We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

UPDATE: Kritika Online v202 Patch Notes

14567810»

Comments

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

players by them self created a better economy then this shit we have right now. 1.5 milion for hammers, 5k Kred for a starhenge piece? i am just speechless i had to log off and consider if i ever log back on. And also if they are at it they might consider lowering the difficulty on Normal on Easy for fresh 65s coz people now kicking them for parties because they are not well 70 k cr @Smoreceror

• So tried the new patch and every thing new is really good. Like the pve arena now more (not rly sure how it works yet though). Somehow climbing 1 huge "tower" feels better. Yes ppl complain about longer loading times, but for my toaster its the same really.
    Much hate from others incoming about Starhenge difficulty increase, but I'd say the mistake was only one - releasing the easy version in the first place. Those that remember easier days are not really happy now, and those that are freshly 65lvl have it way harder now, compared to people who had the time to grind on "easy mode".
    But I do like the new Starhenge better now. It's just that for the next content please better release it too hard and then adjust the difficulty by maybe nerfing. Having difficulty increase on content that was already in for a good month just doesn't feel right.

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Smoreceror said:

@Elysuu said:

@DJ3WLW9J3E said:
    They made so many updates, but not added the famous, trade. A game that restricts trading between individual players will never work out. Having to be forced to go through the auction house is ridiculous too!

Not true. BDO restricts all trading outside of the auction house, which is the same as this game right now, and BDO has been pretty popular recently. Enmasse just set the prices completely wrong.

Allm is definitely open to revising pricing on the auction house. Which prices did you feel missed the mark the most? Let me know and I'll pass the feedback along.

t7 gear is above the price people were selling at. isnt really worth it imo. stability hammers are massively overpriced. they were 50k pre patch. now 1.5million? just insane.

@Natorious said:
    players by them self created a better economy then this shit we have right now. 1.5 milion for hammers, 5k Kred for a starhenge piece? i am just speechless i had to log off and consider if i ever log back on. And also if they are at it they might consider lowering the difficulty on Normal on Easy for fresh 65s coz people now kicking them for parties because they are not well 70 k cr @Smoreceror

I appreciate the feedback guys. The more specific folks can be on pricing issues, the easier it will be for me to forward along suggestions for adjustment to Allm. Keep it coming!

• @Smoreceror said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Smoreceror said:

@Elysuu said:

@DJ3WLW9J3E said:
    They made so many updates, but not added the famous, trade. A game that restricts trading between individual players will never work out. Having to be forced to go through the auction house is ridiculous too!

Not true. BDO restricts all trading outside of the auction house, which is the same as this game right now, and BDO has been pretty popular recently. Enmasse just set the prices completely wrong.

Allm is definitely open to revising pricing on the auction house. Which prices did you feel missed the mark the most? Let me know and I'll pass the feedback along.

t7 gear is above the price people were selling at. isnt really worth it imo. stability hammers are massively overpriced. they were 50k pre patch. now 1.5million? just insane.

@Natorious said:

I appreciate the feedback guys. The more specific folks can be on pricing issues, the easier it will be for me to forward along suggestions for adjustment to Allm. Keep it coming!

Min price should be 500 kret or totaly removed let the playerbase decided there own prices.
    Same for gold items lower the price a big % and let us decide the price.

• i'm having issues to log in, after the cinematic the game says: Error retrieving server list, please try again later.
    what do i do?

@LTJ5CGPRK7 said:
    i'm having issues to log in, after the cinematic the game says: Error retrieving server list, please try again later.
    what do i do?

did you patch go trough fully coz sometimes this launcher refuses to update
    if its 6.2.45.1 only run the repair tool if its a different version go to the launchers folder delete the launcher.version file and run the repair tool afterwards

• @Natorious said:

@LTJ5CGPRK7 said:
    i'm having issues to log in, after the cinematic the game says: Error retrieving server list, please try again later.
    what do i do?

did you patch go trough fully coz sometimes this launcher refuses to update
    if its 6.2.45.1 only run the repair tool if its a different version go to the launchers folder delete the launcher.version file and run the repair tool afterwards

yeah, the patch went through, same version. and i also did the steps you mentioned already, nothing.

