We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

Patch incoming tomorrow, August 8: v207 Patch Notes

edited August 2017 in Patch Notes

On Friday, we discussed an upcoming hotfix, now labeled v207, to be deployed on Tuesday, August 8 at 3 p.m. PDT. The update is primarily focused on resolving the issues we’ve seen around the Arena after July update. While we know this update isn’t anything to write home about, it gives us the time to fully address and revamp the Arena for the end of August update. We expect the Arena to be back at the end of August with a higher level of polish, balance adjustments for each floor, expanded access from level 1 through 65, and displaying the clear time in the rankings.

We’re also adjusting prices for some Auction House items and removing gifting from our store. As you know fraud and gold sellers are a constant battle with any online game. These updates focus on closing some loopholes that they are abusing. As always, we strive to balance constraints against how they impact the normal player.
Without further adieu…

Patch Notes:

Arena
* No “regular” rankings and rewards for the week starting August 2; instead all participants will receive 300 Bronze Champion Medals by August 11.
* Removed Arena ranking rewards until the end of August update.
* Removed Arena daily rewards until the end of August update.
* Removed Arena floor clear rewards until the end of August update.
* Removed Arena tab on ranking page until the end of August update.
* FREE entrance fee for Arena until the end of August update.
* Added a new string in the UI noting the Arena is being prepared for the new season.

Economy
* Adjusted Starhenge gear min/max price to 1500–2500. This does not affect existing listings.
* Disabled the EMP Store gifting option for all items. Our analysis indicates this was being used far more for evil than for good.

UPDATE: The 300 bronze champion medals will be delivered by August 11, not during maintenance as we previously announced. Apologies for the delay!

UPDATE 2: The auction house is currently not accepting certain items between their listed minimum and maximum prices. We're investigating now and will update here when we know more.

UPDATE 3: We believe we've solved the issue preventing players from listing certain items in the auction house.

UPDATE 3: Bronze Champion Medals are on track to be delivered before the weekend - probably throughout the day Friday (we run a small gradual script to distribute these). they will show up in your participating character's mailbox. For exact eligibility see below:
* US server : Character who played Arena during 8/2 6am ~ 8/8 3pm
* EU server : Character who played Arena during 8/2 6am ~ 8/9 12am

Comments

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

Those who used the vined weapons got the last laugh indeed.

• Please if you want to shift SH prices lower the min but leave the maximu at 5000 or something like that so we can juggle with prices a bit. If not the only thing that i see is taht every SH item will be 2,5k kred.

Arena change is just plain bad. So now i play the next 23 days and i cant buy daily things from the Arena NPC? Why is that exactly?

I would really like to see how you guys think this kind of things. Like how did you come to get this "solution" because in my small mind i dont get it. The only thing that this will bring it will be a mass exodus. What i mean is that a lot of people will leave the server.

@Smoreceror when you can please read my post: https://forums.enmasse.com/kritika/discussion/3325/things-that-i-would-like-to-see-in-future-updates#latest

• RaksuraRaksura Member
    edited August 2017

Having new (even minor) content added with those kinds of updates might make them seem a bit less like a downgrade. I read: still working on the arena (temporary removing most of its functionalities), removed a functionality from the cash shop. It's not that those are bad things to do, it's just that for a player perspective, you're only taking away.

• @Raksura said:
    Having new (even minor) content added with those kinds of updates might make them seem a bit less like a downgrade. I read: still working on the arena (temporary removing most of its functionalities), removed a functionality from the cash shop. It's not that those are bad things to do, it's just that for a player perspective, you're only taking away.

what are you talking about, we are getting an amazing 300 bronze medals ¬.¬ /sarcasm

• So it's a big F you to anyone on its way to get the first clear rewards? Am I witnessing another huge action mmo downfall due to horrible decisions?

• 300 bronze medals, what a joke.

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

I want my 7777 medals for my emblem plz eme

• MyriasMyrias Member ✭✭

Please let me patch this patch this time without launcher errors ;______________;

• Ash20Ash20 Member

This is My Favorite Game but I have to be Honest, This game will die so soon if this continue like this, Recommendation: Hire new staff.

• Come on people don't be mad we are getting 300 medals. Isn't that awesome?

• @DAiNiROK said:
    Come on people don't be mad we are getting 300 medals. Isn't that awesome?

Better than wings man

• RaksuraRaksura Member
    edited August 2017

@DAiNiROK said:
    Come on people don't be mad we are getting 300 medals. Isn't that awesome?

That's actually one of the parts of the patch I don't like.

Doesn't each floor reward you with at least 10 upon completion, meaning that we lose the ability to gain much, much, more than 120*10 medals (not counting the other rewards) and get 300 instead? So yeah, it seems like the optimal path here was to clear all the floors (either by being good, or using the we-cant-help-ourselves-so-its-not-cheating-but-eme-s-fault vineleaf), then get the extra 300 medals. From what I can see, if you're not a very good player or not a totally-not-cheater, you lose in this deal.

