We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Let's talk about AH being Kred and DoomBlade (or your class) @Enmasse

I want to start out by saying I'm glad Enmasse is the publisher of this game because they really know how to run an MMORPG better than like, 70% of the other publishers that are completely horrendous like Aeria or Nexon.

However, one of the things that is agitating me and scurrying most new players away is the game technically being Pay2Win. You can get almost everything F2P which is great, however, you can literally still pay for your gear, anything you need. Kred in AH is a terrible idea and should be gold for more than just P2W reasons. Furthermore, gold should be inflated to compensate in end game content, especially because arena is a gold dump (or you can just remove the fee to get into arena completely).

What are your thoughts on this?

Now, about DoomBlade, well I have 2 problems, mostly just one. Shadow Stride and the Ultimate (Draw). Stride should definitely do more damage for a high level ability, that does less damage than a 3 second cooldown ability you get at the start of the game overall, with ease. It also has a semi-long (and also badass) animation that just goes to waste.

Now the real problem is ultimate draw. Why does it have a 10second cast time? The burst it gives does not justify this whatsoever and it can't be called an Ultimate ability if it's not so ultimate.

Cast time should be reduced by at least 30% minimum, I'd say 50% would be adequate personally or the damage numbers need to double, however cast time + slight damage increase would be optimal to call it a viable "ultimate" at a 3minute cooldown. We don't need it to be a long iframe, we need it to deal insane damage.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• edited July 2017

@Crimina said:
    It does less damage than a 3 second cooldown ability you get at the start of the game

All this means is that Dark Slash does way too much damage.

• We don't need it to be a long iframe, we need it to deal insane damage.

Thanks for reading

For we what you mean? DB?

• @SupremeTentacle said:

No, you have it backwards. Dark slash is a filler ability, it scales well is all. The damage output is nothing special.

@37RCXG5977 said:

Deadly Draw, the ultimate, of course.

• @37RCXG5977 said:

Deadly Draw, the ultimate, of course.

i asked somenthing different. you said we need to deal insande damage. but we whom?

• TwilightPandaTwilightPanda Member ✭✭✭

doom blade already OP, son :|

• Lol, u can't imagine warp Mage ult look like, never used,

• Stride can be used as an iframe and more efficient then some skills in certain scenarios. The ultimate can also be used efficiently in certain scenarios and gives utility if you read the description. I dont use/need these skills so I havent found it to be an issue.

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭

What difference would there be if the auction was gold only? Paying players would still easily be able to trade their kreds into gold. At least this way F2P players can get their hands on Kreds without the risk of being scammed.

• in their recent post in news and anouncements they said they are putting things for gold instead of kred.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Abaddonoffire said:
    in their recent post in news and anouncements they said they are putting things for gold instead of kred.

Gear remains kred-only though.

• UtsaUtsa Member

More like nerf DB. You don't need the ultimate to do your damage. Most ultimate skills are utter crap.
    Catspaws take like 20 secs to finish their ultimate for a damage % that you can do in 5 secs of combo.
    Frost Mages have a super long weak pull before damage actually procs.
    Wolf Guardians take so freaking long to shoot up the laser, the target already moved and it's so slow to move the crap damage laser.
    Vamps again animation is too long, waste of time with utter crap damage.
    Valkyrie again animation is too long.
    Idk whatever everything is too long no point LOL. All these cut scene skills are dumb.

• edited July 2017

@Crimina said:

@SupremeTentacle said:

No, you have it backwards. **Dark slash is a filler ability, it scales well is all. **The damage output is nothing special.

The bolded section proves my point. It's one of the best scaling low level skills in the game. It gains 510% damage per level, and ends up scaling some of doomblades higher level skills, not because the higher level skills are weak, but because dark slash is ridiculous, especially with its 3 second cooldown.

If anything, this skill's cooldown needs to be drastically increased to stop doomblades from 100-0ing people in PvP without having to use their brains.

Doomblade is completely ridiculous in the game's current iteration and needs nerfs as opposed to buffs. Unless you want to buff every other class, that is.