• 77E4EH9N5K77E4EH9N5K Member
    edited July 2017

You want a constructive critic, ok I gonna tell you why you made the game bored now:
    Changes in SH dont make the game more challenge, just make it a lot more tedious, a pain for new lvl 65 characters.
    Shield mechanichs are very unfriendly for lot of clases and new players
    Make all debuf clases useless in arena now
    Remove the login event 1 day before the stimated date

1. Remove debuff status on Arena bosses, or just changes the way it works.

Frost Mage and Assassin HIGHLY depends on debuffing, you just reduce your damage so much that they can't perform well as other classes

• ElysuuElysuu Member

@Smoreceror said:

The most obvious one is the prices of Stabilizing Hammers which used to hang around 50k gold before the patch, and for some reason it jumped to 1.5m gold after the patch. I'm pretty sure something went horribly wrong with the automated price setting there because that's nowhere remotely close to what people were buying them at before the patch. Then there's the minimum 5k kred prices on Tier 7 Starhenge gear which is already near the overpriced zone pre-patch. The reasonable price range for most Tier 7 Starhenge gear (especially now that the new top-tier is established) should be around 1k to 5k kred, and even paying for more than 3k kred for this gear is pushing it for the average player. These two item categories are probably of the most concern right now because these are probably the items in most demand pre-patch. I can only guess the Starhenge gear prices are skewed this way because the majority of the gear was bought early on by the players spending a lot of real money on the game, while the other spectrum of players tried to snipe the market for the few pieces that were priced lower than 3k kred. If the game was live for much longer than it has been so far, the current prices might have been viable but even now most players are probably just barely hanging around the 5k kred zone (and this is with the kred events). Also takes various amounts of time for players to level up several characters if they choose to, and more time to craft Starhenge gear to sell if they want to play the kred market. Not sure about prices on charms since I haven't looked much into buying those, but those who have can probably shed some light on those prices.

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

this patch was aiming to make Starhenge more challenging for high CR people. It completely missed the mark
    All this patch did was make gearing up fresh 65 a huge hassle. SH is still a joke to high CR people.

SH easy should be ..well EASY. a new 65 is gonna have a pain doing it now. The only difficulty level that needed tweaking was EXTREME. Should have left the rest alone.

The AH is way overpriced.

Arena anti-debuff needs to be removed.

Throwing a shield mechanic on everything feels like a really lazy way to increase difficulty. All it does is increase frustration.

honest question here..Where exactly are new 65s supposed to gear up? Skyship? Because it seems like you dont want us playing SH till like 40-50k CR which is pretty rough to get without ever doing SH.

"just group up for dailies"? great idea. So I can get max 2 fragments a day now? It just feels like the people that geared early are now coasting while us that are behind are stuck. None of these changes helped new players. All these changes did is cater to the people already geared up. Running SH even on Easy is annoying solo and on top of that you get like 1 boss soul and have like 0% chance at anything dropping on easy.

The jump from Skyship to Starhenge is Way to big now. Feels like there is an entire area missing between doing Skyship and Starhenge. You finish Skyship with like 20k CR. Have fun doing ANY Sh now with 20k CR.

Did you tweak enemies evade stat? Glancing blows seem to happen a LOT now.

• @Aist said:
    this patch was aiming to make Starhenge more challenging for high CR people. It completely missed the mark
    All this patch did was make gearing up fresh 65 a huge hassle. SH is still a joke to high CR people.

SH easy should be ..well EASY. a new 65 is gonna have a pain doing it now. The only difficulty level that needed tweaking was EXTREME. Should have left the rest alone.

The AH is way overpriced.

Arena anti-debuff needs to be removed.

Throwing a shield mechanic on everything feels like a really lazy way to increase difficulty. All it does is increase frustration.

honest question here..Where exactly are new 65s supposed to gear up? Skyship? Because it seems like you dont want us playing SH till like 40-50k CR which is pretty rough to get without ever doing SH.

"just group up for dailies"? great idea. So I can get max 2 fragments a day now? It just feels like the people that geared early are now coasting while us that are behind are stuck. None of these changes helped new players. All these changes did is cater to the people already geared up. Running SH even on Easy is annoying solo and on top of that you get like 1 boss soul and have like 0% chance at anything dropping on easy.

The jump from Skyship to Starhenge is Way to big now. Feels like there is an entire area missing between doing Skyship and Starhenge. You finish Skyship with like 20k CR. Have fun doing ANY Sh now with 20k CR.