Edit: Oh shoot, that was unmarked sarcasm, wasn't it? :/

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

Well, pretty much what I was expecting. Still couldnt you guys perhaps have added anything new in this patch? Only taking things away? I dont mean like new features or anything, but something like a generous event so that we could still have something to do until the end of august. Whats there left to do ingame now?

• Woah, 300 medals!!!!???!!! :O

• FREE entrance fee for Arena until the end of August update.

no rewards no point LUL

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

Instead of making all these silly changes to a game that was popular enough for you to want to bring it over, you/ALLM should have just left it as it was, or not brought it over at all. The game just isn't fun with all these absurd thoughtless changes, and at this rate, even if the end of August update is AMAZING, so many may have left by then, that it would hardly matter any more, and make people less incline to even give Closers a try at all should you actually be bring that over next.

When playing I keep saying to myself "why am I even bothering to play this game?" and I sure as heck am not looking at things to spend real money on. Think I'll just lay way off on playing, and go back to other games. Maybe you'll salvage this mess, maybe you won't, but my opinion of EME has certainly gone down after all of this.

• AAWDR7HX7CAAWDR7HX7C Member
    edited August 2017

they are trying their best, give them a break, also its hard to buff droprate and keeping bella extreme runs to 20-30 secs in solo, so buffing starhenge was needed because legs was barely dropping before patch atleast now u see it sometimes, but i agree with removing shield that was really unneeded.

• You can keep your 300 medals, they only add insult to injury.

F it even my 5th alt has more medals then that, how will this even be remotely helpful ? If this was ment as a band-aid it's not working, if anything it accelerated the bleeding.

• AngryPurplePurpsAngryPurplePurps Member ✭✭✭

Sneak peak in end of August patch please :D

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

thank u for your patient and feedback < this words u always say this enmasse but what we learn u dont hear the community but listening to your stubborn ideas , and shut us up with 24h 30% drop rate
    dont this publisher company realize they are loosing players ? what are u thinking? do u think end of august will bring them back ? haha dream, hundreds of people rather play sea then a messed up server until u let them trust u again

as i stated before u are a king of removing ! all i see is remove remove , i understand this time why but removing first time clear,just why ?

• 2EndLifes4u2EndLifes4u Member ✭✭

@Nopi said:

@AAWDR7HX7C said:

I may be forgetting a few, but if we don't see pretty much all of these in this August update, might as well not patch at all, close the game, and have the staff go reinforce Tera's staff or something.

august update let me think hmmmmmm they said there we will get something we wont see in other version , hmmmmmmmm are we rat labs ? to test it for korean now ? or it will be amazing who knows , but i know this if they couldnt handle an existed content that other version has how will they handle a new brand content even allm will have a hard time with us watching tons of bug appeared because they dont have experience with the LIVE CONTENT
    save ur self the trouble and just give us KR update path we dont want to see other ppl quit the game because u messed up and i have 70% u will mess up in the next update but we will see and this is might ur last chance to earn ppl trust

and there are few who got a huge advantage from the memeleaf i am not talking about who did it with his main but to ppl who did it with main + alt to some ppl they will think they are getting behind and behind how are u gonna make those player thinks to have a chance to catch up? lvl 70 gems dung with higher gem boxes ? just bring popcorn and watch u how to handle this issue.

• NopiNopi Member ✭✭✭

@G47DYF5DJL said:

@Nopi said:

@AAWDR7HX7C said:

I may be forgetting a few, but if we don't see pretty much all of these in this August update, might as well not patch at all, close the game, and have the staff go reinforce Tera's staff or something.

august update let me think hmmmmmm they said there we will get something we wont see in other version , hmmmmmmmm are we rat labs ? to test it for korean now ? or it will be amazing who knows , but i know this if they couldnt handle an existed content that other version has how will they handle a new brand content even allm will have a hard time with us watching tons of bug appeared because they dont have experience with the LIVE CONTENT
    save ur self the trouble and just give us KR update path we dont want to see other ppl quit the game because u messed up and i have 70% u will mess up in the next update but we will see and this is might ur last chance to earn ppl trust

and there are few who got a huge advantage from the memeleaf i am not talking about who did it with his main but to ppl who did it with main + alt to some ppl they will think they are getting behind and behind how are u gonna make those player thinks to have a chance to catch up? lvl 70 gems dung with higher gem boxes ? just bring popcorn and watch u how to handle this issue.

Right now, I'd be happy if they just fixed the current stuff. Because we all know what happens when you add code into already faulty code....

• AetheraAethera Member

Super regretting having spent money...

• PhoenixShiPhoenixShi Member

@Aethera said:
    Super regretting having spent money...

This is why I'm never in a rush to stuff money into a game, and steer well clear of founders packs. It's so easy to screw things up, I'll give them a while to either impress me, or disappoint me, then decide if I want to spend, or leave, and even when I spend, I'll never spend too much, as once again, it's so easy to screw things up.

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

@G47DYF5DJL said:

@Nopi said:

@AAWDR7HX7C said:

ofc we are rat lab o.o your tad slow