hammers - those are the true "P2W" things that should be used for arguments.

• The problem with starhenge becoming trade able simply means anyone with the Kred and Cash to flood the market will do so. I decided to test out my theory on what I could buy with dumping 80 quid (12000 Emp into the game). I could have bought a full set of T6 (level 65) Legendary Gear no problem.

The only other pay wall to this is enchanting / hammers. But to the whales it really won't be of any concern. Any hope I had of this game getting somewhere went up in smoke with these patch notes. I think I'll level to 65 gear up as far as I'm satisfied with then just call the PvP lobbies my home. Only next dose of cash Eme will get off me is for elite / single costume set. You clearly didn't learn your lessons from Tera which is probably why bluehole have what looks to be a very "promising" patch.

• @Jasonfly said:

@9P4XJ75F5G said:

@Jasonfly said:

I dont understand why exactly not being able to materialise kreds in real money would make anything I said not true. What we're discussing here is the abity/inability of F2P players closing the gap to paying players. The more ways there is to make kreds ingame, easier it is to close the gap.

I'm not saying that I like the fact of being able to simply buy end-game gear. It indeed makes endgame gear less rare and easier to get, but It's not necessarily negative for F2P players since we can just farm and exchange it for kreds instead. If people want to use the P2W argument, there are other much worse aspects in the game that can be used. Costumes<->Badges and hammers - those are the true "P2W" things that should be used for arguments.

your comparision is invalid because those badges can be earned in game and no its not the same as with the BoE items, you cant sell those badges for kred you simply farm them, selling BiS gear for real money is not ok for both f2p and whales, just look at diablo.

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

@9P4XJ75F5G said:

@Jasonfly said:

@9P4XJ75F5G said:

@Jasonfly said:

your comparision is invalid because those badges can be earned in game and no its not the same as with the BoE items, you cant sell those badges for kred you simply farm them, selling BiS gear for real money is not ok for both f2p and whales, just look at diablo.

I dont understand your point. Badges can be acquired ingame yes, and so does starhenge gear - and while Paying players buys starhenge directly from other players, they buy badges directly from cash shop, and in this case the kreds goes back to enmasse, while with starhenge it change hands to another player. Additionally someone would much faster farm the whole starhenge set than farm full purple badges. Badges p2w is much worse than starhenge p2w.

One of the biggest reasons why I think that making starhenge gear tradable right now is not that much of a terrible move is mainly for one reason - our version of the game is just too old. To keep the player, Enmasse will need to add content faster than the usual MMO. Starhenge will be obsolete very soon, probably before the fastest player get the whole set - which is why there's not much of a point for them to keep it bound, might aswell make them easier to acquire for people to gear up faster. And in the meanwhile, purple badges are BiS forever.

• @Jasonfly said:

@9P4XJ75F5G said:

@Jasonfly said:

@9P4XJ75F5G said:

@Jasonfly said:

I dont understand your point. Badges can be acquired ingame yes, and so does starhenge gear - and while Paying players buys starhenge directly from other players, they buy badges directly from cash shop, and in this case the kreds goes back to enmasse, while with starhenge it change hands to another player. Additionally someone would much faster farm the whole starhenge set than farm full purple badges. Badges p2w is much worse than starhenge p2w.

One of the biggest reasons why I think that making starhenge gear tradable right now is not that much of a terrible move is mainly for one reason - our version of the game is just too old. To keep the player, Enmasse will need to add content faster than the usual MMO. Starhenge will be obsolete very soon, probably before the fastest player get the whole set - which is why there's not much of a point for them to keep it bound, might aswell make them easier to acquire for people to gear up faster. And in the meanwhile, purple badges are BiS forever.

Drop rates still to low so only a handfull of players that buy it for real cash will have enough gear to do the next content patch.
    Emass so called fix back fired hard only big spenders will buy a item for a 100 bucks.

Droprates need to be increased or just give us the patch that cut keystone by 50% to craft the gear like KR.

Hell it wouldnt even be a problem if our version has some normal droprate at 0rp but 95% of the runs you get nothing.
    It soul sucking enough to run 1 char to 0 rp day afther day afhter 400ish runs still not have a legendary to show for it outside of crafting.

And people wonder why there are so many bots running this game.

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff mod
    edited July 2017

@AlexG2 said:

Badge trade-ability issues are a known bug that we're working to resolve soon!

