We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

PATCH INCOMING AT 3PM PDT: V205 Patch Notes

24567

Comments

  • SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

    @Grievuuz said:
    @Smoreceror So I take it that the Kaidaj helmet is now confirmed legit, and won't be nerfed? (procs 10% of boss health as dmg, only once per boss - meaning cutting 20% hp off arena encounters beyond floor 80)

    I mean it wasn't as broken as the memeleaf weapons, but it's still pretty much a requirement for the higher floors atm.

    We're going to continue to monitor the helmet as well as the Greenleaf weapons once the patch is out in the wild. More tweaks may be made, but there won't be any punishment.

  • So you basically reverted all the difficulty increase in starhenge? This is what i call casual privilege, whine about something and devs actually listen.. Meanwhile i liked the higher difficulty and i could enjoy it.. for a week while hearing everyone whine about it. Welp, back to 1 shotting bosses

    I just expected this game to be harder but most of it at end game seems too easy, farming bella is a snooze fest, walk to boss, hit 5 spells, boss dead. Wait mvp screen, wait load screen. Most time is spent waiting on load screens lol

    welp ill just play casually for now, cant be bothered more than daily

  • AbaddonoffireAbaddonoffire Member
    edited August 2017

    @ecchiless said:

    @Typicaldemon said:

    @Smoreceror said:

    @Typicaldemon said:
    I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

    Because the weapon made its way into the game in such a powerful state, we didn't feel it would be right to take action against players who used it. It's a difficult situation to address, but we wanted to lean less towards punishing and more towards fixing the issue. We're still discussing the best way to proceed with this week's Arena rewards and will have more updates soon.

    It's understandable. The issue is that it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It's difficult to justify banning for the use of Greenleafs due to the circumstance, however, the circumstance will likely be omitted when the precedence is set for "exploiting". Obviously no one hopes for another abusable mechanic to arise, but if (and when) it does, I hope to see a faster and more aggressive response. For what it's worth, wings should likely be equalized in Arena. It's already difficult to catch up in this game in terms of gearing and clear speed, but it's damn near impossible trying to catch people at Rank 1-10 with their wings.

    All in all though, a solid patch. The boss soul changes and difficulty rebalancing are certainly a step in the right direction, and the addition (or reintroduction) of Kagerfeld Badges to the Arena shop is great all around, especially for F2P players. The AH changes sound good, but we'll have to wait to see those in practice to make any firm judgement.

    Well with this EME is actually telling us, that if we find another exploit we can use it, cause is not our fault, is the game fault so we cant do wrong, glad to know. Now to check and see what is the exploit in Starhenge is.

    Now i understand that any decision gonna be hard and maybe impossible to implement, but if you dont take action with this exploit, you cant come later(with other exploits) and try to take any kind of punitive action against the player, we have now a precedent and is a bad one.

    this is a rather light exploit. you find a duping bug and get yourself a million kreds and yeah they are going to ban your ass. this was just a unintended consequence of a weapon ingame. moreso theres a lack of punishment because it would be too hard to find who used it to get high ranks and who didnt.

  • SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

    Nerf the helmet while patching this, of course this is a more selfish thing because I do not want to buy the helmet lol

  • Thank you for the patch update. Maybe now it'll be somewhat bearable to play?

  • TypicaldemonTypicaldemon Member
    edited August 2017

    @Abaddonoffire said:

    @ecchiless said:

    @Typicaldemon said:

    @Smoreceror said:

    @Typicaldemon said:
    I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

    Because the weapon made its way into the game in such a powerful state, we didn't feel it would be right to take action against players who used it. It's a difficult situation to address, but we wanted to lean less towards punishing and more towards fixing the issue. We're still discussing the best way to proceed with this week's Arena rewards and will have more updates soon.

    It's understandable. The issue is that it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It's difficult to justify banning for the use of Greenleafs due to the circumstance, however, the circumstance will likely be omitted when the precedence is set for "exploiting". Obviously no one hopes for another abusable mechanic to arise, but if (and when) it does, I hope to see a faster and more aggressive response. For what it's worth, wings should likely be equalized in Arena. It's already difficult to catch up in this game in terms of gearing and clear speed, but it's damn near impossible trying to catch people at Rank 1-10 with their wings.

    All in all though, a solid patch. The boss soul changes and difficulty rebalancing are certainly a step in the right direction, and the addition (or reintroduction) of Kagerfeld Badges to the Arena shop is great all around, especially for F2P players. The AH changes sound good, but we'll have to wait to see those in practice to make any firm judgement.

    Well with this EME is actually telling us, that if we find another exploit we can use it, cause is not our fault, is the game fault so we cant do wrong, glad to know. Now to check and see what is the exploit in Starhenge is.

