We are live and streaming! Come join us for a final farewell to Kritika Online, as we share stories, watch clips, and hang out with you all in Watchtower. src="https://player.twitch.tv/?channel=enmasseentertainment&autoplay=false"
height="360"
width="640"
frameborder="0"
scrolling="no"
autoplay="false"
allowfullscreen="true"
>

The Danger Zone Challenge Returns, with Reaper Week

The Danger Zone Challenge is back! Record a record-breaking run, Tweet it at our Twitter account with the #DangerZoneChallenge hashtag, and claim a Kred bounty!

Here’s how it works. Beginning Wednesday, August 16 at noon, and running through Tuesday, September 12 at noon PDT, players will be able to submit their recorded Danger Zone runs for inclusion on the leader board, a list that chronicles 10 of the most badass combatants in Kritika Online. Directions on how to submit can be found at the full article. We’ve made a few changes from last time around, though.

First, we specify ahead of time the Danger Zone that players will compete on. We’ll announce each week’s battleground on Twitter and add it to this article as soon as it’s revealed.

Second is that we’ll be doing four separate events, one for each of the four groups of advanced classes. We know that each group of classes has its own strengths and weaknesses, so we want to give each its time to shine! Check out the schedule below, mark your calendar, and prove you’re one of the best in your class!

Third, no res stones!

Fourth, no challenge letters!

This Week's Class: Reaper Challenge (Valyries and Vamps)

This Week's Stage: Sunset Stairway (Lv. 62-63) - Xanadu (INSANE ONLY)

Deadline for Submissions: Tuesday, September 5, at noon

We hope to see your submissions! If you have suggestions on stages for future weeks, suggest them below!

UPDATE: Alright, I've been talking it over with folks in the building and, based on popular feedback in the forums and in the building, I'm going to be making some tweaks for the upcoming weeks.

The plan is to shift to a Top 3 for each class for the remaining weeks and reach out to some of the highest ranking Berserkers and Fire Lords to give them a small prize for participating during this first week. I'm going to hold off on further changes for now, but I'm very interested in more suggestions on special rulesets to apply to future Danger Zones. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

UPDATE 2: There are several quests that affect spawns and conditions in the Vineway Dungeon. If these quests are in your log, your entry won't be valid. This rule has been put in place because those who have already completed the quest won't be able to get access to it.

Comments

• DownIoadDownIoad Member ✭✭✭

Cool! Speed runs are entertaining :)

Too bad I have no 65 warriors, good luck to those who compete.

• WarFaceSystemXWarFaceSystemX Member, Pre-CBT Tester

a speed run on warrior... LETS DO THIS BOIS

• YangYellowYangYellow Member
    edited August 2017

Uhmmm why does it need to be a tweet? Like tweetter isn't even a thing here in Italy....

Edit: See i don't even spell it right .... Twitter !

• SmorecerorSmoreceror Member, Administrator, EME Staff admin

@YangYellow said:
    Uhmmm why does it need to be a tweet? Like tweetter isn't even a thing here in Italy....

Edit: See i don't even spell it right .... Twitter !

Hmm, do you not have access to Twitter or is it unpopular in Italy? The main reason we wanted it on Twitter was to promote Kritika video sharing and help make our Twitter account a hub for showing off cool Kritika content, but I'm definitely open to making changes for the future so that as many people as possible con participate!

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭
    edited August 2017

While I'm glad you are separating the four different group classes, the sub-classes of each group have a completely different gameplay from each other. It would be more fair having a different ranking for each of them.

MOD EDIT: Please keep this thread limited to Danger Zone Challenge discussion. If you have information on a bug, please send it along to me via PM!

• Its unpopular here we use facebook the most.

• BoltzmannBoltzmann Member
    edited August 2017

As a warp mage player, I'm going to enjoy ignoring the entirety of this event.
    Best of luck to all who participate over the coming month!