Did you tweak enemies evade stat? Glancing blows seem to happen a LOT now.

Accuracy was bugged it got fixed now so glancing blows now happen they never happend before.

• @Smoreceror said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Smoreceror said:

@Elysuu said:

@DJ3WLW9J3E said:

@Natorious said:

personally i think t7 should be around 3k-7k kred atm and hammers 70k gold per seems reasonable.

• edited July 2017

@Aist said:

It just feels like the people that geared early are now coasting while us that are behind are stuck. None of these changes helped new players. All these changes did is cater to the people already geared up.

This is pretty accurate. They killed Arena badges for ranking. Originally it gave 600 badges a week if you ranked in first + 75 a day per char which did 60k runs. Now you no longer get badges for the arena medals. So, some people are sitting on Rare badges while others are sitting on inferior or Average if they did dailies and never made it to the higher CR.

Overall it is a big FU to late players and a huge lead to those that whaled or got a head start and won out in Arena rankings before the changes.

At the very least they fixed the badges. This was a major issue and i am glad it is solved even if it hardly matters at this point.

• AAWDR7HX7CAAWDR7HX7C Member
    edited July 2017

i agree 100% with PheonixShi, this isnt the way to go, keep starhenge as it is, and add harder content for new patches or this just rewards people who played alot before the patch, since its so hard to farm efficient now on extreme, even with party.
    Even so if you did wanted to increase the difficulty, whats with the big jump? with that i mean adding +80k gearscore for extreme, just as an example before most of the geared people cleared bella in 30secs, but now it takes 1min 30 seconds in hard? talking about solo here but u get the point.
    Doubling the droprate, yeah idk about that, droprates looks exactly like before patch for me except maybe more gold, and even so it would be better to revert starhenge and put the old droprates back, difficulty easier, game more fun, but items still rare as it should be, but i guess even 130k cr which is like super hard to get in the first place, it shouldnt be enough to clear a starhenge dungeun solo on extreme without taking forever, with no special drops except some fragments and souls, and now into the arena, each try cost 100k, maybe if we were able to clear bella like before in 30 seconds it would been fine, but now?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) hey we got a 30% drop rate . Just for the future Eme next patch you do Think about the entire player-base not just some of them coz you might be here left with them and the most important stuff think it trough first then implement something that would change the whole game experience

• Grazing has no place in a game like this and needs to go, it's a horrible mechanic that belongs in like a turn based RPG, not an ACTION MMO and should of just stayed off and just have accuracy be a stat that makes your min/max damage better.

It's basically the game going, "ha you punched me directly in the face, but not really", it's pretty BS.

• NAWAXEYNR5NAWAXEYNR5 Member ✭✭

dont like the min/max price limit. it destroy the free market...

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

@Natorious said:
    Just for the future Eme next patch you do Think about the entire player-base not just some of them coz you might be here left with them and the most important stuff think it trough first then implement something that would change the whole game experience

But they're giving you more of exactly what you said YOU liked before. I argued with you in a prior patch notes thread that this sort of added "difficulty" was fake difficulty, and a bad idea. You flat out rejected that notion, and figured it was a fantastic move, that made the game soooo much more fun. Well, they just increased the fun level you told them you liked so much some more, why aren't you happy? They listened to you, you should be happy, you should be making threads laughing at all the filthy plebs that can't get by. Sheesh, can't please some people, give them what they asked for, and said they liked, yet now they're not happy.

• My 2c on this -

You should never buff content after you have allowed players to free farm it.

That is the #1 largest mistake this patch has made.

I like that the fights are more difficult now. However, the difficulty should have come in the form of new content. When you make existing content more difficult after your players have been mindlessly farming it for a month (especially in a ARPG), all you are doing is exaggerating the disparity between those people who beefed themselves up during the ez farm period and those people who are just getting into the game during the post-buff period. Players on the former end of the spectrum just get stronger while players on the latter end of the spectrum just get fucked.

Again - you do not buff existing content in a ARPG unless it comes with a full progression reset. This is game design 101. The difficulty spike was 100% needed but it should have come in the form of new content - god knows there's plenty of it on KR.