    Now i understand that any decision gonna be hard and maybe impossible to implement, but if you dont take action with this exploit, you cant come later(with other exploits) and try to take any kind of punitive action against the player, we have now a precedent and is a bad one.

    this is a rather light exploit. you find a duping bug and get yourself a million kreds and yeah they are going to ban your ass. this was just a unintended consequence of a weapon ingame. moreso theres a lack of punishment because it would be too hard to find who used it to get high ranks and who didnt.

    I'm just going to point out that you'll do yourself no favors by trying to measure the extent and magnitude of an exploit. They're all extremely harmful to a game's health and need to be taken seriously. Some can be game-shattering huge, (like duping as you mention) but that doesn't mean smaller exploits should be brushed over.

    As to the difficulty of determining who did and didn't use what and when, that's really based on what tools the Devs have available to them. If something similar were to go down in WoW, for instance, I can assure you they have the tools to make the distinction.

  • @36N4N9D3GF said:
    So you basically reverted all the difficulty increase in starhenge? This is what i call casual privilege, whine about something and devs actually listen.. Meanwhile i liked the higher difficulty and i could enjoy it.. for a week while hearing everyone whine about it. Welp, back to 1 shotting bosses

    I just expected this game to be harder but most of it at end game seems too easy, farming bella is a snooze fest, walk to boss, hit 5 spells, boss dead. Wait mvp screen, wait load screen. Most time is spent waiting on load screens lol

    welp ill just play casually for now, cant be bothered more than daily

    Aren't you doing the same as whining about it not being hard for you? Go play another game if it's too easy for you? lol

  • Shad0wf1ameShad0wf1ame Member
    edited August 2017

    This patch is certainly better than nothing, but no changes to Graze? For me that was the most harmful change to our gameplay from the last patch.

  • I like whats being done but im not cool with the drop increase starting so late in the day, people like me who were on earlier and have used a nice chunk of rp if not all of our rp wont get to benefit from it unless u reset rp with the update.

  • SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin
    edited August 2017

    @ecchiless said:

    Well with this EME is actually telling us, that if we find another exploit we can use it, cause is not our fault, is the game fault so we cant do wrong, glad to know. Now to check and see what is the exploit in Starhenge is.

    Now i understand that any decision gonna be hard and maybe impossible to implement, but if you dont take action with this exploit, you cant come later(with other exploits) and try to take any kind of punitive action against the player, we have now a precedent and is a bad one.

    Let me clarify. The difference between this and exploiting a bug that gives you a billion gold is that the weapon existed with those values from the start. The difference is that the values definitely needed balancing, but there was never supposed to be a way to just earn a billion gold right away. These types of situations will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.

    EDIT:
    Basically this:

    @Abaddonoffire said:
    this is a rather light exploit. you find a duping bug and get yourself a million kreds and yeah they are going to ban your ass. this was just a unintended consequence of a weapon ingame. moreso theres a lack of punishment because it would be too hard to find who used it to get high ranks and who didnt.

    Situations that disrupt game balance are very serious, but we can't apply blanket solutions to every single scenario.

  • please give your coders and team a raise. this was super fast. didnt know patches could be done that quickly.

  • @Shad0wf1ame said:
    This patch is certainly better than nothing, but no changes to Graze? For me that was the most harmful change to our gameplay from the last patch.

    Did you not read the notes?
    "2. Starhenge accuracy requirement is reduced."

  • TwilightPandaTwilightPanda Member ✭✭✭

    @Smoreceror said:

    @Zyvex said:
    at the market you are off pretty much everywhere, as it's self regulating and always depending on the inflation and playerbase... if you don't update it weekly on a very detailed base, auction house will stay dead

    We've committed to making very regular updates for Auction House values, but we need your feedback on the prices. Keep it coming!

    It's a losing battle, just let people trade freely......

  • @Abaddonoffire said:

    @ecchiless said:

    @Typicaldemon said:

    @Smoreceror said:

    @Typicaldemon said:
    I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

    Because the weapon made its way into the game in such a powerful state, we didn't feel it would be right to take action against players who used it. It's a difficult situation to address, but we wanted to lean less towards punishing and more towards fixing the issue. We're still discussing the best way to proceed with this week's Arena rewards and will have more updates soon.

    It's understandable. The issue is that it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It's difficult to justify banning for the use of Greenleafs due to the circumstance, however, the circumstance will likely be omitted when the precedence is set for "exploiting". Obviously no one hopes for another abusable mechanic to arise, but if (and when) it does, I hope to see a faster and more aggressive response. For what it's worth, wings should likely be equalized in Arena. It's already difficult to catch up in this game in terms of gearing and clear speed, but it's damn near impossible trying to catch people at Rank 1-10 with their wings.

