We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

8/4 - Community Arena Update

edited August 2017 in Patch Notes

While the July 26 update came with a ton of great new content and features, it has also come with a a decent amount of pain, in particular for the Arena. The experience we provided wasn’t to the caliber we hoped, both in terms of bugs but also design. This has created an uneven playing ground when it comes to ranking and created some angst in the community.

To address the issues, next Tuesday 8/8 at 3pm PDT we will take an update maintenance in which will deliver 300 Bronze Champion Medals to all who participated in the arena from 8/2 to 8/9 - but no other rewards will be given for this time period. In addition, we will be temporarily disabling the cost to enter the arena, as well as eliminating the ranking and rewards for participating.

If you wish to continue to test, or experience the Arena you can, but we don’t believe the experience is good enough to provide rankings and rewards. We fully expect the rankings and rewards to come back at the end of August patch with a higher level of polish, adjusted balance adjustments for each floor, expanded access from level 1 through 65, and showing the clear time in the rankings.

We know that this hasn't been ideal, but we want to provide the best experience possible. We learned a great deal from our first major update and I intend to apply this knowledge going forward. We are quite lucky to have great development support from ALLM, but that also comes with the cost of more thorough testing before we push an update live. I hope to have more information in the coming weeks on how we hope to improve that experience.

As we get closer to the end of August we will update you with more details on how it will be improving. Thanks for your patience, and as always, your feedback.

Comments

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

This seems fine with me, though there are those permanent wings for ranks below 100.

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

Cool with me seems like it'll be decent

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭

I am not okay with this.

You're letting the dishonorable sacks of **** keep the high floor clearing rewards, and removing the possibility of getting them from everyone else.

I chose not to farm a vineway weapon. I did the "honorable" thing unlike so many others, and I get 1k kred, 100 badges and a level 7 gem less to show for it.

You recognize that it has created an uneven playing field, yet you do nothing to rectify the situation.

I am not okay with this.

• I think im on Grievuuz side here, i mean not to Sound entitled, but u let everyone have what they got from Arena, but didnt even consider handing everything out to all players`? in Terms of first clear rewards?

Handing out the first clear rewards would make the playingfield even again, anything else screams use what u can use to get what u want!

People not using the vineweapon are totally behind compared to People getting kred gems and badges scrolls etc.

most simple solution, Hand out first clear rewards for everyfloor Players didnt take and make Players even again.

edited August 2017

@Grievuuz said:

I am not okay with this.

You're letting the dishonorable sacks of **** keep the high floor clearing rewards, and removing the possibility of getting them from everyone else.

I chose not to farm a vineway weapon. I did the "honorable" thing unlike so many others, and I get 1k kred, 100 badges and a level 7 gem less to show for it.

You recognize that it has created an uneven playing field, yet you do nothing to rectify the situation.

I am not okay with this.

Maybe they'll keep first clear rewards, but just remove ranking rewards + daily badges? Wishful thinking is always possible.

• Wow this is amazing, good solution.

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

There are still people out there, WHO CANT PATCH 206!!!!!!!!
    Launcher always rolls the game back to 203, game version error, repair error, unable to determine version, etc.
    Im getting sick of trying to play.

Either I cant, or I can but with stronger mobs (shields still up), bugged weapons (vine insta crashes when dungeon loads, or equipped) and market manager fails to list items (can only list t7 at 5000 cred, not 2500).

Im not sure if that insta crashing could potentially even be used to roll back characters, allowing real DUPES... But apparently, you can patch your game locally to be DIFFERENT than anybody else´s!

• I'm okay with "disabling" the arena until you have everythimg figured out. But if there are not going to be rewards until the end of the month, will we be 2-3 weeks unable to get badges as no coins will be awarded?

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

we will see what they do with the first time clear if they removed it along with the ranking i will say sorry but u get bad decision again

@Exped said:
    Wow this is amazing, good solution.

It's fine for those who reached 120 already, it mainly hurts those without the tier 7 gem because we lose out on a very large part of CR. A tier 7 gem is worth 25 tier 5 gems, which is more than quadruple what a month's worth of gem farming can ever hope to achieve. Now granted the gem box is RNG and most likely 75% of those who hit 120 got a useless gem...

• Am I the only one wondering what these "coins" are? Also... if you're going to basically disable the current arena for the rest of the month and then revamp it again in the end of month patch anyway, why not just give everyone all the first-time clear rewards for uncleared floors? At the least, make sure every arena floor is immune to any kind of % health damage or make sure there's some kind of % damage limit/restriction when you do re-enable the arena so we don't end up with the same problem again.

• @Spirea said:

@Exped said:
    Wow this is amazing, good solution.