• People do realize we still have not gotten reworks that classes get that the Korean version has done right.....

• Its a 10 second iframe it would be useful even if it didnt do any damage at all.

• @Indalacheon said:
    Its a 10 second iframe it would be useful even if it didnt do any damage at all.

We do NOT need more iframes, on an ultimate ability.

• @Saitana said:
    People do realize we still have not gotten reworks that classes get that the Korean version has done right.....

Sorry can you send me a link to all the recent changes we haven't received? Thanks in advance.

• CriminaCrimina Member
    edited July 2017

@SupremeTentacle said:

The bolded section proves my point. It's one of the best scaling low level skills in the game. It gains 510% damage per level, and ends up scaling some of doomblades higher level skills, not because the higher level skills are weak, but because dark slash is ridiculous, especially with its 3 second cooldown.

If anything, this skill's cooldown needs to be drastically increased to stop doomblades from 100-0ing people in PvP without having to use their brains.

Doomblade is completely ridiculous in the game's current iteration and needs nerfs as opposed to buffs. Unless you want to buff every other class, that is.

Ummm no, catspaw and valk/vamp are doing just as good if not better, and dark slash is not used in the beginning of combos, it's a waste of overall DPS. You clearly know nothing about DB especially mentioning irrelevant things in your argument like PvP when this is a PvE discussion.

• @Utsa said:
    More like nerf DB. You don't need the ultimate to do your damage. Most ultimate skills are utter crap.
    Catspaws take like 20 secs to finish their ultimate for a damage % that you can do in 5 secs of combo.
    Frost Mages have a super long weak pull before damage actually procs.
    Wolf Guardians take so freaking long to shoot up the laser, the target already moved and it's so slow to move the crap damage laser.
    Vamps again animation is too long, waste of time with utter crap damage.
    Valkyrie again animation is too long.
    Idk whatever everything is too long no point LOL. All these cut scene skills are dumb.

I mean, you have a point, but that just means classes need to be all touched up.DB needs buffs if anything, Idk what you're smoking. Sure we have some strong abilities but skills like dancing shadows, phantom cross, and purgatory wave are trash and not even picked up for the most part. Most classes have trashy skills too but you get the point.

• @Crimina said:

Ummm no, catspaw and valk/vamp are doing just as good if not better, and dark slash is not used in the beginning of combos, it's a waste of overall DPS. You clearly know nothing about DB especially mentioning irrelevant things in your argument like PvP when this is a PvE discussion.

I never said it's to be used @ the start of a combo.

Catspaw does scale a bit harder, hence why I said ONE of the best and not the best. That said, claw slash also happens to be on a much longer cooldown.

None of vamps or valk's skills early skills scale over 500%/skill level.

You never stated whether it was a pve or pvp discussion, and combo extensions are by no means irrelevant given that you can juggle arena bosses in roughly the same manner you juggle players.

Doomblade is absolutely broken, and there's no denying it.

• TwilightPandaTwilightPanda Member ✭✭✭

Doomblades should be subject to mandatory playing of wolf guardian, fire lord, or warp mage to see how good they have it, and reduce whine levels for the benefit of the public

• @Crimina said:

@Saitana said:
    People do realize we still have not gotten reworks that classes get that the Korean version has done right.....

Sorry can you send me a link to all the recent changes we haven't received? Thanks in advance.

I haven't really tried the Korean server, but can and will do.

• @SupremeTentacle said:

Stop acting like dark slash is a broken skill, when in reality it is a filler ability with decent ATK%. Go make a doomblade and let me know how broken we are till your CR is extremely high you aint out dmging shit before that.

• @TwilightPanda said:
    Doomblades should be subject to mandatory playing of wolf guardian, fire lord, or warp mage to see how good they have it, and reduce whine levels for the benefit of the public

Nobody is whining, just suggestions lol. Firelord has insane burst and is perfect for the current meta because he can 1 shot ANYTHING. Burst as of right now is always triumphant, fact.

• RyxaRyxa Member
    edited July 2017

@Crimina said:

@SupremeTentacle said:

Stop acting like dark slash is a broken skill, when in reality it is a filler ability with decent ATK%. Go make a doomblade and let me know how broken we are till your CR is extremely high you aint out dmging shit before that.

