PATCH INCOMING AT 3PM PDT: V205 Patch Notes
UPDATE: We ended up doing one more change to Green Leaf weapons to further reduce the damage from the special options.
UPDATE: Bonus drop rates and Danger Zone completion will begin today at 7PM PDT (4AM CEST) and last 24 hours.
We always appreciate your feedback and opinions about Kritika Online. We know it comes from deep passion for the game and we really do value it.
Since our last update, we’ve made adjustments to alleviate some of issues surrounding the Starhenge difficulty changes.
Additionally, we agree that Green Leaf weapons are a wee bit too powerful. Technically this was not a bug, or an exploit, but rather an imbalance that ultimately resulted in players clearing the Arena at a much higher rate than designed.
It’s nearly impossible for us to accurately identify exactly who used what weapon in what capacity throughout the week. As such, we are not punishing anyone that used the weapon in the Arena. We're continuing to discuss ways to reward last week's Arena players in as fair a way as possible. We appreciate your patience on the matter.
Alongside this hotfix, we’re providing a 30 percent increase to drop rates and Danger Zone completion EXP for 24 hours, beginning August 1, 7PM PDT (4 AM CEST).
On to the details of the changes!
Starhenge Difficulty & Reward Changes
We initially made our changes to Starhenge to make it more challenging and more engaging for users alongside an increase of rewards. With the intent of higher difficulty equals higher rewards, we overshot our mark—especially for easy, normal, and hard difficulties. Your feedback and data both showed too big of a hurdle between users and the content.
The lesson we have learned from this Starhenge patch is that we should not put hurdles in front of your current playstyle. In response to this we are bringing down the requirements for all 4 difficulties, deleting the shield gauge that was added, and decreasing monster’s attack/moving speed.
If you were to compare it to v153 (before the v202 update), then you will see Easy, Normal, and Hard back to similar difficulty levels – while Insane mode will still land a bit higher than before.
The drop rates will remain the same as the v202 update and since we are increasing the difficulty, we will be increasing the Violet Boss Soul drops.
Summary of Starhenge Changes:
1. Removed all Starhenge boss shield gauges.
2. Starhenge accuracy requirement is reduced.
3. Violet Boss soul drop amount will be increased, based on difficulty. (Easy: 1 to 2, Normal: 2 to 4, Hard: 4 to 8, and Extreme: 8 to 12)
4. Monster’s attack/moving speed will be decreased on Hard and Insane modes.
5. Recommended Combat Rating reflect the changes. (Easy: 15000 to 12000, Normal: 35000 to 25000, Hard: 70000 to 35000, and Extreme: 150000 to 130000)
1. The Green Leaf weapons weren’t designed to do this much damage—reduced damage to their intended percentage.
2. Many auction house min/max prices were set too high. We’ve revised a bunch of them—too many to list. As we mentioned when we first implemented the min/max, we expect this to take a few updates to get right. Keep letting us know where we are off.
3. Added Costume Badges to the Arena coin exchange shop, with a daily purchase limit.
4. Revised the Dark Companion’s (Founder’s Pack pet) item collecting range to its intended 20m range.
5. You can now add the Vasilisa Claymore to the auction house.
6. Added more information about rewards to the Arena entry screen.
7. Numerous bug and localization fixes.