Edit: :O it's based off score, does that mean we should run it naked for maximum combo points?

how is score even calculated anyway?
    I know in groups you get 0 score if you don't get the last hit.
    but as to how things higher than 0 are calculated I've no clue - if combo duration is a considerable factor maybe I won't ignore this event after all...

• JasonflyJasonfly Member ✭✭

Oh wow so it's score based again. I guess they didnt they learn how much of a failure the dungeon score is from the previous event lol

• @Smoreceror Is the rewards further divided into classes? For example Fire Lords has a top 10 etc? Because it can be confusing as your last tweet led me to this conclusion

Also how did he break into the top 10 if there is no top ten yet since not everyone put in their runs?

• When will the top 10 be updated?

Hey all! I understand there are some issues with the EU auction house currently, but this isn't the place to discuss them, so I'll be removing those posts. We haven't been able to duplicate issues internally with the items that have been reported so far. Please send some screenshots along to me via PM so that I can work with QA to replicate these bugs and get a fix in place.

@Jasonfly said:
    While I'm glad you are separating the four different group classes, the sub-classes of each group have a completely different gameplay from each other. It would be more fair having a different ranking for each of them.

PS: Btw, do we have an ETA for auction house fix in the EU? It's getting completely empty right now because it's been a whole week since no one can add any SH item to the AH.

True! I'm definitely considering doing Advanced Class specific runs in the future, but I wanted to get a feel for the level of participation in these events before segregating the folks who are participating further.

@YangYellow said:
    @Smoreceror Is the rewards further divided into classes? For example Fire Lords has a top 10 etc? Because it can be confusing as your last tweet led me to this conclusion

Also how did he break into the top 10 if there is no top ten yet since not everyone put in their runs?

I'm giving out a small prize to the first of each class to participate. There was a lot of "wait and see" last time, so the hope was that it would create an incentive to start submitting runs. I might have more small rewards planned throughout the week...

@Jasonfly said:
    Oh wow so it's score based again. I guess they didnt they learn how much of a failure the dungeon score is from the previous event lol

The main issue there was the infinitely spawning enemies in some stages, which the specified stage this week doesn't have. We're definitely looking to run variants on this contest in the future, though! If you have suggestions on other ways to compete in the Danger Zone Challenge, send them along!

@Boltzmann said:
    As a warp mage player, I'm going to enjoy ignoring the entirety of this event.
    Best of luck to all who participate over the coming month!

Edit: :O it's based off score, does that mean we should run it naked for maximum combo points?

how is score even calculated anyway?
    I know in groups you get 0 score if you don't get the last hit.
    but as to how things higher than 0 are calculated I've no clue - if combo duration is a considerable factor maybe I won't ignore this event after all...

The hope is that updating the Top 10 playlist every day will allow players to watch others, see how they're getting higher scores, and adjust their own strategy. That said, as I mentioned to Jasonfly, we're always open to suggestions on new ways to run these events!

@Valco96 said:
    When will the top 10 be updated?

Just got done! You can find the Top 10 playlist here and the article has the current leaderboard.

• WenesWenes Member
    edited August 2017

No one can compete with doomblade. This should be a class specific.

edited August 2017

@Wenes said:
    No one can compete with doomblade. This should be a class specific.

Like I said: "True! I'm definitely considering doing Advanced Class specific runs in the future, but I wanted to get a feel for the level of participation in these events before segregating the folks who are participating further."

Just trying to get an idea of the amount of participants before breaking things into smaller groups :)

• So there's no point to participate if you don't have Doomblade.This is sad.

@Wenes said:
    So there's no point to participate if you don't have Doomblade.This is sad.

Not all prizes are tied to placing on the Top 10. I've already been giving out small rewards to the first of each class to participate. It's possible that I'll be doing more random giveaways to those who participate.

• @Smoreceror said:

@Wenes said:

Not all prizes are tied to placing on the Top 10. I've already been giving out small rewards to the first of each class to participate. It's possible that I'll be doing more random giveaways to those who participate.

Can you give some examples of what the "small rewards" are? This would be nice to know so we can decide if it's worth our time to bother doing this.

