We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

8/4 - Community Arena Update

Comments

• Of course its gonna be the Vamp player with Memeleaf who tells other people to git gud.

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

@Elysuu said:
    @RyceCream Someone can also argue that because it's apparently not a big deal, then there's even less reason to not hand out the rewards for free. It's not entirely about "getting good" because even though someone might be skilled enough to actually clear the floors before they disable the rewards, they might not have the CR to do so. I'm at floor 93 or 94 with just under 100k CR, so apparently I have to make up for the extra 100-200k CR to clear up to 120 in the next several days. That's obviously not happening.

Because it's hypocritical to do so. If you enter arena and you're not geared for it, you're stuck there for a reason. Like I said, there aren't even that many offenders to begin with. It's obvious hundreds of greenleafs were sold for the purpose of arena, but only a fraction of them are at 120. It's unfair that some of them have rewards, but there's tons more that shouldn't have rewards. The obvious solution is to minimalize the impact of unfairness, not hand out rewards to every player because they finished the starhenge entry quests.

Now if people were to say "remove all t7 gems", I'd completely agree because it minimizes the impact. I'll get it back in 3 weeks when arena reopens and so will most of the others that already have it. The other rewards are at much lower floors and extremely hard to isolate because they're consumables.

• ExpedExped Member
    edited August 2017

@TheFaker said:

@Exped said:
    300 bronze medals are horrible. You should be really be giving everyone a legendary gem because everyone who ABUSED the weapon got one.

Wondering how you guys come up with these rewards. Everyone who got 120 with the weapon are now ahead of everyone who didn't. A legendary gem is like 2-3 months of works of doing daily gem runs and fusing and opening boxs. Getting one is not a joke, it's super hard to get one. You guys are basically crippling everyone else who didn't get one. I think it's a little unfair.

Not to mention some people got legendary gems on multiple alts and were to TRANSFER it to there mains. Now there mains have 2-3 legendary gems which cut down of work by 3-5months. If you guys don't see how much that puts a player ahead of another then you guys are blind.

I don't think you can transfer gems. The item is locked when you open the slots on it.

You can transfer the BOX, DancingRain transferred 3 boxs.

• GrievuuzGrievuuz Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017

@94WLKERC76 said:

@Grievuuz said:
    I am not okay with this.

You're letting the dishonorable sacks of **** keep the high floor clearing rewards, and removing the possibility of getting them from everyone else.

I chose not to farm a vineway weapon. I did the "honorable" thing unlike so many others, and I get 1k kred, 100 badges and a level 7 gem less to show for it.

You recognize that it has created an uneven playing field, yet you do nothing to rectify the situation.

I am not okay with this.

Dishonorable? Honorable? The item was not a cheat/hax/exploit like some of the community member were mentioning. Enmasse even said it. It was an oversight error. Morality and whats honorable or not is a grey line that is very context specific. Just because you feel that its dishonorable/honorable doesn't mean others will felt the same way. They are tying their best to clean the situation and I think the solution they gave is quite reasonable rather than to give everyone rewards. I would love to get legendary gems on all of my level 65s who are clearing arena. But then more people will start QQing about people getting gems.

I do follow the logic here that all's fair in love and war, players simply went with what seemed to be the right choice.

However. Everyone knew that this was unintended, everyone knew that this was a mistake and would be fixed, everyone KNEW that they were doing, and that it would create a mess, and claiming otherwise is plainly ignorant.

The reason your argument is fallible is the fine line between pure and malicious intent.

But at any rate, the fault still lies with EME. They had a plethora of solutions available to them since this problem surfaced, and they've chosen a bad one, because it screws over the honest players, and not the ones that knowingly cheesing the tower.

TL;DR in my opinion (which is biased and fallible as well), the best solution would have been to bring floors 116 and 119 in line with the rest of the tower difficulty, and let the first clear rewards stay. Because it makes no sense that the 116th floor is a harder dps check than 120 in the first place.

• @Grievuuz said:

@94WLKERC76 said:

@Grievuuz said:
    I am not okay with this.

You're letting the dishonorable sacks of **** keep the high floor clearing rewards, and removing the possibility of getting them from everyone else.

I chose not to farm a vineway weapon. I did the "honorable" thing unlike so many others, and I get 1k kred, 100 badges and a level 7 gem less to show for it.

You recognize that it has created an uneven playing field, yet you do nothing to rectify the situation.

I am not okay with this.

