We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Graze is awesome!!

edited July 2017 in General Discussion

Since that last patch we have had this new awesome feature called Graze. It basically means no accuracy=ur fked**. As a berserker I am enjoying this feature a lot. Not only now do I do relatively low damage in Starhenge but now berzerkers are finally completely useless. Missing a massive amount if hits on a difficulty worse than before.

I could obviously gear for accuracy lowering the amount of damage stats, but who cares anyway 80% of warriors are Doomblades, that do much more damage and have a better chance at MVP.

I am not here to praise the class balance but to praise the amazing new feature of Graze.

Keep it up!

Comments

• The boss shield thing is new, but gaze is always there, they just putting it up too late

• SharveSharve Member

I also feel that berserkers (togethers with a few other classes) got shafted in this patch but not because of graze.

I am on floor 93 of the Arena now and it is extremely hard to get damage in with the few openings that berserkers have avaliable to them.
    I have just watched streamers that played firelord/catspaw/vamp and they seem to have it so much easier because of their abilities that allow them to either deal damage while being invulnerable or cc chain the monsters

firelord has a plethora of knockdowns, repositions and iframes, that allow him to put both enemies next to each other and deal damage while theyre knocked down

catspaw has

• a decent amount of knockdowns
    • abilities that allow her to deal damage while being safe

vamp has

• the spear(7 sec cc on both enemies if landed correctly; kinda hard to hit both but with practice it should work)
    • a few knockdowns

whereas berserker has

• 1 decent knockdown on 20 sec cd (brutal chop)
    • 1 shitty knockdown that will probably get you killed in the wrong position, usually only hits 1 of the enemies (onslaught)
    • loads of abilities that boost defense and that are meant to be used in a "head on, rush in" kinda way. Even with the defensive boosts I get deleted by the arena bosses because you can't stagger them so those skills feel really lackluster
    • loads of hp and defense as a tradeoff for less damage but that doesn't make a difference because I get one shot as much as a catspaw with half my hp

Perhaps I am missing a very decent strategy or some basic knowledge that berserker has avaliable but I feel like fighting an uphill battle when going to the arena.

• iKouriiKouri Member

To be honest, I'm not sure why they implemented a terrible system when it's just going to get removed later on like in the other versions.

• @iKouri said:
    To be honest, I'm not sure why they implemented a terrible system when it's just going to get removed later on like in the other versions.

How dare you call it terrible, I am praising it here.

• Gaze just broken atm in starhendge coz devs multiply all mobs and boss stats by x5 (hp, def, atak, speed, evasion) + shield mechanics, so in other words we dont have enough accuracy for not missing, or we can get need accuracy with lose in dmg or with perfect rolls which contribute just insane amount of scrolls...

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

@BellMorte said:
    Gaze just broken atm in starhendge coz devs multiply all mobs and boss stats by x5 (hp, def, atak, speed, evasion) + shield mechanics, so in other words we dont have enough accuracy for not missing, or we can get need accuracy with lose in dmg or with perfect rolls which contribute just insane amount of scrolls...

Which is one of the things that makes this adding "difficulty" they they're doing by increasing mob stats such a pain. The game wasn't built around mobs having such stats, and they didn't do anything to compensate for the changes they made. Like the boosted damage mobs do, while the HP potions still restore the amount they did if their damage wasn't boosted, so it can take more than one potion to restore the damage done by a single hit of some regular mobs.

• My friend play Zerk and I see how useless they are, but it too late for him to switch since he spent alot gold and time to gear his Char.... xD

• AistAist Member, KOL ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017

@PhoenixShi said:
    Which is one of the things that makes this adding "difficulty" they they're doing by increasing mob stats such a pain. The game wasn't built around mobs having such stats, and they didn't do anything to compensate for the changes they made. Like the boosted damage mobs do, while the HP potions still restore the amount they did if their damage wasn't boosted, so it can take more than one potion to restore the damage done by a single hit of some regular mobs.

It feels like at this point they have made such a mess of things by fiddling with numbers and not understanding what the consequences would be, they would be better off scrapping all this "lets make this super dark souls hard" and just use the base numbers used in all the other versions of this game.

EME is having a lot of fun messing with all the monsters stats and numbers, but they really have given no thought to what all the side-effects are to this. Like you said, you put a 5x multiplier on these monsters not considering the fact you just gave SH monsters a ridiculously high evasion stat that means rerolling some gear and charming for accuracy which is a stat that no one cared about til a couple days ago.

