We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

V202 Update Konstructive Feedback Korner

Comments

• X56JWMD7YRX56JWMD7YR Member
    edited July 2017

I also wanted to add that I am getting almost the same drop rates for 2-3x the run time....

Please just revert all changes in starhenge and AH (and never put speed hacks on any mobs ever again).

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭

@AXMY3DNGDT said:
    From the posts above mine and from playing the game, you can tell that there is a huge difference between the SH difficulties. For example, I ran extreme >on my ~70k CR valk and was still fine, but when I went to do easy/normal on my ~12k CR alts, I think I could have done 2 dungeons on extreme before >finishing a easy/normal run. So now this doesn't make sense right?.

This is the biggest issue with the patch. It takes high CR players maybe a little longer, but they can still steamroll SH, whereas low CR players/new 65s are stuck now with a massive wall in their progression.

Wasnt the point to make SH more challenging and fun for the high CR people? Well, they are still rolling through everything. All they needed to do was make Extreme much harder and rewarding for high CR players. Instead they messed with everything and as a sideeffect ended up completely breaking progression for new 65s/low CR folks.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

About SH and newbie gear progression. Why not put some legendary level 60 gear in the Xanadu quests, so people can enter SH with at least decent starting gear? Also, Easy and Normal mode SH have HORRIBLE drop rates. Running them is the equivalent to running with 0% RP, and on top of that, all is only white and green gear, with MAYYYBE a blue once in a blue moon. Considering the first stage of SH is more difficult than the last stage of Xanadu by a lot, a similar upgrade should be available for players to start in that content.

For a decent new player progression example, check your other game, Tera. In that game, once you hit level cap, you get a few quests that give you free gear to start up the easier part of end game. There's no gap at all in that model. I suggest something similar in this game.

Now about an issue that bothers me. Pets.

I first thank you for not putting these pets right out of reach in the form of RNG boxes (example NOT to follow, again, Tera, because there's good and there's bad in that game) Anyway, I did buy a package, but I expected to see the individual pets at the in game store. It's a slap in the face for those who already have EMP ready to buy them to not include them there. Also, where's the dog and the monk bunny?

Another thing. Wasn't there talk about an appearance change voucher? When is that one coming? My Cat doesn't like her face anymore and wants some surgery. So please start selling those. :)

Anyway. Said my piece. It was much shorter than I thought. Just, keep listening to feedback and change accordingly where change is proven to be needed.

• 9R4ECR7H3R9R4ECR7H3R Member
    edited July 2017

One easy adjustment on arena would be class rank vs gobal rank, that way will be fair for all ppl, the best example I can use is BnS ToI, just almost the Same system like us, but is very balanced on rewards overall, class rank rewards etc

• LuckyS123LuckyS123 Member
    edited July 2017

@X56JWMD7YR said:
    I also wanted to add that I am getting almost the same drop rates for 2-3x the run time....

Please just revert all changes in starhenge and AH (and never put speed hacks on any mobs ever again).

Yeah using more time and getting nothing for it makes it a HUGE issue.
    as a side note this is 1st day in cbt/obt when i dont wanna play the game and i got purple rp left for the 1st time logging out

• Concerning the patch the only changes i would like to see are:

A. Return Badges to the Arena shop, reduce the upgrade cost or significantly increase the amount gained from the Friday daily Box. As it stands it now takes significantly longer to obtain them. So, those who were late are SOL/Screwed.

B. Revert SH changes for Easy, Normal and Hard. They don't need a spike in difficulty nor do they need the shield. If people want a challenge then that is fine but that is what Extreme can be there for. The others are there for burning RP and doing dailies.

C. Revert the Arena entry cost back to 10k or grant static gold rewards rather than just the "First time" gold rewards.

Everything else is fine. May need some adjustment on the AH but all-in-all it's a step in the right direction. Removing the name of the person that listed said item also helps in the long run. This will help to combat Gold Sellers which have been plaguing this game for a while now.

Also, thanks again for fixing the badge bug. It helps a lot with alts.

• LupophobiaLupophobia Member
    edited July 2017

-All the difficulty should have stayed the same as other versions, but only introduce a 5th with your own difficulty curve.. (the extreme we have after update)

-The market place update change things for the worst. most prices except charms and letters have been inflated by 3x~10x. Why do i need 1mil for a hammer I can get in 1 run? thats a bit absurd. even worse? i might've bought a 250 hammer for somewhere between 5~10mil but who in their right mind would buy something for 60mil just to gain 1 level on a piece of equipment? the market for stability hammers is a joke.

-accuracy mechanic should've stayed as it was prior to patch.