    All in all though, a solid patch. The boss soul changes and difficulty rebalancing are certainly a step in the right direction, and the addition (or reintroduction) of Kagerfeld Badges to the Arena shop is great all around, especially for F2P players. The AH changes sound good, but we'll have to wait to see those in practice to make any firm judgement.

    Well with this EME is actually telling us, that if we find another exploit we can use it, cause is not our fault, is the game fault so we cant do wrong, glad to know. Now to check and see what is the exploit in Starhenge is.

    Now i understand that any decision gonna be hard and maybe impossible to implement, but if you dont take action with this exploit, you cant come later(with other exploits) and try to take any kind of punitive action against the player, we have now a precedent and is a bad one.

    this is a rather light exploit. you find a duping bug and get yourself a million kreds and yeah they are going to ban your ass. this was just a unintended consequence of a weapon ingame. moreso theres a lack of punishment because it would be too hard to find who used it to get high ranks and who didnt.

    Yea ik, but in the case you find another ligth exploit and abuse(mechanics, stronger weapons, ect), whats eme gonna do? if the problem is code, weapon doing more damge, procs been op, etc... is gonna be the same situation that we have right now, dont take me wrong, i did not have the intention of using exploits, hacks or what ever, i just wanna know what is gonna be the action taken here, sure bans are kinda out of the question, but what is gonna happend with the arena rewards?

  • @Jezabhel said:

    @Shad0wf1ame said:
    This patch is certainly better than nothing, but no changes to Graze? For me that was the most harmful change to our gameplay from the last patch.

    Did you not read the notes?
    "2. Starhenge accuracy requirement is reduced."

    Merp, I did miss that lol. I still think Graze has no place in the game at all, but hopefully this adjustment at least gets it out of our way sooner rather than later.

  • So how about just giving everyone who didnt wanna use exploits in the arena all the first time clear rewards since tons of people who dont deserve them now have them.

  • PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

    I want to restate things I've said before, stats don't make content more difficult, mechanics do. If the mechanics of a fight make it easy for the player, higher stats won't make it harder, just cause it to take longer with boosted defence stats, and more punishing with higher offence stats. Shields also don't make the content harder, or better in any real sense, as instead of adding new mechanics, they just let bosses ignore the mechanics given to players. PLEASE don't release new content, or changes to existing content for this, or Closers (since it sounds like you're releasing that next) that simply try to mess with the stats of things, especially without making compensating adjustments.

    I also want to state that the same sort of changes people were so dead set against in SH, had already been made to the levelling content since the start of closed beta. Mob stats got boosted, and those shields got wholesale distributed to most of the bosses. These changes also didn't feel thought out, as the damage boost feels like it makes enhancing our armour feel pointless, as it far exceeds the defence bonus doing so provides. It also makes HP restore items seem a waste of inventory space when the damage done by even various regular mobs from a single hit can be more than those HP restore items recover. That's the same sort of mess the combined stats boost, and accuracy change caused.

    The long, and the sort of all these "difficulty" changes is that you need to add real difficulty with better mechanics, not this artificial difficulty, with higher mob stats, and mechanics ignoring boss shields. If you, or whatever devs you are dealing with don't want to make proper mechanics modifications to adjust the difficulty of content, then it's better to make no changes at all, than more of these sort of stats boosting ones.

  • SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

    @K6WGX5M35H said:
    So how about just giving everyone who didnt wanna use exploits in the arena all the first time clear rewards since tons of people who dont deserve them now have them.

    We're discussing what we're doing with the first week's Arena rewards right now and will have updates soon.

  • @Typicaldemon said:

    @Abaddonoffire said:

    @ecchiless said:

    @Typicaldemon said:

    @Smoreceror said:

    @Typicaldemon said:
    I guess it's something at least. I'd have liked to seen a stronger stance going forward towards Greenleaf usage and the like, but it was wholly a mistake to leave that in the game the first time. It's strange to hear that it was in previous versions of the game and fixed, but manged to get overlooked when the game got ported. It'd be nice to see an additional reward for clearing floor 120 next week, a title (without stats) or something. There's a ton of people that have rewards they never could have obtained under normal circumstances.

    Because the weapon made its way into the game in such a powerful state, we didn't feel it would be right to take action against players who used it. It's a difficult situation to address, but we wanted to lean less towards punishing and more towards fixing the issue. We're still discussing the best way to proceed with this week's Arena rewards and will have more updates soon.

