We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

You can't be serious about the droprates though.

edited July 2017 in General Discussion

We're 2½ weeks in, and I'm personally several thousand runs deep now, with 0 t7 legendary drops to show for it. Tomorrow I'm crafting my 3rd piece.

WHY is crafting the main method of gearing up? Why is it not the failsafe for bad RNG? Why is leveling an army of alts a several times better way to gear up your main character than simply playing it?

At this point, there's already a 33% chance the first piece I actually find won't even be an upgrade, let alone best in slot.

I'm done enhancing offensively now, gloves are +13, accessories/weapon are all up, my t7 helmet is +10, soon 11 for the 30 crit - at this point I'm just saving up so I can upgrade a future piece (or obtain upgrades through legendary charms), which, guess what, chances are will be one that I craft in ~5-6 days, depending on fragment drops and how deep I dig into dungeon runs on green RP.

Noone wants this game to become diablo 3 where legendaries drop left right and centre, but literally thousands of runs with nothing to show for it? Really? REALLY?

At this rate I'll have farmed the 750-900 fragments needed to make an item, while on green RP alone, before I find an upgrade.

It's like you opened up an icecream shop, but all the flavors are salty, cos I hella am at this point.

Comments

• @Grievuuz said:
    We're 2½ weeks in, and I'm personally several thousand runs deep now, with 0 t7 legendary drops to show for it. Tomorrow I'm crafting my 3rd piece.

WHY is crafting the main method of gearing up? Why is it not the failsafe for bad RNG? Why is leveling an army of alts a several times better way to gear up your main character than simply playing it?

At this point, there's already a 33% chance the first piece I actually find won't even be an upgrade, let alone best in slot.

I'm done enhancing offensively now, gloves are +13, accessories/weapon are all up, my t7 helmet is +10, soon 11 for the 30 crit - at this point I'm just saving up so I can upgrade a future piece (or obtain upgrades through legendary charms), which, guess what, chances are will be one that I craft in ~5-6 days, depending on fragment drops and how deep I dig into dungeon runs on green RP.

Noone wants this game to become diablo 3 where legendaries drop left right and centre, but literally thousands of runs with nothing to show for it? Really? REALLY?

At this rate I'll have farmed the 750-900 fragments needed to make an item, while on green RP alone, before I find an upgrade.

It's like you opened up an icecream shop, but all the flavors are salty, cos I hella am at this point.

they should increase alot the drop rate of legendary. i don't care that i dropped 14 from low level dungeons "where it's even easier some times because of less purple one" . if someone need to have tons of alt and craft to get equipment instead of drop why even bother playing more then 2 hour a day and not invest time or money .

100% agreing here. EnMasse. this is absurd .

• ElysuuElysuu Member

Are you playing more than one character everyday? Because several thousand runs seems like an exaggeration. Rounding it up to 3 weeks (21 days), assuming you've been playing one character at level 65 on the first day of OBT and only running Starhenge for the daily 300RP, up to this point you should have only done about 1260 runs per character if you ran only Abelard and less if you ran Belladona. At most 1386 runs if you had elite status the whole time, and this is an overestimate. So... unless you've been playing full account of level 65 characters since day one at this point, I don't think you're anywhere near the "several thousand" mark. This is excluding any 0RP runs you have done and you really shouldn't be expecting anything to drop at 0RP anyway. But yes I agree, the drop rate is still pretty bad.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

Definitely several thousand runs, but yes I'm including 0 RP runs, because that's how you make money. I easily do a few hundred bella runs on 0 RP every day.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Grievuuz said:
    Definitely several thousand runs, but yes I'm including 0 RP runs, because that's how you make money. I easily do a few hundred bella runs on 0 RP every day.

Yeah... really shouldn't include 0RP runs when complaining about drop rates for already rare drops though. 0RP is really just for farming gold, and we're lucky that they even let us do that at 0RP. I've played probably one or two Korean MMOs where they have a similar system, but if you run out of "RP" you can keep playing but you get absolutely nothing from it. But yeah, the drop rates even at the 1000% zone is pretty bad still... you'd think you would have gotten at least one Starhenge legendary drop at this point.

• @Grievuuz said:

Totally agreed with u, the game getting very boring when RNG gets very bad and u get so less rewards, I really want them to put up a system that like BnS, like each star dungeon has it's only unique coin drop so u can exchange the t7 gear that from exchange the coin. So I don't have to be forced to play alts and grind like robot.

• @Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

Yeah... really shouldn't include 0RP runs when complaining about drop rates for already rare drops though. 0RP is really just for farming gold, and we're lucky that they even let us do that at 0RP. I've played probably one or two Korean MMOs where they have a similar system, but if you run out of "RP" you can keep playing but you get absolutely nothing from it. But yeah, the drop rates even at the 1000% zone is pretty bad still... you'd think you would have gotten at least one Starhenge legendary drop at this point.

it's absurdly low , with or withouth 4 player. and it's fine because it's still beta, but jeez, the ammount of items in AH should say alot. especialy because most of the time you get leg. from other classess.