@TrialMacameau said:
    And Nothing about dealing with the bots ? Way to go for the second week EME...

Limiting the purchase of megaphones to level 65 is a temporary measure to deal with them while we find a more permanent solution.

@MHE9YKR5DE said:
    Well that update just killed all my hype. All you have to do was letting us trade with other players. Not some shitty Ah where you can buy only with kred. Who will even bother buying my 20 level legend weapon with kred? What is the point of playing with friends if you can't share?

The eventual goal is to make everything in the AH purchasable with Kred AND Gold, but we're rolling out those changes a few at a time to monitor their effect on the economy.

@Jasonfly said:

This is indeed one of our goals. We're trying to maintain a fairly aggressive content release schedule and part of the intent with these changes was to assist in the gearing process for upcoming content. On top of that, we hoped it would have the extra benefit of allowing players who get unneeded drops to filter those back into the economy and receive some Kred in the process instead of being forced to scrap them.

All of that said, we've been talking with ALLM about some of the player concerns around the latest patch and we're working with them to provide a clearer vision of the end-game gear life cycle so that players can know how to value their drops going forward. I hope to have that info to you all soon!

• @Smoreceror said:

@AlexG2 said:

Badge trade-ability issues are a known bug that we're working to resolve soon!

@TrialMacameau said:
    And Nothing about dealing with the bots ? Way to go for the second week EME...

Limiting the purchase of megaphones to level 65 is a temporary measure to deal with them while we find a more permanent solution.

@MHE9YKR5DE said:
    Well that update just killed all my hype. All you have to do was letting us trade with other players. Not some shitty Ah where you can buy only with kred. Who will even bother buying my 20 level legend weapon with kred? What is the point of playing with friends if you can't share?

The eventual goal is to make everything in the AH purchasable with Kred AND Gold, but we're rolling out those changes a few at a time to monitor their effect on the economy.

@Jasonfly said:

This is indeed one of our goals. We're trying to maintain a fairly aggressive content release schedule and part of the intent with these changes was to assist in the gearing process for upcoming content. On top of that, we hoped it would have the extra benefit of allowing players who get unneeded drops to filter those back into the economy and receive some Kred in the process instead of being forced to scrap them.

All of that said, we've been talking with ALLM about some of the player concerns around the latest patch and we're working with them to provide a clearer vision of the end-game gear life cycle so that players can know how to value their drops going forward. I hope to have that info to you all soon!

I've asked countless times on the discord server and pinged you guys countless times on the forums to get an answer if you guys know about all the quest bugs?There are many threads showing that players can't complete quests or dont get any main quests at all

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@GHYGFP5D6M said:
    I've asked countless times on the discord server and pinged you guys countless times on the forums to get an answer if you guys know about all the quest bugs?There are many threads showing that players can't complete quests or dont get any main quests at all

I'm sure they're actively following the bug report posts especially the popular ones. They're probably short on staff considering there's only 2 or 3 forum representatives here, and the development team supporting this game at ALLM might be small as well. They can either use their time responding to all the threads and get nothing fixed, or they can use their time to rush directly into fixing the problems. It's not always easy to fix bugs, especially with small teams, and even more so when we are talking about small teams communicating overseas with timezone differences and such. Just give them some time and remember they don't work on weekends.

• DawlinDawlin Member

@Smoreceror - any news about potential unbinding of non-useable Starhenge gear that some of us got before 1.53? I am still stuck with a dagger on my Vamp, and would very much like to put it on AH. I opened the box that it was in on Tuesday, patch went out on Wednesday.

I would never have opened random boxes if I had known about the hotfix in advance.

• DawlinDawlin Member
    edited July 2017

@Smoreceror - could we get a "yes, they will be unbound" or a "no, they will not be unbound" answer to the question above? I want to know if I will be able to (change of plans!) use this dagger on my Wolfguardian, or if I should shred it?

• xManiNekoxManiNeko Member ✭✭✭

@Dawlin said:
    @Smoreceror - could we get a "yes, they will be unbound" or a "no, they will not be unbound" answer to the question above? I want to know if I will be able to (change of plans!) use this dagger on my Wolfguardian, or if I should shred it?

I would like to know this as well :)

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff mod

@xManiNeko said:

@Dawlin said:

I would like to know this as well :)

I'm working to get some clarification on this - thanks for you patience while I'm looking into it!