-Arena was nice, but taking 5k dmg on floor 89 with a skill that reduces your dmg by 50% when you armor is at +11 and T7 is a bit ridiculous. considering how most players dont even have 10k HP. the difficulty spike from 79->80 was increased by 10x Your literally playing hit and run.

-Speedhacks on mobs dont make them harder. Just more annoying to hit when your in a party and people lag so your enemies are just teleporting. The run faster than players with 180% run speed man... somethings not right.

-Before changing certain aspects of the game, Wouldnt it be nice to do a poll?

• TypicaldemonTypicaldemon Member
    edited July 2017

Arena

I'd like to preface my Arena feedback by saying the overhaul has been a vast improvement over the previous system, but that shouldn't exempt it from continuing to making improvements.

Arena Base Mechanics

Its quite awkward how you transition from floor to floor. The system from the previous Arena iteration has been carried over; wherein the character's cooldowns, buffs, EX gauge, etc. are sustained from floor to floor. This made perfect sense when Arena was 10 stages stringed together and the player had to manage all of the resources made available to them in order attain the fastest clear time possible (there were some outlying factors in a player's time, but as we've moved on from that iteration of Arena I think we can just steer past that subject). However, in the Arena we have now, you're allowed to re-enter on the floor you're currently progressing on. When entering this way, your character is set to the default setting (no EX bar, fresh CD's, full HP, etc.). This causes a number of odd cases, where you might have been better off stacking EX Bar for a difficult floor on your first attempt and using resources you wouldn't normally have available to you. There's another case where your character may reach a threshold where its unable to do floors without fresh CD's, making you wait to fail the following floor and re-enter for a fresh attempt. If that's intended then so be it, but its a bit awkward spending 100k to clear every floor after a given point.

Class Specific Leaderboards

Its no surprise to anyone here that classes are different from each other. Simply put, they can't and shouldn't be compared to one another. In the previous Arena, classes with extreme mobility (read: Doomblades) had a much easier time getting on the leaderboards than similarly geared counterparts. If you wanted to have class specific and global leaderboards I think that would be fine, however you should tone down what the global leaderboard would give on comparison. Its fine to reward people for playing classes good at arena: as stated earlier, certain classes excel at certain things. However, you don't want players to feel punished for playing their favorite class. I'll leave out anecdotes as I'm sure you can go find a hundred posts without much effort.

I won't get into the "anti-debuff' thing that's making-the-rounds; its clearly an issue and I'm sure you guys are already working on it.

Kagerfeld Badges

Unless I've missed something, there doesn't seem to be any means of acquisition for Kagerfeld Badges through the new Arena. This is wholly up to how scarce you guys want these to be, but I will say that this is going to heavily impact their rate of acquisition, especially for F2P players. Aside from some seriously hard farming in Skyship Letter rotations, people are going to find it very difficult to push into green/blue stacks of badges (let's not even mention purples here). There's multiple ways to add badges back to Arena. The best way I can see is to add back the old boxes in a similar form, with weekly purchase limits rather than daily, for the price of some Bronze Medals. This also helps quell the issue of there being nothing to buy with your Medals after the new Title.

Accuracy

The "new" Accuracy/Graze mechanic could use some work. It should be changed in it's function to reduce the gap between a Graze and a regular hit, or Accuracy should have a cap. Whatever you choose to implement, if anything, end user clarity should be a priority. I can't tell you what Accuracy does past "it lowers your chance of getting a Graze hit". I couldn't even tell you if it has a soft cap, an effective cap, if it has diminishing returns as it approaches 100%, etc.

Starhenge

I'll refer you to Noctred's post earlier in the thread for this. Generally you don't want to change content this significantly after its been introduced. Hotfixes that go out within 48 hours can see to any changes you guys might want to make, but large, sweeping changes made after a month of farming only hurts newer or lesser geared players. I liked the intention of the Starhenge change, I just think it came at the wrong time. The damage is already done here to some degree. A numeric rebalancing is already in the works I assume, so I'll reserve further judgement until I see that.

Gear Aquisiton

This can somewhat be rolled into the Starhenge section. Currently, there are 3 ways to obtain a piece of Starhenge gear; it can drop, it can be crafted, or it can be bought. Buying the gear should not be the main means of acquisition, especially when its only possible through Real Money Currency, rather than gold. However, a new player that does not play multiple alts -- and you shouldn't be expect to -- will take months to get geared. That's months of gameplay where they're being, more or less, hard carried through their Extreme dungeons or mope around in the lower difficulties.