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@37RCXG5977 said:

@Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

it's absurdly low , with or withouth 4 player. and it's fine because it's still beta, but jeez, the ammount of items in AH should say alot. especialy because most of the time you get leg. from other classess.

Let's hope they significantly increase the drop rates for the current Starhenge legendaries in the next patch when we get the new drops. It would only make sense to do this if they want to force down the auction prices for them along with the upcoming price setting update.

• EtliaEtlia Member

I do think they're a bit low if we're being honest. A bit by like an overall of a couple whole percentage points. But also, you shouldn't include runs without RP. The drop chance, while still there, is utterly abysmal, and comparing runs with and without RP isn't really a fair way to count your total runs without getting a legendary.

• Disagree, items should be even rarer and there should be no way to craft them. That's why i like their high tier upcoming items.

There are only 9 item slots, of course best items have to be rare. Otherwise you'd gear up in a week or two and whine how there's nothing to do. You don't have to get the best items, they are there only as something for the more active players to go for. They aren't meant for everyone, they even say it

"We want Low gear to be readily accessible, Middle gear to require effort and allow players to be competitive, and for the High gear to be for the most hardcore of players."

https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/2359/end-of-july-update-starhenge-gear-explanation-and-designers-intent/p1

There you go.

I agree with the stupid alt grinding though, remove the dumb rest point system or just give us a million purple rp if a loophole is needed for the korean law or something. I'd rather grind on my main and not have to do it on alts. We already have daily quests for casuals to to catch up, just increase the rewards from them a bit if needed

• @36N4N9D3GF said:
    Disagree, items should be even rarer and there should be no way to craft them. That's why i like their high tier upcoming items.

There are only 9 item slots, of course best items have to be rare. Otherwise you'd gear up in a week or two and whine how there's nothing to do. You don't have to get the best items, they are there only as something for the more active players to go for. They aren't meant for everyone, they even say it

"We want Low gear to be readily accessible, Middle gear to require effort and allow players to be competitive, and for the High gear to be for the most hardcore of players."

https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/2359/end-of-july-update-starhenge-gear-explanation-and-designers-intent/p1

There you go.

I agree with the stupid alt grinding though, remove the dumb rest point system or just give us a million purple rp if a loophole is needed for the korean law or something. I'd rather grind on my main and not have to do it on alts. We already have daily quests for casuals to to catch up, just increase the rewards from them a bit if needed

how that would benefit both player and enmasse in any way shape or form having even rarer end game gear? not even Vanilla wow would take 2 weeks to get 2 piece of equipment. then again Wow vanilla had 40 man raid or was 50?

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

i agree with you its absurd how low it is since i was lv 1 till this day i havent even droped 1 legendary item and maybe 1 purple one :|

• oh and btw sorry for double post : i, after watching the july update, i will say this : if the medium gear takes months, surpassing even new content "at this time". i will NOT even try to comprehende how would high end gear will benefit the player base. "only the luckiest MF will get it, and only them will be on top of the charts :3*.

Tl;Dr : balance medium gear.

• @37RCXG5977 said:
    oh and btw sorry for double post : i, after watching the july update, i will say this : if the medium gear takes months, surpassing even new content "at this time". i will NOT even try to comprehende how would high end gear will benefit the player base. "only the luckiest MF will get it, and only them will be on top of the charts :3*.

I just feel it's dumb game if grinding alts is ur only choice to compete with whales, I would much prefer a option.

• @9R4ECR7H3R said:

@37RCXG5977 said:
    oh and btw sorry for double post : i, after watching the july update, i will say this : if the medium gear takes months, surpassing even new content "at this time". i will NOT even try to comprehende how would high end gear will benefit the player base. "only the luckiest MF will get it, and only them will be on top of the charts :3*.

I just feel it's dumb game if grinding alts is ur only choice to compete with whales, I would much prefer a option.

whales are? it's a new terminology or is like a NA terminology? never heard of it

• @Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

you can get legendary drops at 0 rp.

• @37RCXG5977 said:

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

whales are? it's a new terminology or is like a NA terminology? never heard of it

guess your new to video games. the terminology whales has been around worldwide for quite some time now. means people who pay a lot to games. being a whale isnt a bad thing. just makes competition a pain in the ass in games like this.

• @37RCXG5977 said:

@36N4N9D3GF said:
    Disagree, items should be even rarer and there should be no way to craft them. That's why i like their high tier upcoming items.

There you go.

how that would benefit both player and enmasse in any way shape or form having even rarer end game gear? not even Vanilla wow would take 2 weeks to get 2 piece of equipment. then again Wow vanilla had 40 man raid or was 50?

All games cater to different audiences, this game seems to want to cater to those who like grind, they still give you easier to get gear to somehow compete with those stronger than you.

Besides, WOW is not the epitome of mmos, they cater to casuals and got a large audience, but many mmos do that, that's why some opt for the niche market.

I personally love super rare gear, and especially it being untradable. Not everyone has to get all the best gear

• @36N4N9D3GF said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

@36N4N9D3GF said:

There you go.