It's fine for those who reached 120 already, it mainly hurts those without the tier 7 gem because we lose out on a very large part of CR. A tier 7 gem is worth 25 tier 5 gems, which is more than quadruple what a month's worth of gem farming can ever hope to achieve. Now granted the gem box is RNG and most likely 75% of those who hit 120 got a useless gem...

I got fire gem, not the biggest boost. I do know a few people who did it with alts and got attack and crit damage.

I hear you, but now everyone at the start of the aug patch can do the arena fresh with no CR with wings. We can really see who the best pVE'r is. Also by then they should have class specific leaderboards. Which will even further determine the best of each class. Honestly I'm pretty hype to see the best of each class. I know for Fire Lord at least there's only me and Koreaboo, but other classes has a lot more competition.

At least it's better then not dealing with it at all don't you think? Now we all just need to increase our Cr and fully +15 our gear because I have a feeling that they'll change it so it doesn't 1 shot us anymore. The higher your armour the better.

• knoxxerknoxxer Member, Administrator, Moderator, EME Staff, Pre-CBT Tester admin

@Elysuu said:
    Am I the only one wondering what these "coins" are? Also... if you're going to basically disable the current arena for the rest of the month and then revamp it again in the end of month patch anyway, why not just give everyone all the first-time clear rewards for uncleared floors? At the least, make sure every arena floor is immune to any kind of % health damage or make sure there's some kind of % damage limit/restriction when you do re-enable the arena so we don't end up with the same problem again.

Apologies it is Bronze Champion Medals.

• MadokaMagicaMadokaMagica Member
    edited August 2017

I agree with giving everyone the first clear rewards .

• ExpedExped Member
    edited August 2017

300 bronze medals are horrible. You should be really be giving everyone a legendary gem because everyone who ABUSED the weapon got one.

Wondering how you guys come up with these rewards. Everyone who got 120 with the weapon are now ahead of everyone who didn't. A legendary gem is like 2-3 months of works of doing daily gem runs and fusing and opening boxs. Getting one is not a joke, it's super hard to get one. You guys are basically crippling everyone else who didn't get one. I think it's a little unfair.

Not to mention some people got legendary gems on multiple alts and were to TRANSFER it to there mains. Now there mains have 2-3 legendary gems which cut down of work by 3-5months. If you guys don't see how much that puts a player ahead of another then you guys are blind.

• @knoxxer said:

@Elysuu said:
    Am I the only one wondering what these "coins" are? Also... if you're going to basically disable the current arena for the rest of the month and then revamp it again in the end of month patch anyway, why not just give everyone all the first-time clear rewards for uncleared floors? At the least, make sure every arena floor is immune to any kind of % health damage or make sure there's some kind of % damage limit/restriction when you do re-enable the arena so we don't end up with the same problem again.

Apologies it is Bronze Champion Medals.

Thanks for the clarification. What about the first-time clear rewards situation? I'm pretty sure the "honourable" players would love to have the same rewards that the Greenleaf players got for free, especially since the "honourable" players are basically getting nothing with the way it is now.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod
    edited August 2017

First clear rewards are only a temporary advantage, one that is completely irrelevant once arena ranks are removed. The advantage from 116-120 is only a t7 soul gem which is completely random and may not even be useful. So while it does suck that fair players may not be able to get the full reward, it's ultimately on them that they're unable to clear the floors. You will eventually get the opportunity to get these rewards (much more easily too assuming they balance floor scaling) so there's no real disadvantage. The ones that truly don't deserve the rewards will most likely not be able to get back into arena anyways.

Giving full rewards to all players participating is really hypocritical. The amount of players incapable of clearing arena are magnitudes higher than the 30 or so that got full rewards. The entirement argument was about a few 15k CRs being able to clear all the floors. Now you want your 15k alt to have full rewards because you put in zero effort?

You have until tuesday to get all your rewards. It hurts to hear, but git gud and you might have those rewards too.

• @RyceCream said:
    First clear rewards are only a temporary advantage, one that is completely irrelevant once arena ranks are removed. The advantage from 116-120 is only a t7 soul gem which is completely random and may not even be useful. So while it does suck that fair players may not be able to get the full reward, it's ultimately on them that they're unable to clear the floors. You will eventually get the opportunity to get these rewards (much more easily too assuming they balance floor scaling) so there's no real disadvantage. The ones that truly don't deserve the rewards will most likely not be able to get back into arena anyways.

Giving full rewards to all players participating is really hypocritical. The amount of players incapable of clearing arena are magnitudes higher than the 30 or so that got full rewards. The entirement argument was about a few 15k CRs being able to clear all the floors. Now you want your 15k alt to have full rewards because you put in zero effort?

You have until tuesday to get all your rewards. It hurts to hear, but git gud and you might have those rewards too.