The will learn pretty fast that once you start messing with these numbers a lot of things can go wrong. Game would be better off if we just used the same stats/formulas as the base game does rather than some weird attempt to turn this into a game it cant be. When you start messing with all these stats you can break things pretty easily without realizing it. This game wasnt designed to be as hard as these guys want it to be and because of this stuff like sticking shields where they dont belong and buffing monsters stats is causing a lot of problems.

example : Ilya. Look how well that went when they put a shield on her. She wasnt designed like that is as a result was completely silly hard.

• You don't need to recharm everything. Accuracy comes naturally from charms. I had 954 accuracy before the patch, and RI only have it on 2 pieces if gear as far as stats go.

While I do agree this patch sucks I'm a berserker and I can still solo insane starhenge and made it to lv 97 on the arena.

• welp, on ice mage, I only deal graze damage now, which is so much fun! I love it, now it's not just numbers on the screen, now I see Graze all over the place, I can't express the amount of love I have for this new and exciting feature.

• The sarcasm is heavy.

• NAWAXEYNR5NAWAXEYNR5 Member ✭✭

it's called gear check

git gud

• @Julicen said:

You realise you need about 500-600 to not graze at all, I think about 550. Reasonably obtainable by re rolling hat and hands, guild buff, and a charm or two.

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

@Aist said:

It feels like at this point they have made such a mess of things by fiddling with numbers and not understanding what the consequences would be, they would be better off scrapping all this "lets make this super dark souls hard" and just use the base numbers used in all the other versions of this game.

EME is having a lot of fun messing with all the monsters stats and numbers, but they really have given no thought to what all the side-effects are to this. Like you said, you put a 5x multiplier on these monsters not considering the fact you just gave SH monsters a ridiculously high evasion stat that means rerolling some gear and charming for accuracy which is a stat that no one cared about til a couple days ago.

People like to keep bring up Dark Souls, but what made Dark Souls hard was its mechanics, and the whole of the game was pretty well designed around what it did. Mobs could hit like trucks, but your HP restore was pretty good, and could be made better, plus unlike a game like this, it was slower paced, and you should never have been dealing with large groups of mobs at once, so could keep track of things pretty well. You didn't use massively flashy skills that could make seeing what you're suppose to be avoiding difficult either.

Also I have to wonder if the changes are more the fault of ALLM, than they are of EME. Take how trading was disabled, and the whole Kred auction house, those EME have claimed were due to ALLM, these "difficulty" changes could be as well. Although the fact there was so many cheering at the silly changes of this nature they made from the start, made the idea they would do more of the same not at all surprising to me.

• @Sharve said:
    I also feel that berserkers (togethers with a few other classes) got shafted in this patch but not because of graze.

I am on floor 93 of the Arena now and it is extremely hard to get damage in with the few openings that berserkers have avaliable to them.
    I have just watched streamers that played firelord/catspaw/vamp and they seem to have it so much easier because of their abilities that allow them to either deal damage while being invulnerable or cc chain the monsters

firelord has a plethora of knockdowns, repositions and iframes, that allow him to put both enemies next to each other and deal damage while theyre knocked down

catspaw has

• a decent amount of knockdowns
    • abilities that allow her to deal damage while being safe

vamp has

• the spear(7 sec cc on both enemies if landed correctly; kinda hard to hit both but with practice it should work)
    • a few knockdowns

whereas berserker has

• 1 decent knockdown on 20 sec cd (brutal chop)
    • 1 shitty knockdown that will probably get you killed in the wrong position, usually only hits 1 of the enemies (onslaught)
    • loads of abilities that boost defense and that are meant to be used in a "head on, rush in" kinda way. Even with the defensive boosts I get deleted by the arena bosses because you can't stagger them so those skills feel really lackluster
    • loads of hp and defense as a tradeoff for less damage but that doesn't make a difference because I get one shot as much as a catspaw with half my hp

Perhaps I am missing a very decent strategy or some basic knowledge that berserker has avaliable but I feel like fighting an uphill battle when going to the arena.

Berserker has always been bad. Mine is 64 and once i get to lvl 65 i'm gonna level my warp mage. Only reason i'm still playing zerker is because i'm so close to unlocking devotion. I've learned my lesson. Only play the op, meta classes. Even if they are cringy edgelords.

• @alex33x said:
    You don't need to recharm everything. Accuracy comes naturally from charms. I had 954 accuracy before the patch, and RI only have it on 2 pieces if gear as far as stats go.

While I do agree this patch sucks I'm a berserker and I can still solo insane starhenge and made it to lv 97 on the arena.

Ya.. You are one of those 200k CR peeps.