    It's understandable. The issue is that it shouldn't have been an issue to begin with. It's difficult to justify banning for the use of Greenleafs due to the circumstance, however, the circumstance will likely be omitted when the precedence is set for "exploiting". Obviously no one hopes for another abusable mechanic to arise, but if (and when) it does, I hope to see a faster and more aggressive response. For what it's worth, wings should likely be equalized in Arena. It's already difficult to catch up in this game in terms of gearing and clear speed, but it's damn near impossible trying to catch people at Rank 1-10 with their wings.

    All in all though, a solid patch. The boss soul changes and difficulty rebalancing are certainly a step in the right direction, and the addition (or reintroduction) of Kagerfeld Badges to the Arena shop is great all around, especially for F2P players. The AH changes sound good, but we'll have to wait to see those in practice to make any firm judgement.

    Well with this EME is actually telling us, that if we find another exploit we can use it, cause is not our fault, is the game fault so we cant do wrong, glad to know. Now to check and see what is the exploit in Starhenge is.

    Now i understand that any decision gonna be hard and maybe impossible to implement, but if you dont take action with this exploit, you cant come later(with other exploits) and try to take any kind of punitive action against the player, we have now a precedent and is a bad one.

    this is a rather light exploit. you find a duping bug and get yourself a million kreds and yeah they are going to ban your ass. this was just a unintended consequence of a weapon ingame. moreso theres a lack of punishment because it would be too hard to find who used it to get high ranks and who didnt.

    I'm just going to point out that you'll do yourself no favors by trying to measure the extent and magnitude of an exploit. They're all extremely harmful to a game's health and need to be taken seriously. Some can be game-shattering huge, (like duping as you mention) but that doesn't mean smaller exploits should be brushed over.

    As to the difficulty of determining who did and didn't use what and when, that's really based on what tools the Devs have available to them. If something similar were to go down in WoW, for instance, I can assure you they have the tools to make the distinction.

    This is what im trying to get(excuse my english, not my first/second language).

  • for arena my simple suggestion would be to extend the range of the prices x2. so 1-200 get wings etc. for example i lost my rank 51 down to sth 100-110 to people clearing high floors with 23-70k cr

  • Anyways trade will be implemented in the future? Maybe just make items (items only and not gold) tradeable via mail or character to character so we can trade unneeded items to our friends.

  • are the arena rewards bugged btw because i only seem to get first clear rewards and the floor reward from the floor i die on (not the 30 i did before that)

  • @K6WGX5M35H said:
    So how about just giving everyone who didnt wanna use exploits in the arena all the first time clear rewards since tons of people who dont deserve them now have them.

    I dont think this is gonna be the answer neither, i did arena until floor 45, before stoping cause of the exploit, and to be honest i dont deserve to get the rewards, cause i did not clear the arena, so for me that would not be a real solution, i know some ppl are angry, a lot of ppl wasted tons of gold to get to higher floor before stoping for this, but still i think this would be doing more harm that good.

  • NatoriousNatorious Member, Pre-CBT Tester ✭✭✭

    @YMPKJHXLXW said:
    Anyways trade will be implemented in the future? Maybe just make items (items only and not gold) tradeable via mail or character to character so we can trade unneeded items to our friends.

    Well in the lead dev QnA he said they are working on something for trading while in party if something drops and its for a friend maybe you can trade that

  • WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

    @Smoreceror said:

    @K6WGX5M35H said:
    So how about just giving everyone who didnt wanna use exploits in the arena all the first time clear rewards since tons of people who dont deserve them now have them.

    We're discussing what we're doing with the first week's Arena rewards right now and will have updates soon.

    Give everyone free wings, who did arena simple fix ;D and some small price. OR reset ranking but hey. I tried to get on their legit and didn't really work out so..

  • Okay, Thanks for listening to us. This is a good patch, although there are still things that indeed need to be looked at. Good job neverless, and keep it up.

  • 5GCGJXEHAX5GCGJXEHAX Member
    edited August 2017

    the arena rewards will be given in this patch? i was at floor 107 yesterday, today i climb up to 115 my rank will count for today? i didnt used the vined weapon btw

  • VesporaxVesporax Member
    edited August 2017

    Just give everyone (except for the accounts that reached it) floor 120 rewards. That's the only fair way to do it if you're not gonna punish them.

  • why not just hand out the scar badges and none of the wings/special rewards this week?

    at least everyone is getting something from this issue, also it will allow of next weeks ranking to be alot more fair now the said weapon has been rebalanced.

    also very welcoming changes.
    and regarding auction house would it not be better to remove the min requirement all together for a month, see what prices items are placed at use those said prices as a place holder to make a far more viable AH? and some of the max prices need looking at as well.

  • What about the auction house?

Sign In or Register to comment.