There are a few ways to speed up gear acquisition. The droprate of legendaries being increased is one of the more straight forward methods. Its also exciting when you get a legendary, so its hard to argue against this one. However, it can be frustration to get the "wrong" variant you want for your character, or even a flat-out unusable one. Having coupons of sort drop in place of legendaries that are exchangeable for the piece you want could be a solution. For example, instead of Malariya Hat dropping, you could recieve a "Legendary Helmet Coupon" which could be exchanged at a vendor that has all helmet types and variants available, allowing the player to get the one they want. Another way to speed up gearing would be to simply make crafting them cost less fragments. This is more so based on how crafting should feel. Currently, crafting legendaries is a means of bad luck protection. If you can't get any to drop, you can at least craft one every X days. This can be kept as is if the droprate of legendaries is improved, or material costs could be reduced instead.

Closing Thoughts

Overall, its a great patch. The intent of the patch was exactly what was needed, however a few of the changes fell short or even hindered what it intended to do. I hope to see more patches and feedback threads in the future.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

The rewards in Arena where we get a random soul gem V, VI, and VII box shouldn't be an RNG box. Unless we get these rewards once a week, then a selectable box like the awesome charm box would be much more meaningful.

• KYMT3KF697KYMT3KF697 Member
    edited July 2017

so now i take 6 scrolls and 3 x the time i used to do to solo easy and this is good for me because is more fun? and why the boss is droping the same if u say doble drop for SH is only crap maybe for those who have 150k + cr is more but now is harder for me so ill just lvlup alts waiting for the next patch or else another new mmo with ppl how can test their patch before implemented at least. Also make the game feel u are not wasting ur time lvling to 65 cuz that is what this patch is for all those receantly in 65 or with alts for dailys that now need a carry for fast clearing the SH crap from this new patch also iam grazing way too much like 50% of the time maybe more, and have 240 accuracy on easy SH most important seems allways graze the High dmg skills that takes alot of animations wasting my time playng now if u do enjoy this make a stream farming easy with 20k cr so i can laugh at u getting tyred most of all makes me hate doomblade and all my characters playng on SH easy and even when i have a vamp with 35k.

• @Katsuiee said:

• Amount of gold given in-game doesn't justify the prices of things in the Auction house.
    • My dumb self said to remove Gold limitations.
    • Kred limitations should be removed and should be driven by the Players, for the Players.
    • Enable trading. Why isn't this a thing yet.

The AH is set this way to limit or restrict Gold Sellers. If you haven't noticed there aren't any Gold Sellers running around or at least i have yet to see one on Ch.1. Having static min-max prices on the AH and the removal on the seller name has helped to heavily reduce Gold Seller spam.

• @Typicaldemon said:

Arena

I'd like to preface my Arena feedback by saying the overhaul has been a vast improvement over the previous system, but that shouldn't exempt it from continuing to making improvements.

Unless I've missed something, there doesn't seem to be any means of acquisition for Kagerfeld Badges through the new Arena. This is wholly up to how scarce you guys want these to be, but I will say that this is going to heavily impact their rate of acquisition, especially for F2P players. Aside from some seriously hard farming in Skyship Letter rotations, people are going to find it very hard to push into green/blue stacks of badges (let's not even mention purples here). There's multiple ways to add badges back to Arena. The best way I can see is to add back the old boxes in a similar form, with weekly purchase limits rather than daily, for the price of some Bronze Medals. This also helps quell the issue of there being nothing to buy with your Medals after the new Title.

you get badges from completely levels in the arena. everyone seems to have forgotten to check the arena rewards because its there plain as day.

• @Abaddonoffire said:

@Typicaldemon said:

Arena

Unless I've missed something, there doesn't seem to be any means of acquisition for Kagerfeld Badges through the new Arena. This is wholly up to how scarce you guys want these to be, but I will say that this is going to heavily impact their rate of acquisition, especially for F2P players. Aside from some seriously hard farming in Skyship Letter rotations, people are going to find it very hard to push into green/blue stacks of badges (let's not even mention purples here). There's multiple ways to add badges back to Arena. The best way I can see is to add back the old boxes in a similar form, with weekly purchase limits rather than daily, for the price of some Bronze Medals. This also helps quell the issue of there being nothing to buy with your Medals after the new Title.

you get badges from completely levels in the arena. everyone seems to have forgotten to check the arena rewards because its there plain as day.

Those are once per character AFAIK.That's not going to make up the gap left behind from the old Arena.

• Would like to see the higher healing items returned in the NPC store. If that is not practical please consider adjusting the healing on the items that are sold.

• Please, for the love of everything sacred, get rid of this ridiculously unfair graze mechanic that has no place in a game like this.

