We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Questions for Lead Game Designer, Seong Beom Ahn!

1235»

Comments

• @Raigarak said:
    Could keep the TAB or limit the maximum amount of aerial combo hits or increase damage reduction per extra aerial combo. I only played pvp twice, so I'm not that familiar with all the classes.

Think they would just have to make skills have different/nerfed damage while cast in air but I'm not sure. We are getting the latest PvP patch with OBT either way so will see if that brings any new aerial play.

• @Tristitia said:

@Raigarak said:
    Could keep the TAB or limit the maximum amount of aerial combo hits or increase damage reduction per extra aerial combo. I only played pvp twice, so I'm not that familiar with all the classes.

Think they would just have to make skills have different/nerfed damage while cast in air but I'm not sure. We are getting the latest PvP patch with OBT either way so will see if that brings any new aerial play.

The more you hit the lower the dmg gets ... for example .. let's assume that 1 is a skill .. when you use it at first you deal 100 dmg .. then you use other skills while the skill 1 is on cd ... when the skill 1 is up for another use ... the dmg will not be 100 but like 60 or even less .. if you understand the example :)

• TristitiaTristitia Member
    edited June 2017

@XxDeadSoulsxX said:

@Tristitia said:

@Raigarak said:

The more you hit the lower the dmg gets ... for example .. let's assume that 1 is a skill .. when you use it at first you deal 100 dmg .. then you use other skills while the skill 1 is on cd ... when the skill 1 is up for another use ... the dmg will not be 100 but like 60 or even less .. if you understand the example :)

I understood it already when Raigarak said it, what I don't understand is why you are repeating it and giving an example.

• Additional questions: Would you guys consider implementing the "Rebirth" system or "Family" system from Lunia Online to Kritika?

• @Tristitia said:

@YM4LY39HYG said:
    there is a game called azure striker gunvolt 2 where you can play as a character called copen. he targets enemies by air dashing/ground dashing into them and then can lock on to them with his gun. i feel kritika does not have enough aerial gameplay so i give this game as an example of how i would like more aerial gameplay to be implemented into kritika. another example would be the male grappler from dfo. he can grab from the air. i think what im getting at is that i would like some kind of aerial mechanic where interacting with enemies from the air would allow you to use more skills/lock on skills like in azure striker gunvolt 2

The problem with this is that you have to make all classes viable for air combo which means redesigning abilities meaning more balancing etc. Would also be a pain for people who simply don't like aerial combat. Also what about abilities that move enemies, would they just reapply a stagger without a knockback effect? What about abilities that bring the enemy back down to the ground? Do those always bring the enemy down or do they get canceled by other abilities that keep it in the air? What about skills like assassins backslash? It only hits when the enemy doesn't move and is on the ground as far as I know. That's the hardest hitting move an assassin has from my experience. Is that just gonna make assassin a low tier dps because the meta would be to perma airlock the enemy? What about melee/ranged balance? Ranged classes would just lock on the enemy or would all of their abilities just hit regardless? Are melee classes just gonna have to deal with the fact that they gonna have to worry about placement in air or do they move towards an enemy while attacking and stay in front of it while during attacks? What about the abilities that you can't use during movement/while you are in the air, are those still gonna be disabled? Or are they just gonna add air time to all abilities. What about channeled abilities? Do you stay in place mid air while you are doing a giant spin as a berserker? How will ground based DoTs/skills be applied to airborn enemies? How is warp mage's gravity/anti gravity aoe thingy gonna apply to those enemies?And what about PvP? Is aerial combat gonna be the new meta in PvP? Are some classes going to be blatantly overpowered during high hit/stagger count meaning you're permanently air locked?

Those are just some of the questions/problems you encounter when you want to deal with aerial combat in a game like this. Now imagine how many the devs could come up to. Now imagine how much time and money it would take to expand to such a system and how much of this time/money could be instead used on actual new content like new maps/continuation of the story/a new class etc.

you could just add anti airs and nerfs to solve any of those problems. the goal isnt to make aerial broken, its just to add more variety and replay value to the game. and an idea could be to have the option to choose between a ground or aerial build with both having good damage or maybe even a hybrid where you have to sacrifice some sp which would force to balance the damage but be more enjoyable for the extra variety and replay value

• @YM4LY39HYG said:

@Tristitia said:

@YM4LY39HYG said:
    there is a game called azure striker gunvolt 2 where you can play as a character called copen. he targets enemies by air dashing/ground dashing into them and then can lock on to them with his gun. i feel kritika does not have enough aerial gameplay so i give this game as an example of how i would like more aerial gameplay to be implemented into kritika. another example would be the male grappler from dfo. he can grab from the air. i think what im getting at is that i would like some kind of aerial mechanic where interacting with enemies from the air would allow you to use more skills/lock on skills like in azure striker gunvolt 2