Dishonorable? Honorable? The item was not a cheat/hax/exploit like some of the community member were mentioning. Enmasse even said it. It was an oversight error. Morality and whats honorable or not is a grey line that is very context specific. Just because you feel that its dishonorable/honorable doesn't mean others will felt the same way. They are tying their best to clean the situation and I think the solution they gave is quite reasonable rather than to give everyone rewards. I would love to get legendary gems on all of my level 65s who are clearing arena. But then more people will start QQing about people getting gems.

I do follow the logic here that all's fair in love and war, players simply went with what seemed to be the right choice.

However. Everyone knew that this was unintended, everyone knew that this was a mistake and would be fixed, everyone KNEW that they were doing, and that it would create a mess, and claiming otherwise is plainly ignorant.

The reason your argument is fallible is the fine line between pure and malicious intent.

But at any rate, the fault still lies with EME. They had a plethora of solutions available to them since this problem surfaced, and they've chosen a bad one, because it screws over the honest players, and not the ones that knowingly cheesing the tower.

TL;DR in my opinion (which is biased and fallible as well), the best solution would have been to bring floors 116 and 119 in line with the rest of the tower difficulty, and let the first clear rewards stay. Because it makes no sense that the 116th floor is a harder dps check than 120 in the first place.

Every post you make shows me there is hope in this game, makes me feel like I am not the only one who got screwed over big time, many times over. I am seriously so sick of this bs...lol

• @Grievuuz said:

@94WLKERC76 said:

@Grievuuz said:
    I am not okay with this.

I am not okay with this.

I agree with you there. What do you feel is the best way to rectify the solution, post storm.

@Spirea said:
    Ice just curious, did you actually try 116 without the weapon? I guarantee that at least 80% of those people who hit 120 would NOT be there even after 7 days of 100 attempts.

Yes I did. At the time I had 165k cr and only SH wep/ring/bella hat, so no EX or aspd buff. I don't think it was as much of a struggle as people claim it to be. You can pm me cause I don't think people care about this stuff.
    And you're right, only a few would be able to get past 116. The thing is, I wouldn't even count on that being the case anymore because of the floor "rebalance" that's going to happen.

• ElysuuElysuu Member
    edited August 2017

@RyceCream Gear is just a bottleneck to skill in the current arena. It doesn't take skill to obtain the gear necessary to clear the higher floors in time, but it does take time to get the necessary gear. If there wasn't a floor timer then I would totally be willing to spend an hour or two kiting the NPCs on floor 120 (and the other top floors) with 100k CR to get the rewards, but there is a timer and it's a tight one. Handing out rewards for uncleared floors even for at least one character per account mostly levels out the playing field and minimizes the disadvantage between the few that got the gems (whether they deserved it or not) and the many that didn't get the gems.

We don't know exactly how they're going to change the arena in the next update, so they could either reset the first-time clear rewards again (which means people who got this set of rewards will get a second set assuming they're skilled enough) or everyone's progress remains the same as it is now which just means people get a fresh start with no wings advantage and possibly an easier time clearing the floors due to the new balancing. It would probably be fine if it's the latter option, but at this point I have extremely low expectations for their decisions. If they decide to reset the first-time clear rewards for everyone in the updated arena, then they better be prepared to hand out the first set of rewards for free.

TL;DR - I'm fine with not giving the first-time clear rewards for free if and only if the current first-time clear reward progress is saved/transferred to the upcoming arena update.

• > @TheFaker said:

@Exped said:

@TheFaker said:

@Exped said:
    300 bronze medals are horrible. You should be really be giving everyone a legendary gem because everyone who ABUSED the weapon got one.

Wondering how you guys come up with these rewards. Everyone who got 120 with the weapon are now ahead of everyone who didn't. A legendary gem is like 2-3 months of works of doing daily gem runs and fusing and opening boxs. Getting one is not a joke, it's super hard to get one. You guys are basically crippling everyone else who didn't get one. I think it's a little unfair.

Not to mention some people got legendary gems on multiple alts and were to TRANSFER it to there mains. Now there mains have 2-3 legendary gems which cut down of work by 3-5months. If you guys don't see how much that puts a player ahead of another then you guys are blind.

I don't think you can transfer gems. The item is locked when you open the slots on it.

Shit. Must be nice.

You want to know what the funny thing is? If you look at the discord channel and watched general chat. So many people bought the memeleaf items on their alts trying to clear to 120. I only know of one player who did it on an alt and the arena rankings shows it. Im sure many people attempted, even Exped himself attempted on an alt, but they weren't able to clear all the way through 120 before the fix.

• MaljasMaljas Member

A good move, but the people who stayed legit for arenas are simply screwed over and swept under a rug.

