We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Huge glitch with purple/legendary artifacts.

I've found a huge glitch that can potentially ruin the game. It has something to do with purple/legendary artifacts. For example "Tarocco True Shard", which is a purple artifact. In its special properties, it says "Use to increase... for 15 seconds (3 mins CD)" Well here's the problem! Taking the artifact off and equipping it back on completely resets the CD and it can be reused instantly. (Make sure that you read the part bellow.)

Just updating some stuff. Apparently the glitch works like this. You can use a purple artifact's special effect>requip it and then the CD will reset (it'll say "unable to use"). Then head into the next room and then you'll be able to use it again. People can really abuse this in arena. It's also possible to equip different purple artifacts and use their effects all in one room, because they seem to have seperate CD's.

Like the post if you want this glitch to be fixed.
This needs to be hotfixed now.

My suggestions on how to fix it:
1.Make all the artifacts have shared CD's.
2.Make it so that players have to equip purple/legendary artifacts before even entering a dungeon, otherwise the cooldown will automatically be set to 3 mins and players will have to wait 3 mins before being able to activate it even once.

Comments

• It's a most knowing bug if u ever play CN or KR server

• U can even spam more than one arti. If u want, really broken.

• ExpedExped Member

@9R4ECR7H3R said:
    U can even spam more than one arti. If u want, really broken.

yup. Pretty sure a lot of top players are abusing.

• EtliaEtlia Member
    edited July 2017

I tried this and couldn't recreate it. It would just say the item wasn't able to be used at that time.

Sorry, I didn't fully read. If you can really use it in the next room, that's kind of sad. It should be fixed.

• @Exped said:

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

Ever played end game at DFO? Just like that way, before boss room, u switch like 3-4 sets of gear and casting buff so u one hit ko boss

• ElysuuElysuu Member

Why didn't you just PM a mod or something instead of explaining the exploit to the public?

• ExpedExped Member

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

@Exped said:

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

Ever played end game at DFO? Just like that way, before boss room, u switch like 3-4 sets of gear and casting buff so u one hit ko boss

That's not the problem. It's resetting the CD's of the exact same artifact. Also imo should apply to all art's

• CarthhCarthh Member

@Exped said:

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

I too have lots of substantial evidence to back up this ludicrous claim and can prove it as a fact. Oh wait.

• InvincibleExistenceInvincibleExistence Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

@Elysuu said:
    Why didn't you just PM a mod or something instead of explaining the exploit to the public?

The only way they'll fix the exploit is if people abuse it. (Which most people do, secretly.)

• ElysuuElysuu Member
    edited July 2017

@InvincibleExistence said:

@Elysuu said:

The only way they'll fix the exploit is if people abuse it. (Which most people do, secretly.)

How do you know "most people" do it if they do it secretly? What if most people actually didn't know about this until they read this post? You said it yourself: "a huge glitch that can potentially ruin the game". I don't think you're supposed to go around telling everyone how to abuse a huge glitch that can potentially ruin the game before they fix it. I suggest you just remove the instructions on how to do it and PM the mods with those instructions instead.

Edit: FYI, I don't even have a purple artifact and didn't even know this was a thing or how to do this until I read this thread.

• @Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

How do you know "most people" do it if they do it secretly? What if most people actually didn't know about this until they read this post? You said it yourself: "a huge glitch that can potentially ruin the game". I don't think you're supposed to go around telling everyone how to abuse a huge glitch that can potentially ruin the game before they fix it. I suggest you just remove the instructions on how to do it and PM the mods with those instructions instead.

Edit: FYI, I don't even have a purple artifact and didn't even know this was a thing or how to do this until I read this thread.

Well, there are people that have been playing this game in Korea, as the previous guy mentioned. And according to him, it's clearly a widespread glitch. So, you're telling me that the people who played this game in the korean version didn't tell their buddies about this glitch? Do you honestly believe that? Maybe nobody bothered to inform you about this glitch. Anyways, it needs to be fixed quickly, that's why I posted it on the forum. It's not a thing that should be abused for more than a day. I'll be really disappointed if there isn't a hotfix for this by tommorow.

• EtliaEtlia Member
    edited July 2017

I think it's kind of a stretch to say most people abuse this. I myself didn't even know about it, but that's besides the point.

For example, you can see an example of a pretty good time by Shana, an EU Catspaw here.

This was a 1:53 time. And as you can see, there was clearly no such exploit. But the important thing to note here was that this run was an entire week ago. There was multiple errors and mini time wastes in this run. The current best time on NA is 1:38. That isn't much of a stretch, as bosses usually die (when almost fully/fully geared) in 5-6 seconds, or even less.

There are 10 rooms. That's 5 seconds each room. 50 seconds. Yes, I am also counting the amount of time it takes you to spam ESC to skip Enemies dialogues and cutscenes.
    Accounting for 9 load screens (since the initial one doesn't count), is an additional 45 seconds.
    50 + 45 = 95 seconds. Or a 1:35.

Of course, this also requires that you get quite literally the perfect run, with no bosses that waste time, or at least ones that die in the five allotted seconds. This excludes Tuval, Ayida, and Egg. And Enki. I forgot about him.

My point being is that, it isn't fair to assume people are exploiting for their times.

• CarthhCarthh Member

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

Out of all the top players I talk to none of them use it let alone were even aware of it until now.