• FunftwFunftw Member

Just tried out the new patch and gotta say that the new starhenge is not the way to go. It's a band-aid solution for lack of "challenging content" that requires no effort on the dev side except adjusting numbers (as opposed to actually releasing more challenging content). It also screws over all the new players who are fresh 65s. I've grinded for about 2 weeks and finally got to 50k CR and now it only easily does normal due to all this grazing. Can't imagine what a terrible time new players are gonna have grinding with 15k CR on easy for almost no drops. The main issue seems to be that there is now not really a good bridge between skyship and starhenge in terms of difficulty. It used to be that you could at least take full 60 legendaries, do some enhancement to +9, and then get enough violet boss souls daily to buy hammers and scrolls from cerulean to incrementally improve your gear. Given how little boss souls lower SH drops, even that is gonna be an issue and getting from fresh 65 to higher CR is just gonna be a terrible chore.

• adding the furrever pets in kred shop and removing them a hour later is just plain pay2win shit. also, the extreme starhenge is WAYYYYY to powerfull right now, and ALSO... a drunk guy added prices in auction u need to fix. my god

• Auction House Pricing
    It would be nice if the developers released a statement on why they choose these prices. Alot are very unreasonable with Mid-SH gear being 5k MIN is a really bad choice. the AH prices need to be seriously reevaluated period.

Difficulty Changes
    I also agree with PheoenixShi, its a grind heavy game by design but this difficulty is starting to remind of the Diablo. Speeding up the animations of the mobs so that they can escape all your moves isn't a good idea as it makes things tedious instead of fun. Seriously though, Abelard doesn't need a shield because he is already unaffected by hit-stun and already has another shield to deal with. I actually prefer the old SH over the new one by a lot.

• the 30% drop increase is a lie. 25 runs on hard and got nothing.. (hard with 50-60k CR party cuz extreme is TOOO Hard) ....cmon give us something better ... the game is dying people left and wont come back till fixed i go play Tetris 3D. much better rewards

• ToysToys Member

@Smoreceror Arenas: The arena needs badges as part of their daily reward, the way badges are obtained right now is way to slow. As it stands not counting the one time/weekly (not sure on this) arena rewards, you can get 80 whites a week, you need 27 whites to get a purple and purples need to stack to 120. That means it would take 40.5 weeks (283.5 days) to get a single stack, multiplied by 9, and you end up spending 7 years to get badges. This is obviously without the badges from the arena reward if it is in fact a weekly reset, but as it is right now I would put the average completion of it at level 50 (might be generous even), and do the math, the average completion shouldn't take half a decade or more.

Aside from this, assassins and frost mages have been complaining about debuffs, seems frost might not be able to at all, and assassin's bleed stack isn't showing, this probably needs fixing. As well, the NPCs have an absurd gravity to them, anytime they are hit with a move that knocks them of the ground they immediately are pulled to the ground. This makes them absurdly difficult especially for certain characters. Finally artifacts of white and green quality seem to no longer drop. I don't if there was a reason behind this change, but from what I can tell there are no other methods of really obtaining artifacts. They should be added as drops again, maybe less frequently considering the amount of floors there are now.

Starhenge: Has fallen into the infamous catch-22 of gear and difficulty that seems to plague many MMOs. As it stand you need a certain CR to effectively farm your gear, and you can't reach that CR without the gear you're trying to farm. You can do easy mode for your daily quest, but this will only net you 2 hero keystone's a day, which means to get the CR you need you'll spend a month or two just doing daily SH quest. This kind of gameplay won't retain players, and most definitely won't incentivize them to make cash shop purchases. I'm not sure what I'd suggest here, seems difficult, maybe reverting everything except extreme to their previous values, keep the shielding, and increase the drop rate of extreme a little more? Maybe have it drop more violet boss souls and keystone fragments.

Feel like I'm forgetting something, might come back with it, but this is what I got for now.

1. Fix Auction. let us make our own price cuz we know the game more then the one who added prices.
    2. Starhenge was fine before, just make extreme a bit harder leave rest alone.
    3. 7 years farming to get 9 stacks of purple badges.. please calculate before u put shit in the game.. 7 FKING YEARS !!!!
    4. Dont just add random things sigh
  • SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin
    edited July 2017

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. This thread is getting huge, and I want to capture this in a fresh discussion. I'm going to close this thread for now, but please direct discussion here: https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/2917/v202-update-konstructive-feedback-korner

EDIT: To clarify, no need to repost if you've said your piece in this thread. I've been monitoring and taking notes up until now. It's just getting crazy long in here.

This discussion has been closed.