I did get the rewards, I'm talking about those who didn't. As much I am a selfish player, the weapon did change the game.

In the end it's just a game anyways

• Glad I wasted so much gold yet again this week trying to beat floors to ensure I would get ranked, EME just keeps on screwing over the honest players. I hope you are not surprised when more and more of us quit. You have close to pushed me over the edge so many times, rewarding those who abused the weapon, screwing over those who did not and you just keep on doing so. I am thoroughly disappointed to say the least.

• @RyceCream Someone can also argue that because it's apparently not a big deal, then there's even less reason to not hand out the rewards for free. It's not entirely about "getting good" because even though someone might be skilled enough to actually clear the floors before they disable the rewards, they might not have the CR to do so. I'm at floor 93 or 94 with just under 100k CR, so apparently I have to make up for the extra 100-200k CR to clear up to 120 in the next several days. That's obviously not happening.

IMO removing rankings and gold cost but leaving the first clear rewards sounds like the best option.

• Arena and competing is literally the only content for maxed out endgame players, thanks for removing it for a whole month.

• @Grievuuz said:
    I am not okay with this.

I am not okay with this.

Dishonorable? Honorable? The item was not a cheat/hax/exploit like some of the community member were mentioning. Enmasse even said it. It was an oversight error. Morality and whats honorable or not is a grey line that is very context specific. Just because you feel that its dishonorable/honorable doesn't mean others will felt the same way. They are tying their best to clean the situation and I think the solution they gave is quite reasonable rather than to give everyone rewards. I would love to get legendary gems on all of my level 65s who are clearing arena. But then more people will start QQing about people getting gems.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

@Exped said:

@RyceCream said:

I did get the rewards, I'm talking about those who didn't. As much I am a selfish player, the weapon did change the game.

In the end it's just a game anyways

Wasn't directing this towards you, but to the people that want rewards when they're hardstuck at 107/112/116 or whatever floor.
    It's not about being selfish. While the weapon did have a heavy impact, there's clear data that only <50 people got the rewards, and only a handful of them would otherwise be unable to clear at all.

• @knoxxer

You keep talking about this august update; how amazing it is; how it will be NA exclusive; all amazing things. While your faith in allm is pretty high, the rest of us are feeling rather disappointed by a lack of content and now a complete removal of the only challenging PvE content remaining. The issues with the current patch were left mostly unresolved in favor of this August patch. I love your responsiveness to the community forums, but maybe a bit of the white noise is getting in the way of the real issues.

We still don't have a fully functioning Auction House. Dimension accessories are bad. Arena gear was too strong. Skills are still bugged or have improper translations. Fix-it 10 hammers shouldn't be bound. We all want class change scrolls. We want more costume selection. There is still no enhancement transfer to Dimension from Craftable gear. Quests are bugged. While this update is very exciting, I'm sure a large portion of the community just wants a functioning game with some form of endgame content. When can we expect a preview of the new content so we can have reassurance that this isn't another smoke and mirror play (hello unpatched/broken dimension gear that isn't even an upgrade) to distract us from the unfixed mess.

How many announcements did we get hyped for when they announced this higher tier gear?. It kept a lot of people on a string. The gear was bugged, never fixed, and now its another hype train for this august update. I'm beginning to not buy it.

Ice just curious, did you actually try 116 without the weapon? I guarantee that at least 80% of those people who hit 120 would NOT be there even after 7 days of 100 attempts.

• 3CJ3FYJT9H3CJ3FYJT9H Member
    edited August 2017

@Spirea said:
    IMO removing rankings and gold cost but leaving the first clear rewards sounds like the best option.

Exactly I agree, If not put the old arena back :) .

edited August 2017

The arena gem boxes are account bound (I transferred a lowly lv 3 to my main from my alt)

• @TheFaker said:

@Exped said:
    300 bronze medals are horrible. You should be really be giving everyone a legendary gem because everyone who ABUSED the weapon got one.

Wondering how you guys come up with these rewards. Everyone who got 120 with the weapon are now ahead of everyone who didn't. A legendary gem is like 2-3 months of works of doing daily gem runs and fusing and opening boxs. Getting one is not a joke, it's super hard to get one. You guys are basically crippling everyone else who didn't get one. I think it's a little unfair.

Not to mention some people got legendary gems on multiple alts and were to TRANSFER it to there mains. Now there mains have 2-3 legendary gems which cut down of work by 3-5months. If you guys don't see how much that puts a player ahead of another then you guys are blind.

I don't think you can transfer gems. The item is locked when you open the slots on it.

from what I heard ppl who used the weapon talking about you can transfer the box the gem comes in, not the gems themselves...but thats just hearsay so who knows