At this point though, now that its public you're going to have to use it to be competitive because some scumbag out there is going to do it so we're forced to as well. The damage is already done at this point people will know about it and abuse it so we have no choice but to follow suit if we want to win.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

Well, there are people that have been playing this game in Korea, as the previous guy mentioned. And according to him, it's clearly a widespread glitch. So, you're telling me that the people who played this game in the korean version didn't tell their buddies about this glitch? Do you honestly believe that? Maybe nobody bothered to inform you about this glitch. Anyways, it needs to be fixed quickly, that's why I posted it on the forum. It's not a thing that should be abused for more than a day. I'll be really disappointed if there isn't a hotfix for this by tommorow.

You're going to be disappointed then because they don't work on weekends. Maybe they'll look at it during the coming week. If this has been a known exploit in both Korea and China for a while then chances are it won't be fixed for a while. You should probably PM a mod anyway to escalate it.

• @Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

You're going to be disappointed then because they don't work on weekends. Maybe they'll look at it during the coming week. If this has been a known exploit in both Korea and China for a while then chances are it won't be fixed for a while. You should probably PM a mod anyway to escalate it.

PMing a mod won't fix it. People need to exploit it for them to consider fixing it. You've said it yourself, if it's a known exploit in other regions, then they might not consider fixing it, and people who've figured it out will be able to get away with it. At the moment, it's not really useful to know about this sort of information, but if somebody figured it out during the updated arena, then they could just argueably buy 3 pink/3 legendary artifacts and spam the buffs. I'm just making sure that it gets fixed by then.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

PMing a mod won't fix it. People need to exploit it for them to consider fixing it. You've said it yourself, if it's a known exploit in other regions, then they might not consider fixing it, and people who've figured it out will be able to get away with it. At the moment, it's not really useful to know about this sort of information, but if somebody figured it out during the updated arena, then they could just argueably buy 3 pink/3 legendary artifacts and spam the buffs. I'm just making sure that it gets fixed by then.

Do you know what "escalate" means? You do know that the mods are the ones that communicate with the development team overseas to tell them what needs to be changed or fixed for our region right? If the mods don't know about it then nothing is going to happen. I'm saying to keep this thread and PM the mods so that this gets the attention that you're looking for.

• 9R4ECR7H3R9R4ECR7H3R Member
    edited July 2017

There is more glitch than just this, when we have more gear, u can even glitch a gear special trigger effect later on when we have a some gear.
    But the problem is they know this glitch, and use on pve, not sure do they even have the ranking arena like we have it in na

• @Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

Do you know what "escalate" means? You do know that the mods are the ones that communicate with the development team overseas to tell them what needs to be changed or fixed for our region right? If the mods don't know about it then nothing is going to happen. I'm saying to keep this thread and PM the mods so that this gets the attention that you're looking for.

You know, the time you spent telling me to "PM the Mods", you could have most certainly used it to PM the mods by yourself and make my thread known to them.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

You know, the time you spent telling me to "PM the Mods", you could have most certainly used it to PM the mods by yourself and make my thread known to them.

You're the one reporting the exploit, not me. I personally don't care whether people abuse this or not because I'm not playing the game to be competitive.

• @Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

You're the one reporting the exploit, not me. I personally don't care whether people abuse this or not because I'm not playing the game to be competitive.

Then why are you posting in this topic, if you don't care about it?

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

@Elysuu said:

Then why are you posting in this topic, if you don't care about it?

Because I'm offering suggestions on how to get it fixed more quickly to the people (you) that do care? Is that a bad thing? I don't need to care about something to offer help.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

Was about to say something, but disregard it. Anyway. No point arguing about this now. Let's just see how long it takes EME or whoever is responsible to fix this, to actually fix it.

• ExpedExped Member

If it's still being done in KR and seems to be a standard then GG

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

In the future, you shouldn't be telling the public these kinds of things especially if you call them huge/gamebreaking. Like Carthh said, you basically just forced the top players to do the same thing if others are going to abuse it.
    I can't speak for everyone in the top ranks, but many of us are still using blue artifacts.

• EtliaEtlia Member

It's too late now. Now that we all know about it at least.

Please just get it fixed. I don't want to have to resort to this to remain competitive.

• InvincibleExistenceInvincibleExistence Member ✭✭
    edited July 2017

So, you're saying that you'd prefer not knowing about this glitch existing while someone finds it and abuses it behind your backs? It's clearly better if everyone knows about it because it'll get it fixed faster. And if they don't fix it, hey, at least everyone has a fair shot now. Besides, you already 1-2 shot elites in the current arena. Imagine it still existing in the new arena. You'd be wondering how people got to such a high floor and you'd never realize that they're abusing this artifact glitch because only I'm fair enough to share it.

• EtliaEtlia Member

I agree that it's overall better that everyone knows about it. It's shitty, but it is a better outcome than a few people abusing it in the shadows.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

I'm an idiot, tried again, got it to work. Pls fix ;<

• EtliaEtlia Member
    edited July 2017

@Grievuuz said:
    Doesn't work for me. I get an error saying "Can't use that yet." despite the artifact not having its cooldown visible. So it doesn't apply to all artifacts at least, if it even works.
    @Carthh @Etlia @RyceCream @Exped @Nopi @InvincibleExistence

Double check after doing this.

Apparently the glitch works like this. You can use a purple artifact's special effect>requip it and then the CD will reset (it'll say "unable to use"). Then head into the next room and then you'll be able to use it again. People can really abuse this in arena

My friend tried it and confirmed it worked.

• @Grievuuz said:
    Doesn't work for me. I get an error saying "Can't use that yet." despite the artifact not having its cooldown visible. So it doesn't apply to all artifacts at least, if it even works.

Use it, requip it, then go to the next room and try to use it again.