We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower.

"Just hit 65, do Starhenge"...feels like a step missing in there

edited July 2017 in General Discussion

The jump from Skyship to Starhenge is insane.Even trying to do the intro SH quests on EASY is burning through every Res stone I have very quickly. Now, this is on an alt character, but I dont remember my first character having such a hard time transitioning into Starhenge. Maybe I just stink at this character or maybe this character is just not very good.

Anyways, I guess the question is, what to do with a character (that needs a little extra help) to PREPARE for Starhenge? I guess I can log on every day on this alt and blow every res stone in 5 minutes and do 1 dungeon a day by throwing my 3 EX moves then dying, rinse repeat....but that seems incredibly counterproductive. Is there not a better way to get a crappy character ready to do these quests other than jumping in and blowing 10-20 res stones a dungeon?

Like I said, this is an alt. I have already done SH plenty on my main, but this alt is just struggling badly in there. I understand the mechanics and everything, I just need a way to get this character a little better prepared since I struggle on her.

Comments

  • Just check guide on youtube about each dungeon, you are only dying that much because you don't know what to do each pattern (I did it myself because I didn't know any spell and went yolo)

  • AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

    @FLAWFHMM5A said:
    Just check guide on youtube about each dungeon, you are only dying that much because you don't know what to do each pattern (I did it myself because I didn't know any spell and went yolo)

    This is an alt, I have run these dungeons hundreds of times on my main. Like I said. I know the mechanics, the character is just extremely undergeared or squishy garbage. Not sure, maybe a bit of both, or maybe I am just awful at her.

    Anyways, the question is how to get a character prepared better for doing SH, not how to do SH.

  • If you've done this on your main already, what are the big differences creating an issue?
    What character is your main and what character is your alt?
    Did you solo on your main? Did you solo on your alt?

    i personally don't find very much enjoyment in playing alone, so I don't particularly play games along. However, I would say the first step is getting the free 60 legendary they hand you after the first quest in SH and going from there. After that, it's all about positioning and understanding mechanics. If you feel your character is too weak, the best possible option is farming the last stage in Xanadu as it has really nice purple gear and a potential at 60 legendary.

    Worse comes to worse, see if you can at least join a party for a few runs. channel 1 often has people.

  • CarthhCarthh Member

    Have you done all your legendary accessory quests? You should have two level 60 accessories and one level 55. Use the 1k kred you get from hitting 65 to purchase a head piece and some gloves for the most damage. Enhance the accessories to the best of your ability, charm your weapon with your element, then put ele charms on your accessories. This is very easy and should be more than enough to do your first quest to unlock your weapon. If this is your alt your main can easily provide the gold or violet boss souls to get the charms and money for enhancing.

  • NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

    stats rerols i guess get a offensive stat on each part of our gear. That helped my alts to run starhenge

  • idk man i did it on my alt on easy with another fresh 65 and it went fine, we were both undergeared, only thing i can say is i had to use mana pots cause i didnt have enough mana to finish lol (frost mage).
    I guess you could always ask for a daily group and then do it with another daily group to do your actual dailies...or find get a guild and ask anyone geared to help you really quick to do it

  • NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

    @Carthh said:
    Have you done all your legendary accessory quests? You should have two level 60 accessories and one level 55. Use the 1k kred you get from hitting 65 to purchase a head piece and some gloves for the most damage. Enhance the accessories to the best of your ability, charm your weapon with your element, then put ele charms on your accessories. This is very easy and should be more than enough to do your first quest to unlock your weapon. If this is your alt your main can easily provide the gold or violet boss souls to get the charms and money for enhancing.

    Excuse me, where can I get these accessory quests? I personally don't remember getting any of that on my way through Xanadu.

  • @Nopi said:

    @Carthh said:
    Have you done all your legendary accessory quests? You should have two level 60 accessories and one level 55. Use the 1k kred you get from hitting 65 to purchase a head piece and some gloves for the most damage. Enhance the accessories to the best of your ability, charm your weapon with your element, then put ele charms on your accessories. This is very easy and should be more than enough to do your first quest to unlock your weapon. If this is your alt your main can easily provide the gold or violet boss souls to get the charms and money for enhancing.

    Excuse me, where can I get these accessory quests? I personally don't remember getting any of that on my way through Xanadu.

    you should have got quests that says you need to do a dungeon on insane in a party of 2...they give that

  • ElysuuElysuu Member

    @Nopi said:
    Excuse me, where can I get these accessory quests? I personally don't remember getting any of that on my way through Xanadu.

    All the quests that make you do a run in a party of 2 give a free legendary accessory box appropriate for the level. You get one at 35/45/55 and two at 60. If you skipped side quests while leveling then you better go back and do those.

  • ShadeNightzShadeNightz Member
    edited July 2017

    I don't know man the boss for Perumagion Pathway is pretty garbage. All the other ones seem fine, but that aoe seems a little unfair? can't kill the sentinel fast enough, snubbed. No I-frame abilities up? Snubbed. The only AoE from that instance of attacks that is avoidable is the last one it does that drops rocks from the ceiling. Unless I'm completely missing something about avoiding that AoE, it's bullspit.
    Edit: Looks like I missed a mechanic, still requires I-frames though.

  • NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

    Oh, yeah, the Insane party quests. Forgot those gave something meaningful. Thanks.

  • You need to do starhenge in parties of 4. It makes the bosses pretty easy as long as they perma stunned.

  • There needs to be more free res stones a day. Needs at least 5 a day.

Sign In or Register to comment.