We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

UPDATE: Kritika Online v202 Patch Notes

Comments

• I think they should bring back the scrolls that make items tradable, at LEAST make it where you can trade stuff to your alts instead of just grinding it up into component parts.

• @FireAir12 said:
    Really?!? Making SH even more difficult?! Right now Im doing dailies on easy and using up almost all of my res stones and you ecide to put shield bars on all SH bosses, great. Why not only put them on insane difficulty? that way people who want a challenge can have it and those with low CR and no group (because nobody will want to group with low CR people now that SH is harder) can go on lower difficulties.
    I have to gear up to be able to run SH, but to gear up I have to run SH. Goddammit

Just join a skyship letter farm team and you'll never care about rez stones again (2 per box, 105 stones on main atm).

• TheKzTheKz Member

@MarcusGraves said:
    Just join a skyship letter farm team and you'll never care about rez stones again (2 per box, 105 stones on main atm).

Theres people with well over 700 res stones, that not the problem.

• When is the patch update towarsd the end of the day or the start...? please i really need to know

• @5KLE9DLLNX said:

@MarcusGraves said:

There's people with well over 700 res stones, that not the problem.

It is his problem if he's burning up almost all his rez stones on easy w/o them even having purple armor yet, it's literally a problem specific to him cause he's probably not elite status getting 8 stones a day or has done a letter farm.

We aren't talking about extreme and CR, this is easy mode SH (which is incredibly easy) and his running out of stones.

• @MarcusGraves said:

@5KLE9DLLNX said:

@MarcusGraves said:

It is his problem if he's burning up almost all his rez stones on easy w/o them even having purple armor yet, it's literally a problem specific to him cause he's probably not elite status getting 8 stones a day or has done a letter farm.

We aren't talking about extreme and CR, this is easy mode SH (which is incredibly easy) and his running out of stones.

They are not much different just let u know, just hits bit harder with little more hp

• @noctred said:

@Smoreceror said:

• Potions of Greater Wham and Greater Zoom can no longer be purchased from NPCs.

rip

kms

• MarcusGravesMarcusGraves Member
    edited July 2017

@9R4ECR7H3R said:
    They are not much different just let u know, just hits bit harder with little more hp

I gave the guy an easy solution to any possible rez stone problem he would ever have.

i'm well aware of them just being more HP/Dmg, but SH bosses aren't mechanically difficult at all and unless the addition of shield bar adds a new trick to them, which I doubt it will, they'll still be easy. You learn the 1-2 tricks each one has and they're easy to clear, the only thing SH bosses actually are is time consuming.

If he's dying a lot to them ON EASY WHICH IS WHAT HE SAID, then giving him access to more rez stones will help him get through it w/o stopping, keep practicing on them and be helpful for practicing on other future bosses, they even took off the rez limit here.

Now if people wanna actually talk about this dumb as hell "let's just raise the CR" thing, then yes it is dumb because all it does is make time consuming, low difficulty bosses more time consuming than actually difficult and creates bigger divides in possible groups because people want to clear these HP sacks with iframes and damage resistance as fast as possible for the sake of efficiency + party drop increase, not because they're hard. It's the classic low budget way to add "difficulty" to a game by just slapping more damage + HP on something.

• @MarcusGraves said:

Thanks for that, I hadn't thought about doing that, didn't really know you could farm res stones haha

• guys maintanace now?? not tommorow??

• @FireAir12 said:
    Thanks for that, I hadn't thought about doing that, didn't really know you could farm res stones haha

Just be careful to not get tricked, some people that run these groups will try to get everyone else to spend their challenge letters first then dip out when it's their turn. If you're hosting your own group then have people Shift + left click their letter stack to you in a whisper, and click the link to see that they actually have enough letters for the amount of runs you're doing per person and not trying to leech and run.