The problem with this is that you have to make all classes viable for air combo which means redesigning abilities meaning more balancing etc. Would also be a pain for people who simply don't like aerial combat. Also what about abilities that move enemies, would they just reapply a stagger without a knockback effect? What about abilities that bring the enemy back down to the ground? Do those always bring the enemy down or do they get canceled by other abilities that keep it in the air? What about skills like assassins backslash? It only hits when the enemy doesn't move and is on the ground as far as I know. That's the hardest hitting move an assassin has from my experience. Is that just gonna make assassin a low tier dps because the meta would be to perma airlock the enemy? What about melee/ranged balance? Ranged classes would just lock on the enemy or would all of their abilities just hit regardless? Are melee classes just gonna have to deal with the fact that they gonna have to worry about placement in air or do they move towards an enemy while attacking and stay in front of it while during attacks? What about the abilities that you can't use during movement/while you are in the air, are those still gonna be disabled? Or are they just gonna add air time to all abilities. What about channeled abilities? Do you stay in place mid air while you are doing a giant spin as a berserker? How will ground based DoTs/skills be applied to airborn enemies? How is warp mage's gravity/anti gravity aoe thingy gonna apply to those enemies?And what about PvP? Is aerial combat gonna be the new meta in PvP? Are some classes going to be blatantly overpowered during high hit/stagger count meaning you're permanently air locked?

Those are just some of the questions/problems you encounter when you want to deal with aerial combat in a game like this. Now imagine how many the devs could come up to. Now imagine how much time and money it would take to expand to such a system and how much of this time/money could be instead used on actual new content like new maps/continuation of the story/a new class etc.

you could just add anti airs and nerfs to solve any of those problems. the goal isnt to make aerial broken, its just to add more variety and replay value to the game. and an idea could be to have the option to choose between a ground or aerial build with both having good damage or maybe even a hybrid where you have to sacrifice some sp which would force to balance the damage but be more enjoyable for the extra variety and replay value

Which would result in what exactly? I'll tell you what. 4 people in a party, 2 focused on aerial dealing a lot of damage, 1 hybrid being fine with it and the player with the ground build feeling totally useless and probably dealing no damage at all due to lack of aerial skills. Or are you going to redesign every ability into 2, one for ground and one for air?

It's simply too much of a rework to be done. You'd have to rebalance the whole game. Also you have to make it balanced for PvE as well as PvP at the same time so you aren't really free with effects/crowd control.

• ShinRaphaelShinRaphael Member
    edited June 2017

@Tristitia said:

@YM4LY39HYG said:

@Tristitia said:

@YM4LY39HYG said:

Which would result in what exactly? I'll tell you what. 4 people in a party, 2 focused on aerial dealing a lot of damage, 1 hybrid being fine with it and the player with the ground build feeling totally useless and probably dealing no damage at all due to lack of aerial skills. Or are you going to redesign every ability into 2, one for ground and one for air?

It's simply too much of a rework to be done. You'd have to rebalance the whole game. Also you have to make it balanced for PvE as well as PvP at the same time so you aren't really free with effects/crowd control.

well notice how you cant do much while in the air when you jump if anything at all. like why not make it so you can just use some of the skills you already have as aerial versions? and you could air dash with shift to perform an aerial dash to get into combos

• yeah thats it. now you see where im going with this. just recycle the ground mechanics and give aerial versions. i think thatd be great
  • Female doom blade ;3 ?

• will Kritika ever come to Mac or will it remain a windows only game

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

When are you guys going to fix the story line quests?

• Are you giong to just take the ezy road and roll out the same content with bugs and exploits you had in Sea version and just kill the game in NA. AKA arena cheese wep

• WHY DO GIRL CHARACTERS GET TO BE HALF NAKED BUT NOT GUYS???
    THAT'S SEXIST!!!
    I WANNA SHOW OFF MY DB BODY TOO!!

• Q.1 In terms of costumes and costume rarity, will there be higher rarity costumes released in our server alongside increased stats applied to each rarity, and will there be free to play means of acquiring these in game?

Q.2 Will there ever be a costume weapon which has stats applied to your character, and will there be any other means of acquiring wings or is Arena the only possible way? As wings have an expiry date and weapons have no stats, I see a permanent stat wing and weapon implementation to some degree would be a nice idea but that's just me

• AetheraAethera Member
    edited August 2017

How long will it take, estimates of course, for the content of NA version to catch up with that of SEA version?

• NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

Bois he already answered those questions you are kinda late :sweat_smile:

• Q is auction house will be fixed??... otherwise game still will be dead on eu because mustly of this min/max prices and huge bugs in ah ofc, im sure ah will be fixed cause i think u wannt ppls to play and nxxbs to pay alot of salary to see just high numbers and get ass licked from other nxxbs, i just wannt to know date of fix thats all ;) date can be +- month ty in advance^^