• PCYGCLGRFEPCYGCLGRFE Member
    edited August 2017

@PCYGCLGRFE said:
    @knoxxer

You keep talking about this august update; how amazing it is; how it will be NA exclusive; all amazing things. While your faith in allm is pretty high, the rest of us are feeling rather disappointed by a lack of content and now a complete removal of the only challenging PvE content remaining. The issues with the current patch were left mostly unresolved in favor of this August patch. I love your responsiveness to the community forums, but maybe a bit of the white noise is getting in the way of the real issues.

We still don't have a fully functioning Auction House. Dimension accessories are bad. Arena gear was too strong. Skills are still bugged or have improper translations. Fix-it 10 hammers shouldn't be bound. We all want class change scrolls. We want more costume selection. There is still no enhancement transfer to Dimension from Craftable gear. Quests are bugged. While this update is very exciting, I'm sure a large portion of the community just wants a functioning game with some form of endgame content. When can we expect a preview of the new content so we can have reassurance that this isn't another smoke and mirror play (hello unpatched/broken dimension gear that isn't even an upgrade) to distract us from the unfixed mess.

How many announcements did we get hyped for when they announced this higher tier gear?. It kept a lot of people on a string. The gear was bugged, never fixed, and now its another hype train for this august update. I'm beginning to not buy it.

@ Everyone...

Not to sound redundant but the problem isn't that arena was broken... It's that EVERYTHING is broken... If all you do is whine and flame the community managers about 1 aspect of the game, that's all they will focus on.

I think the really big issue here is the release of new content and repeatedly generating hype without ever fixing anything they did before. I want a new patch and i would gladly postpone arena to get it. However, based on everything they have done so far, they've shown they are incapable of making a relevant content or patch update without breaking half of the game. What we should be asking is why hasn't anything been fixed yet and why do you ignore questions about it.

Multiple portions of the game are sloppily put together. Yes its beta. No it isn't ok. Be intelligent with your criticisms, and we will get intelligent responses

• @94WLKERC76 said:
    > @TheFaker said:

@Exped said:

@TheFaker said:

@Exped said:

Shit. Must be nice.

You want to know what the funny thing is? If you look at the discord channel and watched general chat. So many people bought the memeleaf items on their alts trying to clear to 120. I only know of one player who did it on an alt and the arena rankings shows it. Im sure many people attempted, even Exped himself attempted on an alt, but they weren't able to clear all the way through 120 before the fix.

Yea catspaw only got to floor 40?

• @knoxxer said:

To address the issues, next Tuesday 8/8 at 3pm PDT we will take an update maintenance in which will deliver 300 Bronze Champion Medals to all who participated in the arena from 8/2 to 8/9 - but no other rewards will be given for this time period. In addition, we will be temporarily disabling the cost to enter the arena, as well as eliminating the ranking and rewards for participating.

WHERE DO I BEGIN? ....

First you messed up keeping that weapon in game and giving people the wings... mind you you fucked up keeping this weapon in.... so now you fuck up again this week and not giving the people that did work hard to get in top 100 without using this weapon and not giving them wings. Those people high most likely wouldn't even be where they are, and they would still have a chance this week to be on the boards.

Really this should be punishment to those that used this weapon and cant do the content anymore without it. The people that didn't use it shouldn't be punished. I cant express how disappointed I am reading this. I love this game and enjoy playing that is why im almost done getting all char to 65. But i need to rethink this b/c when fuckes like this happen I cant stay competitive on my main char.

Lets play POE that just released and see if I come back.

@Elysuu said:
    @RyceCream Gear is just a bottleneck to skill in the current arena. It doesn't take skill to obtain the gear necessary to clear the higher floors in time, but it does take time to get the necessary gear. If there wasn't a floor timer then I would totally be willing to spend an hour or two kiting the NPCs on floor 120 (and the other top floors) with 100k CR to get the rewards, but there is a timer and it's a tight one. Handing out rewards for uncleared floors even for at least one character per account mostly levels out the playing field and minimizes the disadvantage between the few that got the gems (whether they deserved it or not) and the many that didn't get the gems.

We don't know exactly how they're going to change the arena in the next update, so they could either reset the first-time clear rewards again (which means people who got this set of rewards will get a second set assuming they're skilled enough) or everyone's progress remains the same as it is now which just means people get a fresh start with no wings advantage and possibly an easier time clearing the floors due to the new balancing. It would probably be fine if it's the latter option, but at this point I have extremely low expectations for their decisions. If they decide to reset the first-time clear rewards for everyone in the updated arena, then they better be prepared to hand out the first set of rewards for free.

TL;DR - I'm fine with not giving the first-time clear rewards for free if and only if the current first-time clear reward progress is saved/transferred to the upcoming arena update.