• The class pvp would be good that it is evenly adjusted and not the it goes who has the best armor because it is unfair

Would better find that everyone has the same cd rating in pvp

• There are people who have so much cd rating that can not be the must have used but bug

• Don't know if this is due to the patch but the class change is sorta glitched. I got an alt char Rogue to be more exact and When I reached level 15 and tried the class change there was no option to do so. To further explain, I went to the circle thingy and saw all of the different advanced classes in action that was all good. However, after all of that is done you are supposed to be able to choose which class you want but the Rogue Master was just standing there and when I tapped "F" she said what she always says, no class change stuff, nothing.

• I hope they also handle the berserk skills because of pvp because many class are unfair

• It can not be the one in pvp Combat Rating plays a role I hope the everyone in pvp Combat Rating the same rating hatt and again it can not be the people 290k Combat Rating there is true what does not use hack or bug

• Oh also on that class change stuff, Instead of saying stuff about the catspaw she starts saying things about the Valkyrie

• @shinigamiscall said:

@Katsuiee said:

• Amount of gold given in-game doesn't justify the prices of things in the Auction house.
    • My dumb self said to remove Gold limitations.
    • Kred limitations should be removed and should be driven by the Players, for the Players.
    • Enable trading. Why isn't this a thing yet.

The AH is set this way to limit or restrict Gold Sellers. If you haven't noticed there aren't any Gold Sellers running around or at least i have yet to see one on Ch.1. Having static min-max prices on the AH and the removal on the seller name has helped to heavily reduce Gold Seller spam.

Player fun>gold buyers

Ive seen to many good games try to restrict everything to counter gold bots and all it does is make people not want to play the game and guess what? The bots are still there and the people that want to buy gold are still buying. Its a dumb path to take. AH changes all need to reverted and difficulties need to be reset back to original.

Also add new starhenge difficulties with better gold drops and some different drops but keep the old starhenge, its literally the first thing players get to do when they hit 65 it should not be this difficult.

• EspeiEspei Member

As some have mentioned, Easy to Hard mode should probably be reverted back to what it was with possibly a boost to equipment drops. It was just too painful just trying get through Easy/Normal with two others in a party who were face planting the entire boss fight only to be rewarded with one boss soul. On top of all that we're supposed to get these souls to participate in the current event but you can't even get enough souls to do that... especially those people who will be or just hit 65 and haven't had the chance to mass farm souls beforehand.

When half the party can't even stay alive in Normal mode let alone Easy, there's an issue. On top of that the abysmal drop rate and it really just kills any motivation to do dailies or try and gear up via crafting gear because you aren't going to gear in any reasonable time.

• JECKFE69LPJECKFE69LP Member
    edited July 2017

Pets eat better than players in this patch. Please feed your players! We are sad and hungry! :(

• All i have to say is, Low CR + new SH + Graze = uninstall..... cuz it makes me cry.

• This patch is newbie unfriendly at endgame.

• @Grievuuz said:
    ^

-New arena is amazing, I absolutely love it, hard as hell in the late stages ;)
    -I still think wing stats should be suppressed while in the arena, to even out the playing field.
    -Many of the auction house prices are way off base, 5k for a starhenge piece? Noone is going to buy at that price. Noone.
    -New charm/artifact melding UI is great, but it would make us way happier if we could get actual percentage chances on quality upgrading, "high" chance is too vague.
    -Bronze medal shop is too barren, not everyone wants or needs pvp gear, you spend 60 medals daily and save up for the emblem, but after you get the emblem they're just gonna sit there and look cute.
    -Losing the bronze medal -> badge shop was a huge blow to grinding badges, as well as the badges in the weekly arena reward - adding them back would solve two problems in one go.

This. Nothing else to say.

• Before Ah changes stablizing hammer: 30-100k gold After ah changes: 1.5mil min price. Elite is 60 mil gold:
    before the patch 1k kred was worth like 5-7 mil gold after the patch 1k kred is worth 34 mil gold
    Thats going to make it harder to farm gold to buy things haha
    I know you wanted to change prices but my god at least change the drop rate of gold in dungeons if your gonna break the econ cause now it is gonna take like months to get that kind of gold if ur a free to play player.

• @Typicaldemon said:

@Abaddonoffire said:

@Typicaldemon said:

Arena

Those are once per character AFAIK.That's not going to make up the gap left behind from the old Arena.

i didnt realize they were once per character. well rip then.

• I want badges from arena back as an option. That was a really nice method of acquisition of an otherwise scarce resource. The 100~300 medals rewarded for being placed in the top 100 don't really motivate me to try for a better ranking there within.

This discussion has been closed.