• TheKzTheKz Member
    edited July 2017

@MarcusGraves said:

@5KLE9DLLNX said:

He said he was having problems and was burning all his res stone with easy mode and you told him to farm more res stones. What I said was that farming res stones is not the problem. The problem is making end game gear tradeable and be surprised when people get 300k CR in 1month of the game release and because of that small % of people make the game harder.

• Pots and SH changes are f_cked up almost everything for casual players here.
    Do not touch easy/normal/hard modes: no shields, no cr increase. Add your "new shit" to Extreme mode: shields, new CR, new drop rate, so "imma so bored with my 150/200/300/9000k CR"-people will get their motivation to play. 'Cuz motivation to play 10% of player' base is more important now, sure. Do not mix casuals and tryhards in one bottle.

• @5KLE9DLLNX said:
    He said he was having problems and was burning all his res stone with easy mode and you told him to farm more res stones. What I said was that farming res stones is not the problem. The problem is making end game gear tradable and be surprised when people get 300k CR in 1month of the game release and because of that small % of people make the game harder.

Dude buzz off seriously, because you're lumping me into a different argument and it's starting to get really annoying, the guy said he was running out of rez stones and I told him how to get more so he doesn't ever have to stop again if he's trying to solo dailies, good god.

• This patch brings some inconveniences (buff potions) but hopefully the drop rate increase gets the average player geared and we can finally move past Starhenge next month.

• MinityMinity Member
    edited July 2017

You guys make the gear bind on account now, but it is a little too late because the whales have already whaled. NOW you make Starhenge more hard... STOP LISTENING TO THE WHALES!

Edit: I may be overreacting a bit, but it seems like a pretty crappy change for the average player. I hope it isn't as bad as it seems. We shall see when the time comes.

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

Do even people know what they wanted there are thousand of post about this version not being hard enough lol and yet people go crazy that they are increasing the cr thingy. You haven't played that harder version how about try first and complain later geeez

• @Minity said:
    You guys make the gear bind on account now, but it is a little too late because the whales have already whaled. NOW you make Starhenge more hard... STOP LISTENING TO THE WHALES!

Edit: I may be overreacting a bit, but it seems like a pretty crappy change for the average player. I hope it isn't as bad as it seems. We shall see when the time comes.

Before you start sperging like a spastic how about you read past news posts or watch a stream. They are releasing brand new weapons and accessories which will be obtained from drop only, not crafted. The other stuff isnt being touched.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

I reached 150k+ CR with only 2 starhenge items (weapon/helmet). 100k CR is easily obtainable without a single starhenge piece, it's just all about getting your daily scroll boxes.

Starhenge dungeons currently have a recommended CR of 70k, but when you go above ~50k CR atm, all of starhenge becomes a joke.

Starhenge needed to have the f*** buffed out of it. It's a little silly that we start one-shotting bosses while still wearing gear mostly from Xanadu.

People are deluded assuming that Starhenge is meant for newly dinged 65 characters.

There's nothing wrong with you not being ready for starhenge immediately,- spend some time to gear up and get some gear in xanadu, then start worrying about starhenge.

• Huh ice mages become the shittiest class because of shield gauges? no way, i don't want to play the worst class as my main..

• MinityMinity Member

@E6JDT9PHH7 said:
    Before you start sperging like a spastic how about you read past news posts or watch a stream. They are releasing brand new weapons and accessories which will be obtained from drop only, not crafted. The other stuff isnt being touched.

You know you can make a point without using insults. You should try it some time.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

Wonder how Abelard will function after this. He already has a shield that makes the core of this fight's mechanic.... Some early bosses like Gilard from memory of war, or whatever he's called, will become more annoying, but the rest of the stuff seemed to not even need any kind of shielding or super armor, as most were in constant Ultra state already. i'm just skimming across easy mode SH with a low CR character and even lower player skill. Was feeling happy by finding mechanics by myself without reading any guides. I hope this shield thing doesn't mess this up too much.

As for the update, I don't see many of the issues I myself would hold as priority, like the skill pages and the large amount of typos there, wrong info, and in some cases, complete lack of info.