I have a Doomblade with only 6k CR and I can do 120k on RMB... which is even more spammable than Dark Slash. Definitely not broken. It totally doesn't have 5 charges instantly after buffing, another 5 charges over time, and gains 1 charge after skill use for like 40% of your skills or anything. It also totally doesn't dash forward an enormous distance. You totally can't clear Belladonna Manor in about 15 seconds when the most geared players of other classes need 20-25 seconds or anything either. Someone posted a video of 17 second Belladonna Manor as Doomblade at some point and I believe it was before Starhenge gear was tradable.

Also there's no point bringing up the changes in KR server. I don't think NA/EU will be getting those updates based on what EME has said - specifically about Assassin getting nerfed. Playing around on KR server the only "nerf" Assassin has received compared to what we have is a bleed stack cap of 10 instead of 20. Everything else I'm aware of has been purely buffs to Assassin. For example, Catapult has ultra in KR whereas it does not in NA/EU. Another example is, if I recall correctly, that their increased damage to bleeding targets is also higher in KR than in NA. I think some of the passive bonus is as high as doubled even. Correct me if I'm wrong... I played mainly Eclair so I'm not 100% certain.

• @Crimina said:

@SupremeTentacle said:

1. It is a broken skill. In fact, most things on doomblade are broken. Doomblade does more damage with dark slash than many classes do with their 20~40 second "higher damage" cooldown skills excluding the level 60 skill because it's almost always weak. In fact, dark slash is literally only a filler skill because everything else on doomblade is complete bullshit.

2. I have a doomblade.

As for burst, doomblade has high burst too. It's called mashing right click.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

So basically, everyone else and all the Korean tier lists saying Demonblade is SS tier in both PvE and PvP and that the class is broken and needs nerfs. Then we have that one guy saying the exact opposite.

• UtsaUtsa Member

Can't deny DB being the most OP currently. Sorry to pop (attempt) your bubble. /: Arena is littered with them. Takes other classes above 100k CR to even attempt top 50 and will fail / pushed back to top 100 while a DB can literally have 60k - 70k CR and be top 50. I don't know man, you tell me why a low CR DB can 1 shot bosses on a low cool down.

• EtliaEtlia Member

Doomblade is definitely an extremely strong class. I would wager and say that's probably the current strongest class. I mean, the current rank one in the PvE leaderboards is a Doomblade. Then again, anything with high enough CR is good, and it isn't like the current arena set-up is very fair.

On top of just getting extremely valuable stats as a passive on a cooldown, allowing you to gear in ways that aren't available to some of the other classes seems a bit broken to me.

• @Utsa said:
    Can't deny DB being the most OP currently. Sorry to pop (attempt) your bubble. /: Arena is littered with them. Takes other classes above 100k CR to even attempt top 50 and will fail / pushed back to top 100 while a DB can literally have 60k - 70k CR and be top 50. I don't know man, you tell me why a low CR DB can 1 shot bosses on a low cool down.

Arena should really be separated by class anyway though so you don't get punished for playing a class you like, but can't crank out the same DPS as others. Even if DB get's nerfed, I still doubt you'd start seeing more Warp Mages for example popping up in top rankings, if it was Warp Mage vs Warp Mage in arena it would be more fair for them.

• iKouriiKouri Member
    edited July 2017

DB is fine as if. His main damage source comes from Cutting Wave and getting back attacks so I'm actually really glad that his ultimate is something more of a utility skill that stuns the boss and provides a long iFrame.

True, Shadow Stride could do with a bit of a damage boost, but it's a bit of a finnicky skill and, again, I only use it for the iFrames.

I also doubt anyone will still be unhappy with DB once imprinting comes and he basically gets infinite Cutting Waves.

@Crimina said:
    We do NOT need more iframes, on an ultimate ability.

Lmao. You can never have too many iFrames in this game as a lot of boss attacks will practically be demanding them if you want to keep your DPS up, if not now then definitely so in the future.