All games cater to different audiences, this game seems to want to cater to those who like grind, they still give you easier to get gear to somehow compete with those stronger than you.

Besides, WOW is not the epitome of mmos, they cater to casuals and got a large audience, but many mmos do that, that's why some opt for the niche market.

I personally love super rare gear, and especially it being untradable. Not everyone has to get all the best gear

WoW vanilla was the catered SP? to the same crowd. stil , the medium gear is too high in difficulty to drop to get it. End game gear should be harder then Medium , and medium should be a bit easier, at least a drop or two a week. Especialy because it's the only way for freemium .

• @36N4N9D3GF said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

@36N4N9D3GF said:

There you go.

they expect you to get fully geared in 4-5 weeks. the droprates for t8 gear is going to be EVEN RARER than starhenge.

• @Abaddonoffire said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

guess your new to video games. the terminology whales has been around worldwide for quite some time now. means people who pay a lot to games. being a whale isnt a bad thing. just makes competition a pain in the ass in games like this.

i'm sorry, but i'm mostly in to Moldavish , french and italian groups.. never they used it in any way shape or form. i'm not new to videogames. i played since age .. 5? bomberman fantasy race and those spelling computer games and i grew with good old games type game, skipping the braindead one like the gen 6 to 8

• Searched online, Whales was an american gambling terminology. Good to know

• @37RCXG5977 said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

@9R4ECR7H3R said:

@37RCXG5977 said:

i'm sorry, but i'm mostly in to Moldavish , french and italian groups.. never they used it in any way shape or form. i'm not new to videogames. i played since age .. 5? bomberman fantasy race and those spelling computer games and i grew with good old games type game, skipping the braindead one like the gen 6 to 8

I think he is talking about online game, hello?

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

Yeah I know, I was just saying that gold is guaranteed at 0RP and that it's already hard enough to get legendary drops at 1000% let alone 100% drop rate. If someone can't even get a legendary in the 1000% zone after playing for weeks, I highly doubt they have any remote chance of getting one at 0RP.

• @Elysuu said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

Yeah I know, I was just saying that gold is guaranteed at 0RP and that it's already hard enough to get legendary drops at 1000% let alone 100% drop rate. If someone can't even get a legendary in the 1000% zone after playing for weeks, I highly doubt they have any remote chance of getting one at 0RP.

well we dont know for sure but carthh thinks the legendary drop rate is the same no matter how much rp you have. most games do it different than this (as in most games decide to drop a item and roll on what rarity the item will be )but it doesnt seem impossible this game does it differently.

• CarthhCarthh Member

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Elysuu said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

well we dont know for sure but carthh thinks the legendary drop rate is the same no matter how much rp you have.

I've never said that? It's most certainly higher droprate on higher rp without a doubt.

• I don't understand what your problems are, if you want a game where you easily gear up, there are TONS of them. Asian mmos are usually grindy but western ones basically hand you out legendaries, go play diablo 3 and see the problem i mentioned. Unless you like making new characters, you'll get bored after a week or two.

There are also games that don't care about gear at all, like guild wars 2, or games that have 0 progression like mobas. If you want to find a game that has the exact same grindiness you like.. that's going to be near impossible if your preferences aren't common.

This is why i wish games were separated into different servers based on how grindy players want the game to be. Of course there would be no server transfers lol. So casuals can play the casual server and so on.

But with 1 server with same grindiness, well someone will be unhappy, some will complain it's too grindy, others will like it.

• @Carthh said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Elysuu said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Elysuu said:

@Grievuuz said:

well we dont know for sure but carthh thinks the legendary drop rate is the same no matter how much rp you have.

I've never said that? It's most certainly higher droprate on higher rp without a doubt.

mustve misunderstood you then.

• ExVireExVire Member

@36N4N9D3GF said:
    I don't understand what your problems are, if you want a game where you easily gear up, there are TONS of them. Asian mmos are usually grindy but western ones basically hand you out legendaries, go play diablo 3 and see the problem i mentioned. Unless you like making new characters, you'll get bored after a week or two.

There are also games that don't care about gear at all, like guild wars 2, or games that have 0 progression like mobas. If you want to find a game that has the exact same grindiness you like.. that's going to be near impossible if your preferences aren't common.

This is why i wish games were separated into different servers based on how grindy players want the game to be. Of course there would be no server transfers lol. So casuals can play the casual server and so on.

But with 1 server with same grindiness, well someone will be unhappy, some will complain it's too grindy, others will like it.

i Didnt drop single Leg since start of OB + Head start ... talking about '' grind'' ?

• Here it is at last. I've been waiting for it. The thread of "I can't gear within a week so I'll cry about it instead" but then if you could gear within a week you'd "have nothing to do".

Some people are never pleased at all are they. You're the kind of person to order a plain cheezeburger then come back in and ask why there's no sauce on the burger. Annoying.

• EniesEnies Member, Pre-CBT Tester

With these kinds of games the drop rates are always very low at first, they will bring them up overtime but it won't be soon.