@Elysuu said:

@Smoreceror said:

@Wenes said:

Can you give some examples of what the "small rewards" are? This would be nice to know so we can decide if it's worth our time to bother doing this.

Smart Start Packs for now, but I may throw other stuff in as well.

• @Smoreceror said:

@Elysuu said:

@Smoreceror said:

@Wenes said:

Smart Start Packs for now, but I may throw other stuff in as well.

That sounds like a pretty good deal for first participants. I suggest giving "all other" participants at least something even if it's really small so that no one feels like they completely wasted their time doing this. Maybe something like a handful of Arena medals.

• @Smoreceror
    Can we do several uploads? For example I make my participation, get to rank whatever but someone gets a better score and takes that place, if I try and get a better score can I resend it again?

@Valco96 said:
    @Smoreceror
    Can we do several uploads? For example I make my participation, get to rank whatever but someone gets a better score and takes that place, if I try and get a better score can I resend it again?

Yup! You can make as many submissions as you'd like!

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

Since no one bothered to suggest a better scoring method and just said it sucks, I think it should be based on score divided by time taken to complete. For example, a score of 150000 taking 100 seconds to run will give a final score of 1500.

• Got 260k as a fire lord boys. :3

• any 170k+ berserkers?

@RyceCream said:
    Since no one bothered to suggest a better scoring method and just said it sucks, I think it should be based on score divided by time taken to complete. For example, a score of 150000 taking 100 seconds to run will give a final score of 1500.

Thanks for the suggestion! My only worry there is if load times between rooms are counted towards the total timer - I don't remember if they are or not. I'll have to test it out!

• @Smoreceror said:

@RyceCream said:

Thanks for the suggestion! My only worry there is if load times between rooms are counted towards the total timer - I don't remember if they are or not. I'll have to test it out!

I think they are not. I did some speedruns before realizing the ranking went by score, not time and my best time was something along the lines of 1:13, but the video lasted 1:30 or sth like that

• IceIce Member, Player Moderators mod

@Smoreceror said:

@RyceCream said:

The dungeon timer pauses while loading.

• SpireaSpirea Member ✭✭✭

Are the rewards 1 per person or can one person use multiple characters to get multiple ranking rewards? Also extends to the next few weeks' challenge, would someone who entered the top 10 this week still be eligible for the other 3 weeks?

• @RP3WYL3THX said:
    Can you please forbid the use of +15 sh accessory that gives you alot of ex gauge because by allowing it you only put those who doesn't own one at disadvantage and if ppl start getting 300k+ scores by using it the challenge becomes less interesting and what not ... Although current first place didn't use one , I hope someone using it doesn't take first place ...

it really demotivates me trying to get higher score when i know ppl with the earrings could easily take first place without much effort while the one without it can struggle for 10 or more hours trying his best

This.

I am not gonna whine and say you disqualify or have those people's scores not valid because what's done is done, but you should also separate between subclasses (no Berseker ranked in top 10 and I think there's only 1 Fire lord).

• @Valco96 said:

@RP3WYL3THX said:
    Can you please forbid the use of +15 sh accessory that gives you alot of ex gauge because by allowing it you only put those who doesn't own one at disadvantage and if ppl start getting 300k+ scores by using it the challenge becomes less interesting and what not ... Although current first place didn't use one , I hope someone using it doesn't take first place ...

it really demotivates me trying to get higher score when i know ppl with the earrings could easily take first place without much effort while the one without it can struggle for 10 or more hours trying his best

This.

I am not gonna whine and say you disqualify or have those people's scores not valid because what's done is done, but you should also separate between subclasses (no Berseker ranked in top 10 and I think there's only 1 Fire lord).

The fire lord is first atm, thank you very much.

• @InvincibleExistence said:

@Valco96 said:

@RP3WYL3THX said:

This.

The fire lord is first atm, thank you very much.

And you have +15 earrings, which ,again, is fine, but other Firelords can't compete against Doomblades fairly without the combo potential that item gives you, and still there's no Berseker in the top 10.