Memeleaf removed the gear bottleneck so why was everyone complaining? You would be on equal footing competing for the fastest time without having gear as a bottleneck. It's the closest thing to equalized gear that we're getting. A 29k cr cleared faster than a bunch of 100k+, that's a clear indication of better skill to me. Yet everyone was upset because it trivialized their efforts of getting better gear. That's a bit extreme of an example, but you shouldn't expect to be on the same playing field as someone that puts in time to get much better gear.

I agree with the first time rewards though. They need to do it in a way that no character will have 2 first time clears. Simplest way would be to just leave rewards as is and add in any new rewards if they manage to clear it again.

• Pushed myself pretty hard to clear up to floor 97 for the week, finally comfortably in the top 100, and then memed by staff that my gold and effort are only worth 300 coins with nothing to show for being one of the top 5 zerkers still trying to show relevance in the arena.

I'm emotionally distraught and I need a hug :cry:

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

@Propitiate said:
    Pushed myself pretty hard to clear up to floor 97 for the week, finally comfortably in the top 100, and then memed by staff that my gold and effort are only worth 300 coins with nothing to show for being one of the top 5 zerkers still trying to show relevance in the arena.

Only reason you are in the top 100 is because people cannot be ranked if they do not clear any floors, so all those stuck on 107 116 do not show up.

• @Spirea said:

Only reason you are in the top 100 is because people cannot be ranked if they do not clear any floors, so all those stuck on 107 116 do not show up.

Is that supposed to take away from the fact that it was a waste of time in the end for pushing unbalanced content on the class I main that is gimped in said content? the past 3 days I've been pushing it to stay in the ranks when people break out of those floors and get ranked, pretty much wasting gold and hours of my play time memorizing boss patterns and starting rotations hoping for rng, to just be told "oh well"

It's just making me salty

• @Bashnir said:

@knoxxer said:

To address the issues, next Tuesday 8/8 at 3pm PDT we will take an update maintenance in which will deliver 300 Bronze Champion Medals to all who participated in the arena from 8/2 to 8/9 - but no other rewards will be given for this time period. In addition, we will be temporarily disabling the cost to enter the arena, as well as eliminating the ranking and rewards for participating.

WHERE DO I BEGIN? ....

First you messed up keeping that weapon in game and giving people the wings... mind you you fucked up keeping this weapon in.... so now you fuck up again this week and not giving the people that did work hard to get in top 100 without using this weapon and not giving them wings. Those people high most likely wouldn't even be where they are, and they would still have a chance this week to be on the boards.

Really this should be punishment to those that used this weapon and cant do the content anymore without it. The people that didn't use it shouldn't be punished. I cant express how disappointed I am reading this. I love this game and enjoy playing that is why im almost done getting all char to 65. But i need to rethink this b/c when fuckes like this happen I cant stay competitive on my main char.

What you mean POE was just released, i remember playing POE the last year... new expansion?

• @ecchiless said:

@Bashnir said:

@knoxxer said:

WHERE DO I BEGIN? ....

What you mean POE was just released, i remember playing POE the last year... new expansion?

New Expansion, its huge, and its amazing!!!

• BashnirBashnir Member
    edited August 2017

@Propitiate said:
    Pushed myself pretty hard to clear up to floor 97 for the week, finally comfortably in the top 100, and then memed by staff that my gold and effort are only worth 300 coins with nothing to show for being one of the top 5 zerkers still trying to show relevance in the arena.

Sending Zerker love, I know the pain man ... worked my ass off to hit floor 97 and as a zerker that is good and nothing to show for it. feels bad man.

• @Bashnir said:

@ecchiless said:

@Bashnir said:

@knoxxer said:

WHERE DO I BEGIN? ....

New Expansion, its huge, and its amazing!!!

Thanks for the info, gonna update and try later, i think is time to make a Shadow and check the Sin build.

• It's so unfair... people r aleady ahead coz of the first time completion items and and even tho most people werent able to make it to the ranking coz they cant finish floor 120 without the vine weapon this week, u r giving everyone the medals.... it's like they r being rewarded for what they did. The new best in slot gear is still not fixed and it might never be, the arena is getting revamped and we have no idea what will be coming... it might become harder, rewards could be changed... etc, and the ones who r going to pay for this, funny enough, r the ones who actually DIDNT abuse the vine weapons and instead chose to do it the right way. It's so unfair it's actually saddening.....

• Isn't the arena system base on snowballing? The stats from the Top 3 Wings are better than the top 10, and thats better than the top 100. The top players already have an advantage from those stats alone.