As QoL, I would like to post here, also, since you can make stuff bound to account, mind binding to account ALL of the Elite daily stuff? Though my issue is mostly with the 1 day skill reset. Also, I would LOVE if the founder's pet was also made account bound. But that's wishful thinking.

• SchizSchiz Member

@Smoreceror said:
    Starhenge

We have heard your feedback on Starhenge and have worked hard to overhaul the Danger Zones to be a more engaging and challenging experience by increasing the difficulty but also increasing the drop rates.

• Added new drops to Danger Zones, which display in the “Best Possible Rewards”
    • Doubled equipment drop rates, and top-tier equipment is now bind-to-account.
    • Added Chaos Kritium Shards as a drop in Extreme Danger Zones.
    • Boosted difficulty of Extreme Danger Zones.
    • Removed Resurrection Stone usage limits
    • Added shield gauges to all Starhenge bosses
    • Added party quests

point per point:

• still tier 7, not gonna +15 from scratch as f2p or mostly f2p player.
    • still 0%, after burning rp on multiple alts on extreme and seeing no legendaries in nearly a month it simply means the drop rate must be abysmal. Doubling that doesn't do anything.
    • only tangible reward from doubled difficulty is chaos kritium crystals. K.
    • gotta work for them chaos kritium crystals
    • that's ok I guess
    • this just makes some classes worse without changing anything else. We've farmed these bosses for weeks, we know their mechanics, making them take longer doesn't make them harder. Just makes them more of a chore.
    • hope they're any good otherwise this whole thing can be summarized in "doubled difficulty on starhenge, abelard shieldception, but now you get chaos kritium crystals and if you're lucky, a sword or two when your main is gunmage".

Like I dont mind 150k extreme, I really don't, but I want a tangible reward. No one farms SH hoping for legendary drops. They farm it for keystones.
    1 keystone fragment is 1/900th of a weapon/accessory. Far more appealing than the current 0% chance of getting a legendary (or the incoming 0% times two).
    So to whoever is saying "you wanted harder dungeons, deal with it" ok, but you can't just make them harder and give nothing in return for completing them. ATM, all I know is that I'll do the same dailies, get the same amount of keystones, get the same amount of legendaries (0), but it will take a bit longer. Yay?

The way I see it, "real" pve endgame at the moment is the arena, since that's where your grinding effort goes to. New arena will take a lot of time (and I think gold). No matter how tough you make SH dungeons, they're still 4 man dungeons with easy and -by now- well known mechanics. They're designed to be farmed, and the challenge is being efficient at farming them, not the enemies themselves.

How bout recalculation scrolls? They're impossible to obtain as f2p and no, 300 a week while sacrificing your weekend dailies plus some minimal extra from soul gem DZs isn't enough. Hell even 5 recalculation scrolls per extreme dungeon on purple RP would motivate me to run them lol.

• naniichannaniichan Member

So what time is the maint going to be at?

• dont make it more p2w please. game is not on steam or something and i dont use dollar as my currency so thats even more expensive. please just make the mechanics harder not the requirements

• Uhmm if easy is recommended for 30K and my main has 26K CR than how the hell am I going to keep on? Since everyone will just decline me in their parties.

• Some of ppl here didn't even watched stream. There will be more hammers, scrolls, etc. And yes there will be more KEYSTONE DROP! So you will get starhenge items faster. Join a guild and get a help from friends, dont be so solo player lolz.

• @Minity said:
    You know you can make a point without using insults. You should try it some time.

Well you used capslock, said the term whale multiple times, and clearly showed your anger about something you had wrong. I may resort to offensive language, but so do you :)

• All you guys complaining must have started yesterday. Ive been playing for a week with 100k SR F2P, 1 character farming.

If your going to complain that your casual then dont expect to have good gear. It takes luck in MMOs but also a lot of grinding. I see new people complain about their SR being low, well let me tell you theres no secret to raising your SR. The more you play the higher it gets every day.

This discussion has been closed.