• @TheChainBoy said:
    It's so unfair... people r aleady ahead coz of the first time completion items and and even tho most people werent able to make it to the ranking coz they cant finish floor 120 without the vine weapon this week, u r giving everyone the medals.... it's like they r being rewarded for what they did. The new best in slot gear is still not fixed and it might never be, the arena is getting revamped and we have no idea what will be coming... it might become harder, rewards could be changed... etc, and the ones who r going to pay for this, funny enough, r the ones who actually DIDNT abuse the vine weapons and instead chose to do it the right way. It's so unfair it's actually saddening.....

yup, i guess this teaches everyone a very important lesson. CHEAT and you get what you want, make sure to do that IRL as well.

• @RyceCream I think people were complaining because it wasn't supposed to be that "much better" than what we were grinding for in Starhenge. It was so much better for the arena that it trivialized the clearance of the floors to the point where all you had to do was run around and give the NPCs a slap in the face every 10 seconds to win and get the rewards. But then again I didn't try the weapon myself so I'm only saying what I've read about it, so you can probably enlighten me on exactly how it worked if it wasn't as simple as running around for 100 seconds. I don't think it was the arena clear times that concerned us; it's the first-time clear rewards that people who didn't deserve them were getting by using a blatantly overpowered item which you could only get from either pure RNG or buying it with an amount of kred that some people might not even have. It's all over now anyway, so whatever. Here's hoping they make the right decisions with the upcoming arena and content updates, and hoping they use the rest of this month before the update to fix some of all the other tons of issues the game still has.

• (TYPICALLBFTIME

"")

They should have don`t like they did in SEA, just disable the entire arena lololo.

• FinalSinFinalSin Member

i would of liked it you just reset the arena instead of disabling it until the end of august oh well beggars can't be choosers.

• it sucks that the vineway weapon abusers don't get banned, they deserve to. I have no idea how can someone think it's okay to get 1 easy weapon that allows them to solo the whole arena, which isn't supposed to be possible without huge cr.

These are the kind of people who think duping is okay because they're just using game mechanics..

@Elysuu It's a mix of a few things whether it was for wing rewards or first clear rewards. It's clearly ridiculously strong so I won't get into that.
    Most complained that people were unfairly getting rewards that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten. While it is unfair, it still takes some amount of skill/effort to clear the later floors with the weapon. If it was really a braindead hit and run, you would see the top 100 at floor 120.

Some quick analysis of player stats to put this into perspective:
    Judging by the old arena when the 100th spot was somewhere around 2:30, it would mean that the top 100 has at least 150k CR buffed (town with wham and kperk) or an extreme low of 120k if they're really good. Being fairly generous with the lower bound, this puts current town CR of the top 100 at 100k-110k+. This basically means there are at least 100 people with enough gear to clear something like the first 90 floors fairly easily. That wasn't the case because the first day had a cutoff of low 80s for top 100. This just means people lack skill and would eventually get pushed off top 100 regardless.

Moving on, replacing their weapon with a +0 greenleaf would drop the lower bound to around 70k. Looking at the previous week's rankings, there were 49 clears at 120. Of the 49, only 2 of them were below the 70k threshold (these are guaranteed alts). The next lowest is around 98k cr, which is geared enough to not be considered an alt.

There weren't as many alts abusing rewards as people claimed. There were hundreds of greenleafs but only 49 clears. It wouldn't make sense to stop at a lower floor if the weapon was really ezpz. This only means that it takes a good amount of skill to clear even with a busted weapon. This sort of goes back to what I mean by equalized gear. Someone capable of clearing with ridiculously low CR would still get pretty close if they had the gear. Someone with really high CR but stuck at some floor would indicate lack of skill and would eventually drop in rank. Obviously there are some class differences, but those weaknesses aren't enough to make it impossible to clear, they just have to put in more effort for a hit and run.

Then there were people that outright refused to use it. The main barrier was at 116 whether it was with or without greenleaf. I've actually seen some stuck at 112, 107, or lower (they don't even get the good rewards yet so I won't count them). Given enough time, they would eventually clear it without greenleaf. So in reality there weren't that many undeserving rewards handed out.

As for weekly rankings, this basically means nothing now that it's getting removed. While the real top 100 is skewed temporarily, it won't impact the rankings going into the new arena since no one will have wings. This was the main concern of the previous top 10. The weapon made gearing almost meaningless. It would end up as a battle for fastest clear which was the main problem in the old arena.
    Since I figured no one took the ranking seriously, I actually was just memeing the ranks and dropped my CR while simultaneously improving my time to get the board to update (went from 116k to 86k to the current 129k). Sounds dumb, but it does prove a skill requirement with greenleaf.

I think I hit all the main points/concerns. Apologies if my logic jumps around, it's pretty late.